Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why (56690 Views)

PVC Collection: Saraki Reacts As INEC Extends Deadline, States Why / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Absence From Presidential Debate / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by deboysben(m): 11:41am On Jan 19, 2019
HomeOfMe:
With @atiku's picture on the wall,does it look like he went to the US as @bukolasaraki's aide according to Mgbeeke laureta onochit.?...
am allergic to retarded zombies
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by SalamRushdie: 11:41am On Jan 19, 2019
Slynation:

So u expect Atiku to debate when his challenger is shying away.... Debate with who if i may ask, what point will it prove!! No Buhari No Atiku.... that's fair enough

there are other candidates there , we have known from the onset the Dullard will never debate , the man cant even stand for long again ..
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by deboysben(m): 11:42am On Jan 19, 2019
omooba969:

I see Atiku going the way of GEJ. smiley

Time will tell. cool
you actually meant buhari I know
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by bluefilm: 11:42am On Jan 19, 2019
If this information is true, then I can say I hear buhari heaving a very very huge sigh of relief right now.

If not, it would have been a serious mauling and demolishing for him.

I was totally disappointed with his dismal performance just some days ago.

The worst part I didn't find comfortable nor funny at all was him always having to ask the moderator to repeat herself.

And again, I see atiku being more eloquent should the debate happen which means he will be much more readier to express and explain himself and his points than buhari.

Well sha, eloquent or not, elections in nigeria are not won by the persons who are more eloquent.

Besides, Sai Baba still has more integrity than any of those contestants.

Which is why I am still saying Sai Baba 2023!!! tongue
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 19, 2019
[s]
livelymatilda22:
Lol...Atiku has finally seen an easy way out... Why can't he just attend the debate to sell himself to Nigerians?
[/s]

This is an honest question, are you daft?
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Ocfreedom(m): 11:47am On Jan 19, 2019
This Atiku reply is a political statement. You won't understand it now but wait until after to night debate. This people has political analyst that analyse every situation in line with the most favourable outcome to them. Less than one month now is the election, so every step is being calculated. Don't be surprised to see Atiku in the debate and don't also the surprise not to see him. Each decision has been calculated with a back up plan than you can see or imagine. Base on my own analysis as a political pundit, Atiku will show in to night debate. The statement is to put APC in a confused state as to not to know his next line of action till evening. Making them lay down their guide till disaster (debate) take them unaware. Because based on that statement, it is a disaster for APC to attend the debate or not to attend. As it stands now, it is a straight win for PDP for Buhari to attend or not to attend. If he (Buhari) attend, he will fumble big time and if he did not attend, it will be a great campaign point for PDP owing to the huge progress PDP recorded this week only. Again,for APC, they need to calculate the lesser damage between attending and not attending. Because as it stands now each outcome is a damage but they can minimize the damage by selecting a lesser option.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by frankmoney(m): 11:48am On Jan 19, 2019
bishopkay:

What ever makes you sleep at night Bro I don't care but My own personal reason for wanting to buy fuel in my generator and sub my dstv to watch this debate isn't because of some light weight contracted noise makers some of whom are mostly working for Buhari and APC to split votes and cause voter apathy, but it was to watch Atiku and Buhari then the others slug it out on a battle of wits, achievements and plans.

I am sorry you feel differently Bro but truth be told this election is between buhari and Atiku. Others are just after once presidential candidate title.
because people like you made it to be about the both of them , so anyone not supporting either candidates wants to cause voters apathy ? Lmao . Nigerians truly deserve thier leaders
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by okeamuboy: 11:48am On Jan 19, 2019
joefazee:
The man is in America how do you expect him to debate the same time ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtBXwFxxc5U

Sorry o, I hear sey the guy travel as an aide to saraki. Na person tell me o.
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by philip2014(m): 11:48am On Jan 19, 2019
Atiku is letting APC determine the way he runs his campaign, he should have just attend the debate n get the undecided voters or will u claim to be different From bubu if u also can't debate, I just wish Nigerians can let go of this grandpas and vote new minds
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Emmymarvel(m): 11:49am On Jan 19, 2019
deantimes:

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/atiku-withdraws-presidential-debate/
Atiku should know he his on that debate so Nigerians will know his plan for us and how to move the country forward...
He should do it for d Nigerians he claim to love and not for Buhari
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Slynation(m): 11:49am On Jan 19, 2019
SalamRushdie:

there are other candidates there , we have known from the onset the Dullard will never debate , the man cant even stand for long again ..
I know, but we all know the top dogs, others are just like parasite....They are there just to split votes and to build up their political ambition for future purpose

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by jelel6: 11:50am On Jan 19, 2019
RTSC:

The only people that can hold a moral high ground are the poor candidates that will attend the debate today.
They are the real heroes.

If you are a supporter of buhari, the president that ran from debate, then you don't know what is wrong with you yet.

I 100% percent support your position in your first paragraph. No doubt only them can claim the moral high ground.

For what it's worth, Atiku has every right to condemn Buhari for skipping the debate. But for him to claim Buhari's action is a lack of respect and himself follow Buhari's path thereby showing the same lack of respect for the other candidates is nothing short of the characteristics of a man whose own moral compass fluctuates like that of a lost ship captain looking for directions in the middle of the sea. In essence, Atiku himself lacks principle and the character to do the right things because it is the right thing to do.

I may not know what's wrong with me as you claim but Atiku is the one contesting for president and you best bother yourself with what's wrong with him I think.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Slynation(m): 11:52am On Jan 19, 2019
philip2014:
Atiku is letting APC determine the way he runs his campaign, he should have just attend the debate n get the undecided voters or will u claim to be different From bubu if u also can't debate, I just wish Nigerians can let go of this grandpas and vote new minds
Exactly shaaah.... but the main issue is that it's dsame grandpas in INEC that will determine the outcome and final result of the election!!
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by livelymatilda22: 11:53am On Jan 19, 2019
LiveByNight:
[s][/s]

This is an honest question, are you daft?
No,i am not daft...

Now answer mine.... Why are you this daft?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 19, 2019
One major reason why Atiku will win against Buhari is because Tinubu will prefer Atiku to win so he can get a shot at the presidency come 2023. Nobody will consider Tinubu if Osinbajo becomes VP twice
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by shizzy7(f): 11:55am On Jan 19, 2019
fk001:

Is not necessary you, but you know that apart from me Buhari still has supporters right?

They are the "we" i referred to.
Okay, Goodluck with your choice.
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Ganduri: 11:58am On Jan 19, 2019
seunmsg:
Even Atiku wants to dodge the debate. The excuse Afegbua gave is very silly. If Buhari fails to show up for the debate, it should be a plus for Atiku and not an opportunity for him to skip the event.

Mr. Lifeless Zombie advicer, how about you just take this advice and give it to the lifeless Buhari Since the debate is an added advantage? According to you its a plus to use the so called advantage, Since Atiku has dodged let Buhari go and take the advantage na? Lol. that moment a Zombie starts forming smartness.
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by IkennaDavid1(m): 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
seunmsg:
Even Atiku wants to dodge the debate. The excuse Afegbua gave is very silly. If Buhari fails to show up for the debate, it should be a plus for Atiku and not an opportunity for him to skip the event.

Read the insults by Itse Sagay this morning on all other presidential candidates and determine for urself if u as one of those candidates will attend the debate
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Ziggylady(f): 12:05pm On Jan 19, 2019
fk001:

Debate doesn't make someone to win election.

Even if Buhari would be rated the least among the presidential candidates, we will still vote for him no two ways about it.

Ofcourse its true...That buhari and his zombie supporters have very low IQs and ofcourse bound to come last in such debates are not in conntention

Howver such debatest helps to showcase the preparedness(or lack of) of aspirants towards meeting needs of the populace whose interest they claim to have..

.but buharists like y'all programmed not to think for themselves does not realise that.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by sugarcoatedhoni: 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2019
Dreambeat:
Good.If Buhari doesn't plan to attend,I think Atiku should not also attend until the day Nigerians start using debates as one of the criteria for electing candidates.Currently, based on the demographics of the voting public especially those living in the core north,the debates have very little relevance in election outcomes.If this happens in the more civilized countries,of course who ever does not attend for flimsy reason knows that he or she has kissed his ambition goodbye.Nigeria is far from getting there.Hopefully, one day she will.

Nice talk,

I truly hope the NASS will make compulsory debate attendance a part of our electoral law

Infact each presidential and gubernatorial candidates must attend 3 rounds of debate before the general elections.
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Meritocracy: 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2019
Who debate helps, making Nigeria great is not by mouth or debate. In a situation when president can't take any drastic steps without legislature.
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by sugarcoatedhoni: 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2019
I really pity Prof. Sagay, the situation he has found himself. Who doesn't know buhari is an empty head (Olodo)

Infact sometimes i fear for myself too what this thing called money can make an elder do, bend the obvious truth for gain.

Who doesn't know that Buhari would have been completely humiliated, disgraced and annihilated today from the intellectual firepower of Prof. Moghalu, Dr. Ezekwesili, The young speaker Durotoye and the seasoned and experienced Atiku.

Such a shame for Sagay, Buhari and APC
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by sugarcoatedhoni: 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2019
Meritocracy:
Who debate helps, making Nigeria great is not by mouth or debate. In a situation when president can't take any drastic steps without legislature.

Legislature is part of the beauty of democracy, infact principle of separation of power

Rather hope for a patriotic and responsible legislature

or

Are you a lover of impunity and don't want checks and balance?
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by jrusky(m): 12:36pm On Jan 19, 2019
That is what apc are waiting for. I knew they will create a mess or talk thrash to provoke other candidate for the debate to be cancel.

Since Buhari is my a s s political giant dodger no coming for debate then no need for debate but one thing remain certain and that is *No matter how fast and far you runaway from your shadow it will surely catch up with you one good day*

Buhari will not escape punishment before he die that is a sure bet.
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Mbediogu(m): 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
Nigerians are very wicked sha! Imagine Atiku taking on Buhari. Murder. Buhari facing Atiku -Suicide. MY HAND NO DEY O O.
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by bluecircle470: 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2019
ogawisdom:

Other candidates are irrelevant

Atiku can't debate Candidates who can't even win their LGA against him

Election is between Buhari n Atiku others are noise makers

Then Atiku shouldn’t complain about Buhari not debating either. They’re both bad candidates!
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 19, 2019
deboysben:
This is more important as at now

We are in a round table to discuss how to get Nigeria working again
Which is more important than Nigeria debate

since atiku arrived in the US he is yet to meet with renowned political movers & shakers of the us govt ... we all saw the likes of people buhari met in england & US before he became our president .
Atiku claims america endorsed him but till now he is yet to meet any of 1-5 first citizens of america .. discussing nigeria with political dwarfs in US is an absolute waste of time.
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by dododawa1: 12:54pm On Jan 19, 2019
WritePal:
Why God has rejected Buhari and is replacing him with Atiku.

1. The blood of thousands of innocent men, women and children in the middle belt and Plateau slaughtered in their sleep. Buhari gave the murderers tacit support by showing apathy to the genocide.

2. Buhari has elevated himself to the status of a 'god,' has lost every sense of worship and reverence to the Almighty and attempting to share glory with Him. He says it is 'impossible for him to lose' (arrogance) and Sagay says he's a 'god' (others are political dwarfs).

3. Besides Adesina and Shehu, all his spokespersons from Keyamo to Lauretta to Sagay (all SS in Buhari's diabolical divide and rule tactics) are abusers, divisive and haughty in their speeches (including their foot soldiers on Nairaland). Buhari keeps mum and provides a tacit go-ahead to them. God shall humble the proud.

4. His blatant unfairness and favoritism for untenable reasons considering the position God gave to him. He has a vindictive and hard-heartedness mind which he tries to hide by saying little and disregarding the Nigerian media.

Everyone thought Hillary Clinton would win in the US in 2016, but God rejected Obama because he was promoting the gospel of homosexualism and Hillary was firmly in his train. God has His ways and has chosen Atiku as the next president-elect of Nigerian. His will shall be done. The result of February elections shall surprise many people in Nigeria.
calling GOD name in nigeria politics annoy me guy,is ATiKU not in d system of Nigeria problems.
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by goslowgoslow(m): 1:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
deboysben:
Zombies can now hug transformer

Since buhari is dodging the debate no need for atiku

They apc and their gullible supporters said debate doesn't win election.

Meanwhile atiku have more important things to do in America to get Nigeria working again

Sai Atiku

Our incoming president
See this mu..mu so na from America he go d o better things to make Nigeria work? I am sorry for all of You.
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by greenprince(m): 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2019
Gandollar:
This is very welcome!

Imagine a white-washed old sepulchre like buhari who was helped to power by the likes of Tinubu and the same Atiku after serial failures calling an eminent personality like Atiku a political dwarf??

White-washed old Sepulchre!
Chai...... it is finished indeed cheesy cheesy
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by mrkia(m): 1:36pm On Jan 19, 2019
We are vindicated. We know he will find something to push forward as an excuse since he's been made known he will be answering questions about the bank. If you know you know
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2019
SalamRushdie:
it's very wrong for Atiku to be absent from that debate ...I understand that he is in the US but he can appeal that the debate be shifted till Tuesday so he attends!!!! this rubbish of People who want the highest seat of the land dodging debates must ASAP...its is very disrespectful....This is how Buhari refused to debate and see where we are today ....
grin SEEMS CONSCIOUSNESS IS FINDING ITS WAY TO EMANCIPATE SOME FOLKS FROM A CHOSEN ILLUSION. WHICH EVER WAY BUHARI OR ATIKU, IT WILL BE SELF DECEPTION OF THE GREASTES GRANDEUR TO EXPECT ANYTHING EXTRAORDINARY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Bags Omuma Chieftaincy Title 'Nneoma 1 Of Omuma' (Photos) / Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? / Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.