Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,919 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate (52905 Views)

EFCC Issues Statement On Magu's Reported Arrest / Obaseki Issues Statement On His Defection To PDP / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Debate, Apologizes To Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by OEPHIUS(m): 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2019
We came here for a Presidential debate, not a candidacy debate, and I, Atiku Abubakar can not challenge or question an administration where the man at the helm of the affairs of the nation is not present to defend himself or his policies. After all you cannot shave a man's head in his absence. I do not believe in attacking a man who is NOT here to defend himself. As a leader and former vice president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, let me first apologise to all Nigerians, my fellow candidates and the moderator for the the APC Presidential Candidates absence in this debate. His non-appearance is a slight on ALL of us and our democracy.

Secondly, with all due respect to my fellow candidates, Fela Durotoye, Oby Ezekwesili, Kingsley Moghalu and to the moderator Mark Sugar and with apologies to all Nigerians here and at home expecting an interesting debate, I regret that I will not be able to go on with this debate due to President Buhari's absence.

I however challenge President Buhari to choose a date and time for a debate where he will be present and I will be there, hopefully with the other candidates as well.

Thank you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Atiku Abubakar

449 Likes 48 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by id911(m): 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
I told you guys Atiku was at the debate venue and was about entering when we heard that Buhari has refused to come. Buhari is who we want to be in the podium with because he's our main opponent.

Buhari can't behave as if his Father is the owner of Nigeria and we continue to look the other way because we ain't all stupid

Buhari should choose time and venue that he is comfortable with to debate with Atiku and we will be there live. Any day or time he chooses, we are ready

615 Likes 52 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by SirLakes: 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
Source

Genuine ✔✔✔✔

Twitter grin

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by thatigboman: 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the incoming president of the federal republic May 29, 2019, always on point.

370 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by khingTony(m): 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
come Feb 16, you'll be termed as "PRESIDENT ELECT"

228 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Techguyz(m): 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
In India voice, Wier is Booboo

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by cnnamoko(m): 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
Lol.

Smart man. First showed up to show his seriousness. Could not find the hit man to bring down.

Leaves. Because other candidates ll use him for eba since he is the next hit man

Check my siggy for business templates and software

338 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Igbokid: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by BruncleZuma: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Strongbest(m): 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
Hmmm. Do I like the aura this man just displayed? I think I am getting me to like him somehow.

I really just want the best for this country and I pray the best wins.

Something new here:
www.nairaland.com/1798724/

146 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by LordAdam16: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
He traveled to the US (which some numbskulls said was impossible)...

He spent two days meeting with US Congressmen, the US Chamber of Commerce, and the Nigerian American community.

He left the US early this morning and spent almost half a day in the air.

Returned, addressed supporters, and even with jet lag arrived at the venue of the debate and met other candidates.

Then one senile retired soldier who was handing over his presidential candidacy to a "governatorial" candidate refuses to show up and you expect Atiku to debate him in his absence.

Buhari, the debate is always open; pick a date, time, and venue of your convenience, and Atiku will give you a bloody nose!!! It's a dare!

soberdrunk:
This is absolute Bullshit!!! Is it between you and Mr President? Is it Mr President that is going to vote for you? This is a direct insult to voters....... angry

Yes, it is between himself and Buhari. It is a debate not a campaign rally. Nigerians already have access to his manifesto (physical and digitial), plans, and have attended his rallies. Now, they want to see him square up with that waste of space to compare and contrast directly.

Don't be as empty-headed as your C-in-C; use your brain.

-Lord

324 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Oblitz(m): 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
Gram!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by crownwealth: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
Good decision

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by 1759King: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
Good!
What's good for the goose is also good for the gander.
If APC feel their Tradermoni vote buying is enough to win them the election, then Atiku shouldn't bother attending the debate as all sensible Nigerians are bent on sending failure out. Nigeria have not had it this bad before.

After all you cannot shave a man's head in his absence

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by crownwealth: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Stocking: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
Oloriburuku .
Will you even be allowed to ask other candidates questions during the debate?
What a useless reason .
I trust fl@thead ipobians to start jubilation because of this flimsy excuse .
This bastard is an opposition and he’s displaying so much pride .
The same person said in an interview that if they like let them vote for me . Just imagine the useless man .
It shall not be well with you Atiku and anyone supporting you .
Next level is certain

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by luemz(m): 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
very disappointing.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
The looting machine just squandered a noble opportunity to tell the nation why he should be voted for

Here he is comparing himself to the sitting president whose style of leadership Nigerians are already familiar with

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by soberdrunk(m): 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
This is absolute Bullshit!!! Is it between you and Mr President? Is it Mr President that is going to vote for you? This is a direct insult to voters....... angry

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by biosilicon: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
Lol. Las las he still bailed. grin The man has not even become president and wayo don already start.
You are contesting for the presidency to serve nigeria and not tussle with buhari. Are you better than the other candidates present? Get on that podium and defend your plans for the people.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Abdulhakeem78(m): 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
A

1 Like

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Hephzibahmusic: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
Oga oo, ( ATIKU and burahi ). None of these deserves a chance to rule this nation.

17 Likes

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Igbokid: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
id911:
I told you guys Aiku was at the debate venue and was about entering when we heard that Buhari has refused to come. Buhari is who we want to be in the podium with because he's our main opponent.
See this zombie. Get your flat...headed skull outta Atiku's ass.
Atiku wan use Bubu shine.. fear catch the idiot when he realised he would be the punching bag in the absence of Bubu.
Where are the Buhari must debate hypocrites grin cheesy

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by HRtechnique: 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
Well... he should have continued with the debate.
The people are more important... The mandate is more important and bigger than Buhari.

Even if an ant was there to debate with you, you should have continued. It's disrespectful to ignore the presence of other candidates as well.

This is my opinion but I also respect Atikus opinion.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
He chickened out

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by ochejoseph(m): 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
God bless the incoming President

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by fogechi: 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
He who runs live to fight another day.

For Atiku you need make use of every opportunity.his advisers should know better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by justjify(m): 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
I second you My President

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Jeffobinna1(m): 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
Good. Atikulated

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate by Hephzibahmusic: 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
Oga

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayose Meets Bail Conditions, Released (Pics) / Suswam Seeks 2 Days In Prison For Leaders / When Festus Keyamo Was Fighting For Peter Obi (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.