Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,281 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! (12754 Views)

Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray / Australian Muslims Pray For Rain In Bush Fire And Drought-ravaged Areas / Caution Muslims! The Prayers Are Meant To Be Observed Within Its Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by AbuTwins: 10:20am On Jan 19, 2019
A Muslim is mandated to Pray 5 times daily and at the fixed time for each particular prayer.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, As-Salaah (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours”
[al-Nisa’ 4:103]

Prayer offered before its time is not valid, according to the consensus of the Muslims. If a person offers a prayer before its time:

-if he does that deliberately, then the prayer is invalid and he is not free of sin.

-If that was not done deliberately, and he did it because he thought that the time for prayer had begun, then it is not a sin, and his prayer is regarded as naafil, but he has to repeat it because one of the conditions of the prayer is that it be done at the right time.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, in al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 2/88.

And it is not permissible to delay the time of prayer due to work as stated at https://www.nairaland.com/4969963/delaying-prayer-until-night-time-because

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Men whom neither trade nor sale (business) diverts from the remembrance of Allaah (with heart and tongue) nor from performing As‑Salaah (Iqaamat‑as‑Salaah) nor from giving the Zakaah. They fear a Day when hearts and eyes will be overturned (out of the horror of the torment of the Day of Resurrection).

That Allaah may reward them according to the best of their deeds, and add even more for them out of His Grace. And Allaah provides without measure to whom He wills”

[al-Noor 24:37-38]

Many apps are available on google play store and other app stores to determine the appropriate prayer times according to the prevailing season.
These times can be easily compared to the period of Fajr (Daybreak) or Magrib (sunset) as stated in texts!

10-15mins can be added to this timings to be on the safe side as it is better to pray after time with no doubt than pray before time with no reward.

May Allah accept our Prayers and supplications.

Attached Image: Lagos Prayer times from 8 February to 26 February 2019
Image Credits: Muslim Pro
ISNA Settings is used here as it is the closest to the accurate prayer times! And Allah knows best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 22, 2019
salah time is stipulated with weather NOT TIME

3 Likes

Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 22, 2019
And weather changes everyday

3 Likes

Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by AbuTwins: 11:02am On Jan 22, 2019
Abuheekmat:
And weather changes everyday

Are you sure weather changes every day? How does weather change everyday?

When you rush to post, you may type nonsense, why not be patient?

Read the post again and you may see this:

....Many apps are available on google play store and other app stores to determine the appropriate prayer times according to the prevailing season.

May Allah guide you and us!

1 Like

Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2019
AbuTwins:

Are you sure weather changes every day? How does weather change everyday?

When you rush to post, you may type nonsense, why not be patient?

Read the post again and you may see this:

....Many apps are available on google play store and other app stores to determine the appropriate prayer times according to the prevailing season.

May Allah guide you and us!

so it's applications that will tell us prayer times ba?

simple correction you don't want to hear..

and why are you angry xef?

5 Likes

Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by AbuTwins: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
Abuheekmat:

so it's applications that will tell us prayer times ba?

simple correction you don't want to hear..

and why are you angry xef?

Can't you read? OK it's just a guide!

O! I have forgotten that using spoon is forbidden in your manhaj! tongue

odaabo!
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Gidah: 9:18am On Feb 08, 2019
Why do you 2 above me want to fight, Abeg don't ooo we don't have power to separate

3 Likes

Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by fasusi2019: 9:21am On Feb 08, 2019
informative
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by teniboss(m): 9:34am On Feb 08, 2019
Plss can we clarify the timing? e.g. Dhur starts from when and terminates where, then Asr from when to when? Jazakallahu khair @op
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Clapbackdon: 9:51am On Feb 08, 2019
This forum is a joke

9 Likes

Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by papiwyte(m): 9:55am On Feb 08, 2019
Jummah Mubarak
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:29am On Feb 08, 2019
Clapbackdon:
This forum is a joke

Why not simply go to where there's no joke? Why can't you guys just mind yourselves!

1 Like

Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 08, 2019
teniboss:
Plss can we clarify the timing? e.g. Dhur starts from when and terminates where, then Asr from when to when? Jazakallahu khair @op

It depends on the weather & weather varies between different locations in the world
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by ollah2: 10:34am On Feb 08, 2019
Clapbackdon:
This forum is a joke

Ensure you write this on Sunday on christian threads but i know you won't because hypocrisy, bigotry and hate brought you here

2 Likes

Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by GenSpecifics: 10:34am On Feb 08, 2019
Rubbish. If you are not using Arabian time settings then you have completely failed.

1 Like

Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by fatymore(f): 10:58am On Feb 08, 2019
ollah2:

Ensure you write this on Sunday on christian threads but i know you won't because hypocrisy, bigotry and hate brought you here
hello
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by olayinka63: 11:01am On Feb 08, 2019
Abuheekmat:

laughing..

and using spoon to eat is allowed in your manhaj..

give us dalil o jare..

eri lo ran wa.. not ejo wewe

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy eri lo ran wa made me laugh. Synonymous with Jabata. Sorry oo my brother
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Ashoore: 11:22am On Feb 08, 2019
Why do we always antagonist, instead to learn among each other. Please we don't need to be ashamed or fool each other, let's educate our self. Jumaah Mubarak.

2 Likes

Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Shafiiimran99: 11:41am On Feb 08, 2019
teniboss:
Dhur starts when sun has passed zenith.

You know when sun comes out, the shadow or shade of any object fall toward west.

When sun reaches zenith, shadow will disappear.

But immediately sun passes zenith ( ie sun is at/in west zone ) shadow reappear again toward East hence, that's Dhur time.

When the shadow of any object equal to its length then Dhur's time has ended and at the same time Asir starts immediately.
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 08, 2019
As-Salam alaikun. What of the travellers?
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by ollah2: 11:57am On Feb 08, 2019
fatymore:
hello

hi
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by anambraamaka: 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2019
Amen
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Clapbackdon: 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2019
[s]
ollah2:

[/s]

You assumed I am a Christian?

Are you daft?

1 Like

Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Clapbackdon: 1:22pm On Feb 08, 2019
[s]
Rashduct4luv:

Why not simply go to where there's no joke? Why can't you guys just mind yourselves!
[/s]

So let's say I walk along the street and see a pile of dung and I say "wow what a dirty neighborhood" you response would be why not stay away from this neighborhood since it's so dirty?

Does that sound sensible to you? Nairaland is a joke simple as that

1 Like

Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:06pm On Feb 08, 2019
Clapbackdon:
[s][/s]

So let's say I walk along the street and see a pile of dung and I say "wow what a dirty neighborhood" you response would be why not stay away from this neighborhood since it's so dirty?

Does that sound sensible to you? Nairaland is a joke simple as that

Then walk away! No one will even feel your exit or existence!
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Clapbackdon: 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2019
[s]
Rashduct4luv:

Then walk away! No one will even feel your exit or existence!
[/s]

But you have been virtually begging for my attention. Are you daft?
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:02pm On Feb 08, 2019
Clapbackdon:
[s][/s]

But you have been virtually begging for my attention. Are you daft?

Must you comment in any given thread?
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by fatymore(f): 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2019
ollah2:

hi
we have an unfinished business but I don't remember it.

I sell bed sheets in case you have one or kindly refer me... thanks
Re: Caution!!! Do Not Pray Before Its Time! by ollah2: 2:53pm On Feb 10, 2019
fatymore:
we have an unfinished business but I don't remember it.

I sell bed sheets in case you have one or kindly refer me...
thanks

It's the sallah meat you refused to gimme. Btw, where are you based and what is the price range?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Haruna Akinola Dies At 80 (Chief Imam Of Lagos) / 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau / What Are The Defects That Must Be Disclosed To A Potential Marriage Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.