Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 (2589 Views)

Poll: Who did you see spoke with purpose and the drive to move Nigeria football forward?

Oyuki Obaseki: 31% (7 votes)
Sanni Toro: 0% (0 votes)
Bukola Olopade: 4% (1 vote)
Tijani Yusuf: 0% (0 votes)
Segun Odegbami: 54% (12 votes)
Lumumber Adeh: 0% (0 votes)
Aminu Meigari: 0% (0 votes)
Shehu Dikko: 4% (1 vote)
Fan Ndubuoke: 4% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Nelson Mandela Challenge: South Africa Vs Nigeria On 14/08 At 7:15pm. / Lagerback's list of 44 released by the NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 10:33am On Aug 14, 2010
the nff presidential debate is live on ait now, if you love nigerian football, please tune in to ait right now!!!
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by Bawses(m): 10:39am On Aug 14, 2010
Thanx for the info Hon.
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 10:39am On Aug 14, 2010
It's going on now and i think Bukola Olopade sounds promising to me, followed by Obaseki and Sanni toro
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by Bawses(m): 10:46am On Aug 14, 2010
Thought we had nine of them, the poll has just five.
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 10:47am On Aug 14, 2010
I am still updating the poll
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 10:50am On Aug 14, 2010
It's complete now.
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 11:11am On Aug 14, 2010
Hehehehe, see cross-fire hehehehe grin grin grin
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by Bawses(m): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2010
For a start i commend the effort of the organisers of the debate.
Listening to them, i think they all have something different to offer.
Its a debate, so i give it to Olapade following his eloquence and the drive
he potrayed. Following closely is Lumumba Adeh.
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by Olaolufred(m): 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2010
Not watching this cos of my distance.

However, will grammar deliver?

My take is ACTION in a developmental way.

My vote still goes to our ex- internationals on the list.
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2010
Bawses:

For a start i commend the effort of the organisers of the debate.
Listening to them, i think they all have something different to offer.
Its a debate, so i give it to Olapade following his eloquence and the drive
he potrayed. Following closely is Lumumba Adeh.

I go for Obaseki, for the sole fact that he knows how to bring in private sponsors and he's also not biased with the way he ran the NPL, that man is likely to do alot for our football if allowed to.

He also has plans for for coaches and also the women league.
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by yousouph(m): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2010
These candidates are like our politicians. Good agenda and eloquent speeches but no fulfillment of promises.
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by semid4lyfe(m): 5:36pm On Aug 15, 2010
honeric01:

I go for Obaseki, for the sole fact that he knows how to bring in private sponsors and he's also not biased with the way he ran the NPL, that man is likely to do alot for our football if allowed to.

He also has plans for for coaches and also the women league.
True but Obaseki is a one-man show (according to board members of the NPL) and is also from Edo State as I recall grin
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by DisGuy: 5:43pm On Aug 15, 2010
so what happened to all the hype about ex-internationals, them no represent?
After when they loose election they will say they were cheated lipsrsealed
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2010
Dis Guy:

so what happened to all the hype about ex-internationals, them no represent?
After when they loose election they will say they were cheated   lipsrsealed

I think only Odegbami is running for the presidency, the rest wants to be board members.

semid4lyfe:

True but Obaseki is a one-man show (according to board members of the NPL) and is also from Edo State as I recall  grin

It's not about him being from Edo state, it's about what he's likely to bring to the table, yea yea yea he's very egoistic, but so is Siasia, Mourinho and other well known performers. i see him working well with the rest board members because this post is different from the NPL where he had no one to work with except himself, he used his personal monies often times just to drive his course.
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by DisGuy: 7:58pm On Aug 15, 2010
but i thought that ogun state guy is labelled a Thug one of those 'youth leaders' that break bottle on referees head cheesy
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by marcus1234: 7:58pm On Aug 15, 2010
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2010
Dis Guy:

but i thought that ogun state guy is labelled a Thug one of those 'youth leaders' that break bottle on referees head cheesy

Yea yea, that guy is surely very thuggish, but then he sounded so intelligent yesterday even when he was talking about "nff needing some form of madness to get the act together hehehehe""
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by DisGuy: 1:26am On Aug 16, 2010
So i guess he is seeking a place on the board ?

1 member for each state?

honeric01:

I think only Odegbami is running for the presidency, the rest wants to be board members.

It's not about him being from Edo state, it's about what he's likely to bring to the table, yea yea yea he's very egoistic, but so is Siasia, Mourinho and other well known performers. i see him working well with the rest board members because this post is different from the NPL where he had no one to work with except himself, he used his personal monies often times just to drive his course.

what about Aminu and Obaseki? they are seeking membership of the board too?
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by medjai(m): 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2010
^^^Aminu and Obaseki are running for NFF presidency.
I missed it. I thought it was gonna be at night. Hope Chief Obaseki and Olopade gave good account of themselves?
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2010
Dis Guy:

So i guess he is seeking a place on the board ?

1 member for each state?

what about Aminu and Obaseki? they are seeking membership of the board too?

Nope, Odegbami is running for the presidency position just like the rest names you included, it's not one member from each state, it was thrown opened to all and 2 people actually represented Ogun state. (Odegbami and Olopade)
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2010
medjai:

^^^Aminu and Obaseki are running for NFF presidency.
I missed it. I thought it was gonna be at night. Hope Chief Obaseki and Olopade gave good account of themselves?

Both of them did well and they were the most interesting of the whole lot, but i still go for Obaseki.
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by DisGuy: 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2010
With all these debated hope they deliver when they get there sha

Who do you think has more support Obaseki Vs Odegbami?

Obaseki will count on his experience as NPL cheif and Odegbami. . . . ??
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 12:55am On Aug 17, 2010
Dis Guy:

With all these debated hope they deliver when they get there sha

Who do you think has more support Obaseki Vs Odegbami?

Obaseki will count on his experience as NPL cheif and Odegbami. . . . ??

Obaseki vs Odegbami? you must be joking, Odegbami can't even stand the list qualified on the list grin
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by Smi1(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2010
Odegbami for NFF president grin
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by concrete: 1:29am On Aug 18, 2010
Obaseki for NFF president grin
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 3:16am On Aug 18, 2010
NFF asked to postpone elections

Nigeria's National Sports Commission (NSC) have asked the Nigeria Football Federation to postpone elections into the executive committee scheduled for later this month.

An Ilorin ruled last week that the elections be postponed pending the determination of a suit brought before it by Taofik Babatunde challenging the timing.

Although the court ruled that it lacked jurisdiction to hear the case and transferred it to an Abuja High Court, it ordered the postponement to allow the case to be heard by a competent court.

Key stakeholders have called for the NFF elections to be postponed to allow the state FA elections to hold first.
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by rasputinn(m): 8:51am On Aug 18, 2010
And Maigari goofed
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by rasputinn(m): 8:55am On Aug 18, 2010
Go for track record of performance,go for Oyiuki Obaseki
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by deb(m): 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2010
honeric01:

Obaseki vs Odegbami? you must be joking, Odegbami can't even stand the list qualified on the list grin

Nigerians don't like people who say the truth. Odegbami has been a victim of that for years.
Why don't we like to have our ex-internationals to serve Nigeria in the administrative level?
Yes Obaseki is good because of what he did with NPL but why can't we allow a younger person who is has vision
like Odegbami to run our football. Must we always recycle?
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2010
deb:

Nigerians don't like people who say the truth. Odegbami has been a victim of that for years.
Why don't we like to have our ex-internationals to serve Nigeria in the administrative level?
Yes Obaseki is good because of what he did with NPL but why can't we allow a younger person who is has vision

How old is Odegbami and how old is Obaseki? Obaseki is 66 and how old do you think Odegbami is?

What ideas do you think Odegbami has that Obaseki does not have?

Odegbami was once S3C chairman for many years, what did he achieve with them? not that he's that bad but on scale with Obaseki, the latter is mile off better than the former.
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by DisGuy: 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2010
deb:

pure sentiments

being an ex player is not enough qualification to manage the affair of a football organisation, though it helps; he needs to come harder than that, the only thing he seems to be selling at the moment is his 'ex-player' badge

Obaseki spent 11.5 million on I.T when is was boss at NPL yet we don't have functioning website or communication outlet with the 'fans' and sponsors in fact we get news from foreign websites about NPL
Re: The Nff Presidential Debate Live On Ait Today 14/08/2010 by honeric01(m): 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2010
Dis Guy:

pure sentiments

being an ex player is not enough qualification to manage the affair of a football organisation, though it helps; he needs to come harder than that, the only thing he seems to be selling at the moment is his 'ex-player' badge

Obaseki spent 11.5 million on I.T when is was boss at NPL yet we don't have functioning website or communication outlet with the 'fans' and sponsors in fact we get news from foreign websites about NPL

Thank you but we actually have an NPL website, npl.ng.com i think or ng.npl.com, can't really remember, the problem with that site is that it's not being updated on time and that sucks big time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OMG! PSG Star Edinson Cavani Tackles Neymar, Stops Him From Scoring (Photos) / Cr7 & Messi According To Records - The Best Of All Time / Ronaldo Delima And Cristiano Ronaldo: Who Was Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.