Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Better Mpg During The Harmattan Season... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Better Mpg During The Harmattan Season... (1252 Views)

What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? / 9 Essential Tips For Drivers This Harmattan Season / Driving Tips For Drivers On How To Drive During Harmattan Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Better Mpg During The Harmattan Season... by Piyke: 12:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
So this has been my experience I think for the past 2 - 3 years. Don't really understand why, but the evidence doesn't lie. BTW I always use the AC except on cold mornings.

Prior to the dry season LTFT is almost close to -10%, its always above - 5%. Also, from fill up to half tank I get about 170miles. NB: I round up to the nearest hundred once the dispenser clicks. In contrast, for the dry season I consistently get =or+190miles (306km) by half tank. Also as you will see in the pic attached my LTFT this morning was - 3.9%

I get petrol from the same filling station all year round. And true, I may use less AC in the cold mornings of the dry season, but I would expect the LTFT to be similar.

Does anyone else experience this improved fuel economy? Car is an 03 Accord LX.

Re: Better Mpg During The Harmattan Season... by captainking(m): 12:38am On Jan 20, 2019
Piyke:
So this has been my experience I think for the past 2 - 3 years. Don't really understand why, but the evidence doesn't lie. BTW I always use the AC except on cold mornings.

Prior to the dry season LTFT is almost close to -10%, its always above - 5%. Also, from fill up to half tank I get about 170miles. NB: I round up to the nearest hundred once the dispenser clicks. In contrast, for the dry season I consistently get =or+190miles (306km) by half tank. Also as you will see in the pic attached my LTFT this morning was - 3.9%

I get petrol from the same filling station all year round. And true, I may use less AC in the cold mornings of the dry season, but I would expect the LTFT to be similar.

which scan app is this pls. I used to have it. Kindly remind me it's name
Re: Better Mpg During The Harmattan Season... by Piyke: 9:41am On Jan 20, 2019
captainking:
which scan app is this pls. I used to have it. Kindly remind me it's name

Piston. Any contribution on topic? cheesy
Re: Better Mpg During The Harmattan Season... by captainking(m): 2:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
Piyke:

Piston. Any contribution on topic? cheesy
nice.. I remember it now... I can't really speak much on that.. Just that I noticed my honda accord 05 transformed from negative of about -15 STFT and LTFT to positive of about 0.00 to 0.1 and above.. I gave my brother my car.. And he took it to a mecho who serviced it.. And I guess the mechanic must have cleaned some areas that made reversed the trims.... My experience...
Re: Better Mpg During The Harmattan Season... by adanny01(m): 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
Piyke:

Would love to see you live data at idle. Especially ignition timing advance, engine load and others.
Re: Better Mpg During The Harmattan Season... by Piyke: 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2019
captainking:
nice.. I remember it now... I can't really speak much on that.. Just that I noticed my honda accord 05 transformed from negative of about -15 STFT and LTFT to positive of about 0.00 to 0.1 and above.. I gave my brother my car.. And he took it to a mecho who serviced it.. And I guess the mechanic must have cleaned some areas that made reversed the trims.... My experience...

Good for you!

1 Like

Re: Better Mpg During The Harmattan Season... by captainking(m): 6:21pm On Jan 20, 2019
Piyke:

Good for you!
thanks..that means my fuel consumption will be normal I guess..
Re: Better Mpg During The Harmattan Season... by 9icetoo(m): 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2019
I guess the reason is higher average speeds. During the rainy season, there are more gridlock and people generally drive slower cos of bad and uneven roads. And roads are worse during the rainy season.
That's a guess sha. The only other reason I can think of is lower relative humidity during the dry season. I wonder how that affects what goes on in the engine.
Re: Better Mpg During The Harmattan Season... by Piyke: 9:05pm On Jan 21, 2019
9icetoo:
I guess the reason is higher average speeds. During the rainy season, there are more gridlock and people generally drive slower cos of bad and uneven roads. And roads are worse during the rainy season.
That's a guess sha. The only other reason I can think of is lower relative humidity during the dry season. I wonder how that affects what goes on in the engine.

Funny thing is I thought of this today as I got to 200miles at 1/2 tank. Higher humidity may make the AC work harder...

(1) (Reply)

Where Can One Find 1234yf Refrigerant In Nigeria / Toyota Corola 2009 Howngood Is It / Who Are The Genuine NL Car Dealers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.