Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria (56929 Views)

COOU Is Ahead Of Other State Owned Universities In Nigeria, Vice Chancellor / Two New Lagos State-Owned Universities Receive NUC Recognition / The Archaic Tradition State Owned Universities Have Refused to Leave Behind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by lastmessenger: 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2019
While islam is busy giving us bokoharam and herdmen and buhari. Very devilish people

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Malocity(m): 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
And they are not on strike like the Public Universities.
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Topmaike007(m): 7:56pm On Jan 19, 2019
theoldpretender:

No, the guy you quoted has asked a valid question....

I know one guy who is where he is today because a missionary gave him free admission to the school he was running. If not for that missionary that guy would have ended up doing menial jobs for a living.

The truth is, university cannot be cheap.(That is the truth ASUU and FG are dodging from...and why we have strikes up and down...)

But I think we Christians can lend a hand. Run scholarships, help the poorest of the poor, sponsor a student, fundraising, maybe a joint scholarship fund funded by CAN which can be funded by voluntary contribiutons...and also by making it an investment fund...which would in theend at least cushion the effect.
you're right,all this ASUU and Asup strike all are base on money issue
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
okk4sure:

Which 1 b Hezekiah?

All ds Christians self!

When will you Muslim start learning how to deal with an atheist without dragging Christianity into your issue. gosh.

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by MightySparrow: 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2019
chiefolododo:
How about mosque? Book is haram
Boko Haram University of Sambisa Forest, Borno state, I think there are other one or two like that in other parts of Nigeria for the only true religion propagating darkness.

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:13pm On Jan 19, 2019
Mrbolt565:
go to the Muslim owned universities and you'll see one thing, there's freedom and they're not hypocrites. They allow you to do what you like although they're still rules but there's freedom. Enter Christian uni, you'll see the opposite, putting people under pressure, telling them u can't do this and that! All for what! How do you expect people to be exposed and experienced if they can't get their freedom to do what they want! At the end of the day you'll see that these people that implemented this rules are useless foolish hypocrites. The so called pastors are the ones sleeping with the female students, doing Ritual and other rubbish. Christains are bastards! And you'll all rot for eternity!

For real?

have you been to Muslim university before?

you and your family are disgrace to this generation. hopeless fool

2 Likes

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by joyousever(f): 8:21pm On Jan 19, 2019
My question here is,why is a senator who owns a whole university not able to boast of common/basic SSCE result? What a country!
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by mayorall(m): 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2019
ejibaba:
Living Faith 2 more universities? Haba!!!

It's my dominion....

2 Likes

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by ollah2: 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2019
Olabenjamen22:

When will you Muslim start learning how to deal with an atheist without dragging Christianity into your issue. gosh.

So an atheist picked only a Muslim university to attack right? You patronise your hatred and bigotry against muslims and their faith consistently and you must think everybody is as braindead as you

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by LisTim(m): 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2019
ejibaba:
Living Faith 2 more universities? Haba!!!
more than 2,check nar

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:35pm On Jan 19, 2019
ollah2:

So an atheist picked only a Muslim university to attack right? You patronise your hatred and bigotry against muslims and their faith consistently and you must think everybody is as braindead as you

Lol. your foolishness can't stop to amaze me.

just a question.

is the guy in question an atheist or a Christian?

well have know you for been stupid so you displaying your stupidity again won't move me. lol
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by ollah2: 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
Olabenjamen22:

Lol. your foolishness can't stop to amaze me.

just a question.

is the guy in question an atheist or a Christian?

well have know you for been stupid so you displaying your stupidity again won't move me. lol

You need to check out your top notch foolishness first. Secondly, atheists hits theists regardless of the god you serve but this particular person did hit only the Muslim guy and yet you tag him an atheists. Your bigotry and hatred towards Muslims knows no bound

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by ifyboy60(m): 8:58pm On Jan 19, 2019
Hotfreezer:
Special shout out to those whose parents contributed to building these universities.

Hope your parents can afford to send you there?

You know the funny thing, the children of the founders of these universities won't attend them.

Tomorrow is Sunday. Carry your first fruit bribe to the church o, the god you people worship needs money but I can assure you it's not the true God.

university education isn't meant to be free for all,
why is it hard for you guys to understand, they have to pay lecturers, workers, maintain faculties and structures and still pay tax.

where do u want them to get this money from?

the govt universities that are cheap, how good are they.
go to other countries and see how much university education cost. even many Americans can't afford college fees that's y they opt for trade schools(skill acquisition)
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Olabenjamen22(m): 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2019
ollah2:

You need to check out your top notch foolishness first. Secondly, atheists hits theists regardless of the god you serve but this particular person did hit only the Muslim guy and yet you tag him an atheists. Your bigotry and hatred towards Muslims knows no bound

Lol... still don't answer my question.

while I expect nothing less from a fool like you.

you can continue displaying your foolishness, less I care.
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Godsfavour78: 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
ollah2:

Exactly what birthed the meaninglessness when you scream christ to everybody's ears yet nigerians are the worst. Nigerians are the people who steal pants and eat shits. Gerraaere mehn
96% of Nigerians even Christians and pastors don't know Christ.
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Godson201333(m): 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2019
This is becoming interesting,We have thousands of universities but we cannot even discover simple solution to Ebola not to talk of becoming a producing nation. Sad!
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Ayobami7(m): 9:08pm On Jan 19, 2019
好的
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by kmaster007: 9:35pm On Jan 19, 2019
kolaxed98:

Total number of Muslim Universities in Nigeria not more than five.
Abeokuta has one Osogbo has one Ilorin has one Offa has one Iwo has one
and so what...

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by kenoz(m): 9:54pm On Jan 19, 2019
Adeleke University ?

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Lifestone(m): 10:25pm On Jan 19, 2019
Mrbolt565:
Christians are such foolish people! You people are the cause of all the problems of this nation. U people are the most stupid hypocrites the world as ever seen! Preaching to people to not do this or that but its you fools that do worse. That's why we don't want any igbo president in this shit hole! Don't worry, at the end of the day we'll see where you fools would end up! Monkeys!
Incidentally, you haven't answer my questions or maybe you are short in comprehension.

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Lifestone(m): 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
joyousever:
My question here is,why is a senator who owns a whole university not able to boast of common/basic SSCE result? What a country!
Haaa.
The University is owned by Davido's father and not the Senator

1 Like

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by joyousever(f): 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2019
Oh..k but what was written there was 'Senator Adeleke'
Lifestone:

Haaa.
The University is owned by Davido's father and not the Senator
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by samwobi(m): 10:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
HigherEd:
Globally, churches own an estimated 5000 - 6000 universities/colleges globally with enrollment exceeding two million students.
What Of Karl Kum University In Jos By Church Of Christ In Nations (COCIN)?
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Lifestone(m): 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2019
joyousever:
Oh..k but what was written there was 'Senator Adeleke'
Them be ignorant mofo
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Shikini: 11:09pm On Jan 19, 2019
Uselessman:
1 trillion naira is chicken chance to Oyedepo. Our school fees is not been used for any thing. Everything built, bought even paying of salary is done by the church. So Oyedepo can make covenant university absolutely free for the next 100years

This is childish thinking
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by Erebeshe: 12:13am On Jan 20, 2019
okk4sure:

Which 1 b Hezekiah?

All ds Christians self!

In this age and time you are engrossed in religious bigotry.
what's in a name really... don't expose your ignorance, kindly check up the meaning of the name if that's where you want to score some cheap point

I'm a proud Christian and I love Muslims as well, so I wouldn't dare to stoop so low to reduce this to any religious contest
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by jimcaddy(m): 1:07am On Jan 20, 2019
University business is now a big business in Nigeria, and another way for churches to rake in mad money. I feel this is further dividing Christianity and religion.. Each University has it's own church doctrines in place. Once you flout any of them, they expel you...
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 2:10am On Jan 20, 2019
HigherEd:

The relevance of a university is not in how many poor people's kids it educated. If it were, Ahmadu Bello Uni would be relevant than Stanford. The relevance is in solving the many problems facing humanity. You may not be able to attend John Hopkins University but in many ways John Hopkins has benefited you and many other poor people across the globe. They do this when they create vaccines, innovate new ways to do surgery etc.

Have you ever wondered why scholarships are giving to indigent brilliant kids in many ivy leagues and not poor dull kids. It is not because they pity them but that those poor brilliant kids should come and improve the mandate of the universities by contributing to research.

As it is here in Nigeria, the public universities have more problems than the society it is supposed to help because govt and the people live under the illusion of free higher education. We have sacrificed the relevance and functionality of universities in the name of access. If the church unis focus on giving access they would also face the problem the public universities are challenged with in greater proportion and would never have the opportunity to make a mark like their counterparts outside the shores of naija.

Don't ask a university if it is free, ask if it is relevant. Expensive is a price we should be willing to pay to have functional universities.

I have a brilliant idea about this cheap/free education thing, govt should order a made in China university that will be cheap and affordable. It can be built with wood or plastics to make it cheaper. lectures will be on whatsapp group and only exam/registration/certificate award need be physical.
That should cater for the people who appear proud of their poverty. Govt can even insure their poverty for the duration of their stay in the poverty university such that, if any one in that school is found eating rice with meat he/she should be expelled. Only rice without or okpokroko fish is allowed.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 2:11am On Jan 20, 2019
jimcaddy:
University business is now a big business in Nigeria, and another way for churches to rake in mad money. I feel this is further dividing Christianity and religion.. Each University has it's own church doctrines in place. Once you flout any of them, they expel you...
Mad money you say. Why hasn't bill gates and Dangote started school business?
The way you guys think enh....
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 2:12am On Jan 20, 2019
samwobi:
What Of Karl Kum University In Jos By Church Of Christ In Nations (COCIN)?
Please post pictures off the school including laboratories and lecture halls.
Re: List Of Church Owned Universities In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 2:19am On Jan 20, 2019
Zhegx:
You have an extraordinary mind.
Is that water or alcohol ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Emmanuel Edeh Celebrates His 70th Birthday (Photos) / "The Truth About IG Yusuf's Sex Scandal With Grace, 400l IBB University Student" / Physics ABU Zaria Bad Result (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.