Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? (25772 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With / Can You Trust A Wife Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by alhassanyusuf29(m): 11:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
just imagine in any slightest disagreement, she tells u to pack ur luggage and leave at 2am

5 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Divay22(f): 11:48pm On Jan 19, 2019
Nah.
Just tell him when deal is already done.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by prosnadis(m): 11:48pm On Jan 19, 2019
U sabi something...God bless u...some here commenting never marry..until they do we wil know how far.
ibizgirl:
This issue has broken a lot of homes. The basic thing in any marriage is know your spouse. That Mrs A tried it and it worked does not mean Mrs B will try it and it will work.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by pocohantas(f): 11:54pm On Jan 19, 2019
I wonder why all these topics of what women should do or not do. Like women are not humans capable of making decisions.

There will be properties in our names.
There will be lots of properties in my sole name. Any man that thinks I will buy every thing in our names is highly delusional.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Judolisco(m): 11:54pm On Jan 19, 2019
Notyn is wrong wit it jst tell ur husband first
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Daeylar(f): 11:59pm On Jan 19, 2019
obembet:
Is there anything wrong with a wife buying a property in her name?

To me, I think many of we ladies and married women misbehaves whenever we are privilege to have some properties. So I think it's better to let our husband aware of any steps we want to take.. Some men will even approved and support it.

Guys let's hear your opinion, let others learn from your views.

If you want to put a chain on your neck and wear it proudly, then wear it in peace and don't disturb the rest of us.

Which one is we ladies misbehave? undecided undecided you and who? undecided
koyyes:
Is a woman not a human being to own possessions?

If she can go to school, get a job, own a business, why not own a property?

1800 question in 2019.
Op sef undecided

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by proflomo(m): 12:00am On Jan 20, 2019
What this guy did severally and what eventually happened to him will more than surprise everybody.
See it here: http://dapalan.com/MGlg
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by libertyfather(m): 12:02am On Jan 20, 2019
I dnt care in as well as she's able to do something, wish ur in my shoes you will understand what i mean.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 20, 2019
ainas247:
wink Not wrong ooo as long as the name carry the husband name too..

Rank your business on Google and get more clients check my profile to see new results
That will only happen if his property carries her name too

9 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by libertyfather(m): 12:03am On Jan 20, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
just imagine in any slightest disagreement, she tells u to pack ur luggage and leave at 2am

That i want
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by kense88: 12:04am On Jan 20, 2019
There is nothing wrong with it. Provided is her money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Rick9(m): 12:05am On Jan 20, 2019
If she worked for it, then no,

Na ur name she for use buy am

4 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by deph: 12:08am On Jan 20, 2019
keepingmum:
Women please buy as many properties as you canin your SOLE name. , buy in your full names please. MRS titi Abubakar not Mr and Mrs Abubakar.....they may be a second Mrs Abubakar in the future, like Jennifer is also Mrs Abubakar.

Whether the man you are married to supports, agrees or is even aware is irrelevant. Buy it ohhhhh.
I have been married for almost 15years to a truly wonderful man who is also VERY imperfect in many ways!!!

Dont buy in your brothers name cos you areonly enriching your brother and his own immediate family.

I have seen and will see more to validate my views. I have assets in my name alone and infact, only tell hubby after purchasing. But i also have a will that indicates all my estate to my children.

Dont listen to any inlaw, pastor or Imam that says otherwise rather speak with wives who have atleast a decade of marriage lessons in them.

If you are married to an egoistic dream killer that believes you acquiring properties will make his blokos shrink, please buy without his knowledge, take your documents and keep in the bank for storage!! Keep buying and preserving the docs in the banks vault.
Dont allow him pressure you to add his name to your property, if he so desperately wants a propertt he should buy
Biko who forced u to marry him. Y cnt u tell him even he is nt telling u... He is husband not a competitor eh.... B wonder divorce rate has increased more these days.. Nawaoh

6 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by SuperWorld(m): 12:09am On Jan 20, 2019
Ask Emmanuel Eboue

4 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by czarr(m): 12:10am On Jan 20, 2019
Nothing wrong...just stay humble

See signature.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 20, 2019
ct2:

the first thing I told my wife when we got married was that I don't like surprise

if you buy a house to surprise me ,be ready to live inside alone

but if you inform me no problem

am in different, as long as she uses my name as her surname

the Bible said and the 2 shall become 1

You are nothing but a greedy thief, I pity your wife. She don enter one chance.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 20, 2019
pocohantas:
I wonder why all these topics of what women should do or not do. Like women are not humans capable of making decisions.

There will be lots of properties in my sole name. Any man that thinks I will buy every thing in our names is highly delusional.

True talk.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by martowskin1(m): 12:13am On Jan 20, 2019
Annwrites:
If a husband can buy a property in his name so can a wife.

She doesn't even need his consent or support except she feels like it

A woman will misbehave because she has the tendency to not because of some properties she acquired.

If a husband would not let his wife know of any step he wishes to take he doesn't even deserve to know about his wife business.

U need to calm down, about the bolded part.... Is a wrong move, imagine the husband doing things without carrying the wife along...

Marriage is an important institution that no matter how civilised we claim to have become, the man and the woman knows their place
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by bugggg: 12:14am On Jan 20, 2019
Na their type dey wan turn husband 2 wife 4 house
deph:

Biko who forced u to marry him. Y cnt u tell him even he is nt telling u... He is husband not a competitor eh.... B wonder divorce rate has increased more these days.. Nawaoh
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by PearlStreet(m): 12:15am On Jan 20, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:

That woman has the fear of God.

For some, you'll go urinate in the toilet after fighting her only to come back and meet your load outside.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by martowskin1(m): 12:18am On Jan 20, 2019
pocohantas:

Hope u know this marriage thing is over rated, is not by force to marry, u can just focused on your life and achieve your dreams.... A man doesn't need to be part of it

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by chloride6: 12:18am On Jan 20, 2019
If you fine out your wife built a house without your knowledge don't her know. Just organise for the house to be burnt to the ground...

Even if she has Insurance, she will lose some money. When she builds again, burn in again. Don't allow her know just smile at home.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 20, 2019
obembet:

To me, I think many of we ladies and married women misbehaves whenever we are privilege to have some properties. So I think it's better to let our husband aware of any steps we want to take.. Some men will even approved and support it.

Wow!!!! Just wow! So ordinary property can make a person misbehave? I wonder why some men don't misbehave even with all the properties they acquire.

I have got properties and it doesn't change my person. I would buy in my name SOLELY, He would buy in his name and WE would buy in our name (clearly named)!

8 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Chivasex: 12:24am On Jan 20, 2019
keepingmum:
Women please buy as many properties as you canin your SOLE name. , buy in your full names please. MRS titi Abubakar not Mr and Mrs Abubakar.....they may be a second Mrs Abubakar in the future, like Jennifer is also Mrs Abubakar.

Whether the man you are married to supports, agrees or is even aware is irrelevant. Buy it ohhhhh.
I have been married for almost 15years to a truly wonderful man who is also VERY imperfect in many ways!!!

Dont buy in your brothers name cos you areonly enriching your brother and his own immediate family.

I have seen and will see more to validate my views. I have assets in my name alone and infact, only tell hubby after purchasing. But i also have a will that indicates all my estate to my children.

Dont listen to any inlaw, pastor or Imam that says otherwise rather speak with wives who have atleast a decade of marriage lessons in them.

If you are married to an egoistic dream killer that believes you acquiring properties will make his blokos shrink, please buy without his knowledge, take your documents and keep in the bank for storage!! Keep buying and preserving the docs in the banks vault.
Dont allow him pressure you to add his name to your property, if he so desperately wants a propertt he should buy
You're the most irresponsible women I've ever known. Your like will want your husband to add your name on his properties but you are advocating buying only in your name and hiding documents. Tufiakwa

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by aku626(m): 12:24am On Jan 20, 2019
If they both have an existing property. Yes! Otherwise still discuss with your partner
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by aku626(m): 12:26am On Jan 20, 2019
Such level of insecurity.
keepingmum:

5 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by ainas247: 12:27am On Jan 20, 2019
gloria34:
That will only happen if his property carries her name too

When a lady married she's automatically have the husband name.. it would be soo wrong for a wife to buy property and excludes her husband name (name)

You and I know there's no way her name will be amongs the husband name nah..

But as a sensible good husband definitely using "I want to buy" should change to "we wants to buy".

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by martowskin1(m): 12:32am On Jan 20, 2019
Now I know why we have many landladies than landlord

They will kill u b4 ur time ......

Men open ur eyes ....

70% to ur children

20% to your siblings

10% to your wife

Na so o, in case u go and didn't return ..... No body go loose, the woman u call wife go marry again, use ur mony feed another man ......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 20, 2019
obembet:

There is a saying that "A woman is tested when her husband has nothing and A Man is tested when he has or think he has EVERYTHING".

A wife buying a property in her name isn't a bad thing, if she "works" for her money, she is entitled to enjoy or have the leisure to enjoy the fruit of her labour.

If a woman doesn't misbehave when her husband has nothing, she would "probably" not misbehave when fortune is at their doorstep.

A woman buying a property in her name wouldn't make "her" misbehave to her husband if "the husband" respect himself and also "honour" his wife.

There are several families today in Nigeria that the wife is the breadwinner of the family and there was no quarrel.

What is important is know yourself and have understanding of your spouse.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Oweku: 12:44am On Jan 20, 2019
Well to me it depends.. If she put her name and my surname eg Amaka James and James is my surname, no problem, but if she puts her father's surname then she will tell me if she is married to me or her parents shikena..

I respect that part of the bible that said that a man shall leave his mother and father and clieve to his wife and they shall become 1..so if she does that it means she and myself are not 1..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum / With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? / 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.