Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? (25825 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With / Can You Trust A Wife Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by addictiv(m): 12:51am On Jan 20, 2019
personally I careless whose name she wants to use in purchasing the property. Even if she wants to use her mother's fathers names... But where I frown is where a married woman will purchase and develop a property without the husband having any knowledge of such. Its totally wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by elmodee7(m): 12:53am On Jan 20, 2019
No
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by 22brains(m): 12:58am On Jan 20, 2019
obembet:
Is there anything wrong with a wife buying a property in her name?

To me, I think many of we ladies and married women misbehaves whenever we are privilege to have some properties. So I think it's better to let our husband aware of any steps we want to take.. Some men will even approved and support it.

Guys let's hear your opinion, let others learn from your views.

just as it is a taboo for a lady to pay her own bride price, so also it is to buy property in her name. many husbands have been poisoned for this and the wives end up inheriting his properties thereby marrying another.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by 22brains(m): 1:00am On Jan 20, 2019
addictiv:
personally I careless whose name she wants to use in purchasing the property. Even if she wants to use her mother's fathers names... But where I frown is where a married woman will purchase and develop a property without the husband having any knowledge of such. Its totally wrong.
just as it is a taboo for a lady to pay her own bride price, so also it is to buy property in her name. many husbands have been poisoned for this and the wives end up inheriting his properties thereby marrying another.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Gbagbuo247: 1:07am On Jan 20, 2019
obembet:

To me, I think many of we ladies and married women misbehaves whenever we are privilege to have some properties. So I think it's better to let our husband aware of any steps we want to take.. Some men will even approved and support it.

Once she is the one that paid her bride price, No.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 20, 2019
As long as the house is our house, then it is okay, but if she makes it her personal property, then it is even better at least she can have the freedom to divorce sooner due to pride, and I will have an opportunity to marry these bi-sexual teenagers that are ready to mingle.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 20, 2019
obembet:

Well, If she is using my own money, SHE HAS TO INFORM ME FIRST.

But if it's her own money, she can buy whatever she wants, whenever she wants. infact she can own as much properties as dangote as long she does not cheat on our marriage.

In the end she is just planning for herself & "OUR KIDS" . So no biggy, But it will be nice of her to inform before I here it from somewhere else or that will be just sad really grin, cause it would mean she no trust me enough to tell me

9 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 20, 2019
pocohantas:
I wonder why all these topics of what women should do or not do. Like women are not humans capable of making decisions.

There will be properties in our names.
There will be lots of properties in my sole name. Any man that thinks I will buy every thing in our names is highly delusional.

You will not make a good wife, You seem like the kind that really rub it in especially if you are richer than ur hubby

7 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by eyinjuege: 1:46am On Jan 20, 2019
Definitely your spouse should know you've bought a property.
There's nothing wrong in buying it for yourself. Any spouse thats not happy about that is sent from the devil dear, and only after your downfall.
Ideally, in most civilised societies, any property you buy is automatically equally your spouse's. However, if your union is not recognised legally, that will be hard.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by VICARYREALT0RS: 1:47am On Jan 20, 2019
NO. Please ladies should participate in investing mbok.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by chijokz(m): 1:47am On Jan 20, 2019
Nothing wrong with buying assets in her name. I actually encourage it..All assets will eventually get inherited by our kids when we all depart this earth.

10 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by onyibor84: 1:50am On Jan 20, 2019
I pay the bride price and pay for the wedding with my money, feed you with my money, take care of your other needs with my money but your own money is for "private " property...
I have no problem if you're using your own money to buy whatever you want, but that must be after spending equally with me in the house and balancing me all I spent on marrying you.
...We should focus on enjoying life and being happy than all these skewed type of feminism where the girls want equality rather than equity.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by tunjilana: 1:55am On Jan 20, 2019
Nbote:
There is absolutely nothing wrong in her buying a property in her name.. So long as she's also helping out d man for d family's sake.. Ladies and their "My money is my money and his money is our money" mentality need to grow up
This is the real ish...If the man is doing it all alone...dying under bills and maybe even debt...cant even save to buy block...then all of a sudden u pop out with a surprise house all in your name...then u are being selfish...But if u have supported the home reasonably...And most needs at home are being duly met and u use ur surplus to build a house in ur name...my dear U have my absolute blessing...miat women caught in issuea regarding this...dont usually give the full story...they just want the world to see the man as retrigressive and "enemy of progress"...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by tunjilana: 1:57am On Jan 20, 2019
chijokz:
Nothing wrong with buying assets in her name. I actually encourage it..All assets will eventually get inherited by our kids when we all depart this earth.
If u guys dont break up and marry other people...
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Shantyken(m): 2:22am On Jan 20, 2019
keepingmum:
Women please buy as many properties as you canin your SOLE name. , buy in your full names please. MRS titi Abubakar not Mr and Mrs Abubakar.....they may be a second Mrs Abubakar in the future, like Jennifer is also Mrs Abubakar.

Whether the man you are married to supports, agrees or is even aware is irrelevant. Buy it ohhhhh.
I have been married for almost 15years to a truly wonderful man who is also VERY imperfect in many ways!!!

Dont buy in your brothers name cos you areonly enriching your brother and his own immediate family.

I have seen and will see more to validate my views. I have assets in my name alone and infact, only tell hubby after purchasing. But i also have a will that indicates all my estate to my children.

Dont listen to any inlaw, pastor or Imam that says otherwise rather speak with wives who have atleast a decade of marriage lessons in them.

If you are married to an egoistic dream killer that believes you acquiring properties will make his blokos shrink, please buy without his knowledge, take your documents and keep in the bank for storage!! Keep buying and preserving the docs in the banks vault.
Dont allow him pressure you to add his name to your property, if he so desperately wants a propertt he should buy

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Ugosample(m): 2:28am On Jan 20, 2019
obembet:

nope
nothing wrong with it

4 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by keycash: 2:34am On Jan 20, 2019
chloride6:
If you fine out your wife built a house without your knowledge don't her know. Just organise for the house to be burnt to the ground...

Even if she has Insurance, she will lose some money. When she builds again, burn in again. Don't allow her know just smile at home.

This is wickedness you don't need that two wrong don't make a right ooo

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Toks2008(m): 2:41am On Jan 20, 2019
obembet:

This is the 21st century. There is nothing wrong and you don't even need to take permission from your hubby.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Nobody: 2:45am On Jan 20, 2019
This question doesn't make sense. Does a woman bear her name in marriage?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by WeRblessed(f): 2:53am On Jan 20, 2019
obembet:

Question and answer

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by dingbang(m): 2:54am On Jan 20, 2019
All Landed properties must be Bought by me! I'll decide if I want to buy it in my name, in hers, both of ours, or whatever name that suits me.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by Tycoon007(m): 3:10am On Jan 20, 2019
For free job opportunities update, entertainment gists, news as e dey hot, health benefits and lots more on whatssap kindly reach out 07035077624
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by flyca: 4:09am On Jan 20, 2019
daddyfreeman1:
Your type are those that don't have sense. You have head but no Brain. Chop my shit nigga... How can a lady like you say such a thing? This shows you don't have respect for your husband. I guess you're not yet married. And you're saying all this, and your future husband is looking at you.
Your resort to insult shows you are just being overly emotional. She spoke the truth, and the truth it is! Read her last paragraph again..
Annwrites:
If a husband would not let his wife know of any step he wishes to take he doesn't even deserve to know about his wife business.
Your wife was first human, before being your wife. This is 21st century where women have a voice now. She is not your slave, she is your wife. If you involve her in the marriage business, she involves you. If you don't, to hell with your consent and ego massage! If you want her respect, give respect.

All those insult hold no water. Having a career, money and a voice only scares chicken-males in this era. Real men that know their worth, know the kind of women they go for.

Bye

15 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by lonelydora: 4:21am On Jan 20, 2019
obembet:

I don't support my wife buying property without my knowledge (not consent). If i am in the know, i will be supportive. But if she decides not to let me know, when i find out, i will still be happy for her.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by MahatmaGhandi: 4:23am On Jan 20, 2019
Well I don't know about non Christian women but I know that Christ will not be pleased with it, it just like a church that is working for an inheritance that is outside its union with Christ. Why agree to be joined to a man and then seek to own properties on your own? Would it not have been better to stay single and own all the properties that you want in "your own name", marriage is not a must for everyone. What is the motive for wanting to own a property separate from your husband? If as a man your wife's security is not guaranteed in you then you are worse than an infidel and should not be married for you are suppose to be a cover for you wife. However, if you have provided all you can but due to her materialistic nature and her interaction with feminists decides that she wants to have her own properties then you must assume that she has motives that might not necessarily be in the intrest of your home (This is from a Christian perspective). If the couple is not a Christian couple then I have nothing to say to them because we are not operating on the same principles.

Let everybody be guided by the principles of the faith that they practice.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by linearity: 4:28am On Jan 20, 2019
her money, her property, her name...wetin concern me.

Go hussy for your own money and you wouldn’t be border a single bit about simple things like these.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? by VULCAN(m): 4:38am On Jan 20, 2019
When à teenager is talking who has spent too much time watching Kardashians.... It shows.

Little girls whose paradigm of marriage is based on Western reality shows should shut up and learn from women who have been successful in marriage AND Business.

Even Beyonce doesn't buy property without discussing with Jay-Z.

Annwrites:
If a husband can buy a property in his name so can a wife.

She doesn't even need his consent or support except she feels like it.

A woman will misbehave because she has the tendency to not because of some properties she acquired.

If a husband would not let his wife know of any step he wishes to take he doesn't even deserve to know about his wife business.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Man Who Lives In His Family House? / Hilarious Lies You've Ever Told Your Parents! / With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.