₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,191,452 members, 4,778,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 23 February 2019 at 06:30 PM

Please How Can I Be A Good Writer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Please How Can I Be A Good Writer (154 Views)

How Can I Be A Proficient Writer? / How To Be A Good Writer / Need A Good Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can I Be A Good Writer by Kingdeen1(m): 11:31pm On Jan 19
Please how can I be a good writer??
Re: Please How Can I Be A Good Writer by vonlogon: 11:39pm On Jan 19
Practice hard, a lazy person cannot be a writer, then you read other write ups that are in the category of your area of interest.
Shikena
Re: Please How Can I Be A Good Writer by Kingdeen1(m): 12:09am On Jan 20
vonlogon:
Practice hard, a lazy person cannot be a writer, then you read other write ups that are in the category of your area of interest.
Shikena

Tnx bro I really appreciate
Re: Please How Can I Be A Good Writer by Rosemary33: 11:21am On Jan 20
Read! Read !! And read!!! Then practice. Get those you are looking up to to review your work and give you corrections.
Don't be too ashamed when they disapprove of your work. Try again and let them constructively criticize.
While story telling may be inherent, writing as a skill is learned, and it is an act.
Attend as many workshops as you can, learn the act and technics of writing online.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Be A Good Writer by Brazzaville(m): 12:27pm On Jan 20
Read
Re: Please How Can I Be A Good Writer by Divepen1(m): 11:03pm On Jan 20
First sets of advice:

1. Download Ubreader
2. Search for the book titled 'Mastery' By Robert Greene.. Read

3. Do midnight sub.
4. Download Ted Talks From Writers at least 50 and listen.
If you successfully do these...

Then, you have the commitment needed for a writer...

1. You need a mentor.. I might still be a baby but I can give you directions..
But if you want us to deal, you will show me pictures of those..

I'll help you work on a. Series of stories b. Freelance Writing c. Blog articles. d. Owning your own blog.

2. You will write like a hypnotised fool.
3. Read and Train till you stop writing in life.

4. You'll need to study strategic TV series
like those from Shonda Rhimes or George R.R Martins..

5. Then have a mind that keeps questioning life..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

True Life Story Of An Artiste Manager(lessons For All Aspiring Talent Managers) / Short Story: After Mother's Death / I Was The Husband And The Other Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.