Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

I Am Sure We’ve Been Able To Save Lives With ‘logo Benz’ — Lil Kesh - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Am Sure We’ve Been Able To Save Lives With ‘logo Benz’ — Lil Kesh (1051 Views)

See How Fans Reacts To Olamide And Lil Kesh New Song 'logo Benz' / Why No Woman Lives With K1 The Ultimate In His House / DJ Olu's Death: Wizkid, Olamide, Lil Kesh And Other Celebrities Mourn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Sure We’ve Been Able To Save Lives With ‘logo Benz’ — Lil Kesh by Kingsmeal: 10:23am On Jan 20, 2019
Lil Kesh, a rapper formerly signed to Olamide Adedeji’s YBNL Records, says he’s certain that the controversial ‘Logo Benz’ single has saved lives.

The song, featuring Kesh and Olamide, drew criticism for allegedly promoting money rituals.
“If money no enter I go do blood money”, a line which means ‘I’ll do blood money if I’m broke’, drew the ire of many Nigerians. .

Following the release of the song, the rappers were accused of insensitivity and glorifying money rituals.

Reacting in a chat with PUNCH, Kesh maintained that the song was recorded to create awareness.
He said: “Logo Benz was inspired by things we saw on social media and in our environment. One of the trending news now is how people are stealing pants for money rituals. One of those things they buy with the money is Benz cars. .

“We thought we should do a song about it and create awareness; this is what we have been doing as musicians. But I guess people got the wrong impression.

“When it came out, it was heavily criticised and people felt we were promoting money rituals. I understood why it happened because some parts of the lyrics were not too clear. If we had looked for a better way to put the story out there, people would have understood it better. .

“We have been able to create so much awareness on the issue and I am sure we have been able to save lives. Even if it was just one person we saved by releasing the song, I am happy.”

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/i-am-sure-weve-been-able-to-save-lives-with-logo-benz-lil-kesh/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

1 Like

Re: I Am Sure We’ve Been Able To Save Lives With ‘logo Benz’ — Lil Kesh by michlins(m): 10:26am On Jan 20, 2019
If we had looked for a better way to put the story out there, people would have understood it better. .

Exactly what went wrong
Re: I Am Sure We’ve Been Able To Save Lives With ‘logo Benz’ — Lil Kesh by HungerMustGo: 10:36am On Jan 20, 2019
By encouraging ritual money, Yes!
Re: I Am Sure We’ve Been Able To Save Lives With ‘logo Benz’ — Lil Kesh by Makito015(m): 10:55am On Jan 20, 2019
If we had looked for a better way to put the story out there, people would have understood it better. .

Exactly what went wrong

True talk
Re: I Am Sure We’ve Been Able To Save Lives With ‘logo Benz’ — Lil Kesh by Peterdreddblog(m): 11:56am On Jan 20, 2019
angry
Re: I Am Sure We’ve Been Able To Save Lives With ‘logo Benz’ — Lil Kesh by Lavoca: 11:58am On Jan 20, 2019
Re: I Am Sure We’ve Been Able To Save Lives With ‘logo Benz’ — Lil Kesh by Tamarapetty(f): 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
Saved or endangered lives?? The situation is even getting worse, ok what of POVERTY DIE?? why did olamide add yahoo boys to the video??
Re: I Am Sure We’ve Been Able To Save Lives With ‘logo Benz’ — Lil Kesh by itspzpics(m): 4:52pm On Jan 20, 2019
Lol...see this one
Re: I Am Sure We’ve Been Able To Save Lives With ‘logo Benz’ — Lil Kesh by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
Do I blame him.The only reason this noise maker is relevant is because Nigerians embrace and celebrate mediocrity.In saner climes,Lil kesh and his partner in crime,Olamide would be hawking Otapiapia to make ends meet instead of polluting the environment with noise in name of making music.
Re: I Am Sure We’ve Been Able To Save Lives With ‘logo Benz’ — Lil Kesh by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
Lil Kesh is simply doing the music his people love. If there was no market for this kind of music, he wouldn't sing it. The question is can Nigeria get any worse? I'm afraid yes.

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Launches Her New Luxury Hair Line Called ‘king Tonto Collection’ / Regina Daniels Shows Off Her Pvc; Unknowingly Reveals Her Real Age / Colourful Looks From Grammy's 2019 Red Carpet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.