Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names (2267 Views)

After 37yrs In South Africa He Came Back To Drag Properties With My Father. / Man Heartbroken After Wife Revealed Why She Cheated On Him With Married Man. / Man Leaks Facebook Chats Of His Wife With Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2019
cococandy:
You’re the one who sounds evil

u no get respect bah. make una de talk and support evil. nonsense
Re: Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
scholachatcopyw:
Will you as a man be responsible enough to share your property equally or you'll leave it for your brothers and family members while your wife and kids starve and live in poverty after your demise? I think couples should have properties in their own names just in case the above occurs, the man should even support his wife because she's only trying to ensure that the quality of life of herself and her kids does not decrease if her husband dies first

Will you ..will you:. Who banned you as a woman from having your own property ? I don’t know what’s giving you the feeling that your husband will die first

1 Like

Re: Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 24, 2019
babyhrt:

Typical of you dear....you already concluded about my status...

You can't make an intelligent opinion without throwing tantrum.

Continue

She spoke the truth but you a typical Nigerian alpha male will never agree.
Re: Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 24, 2019
bukatyne:

I very much agree with you.

I have never seen the need to own a private property/buy a car/make a locate investment ditto my husband.

As much as possible, I try to understand opposing views due to their experiences.

You lack wisdom
Re: Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 24, 2019
Elder0001:

You lack wisdom

Boy-man gigolo u go about telling people say dem no get wisdom but u wey de claim say u get wisdom na little girl with little brain like pocohantas do you 10/10 wey make u wan commit suicide
Re: Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:15am On Jan 25, 2019
babyhrt:
I want to make this as short as possible.

There is a topic at the front page about whether or not it is okay for a woman to acquire property in her name.

https://www.nairaland.com/4970457/there-anything-wrong-wife-buying

I feel strongly to respond especially as I feel alot of the responses failed to address what I consider as the core of such a scenario.

PS: my views are heavily guided by my beliefs as a Christian.

This word "Two shall become one" says it all

To start with, when a couple starts acquiring properties in their sole names or in secrecy, then something is fundamentally wrong with the UNION... Something that is not sudden but has always been there with them either as individuals or something about the marriage.

That marriage is defaulted right from the beginning

Such couples have no business being married from day one...they should sit together and sort out whatever it is that is the issue or see a counselor.

Why are we married if you have your own properties and I have mine...means we should not even live under the same roof, or we sleep in different rooms, I don't tell you what I earn or how I earn it and you don't get to know what goes on in my life.

While the idea of having properties in your individual names may sit well with the proponents, I dare say such its only permissible in a TOXIC marriage...but in ideal situation where you got it right from day one.... Couple should NOT acquire properties in their individual names

It breeds division, suspicion and disaffection.

In a family..the man and wife are supposed to plan together, do things together, grow together, face their fears together while helping each other to become better each day.... marriage is not a competition

That is the kind of marriage that I know.

The fact that you are in a TOXIC marriage does not change the standard.

Happy Sunday

MOD... kindly move this to the front page

its a reaction to how widows get treated, the moment the husband does family membets claim everything as their brother's property (trafitional way)

then on divorce its the samething she is kicked out with nothing (traditional way)

you find that this all to do traditiona and culture eg in most african traditions and culture they never play fair on widows and divorcees

if all people would use constitunal laws on death and divorce these women would never buy house behind their husbands and constitunal laws give them the right to inhert husband property after all she helped indirectly by looking after the property, cooking etc for him so now has the right to the left property besides wife and his kids

same applies on divorce they worked together to build the little they have, she cant walk
away empty handed, whether she was a housewife he helped indirectly by managing the house eg the house being clean, cooking for him, washing, helping kids etc even if they had a maid still she would manage the maid thats was her input

if we all see it thise way we wouldnt have the problems we have today

many uncles (brothers of the deseased ) have inherited their brothers property and many failed to look after the left wife and kids

what one build with his hand with his wife let his and wife and kids enjoy or manage without brother dipping in via tradition and culture

our woman are poor, becoz of that we thing only a married woman should be empowered once the husband dies we strip her of what she played part in building

2 Likes

Re: Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names by babyhrt(m): 4:09pm On Jan 25, 2019
Elder0001:

She spoke the truth but you a typical Nigerian alpha male will never agree.

What truth exactly? that people that have my kind of opinion do not have a money to build one brick. How would she know?
You are pathetic
Now you have her attention....can you leave my front?

1 Like

Re: Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names by Alennsar(f): 9:39pm On Jan 25, 2019
ogawisdom:
Buying properties in individual names is a bold message that the marriage is coming to an end sooner than later and everyone is preparing for life without the other. Thanks

I bet you've not seen a situation where a woman acquire so much wealth with her husband but was totally stripped of all after the man's death by the family members?
Re: Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names by Alennsar(f): 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
bukatyne:

I am sorry to sound disrespectful however your parents' marriage is an example of the OP's.

If your parents were one, they would plan for eventualities together and have joint backup plans.

Your mom built the houses because of her distrust of your dad's decisions.

issokay.
Re: Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names by ameenahz(f): 9:27am On Jan 26, 2019
OP's submission is what the ideal is. But this is Nigeria. Nothing ever favours the woman. No one prays for unpleasant events like death, divorce, other women/wives, etc, but these things happen. Personally, what I believe in is, we will have family projects (bearing both our first names and which we will both contribute to) and also individual projects (mine with my maiden name). I don't want stories that tickle the oesophagus.

1 Like

Re: Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names by nnamdibig(m): 1:35pm On Jan 26, 2019
scholachatcopyw:
Will you as a man be responsible enough to share your property equally or you'll leave it for your brothers and family members while your wife and kids starve and live in poverty after your demise? I think couples should have properties in their own names just in case the above occurs, the man should even support his wife because she's only trying to ensure that the quality of life of herself and her kids does not decrease if her husband dies first

what makes you think the man will always die before the wife?
Have you ever thought ofyou and your husband's siblings dying before your husband??
what makes you think your husband will be the riches in the family that his whole siblings will depend on him and him will die before all of you?
What kind of thinking is this??
My old dead grandfather who was an illiterate prepared a will when he was alive but here you are talking of husband siblings and properties.......haba
why will a right thinking man not put his properties in his children's name??
The best is to acquire properties in family name. But the wife will always want the husband to put her name in already acquired properties before marriage.
And nothing is wrong with that if there is trust.
Re: Everything Is Wrong With Married Couples Buying Properties With Individual Names by nnamdibig(m): 1:45pm On Jan 26, 2019
from what I just read on this tread, lots of women here believe their husband will die before them.

Something is fundamentally wrong with the way we think. same thing OP is writing against.
what is wrong is wrong.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Design Gorgeous Wedding Bags / 10 Sisters You Will Find In Every Home / 3-year-old Boy Being Brought Up As A Girl By Parents:(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.