Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,476 members, 7,861,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:02 AM

Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? (3204 Views)

Does Goodluck Jonathan Get Standing Order Of Impunity As Ex-president? / Does Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Deserves To Be Called An Hero? / Why Does Goodluck Jonathan Go To Germany For Medical Treatment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by kcjazz(m): 5:28pm On Aug 16, 2010
@Beaf
Your comments about $150m and $23b is very funny. Every government in recent memory has spent outrageous sums on the power sector yet no satisfactory results. We are reasonable to give him a benefit of doubt until we see results. Power plants are not built in one day but planes are bought in one day just call Boeing grin Btw $150m is not N150m, that could build a waste recycling plant in Aba

Put it this way, I would pay for my son's education but I won't pay for his beer
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by Beaf: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2010
kcjazz:

@Beaf
Your comments about $150m and $23b is very funny. Every government in recent memory has spent outrageous sums on the power sector yet no satisfactory results. We are reasonable to give him a benefit of doubt until we see results. Power plants are not built in one day but planes are bought in one day just call Boeing grin Btw $150m is not N150m, that could build a waste recycling plant in Aba

Put it this way, I would pay for my son's education but I won't pay for his beer

Thank you. Your post is very reasonable and balanced.

The $23b is for 3 new refineries. It has nothing to do with power plants, you've got it mixed up.
With the 3 new refineries, you get thousands of jobs. But most importantly, it would save the nation $10 billion in annual fuel imports.
The $10 billion saved from unnecessary fuel imports would build a whopping 10,000 "waste recycling plants in Aba" at N150m each. . . How about that? wink

And once your son hits 17 / 18, you better buy him the beer! grin
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by kcjazz(m): 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2010
^^^^^
Haha yeah I got it mixed up I guess, its been a long day but the idea remains the same. I would give a benefit of a doubt until the results are out. No beer for my son though, I might need his kidney someday. grin
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by wiseson1: 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2010
@ Beaf
I am still waiting for my answer to the 3 questions below.

1. Give me a list of the remarkable accomplishments of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan in the positions which he held prior to the presidency to counter the allegation that he is an incurable mediocrity.

2. Tell me how you reconcile being a man of honesty and integrity with his willingness to serve and remain loyal to a man who was convicted and jailed for money laundering and serious financial crimes?

3. Tell me how you reconcile being a man of honesty and integrity with the readmission of same Alamieyeseigha into the fold of PDP under his watch?

Please just answer these 3 questions. I'm quite sure that is not beyond you.
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by Beaf: 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2010
wise son:

@ Beaf
I am still waiting for my answer to the 3 questions below.

1. Give me a list of the remarkable accomplishments of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan in the positions which he held prior to the presidency to counter the allegation that he is an incurable mediocrity.

2. Tell me how you reconcile being a man of honesty and integrity with his willingness to serve and remain loyal to a man who was convicted and jailed for money laundering and serious financial crimes?

3. Tell me how you reconcile being a man of honesty and integrity with the readmission of same Alamieyeseigha into the fold of PDP under his watch?

Please just answer these 3 questions. I'm quite sure that is not beyond you.

Shame on you! Jonathan was governor of Bayelsa state for just 1 year 4 months plus. Why are you scrambling to over stretch credulity? It is thoroughly disingenuous.

Following along the same weird lines of the original article, you feel that you can somehow hang the crimes of Alams on Jonathan. By any length, that is an incredible stretch.
You are against Jonathan having served under Alams, but what do you say about Fashola having served under Tinubu? Has it stopped Fashola from being the performer he is? Of course the answer is no.
It seems you are looking for a politician to drop from the sky, like some holy myth. Its never gonna happen.
You have no understanding of the Nigerian political landscape, otherwise, you would realise that it is impossible for anybody to rise without serving one of the corrupt masters whose nests are now being decimated. You rise through the ranks and when you get there, you clear the nest; a good example is the fact that you now have constant fuel at low cost, fuel scarcity is gone; how many butts and vampires do you realise have been very quietly kicked in that sector?
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by Beaf: 6:35pm On Aug 16, 2010
kcjazz:

^^^^^
Haha yeah I got it mixed up I guess, its been a long day but the idea remains the same. I would give a benefit of a doubt until the results are out. No beer for my son though, I might need his kidney someday. grin

Chei! You go take laf wound pesin o! grin
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by wiseson1: 10:11am On Aug 17, 2010
Beaf: Shame on you! Jonathan was governor of Bayelsa state for just 1 year 4 months plus. Why are you scrambling to over stretch credulity? It is thoroughly disingenuous.

Following along the same weird lines of the original article, you feel that you can somehow hang the crimes of Alams on Jonathan. By any length, that is an incredible stretch.
You are against Jonathan having served under Alams, but what do you say about Fashola having served under Tinubu? Has it stopped Fashola from being the performer he is? Of course the answer is no.
It seems you are looking for a politician to drop from the sky, like some holy myth. Its never gonna happen.
You have no understanding of the Nigerian political landscape, otherwise, you would realise that it is impossible for anybody to rise without serving one of the corrupt masters whose nests are now being decimated. You rise through the ranks and when you get there, you clear the nest; a good example is the fact that you now have constant fuel at low cost, fuel scarcity is gone; how many butts and vampires do you realise have been very quietly kicked in that sector?

I'm sorry, but I asked you for a list of remarkable achievements creditable to to Goodluck Jonathan prior to his elevation to president, in order to counter the allegation that he is an incurable mediocrity and you tell me that he was only governor of Bayelsa for 1 year and 4 months. Excuse me, but what about the period (1993 - 1998) when he was a director at OMPADEC. What about the period (1983 - 1993) when he was a lecturer at Rivers State college of education. I stumbled across his CV - http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/articlefiles/6036-drjcv.pdf - and allow me to refer to it. First of all, it is silent about any achievements during the period at OMPADEC.

IN MATER DEI HIGH SCHOOL, IMIRINGI:
CLASS CAPTAIN      CLASS 3 – 4
SECRETARY COLLEGE FOOD COMMITTEE   CLASS 3
HOUSE PERFECT MASTERSON HOUSE   CLASS 4 – 5
CHAIRMAN, COMMITTEE OF PREFECTA  CLASS 4 – 5

IN RIVERS STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, RUMUOLUMENI, PORT HARCOURT:
SECRETARY BIOLOGY DEPARTMENT ACADEMIC STAFF MEETINGS
DEPARTMENT TIME TABLE OFFICER
MEMBER SENIOR STAFF APPOINTMENT AND PROMOTION COMMITTEE

These do not strike me as a particularly remarkable list of achievements. Frankly, it strikes me as, uhm well MEDIOCRE.

I'm sorry, you want to absolve Jonathan of accountability for his actions, because a publicly acknowledged high performer has been in the same situation as he is. I think it is not a credit to either of them. If you take the comparison further, the comparison breaks down, because unlike Goodluck Jonathan Fashola already had a track record of performance prior to entry into government, which is very easy to point to. Already he was a Senior Advocate. It is no secret that he was the Lead Counsel and highest fee earner at the law firm K.O Tinubu and and company from 1994 to 2002. I beg your pardon, this commands my respect over someone acting as secretary biology department academic staff meetings.

Pure sentiment is keeping too many people from realizing that GEJ is not equipped to discharge the office of President will. It lies beyond his competence and temperament. He is indeed an incurable mediocrity as alleged.
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by monkeyleg: 10:49am On Aug 17, 2010
@Beaf,

I wish I could say I admire your dogged determination to define GJ for spending money recklessly. The argument here is not if past leader have been corrupt and wasteful, that goes without saying, But to justify Jonathans recent unchecked wayward spending, is sad.

I asked a simple question, if Jonathan was a manager in a good private company and spent money the way he did, not only will he be sacked, he would probably be jailed.

Drop sentiments, because I am also from ND, and Jonathan is far from the best qualified candidate for the job. He lacks Ideas, direction, and the deisred will to make the necessary change to drive Nigeria forward. He simply isnt up to the Job.
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 17, 2010
@BEAF u are an educated illitrate, go and farm u don't know anything about politics. fool!
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 18, 2010
i have to wonder. . .we are told that the 150million $ for planes and the then 10 billion for independence for planes was before johnathans time in the saddle( even though he was number 2 man) .

even if he had no opportunity or liver or inclination to try to stop such profligrancy, he is president now. we are told that a new broom sweeps clean

as to the investmenst in refinery/power , the previous argument shoots those in the foot - are these proposals originated by the gej administration, or were they also concieved during yarduas administration, like teh 150 million gulfstream and the anniversary

in the end all these are simply campaign promises, in any event. johnathan was more or less at the helm during the 6000mw fiasco , no be so?
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 26, 2011
so what does johnathan stand for

besides having a role model who killed his best friend and who murdered one of nigeria's greatest journalists
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 26, 2011
Thank you.
There is nothing wrong with criticising, but it should be kept reasonable and rational. Of course, Jonathan is human and must have faults like the rest of us, but are these anti-Jonathan critics stretching reason beyond breaking point? That is the question.

Most of these people are coming from positions that blind them to reason. For goodness sake, the man is just three months in, what rational mind can make the wild statements that some here are making, after just 3 months? It beats imagination!
Even the youngest men looking to get married, would not have a marriage with a girl for just 3 months and begin to make ill statements. Right thinking people would question his mind.

The positions of these guys change like the colour of a chameleon. They can change several times in the same week, when one of their desperate, anaemic and negative assertions is disproved, they immediately search for another even more anaemic one. Na wa!
First Jonathan was a weakling who would be a puppet to the powers that be, but when the quiet man began wielding his authority in a cool, calm, self-assured and positive way; their new excuse became "he is a vengeful, Do or Die politician". Pathetic.

Here is a man that has fought and neutered the Goliaths of this country in 3 short months; here is man that has snatched Nigeria back from our Mutallab and anti-UN pariah status in 3 short months and taken tremendous strides to reposition Nigeria as the most important African country; the g8 and g20 snubs to Nigeria are now a thing of the past, in fact, we are now the beautiful bride courted by all; here is a man that has hired the best in the Aganga's and Bart Nnaji's to pull the country out of the doldrums; here is a man that has changed our leadership style from the usual gra gra "I will lock up your family" style, to one that is cool, calm, assured and listening. The man who deliberately blocked Jonathan’s motorcade wasn’t beaten to death , as would have happened in the past. No! He was quietly arrested and taken to court. Talk about rule of law!

Except people are bent on mischief, 3 months is far too short for the sort of statements some are making here. But Nigeria has traditionally been a country of cutthroat, rule by rumour and fiction politics. Thankfully, we have someone who, although like any human has his shortcomings, is so far, listening and acting on behalf of the people.

. . .But these dudes running unreal criticisms are just batteries running on low current, true World leaders have seen something that has made them drop in in droves; including, Bill Gates (founder of Microsoft), Kofi Annan, Condoleeza Rice, Prime Minister Tony Blair, President George Bush. . . The list will only get longer. Grin Grin Grin

So far, under Jonathan, Nigeria is looking Up.

we all know the truth now.

Goodluck ebele johnathan is a FAILURE and hypocrite, liar and more of worse.

the only thing he is good for is providing comic material for comedians
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by monkeyleg: 8:39am On Feb 26, 2011
Close to 1yr and still no sign of what he stands for
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 26, 2011
^^^^

ahah

like father like son

what does ibb stand for

imprisoning your former friends (okah) - check

bombing - check

waste of oil money - check

framing your opponents - check

double standards - check
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by Wadeoye(m): 9:01am On Feb 26, 2011
He stands for nothing, The man is empty.
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by ayo84(m): 9:10am On Feb 26, 2011
Mr beaf recently made a comment on how goodluck has setup a committe to probe contrctas his ministers have awarded.

i posted in that thread:
Story , Story , Story ,
its all a family affair, look its bello adoke coming in to save his colleagues ,everything swept under the carpet and is history.

Does GEJ thinks Nigerians are fools.what happened to the so called committee setup to investigate the Airport runway contract , what were their recommendations, was anyone jailed,charged to court or barred from public office.

Mr. Beaf , i swear even you ,know say,all this na pdp washing (wayo wayo), deep down inside you weep for nigeria, you weep at the incompetence of your boss:GEJ.You show so much fire, you actualy seem like a progressive, but you have been paid to do a good job, the progressive inside you is coming out to post this things, but deep down, you know the truth, Goodluck is another round of wayo wayo government.

If we want fresh air in nigeria, we need a revolution in Government,
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2011
are team gej dumb?
Re: Beyond Emotions: What Does Goodluck Jonathan Stand For? by friedrice1: 10:14pm On Feb 26, 2011
Jonathan is the biggest Disappointment in the history of the word, Disappointment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Angry People Threw Pure Water At GEJ And His Campaign Team / Suggestion:-can 1 Naira Ever Be Equal To 1 Dollar? / Anti-corruption: G7 Provides Buhari With List Of Corrupt Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.