Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa (14580 Views)

Saidat Sanni Is LAUTECH Best Student With 4.88 Cgp(pic / Philip Toluwase Alabi: NECO Best Student 2015 / Unilag’s Best Student Scores 4.96 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by New(m): 4:20pm On Apr 26, 2007
savesoul:

All this is Bullshit!! Real Bullshit. Make them go Use Mathematics collect money for Bank. Mathematics is the worst applied sciences ever known. they are always solving rubbish, solutions that wouldnt improve mankind I HATE MATHEMATICs for real

Maybe you should reconsider as Mathematics is the basis for Engineering, Information Technology (Hardware/Software), Design, Aerospace, Rail, other Vehicles, Manufacturing etc., without which we will never advance
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 26, 2007
Dear zebra, telling me to shut up my mouth is a display of your ignorance. If you had read my posts you would have
seen that I had nothing personal against you. Its a pity that with all your knowledge, you cant have a discussion without name
calling and insults. Once again, I am confronted with why we are labelled backwards by other races.
Anyways , whatever man. I wont stoop so low to insult you. God bless.
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by naijabuff: 10:08am On Apr 27, 2007
those saying Igbos are the best in Nigeria at mathematcis and abstract thinking need to take a look at this link

Greatest african mathematicians of the current generation

http://www.math.buffalo.edu/mad/PEEPS/agboola_adebisi.html

http://www.math.buffalo.edu/mad/PEEPS/okikiolu_katherine.html
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by tobbyjohn(m): 1:06pm On Apr 27, 2007
EGOLDMAN u are a correct guy that separates sentiments 4rm real issues i like ur style . I expect that as nigerians we will come on this thread to congratulate each other not mess it up with tribal sentiment and cynicism. I dare say that cynicism has become a bigger problem than corruption in nigeria Why must we always find something wrong with anything nigerian why why why?the boy has done well- made us proud- that should be the emphasis!!!!!!!!!!!pls lets change this negative mentality of putting nigerians down I AM PROUDLY NIGERIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGERIA KWENU
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by tobbyjohn(m): 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2007
wavemasta u r a gentle man
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2007
@tobbyjohn, thank you my brother.
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by egoldman(m): 12:11am On Apr 29, 2007
savesoul:

@ebronzeman
Why are taking everything personal?
Are u a mathematician? i am offering my opinion and its none of your business

If only you would see the contribution mathematics have made to advancement of the world , then you would understand why your bashing of mathematics and those that study or studied the subject , would make someone to take it personal .
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by johnpeace(m): 1:37pm On May 01, 2007
sometimes i feel unhappy by the way people of Nigeria think or do things. You don't need to tell discourage anybody not to study mathematics.
Personal i am presently an ND student of computer science contemplating on either Information technology or Mathematics as per direct entry. so, if you don't like the subject, that doesn't mean that another person will not like the subject. As for me, there are two things i love to do: inventing new ideas in mathematics and teaching mathematics.
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by ishmael(m): 6:42pm On May 02, 2007
johnpeace:

sometimes i feel unhappy by the way people of Nigeria think or do things. You don't need to tell discourage anybody not to study mathematics.
Personal i am presently an ND student of computer science contemplating on either Information technology or Mathematics as per direct entry. so, if you don't like the subject, that doesn't mean that another person will not like the subject. As for me, there are two things i love to do: inventing new ideas in mathematics and teaching mathematics.

No body is stopping you from going to get a Degree in mathematics. get it but don't remain in Nigeria, else you will end up teaching people the same way you were taught; may be in a secondary school if you are lucky.
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 02, 2007
ishmael:

No body is stopping you from going to get a Degree in mathematics. get it but don't remain in Nigeria, else you will end up teaching people the same way you were taught; may be in a secondary school if you are lucky.

even here in America you'll be teaching and teaching is a noble profession for crying out loud.
We can't all be "getting rich quick" can we?
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by ishmael(m): 7:45am On May 03, 2007
babyosisi:

even here in America you'll be teaching and teaching is a noble profession for crying out loud.
We can't all be "getting rich quick" can we?

My sister; teaching in the US and Europe is a noble profession, but in Nigeria teaching is a frustrating profession; that's exactly why i said "not in Nigeria", because you will be teaching and earning peanuts with all the maths and analytical skills you posses.
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 03, 2007
ishmael:

My sister teaching in the US and Europe is a noble profession but in Nigeria teaching is a frustrating profession. That's exactly why i said not in Nigeria, because you will be teaching and earning peanuts with all the maths and analytical skills you posses.

The NIgerian situation is pathetic,even doctors don't make a decent living.
Who does?
a very insignificant minority.
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by Renegade(m): 6:11am On Jul 21, 2007
MR ANTHONIO, YOU ARE A DREAMER. THERE'S NOTHING LIKE "HIGH INTELLECTUAL ABILITY" AMONG IGBO NOR IS THERE "VERBAL INTELLIGENCE" AMONG YORUBA. i can point you to Dr Oyesiku (top neurosurgeon) or Dr. Olufunmilayo Olopade (breast cancer research pioneer) to argue that yorubas are medical geniuses. but i won't because i have something you don't have: simple reasoning ability.
PS: most of your "products" attended "yoruba schools."

[quote][/quote]Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa
« #13 on: April 22, 2007, 01:23 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Men, Come to think of It. Igbo Guys are really trying in terms of having a high intellectual ability. Even though our schools like UNN, UniZIK,FUTO are not as large as the schools in the west OAU and co. Our products are speaking.
Emeagwali, one of the greatest african computer scientists/Mathematicians is an Igbo
Prof. Chukwuma Soludo winner of the 2004 World best CBN governor of the Year is Igbo
Prof. Chike Obi one of the gratest african mathematicians is Igbo.
Imagine what would happen if we have advanced schools. The west (youruba's) appear to be better in literary arts like law, literature etc but obviously not pure sciences. Soyinka, Fawehinmi are examples of their verbal intelligence. In dealing with numbers and abstract reasoning we still top. Maybe that's why we are good with money and business :
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by fuzek: 8:37pm On Aug 27, 2007
Renegade:

MR ANTHONIO, YOU ARE A DREAMER. THERE'S NOTHING LIKE "HIGH INTELLECTUAL ABILITY" AMONG IGBO NOR IS THERE "VERBAL INTELLIGENCE" AMONG YORUBA. i can point you to Dr Oyesiku (top neurosurgeon) or Dr. Olufunmilayo Olopade (breast cancer research pioneer) to argue that yorubas are medical geniuses. but i won't because i have something you don't have: simple reasoning ability.
PS: most of your "products" attended "yoruba schools."

Honestly, dis people are just very funny (osisi and co), every little thing they attribute to tribe and they've forgotten dat most of dis people schooled in d s/west. There are so many awards/achievements dat other people v gotten/achieved, it's fo the nation as whole.

Well, one shouldn't be surprised "in d land of d bind, d one eye man is a king''---dis just d scenario here, it's like we hadly hear of such successes from the s/east, so hearing this i say a big CONGRATS to ndi'gbo. There too many 9jerians out there making 9ja proud, tribalising their success is sheer stupidity. Stars don't struggle to shine
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by opokonwa(m): 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2007
Good news to cheer!

But how does this improve our economy?
Re: Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa by oceanblue(m): 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2007
[color=#000099][/color][i][/i][b][/b]I am highly dissapointed by some early comments. However some leave me with the conclusion that Nigerians are intellectual people.

I am definetely sure the arthur of some early comments would go to Jail, in a western country 4 trying to stir up ethnic tension with their comments!

What makes Nigeria is the fect dat we are together, do u know howmany countries are in Africa? how many can have built a succesfull economy compared to europe? U think its easy to be a country? u think OIL is all it takes to be a country? SHIT!!!
It takes LARGE LABOUR FORCE,ETHNIC DIVERSITY,POPULATION TO BOOST INVESTMENTS.

Ask urself y are pple making millions from pure wate business? simple answer, cos there are 140million thirsty Nigerians.

If Igos leave, how many millonaires will the biafra population build? A LOT, but not compared to what a 14omillion pple will build.

Am of igbo ancenstry & feel terribly sory about the civil war! but i think we have to move on.

Any acheivement it a collective glory 4 d nation. Abroad all ppl will ask u is ur nationalty not ethnicity.

Am proud to be Naija! i CONDEM unfair treatment of any ethnic race or of any fellow citizen.

LONG LIVE NAIGERIA!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science / Were You Broke In School? Share Your Story / Meaning Of ''outstanding'' In Waec Result?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.