Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country (21171 Views)

Ugandan President Appoints Natasha Museveni, Governor Central Bank Of Uganda / President Museveni's Response When Told That The Gay Community Wants To Meet Him / Journalist Kneels Down To Interview Muhoozi Kainerugaba, President Museveni Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2019
balosammy:
this should also be implemented in Nigeria
its like u want to b unfortunate in life

Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by Fxwarrior: 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
I love this President. Meanwhile in this country, we have a betting company owner aspiring to one of the highest posts in the land unchecked while having wreaked the lives of the youths he is meant to protect.
What an irony.

The sooner peeps tell themselves the truth about betting, the better. Road no dey there.
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by Tjoccmars: 6:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
Stock exchange vs betting
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by Jowanson: 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
Sportwin:
NYC one

Meanwhile on Saturday in nigeria

You see the problem with most bettors is that they gamble without been very calculative.There are people making a whole lot of money from betting codedly...these people don't make noise...Having said that, most bettors will like to use #100 to play odds running upto thousands and with a slip containing 30 games..how do you wanna win with such games...?

I have seen someone who bets just 3odd games and he plays with big money... And wins daily... Another bets 1.50 odds daily.. With big money and he wins most times..at least his win ratio is higher than his loss....

So of you are betting with small money , bet wisely and not gamble

4 Likes

Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by Fxwarrior: 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
GOFRONT:
He is tired of hearing 'Ticket don cut' every other weekend..... cheesy

Go to betting offices, na papers litter the ground. New betting companies springing up here and there.
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2019
I think virtuals and not live soccer that should be ban because the former is programmed by the sportbet companies to make gamblers lose.

1 Like

Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by bluefilm: 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2019
balosammy:

Thunder faya...
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by bluefilm: 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2019
simplesearch:

Nice! But try and create Jobs for them as this will go a long way in curbing vices emanating from idleness. Betting and gambling makes majority of youth lazy just hoping on luck to run their lives and make it big overnight.

Don't say what you don't know.

Betting na serious brain work with more than enough mathematical calculations.

But I don't expect you to understand or believe that.
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by autonomous22: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2019
Nonsense
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by autonomous22: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2019
balosammy:

No talk am two times before I curse you
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2019
balosammy:

Yes. Am With You.

1 Like

Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by emmasege: 6:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
FlackoJodye:
Buhari can Bleep up nigeria for al I care but pls don't take away my source of daily bread and money way I dey use fuc olosho pls pls pls betting forever .whah else do they want us to is and make small small bread abeg Wetin sef Uganda na country !
Have you ever visited any other country than Nigeria.

Uganda may not be as rich as Nigeria, but trust me things work better there than in our country. Don't engage me in needless argument, I've been there and I can inform you that it is a beautiful country by African standard.
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by VictorEkwere: 6:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
sanfranka2:
I no dey like use #100 pursue millions... #100 for 5k is ok for me and e dey enter steady..

How reasonable person go use #100 pursue 1 million ni... Na till 3 years you go chop am

My love for winks eh the guy paid me 5k yesterday
which one be winks bro blow me na
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by moorevic(m): 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2019
Up an down president has banned betting
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by Idpthought: 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2019
Well done sir. This so called betting has literally destroyed my nephew. I know it is using the force of law ( fiat ) against the individual's freedom of choice but this large scale medium of gambling is inconsistent with our values as Africans and I'm glad an African leader is bold enough to take this stance.
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by okeniti: 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2019
This is an incredibly flawed idea and will only open door to illegal betting schemes (look up moonshine and apply same logic). Outright banning of anything never works. A wise man/system would curb the number of gambling shops being opened in the country (more specifically the lower income communities) and raise awareness on gambling dangers then combat what drives gambling (joblessness is one example) in the first place.

To just ban because "the effect on the youth" and to then say Nigeria should follow same ban is foolish.
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by samyyoung1(m): 7:03pm On Jan 21, 2019
sanfranka2:
I no dey like use #100 pursue millions... #100 for 5k is ok for me and e dey enter steady..

How reasonable person go use #100 pursue 1 million ni... Na till 3 years you go chop am

My love for winks eh the guy paid me 5k yesterday

Give me game na
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:04pm On Jan 21, 2019
pure madness...let him remember power does not last forever..he will either go down or die someday.....the world is watching....
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:05pm On Jan 21, 2019
Fxwarrior:
I love this President. Meanwhile in this country, we have a betting company owner aspiring to one of the highest posts in the land unchecked while having wreaked the lives of the youths he is meant to protect.
What an irony.

The sooner peeps tell themselves the truth about betting, the better. Road no dey there.

ssh....he did not force you or any youth to come over and place bet....it was their freewill and its business.....
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by sure4U: 7:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
balosammy:
why?

take ur time

lol
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by sure4U: 7:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
Sportwin:
NYC one
Meanwhile on Saturday in nigeria
contact for sure odds
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
Redbluenile:
Great protector of Uganda

All gaming is rigged for if it wasn't the house would go out of business with one lucky or clever winner. Gamers make the most profit via trickery, using the silent partners to fake big winners, reeling in all unsuspecting people to rob them blind.

Indeed, they are rigged;however, if tell them to ban it here it Nigeria they will tell you it is interfering with their fundamental human rights or it is a multi million Naira business providing jobs.
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by sure4U: 7:16pm On Jan 21, 2019
[quote author=erimmy post=74979737][/quote]

let me help u today

take competitive matched over 8.5 corner take like 5games and always smile to d bank

like Italian lg

English lg

Germany lg.

don't for get to qoute me and ask to my number later for card

u r a lucky guy
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by Hell4k: 7:49pm On Jan 21, 2019
See below

Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by Toosure70: 7:51pm On Jan 21, 2019
olodo
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by Domistar5(f): 7:53pm On Jan 21, 2019
SalamRushdie:

keep quiet
you are one of them. That's the reason you saying bullshit.
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 7:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
What An Interesting thread... The president himself banning sports betting

Do You Desire A Very Good Property (Landed property or to buy a house.apartment) for acquisition or as a form of Investment That Guarantee High Return... Check our signature below on how to get on PROMO affordable titled lands &

properties in good location with Rest of mind. There are good properties in choice locations that boast of a huge return on

investment. Don't miss the current promos Visit our Ikeja Office (Off Medical Road) or OUR ISLAND OFFICE ON LEKKI-EPE EXPRESSWAY

(AWOYAYA).
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by Abdulkatcha(m): 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2019
We need that too in nigeria
Re: Ugandan President, Museveni bans Gambling And Sports Betting In The Country by SalamRushdie: 7:57pm On Jan 21, 2019
Domistar5:

you are one of them. That's the reason you saying bullshit.

one of who sir?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7.6 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Japan As Country Braces For 16Ft Tsunami / King Of Swaziland Renames Country Eswatini To Stop Being Confused With Swzerland / US Actors To Go On Strike Over Pay Rise And Image Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.