Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report (36034 Views)

Enugu, Oyo Radio Stations Ban Naira Marley Songs Over Mohbad Death / DO YOU AGREE? Davido’s “fall” Is Bigger Than Olamide’s Entire Music Career (see / Davido's “Fall” Is 13th On US Urban Radio Chart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by missimelda01(f): 6:38pm On Jan 21, 2019
I just like that guy called DAVIDO.. he's going places mehn!
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2019
.......fall on you
fall on you
fall on you
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by 1shortblackboy: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2019
davido over wizkid anyday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by babeosisi: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2019
He should hurry up and marry that chioma though or leave her alone before he gives her HIV since he is allergic to rubber

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by 1shortblackboy: 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
Niggerians and exaggeration. Maybe its a few radio stations in New york, Chicago and those places where they have a high number of Africans but una go paint am as if its everywhere you go
i guess u dont know what rolling stones is

9 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
Am I the only one who doesn’t like this sort of Afrobeat and the Davido craze?

Just watched and listened to the song on YouTube.

The song is dumb. Wth is “money fall on you, banana fall on you”....then some nonsense about Christian Ronaldo and Nintendo??

It’s just dumb and silly. Fela is synonymous with Afrobeat. He made the genre popular. This new beat should have another name. This is no Afrobeat.

10 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Mike008(m): 6:46pm On Jan 21, 2019
CaptainGOOD:
Definitely better than wizkid

No match for even a drunk Wizkid.

5 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by chiboy1116: 6:46pm On Jan 21, 2019
kally90:
First to comment.
lwkmd....keep dreaming .
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by N0favors: 6:49pm On Jan 21, 2019
OBO the best
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Akuruoulo(m): 6:51pm On Jan 21, 2019
Chaii u people are so odd. STARBOYS SONGS HAVE BEEN OVER PLAYED ALL OVER THE WORLD MANY YEARS AGO, and frog voice song is simply rolling in Nairaland America now. Funny people

3 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by busomma: 6:53pm On Jan 21, 2019
Which radio station if I may ask? Pls u people should stop peddling falsehood in order to promote somebody. Davido is a great musician & a great young man but he is a none entity here in the states.

3 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Akuruoulo(m): 6:53pm On Jan 21, 2019
Who knows how much DAVIDO paid for them to just play his music ones. Shameless guy who even by likes, NA to play im music for America Im no go buy?

4 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by tfash96(m): 6:56pm On Jan 21, 2019
CaptainGOOD:
Definitely better than wizkid
are u kidding me?

2 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by tfash96(m): 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
Niggerians and exaggeration. Maybe its a few radio stations in New york, Chicago and those places where they have a high number of Africans but una go paint am as if its everywhere you go
I wonder o

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by alfredilly: 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2019
Fall and if making wave accross US? I can't imagine that. Those songs are poor at best. The tunes are bizzare and lack globally acclaimed melody. I don't know what American are embracing right now but a lot of this Nigerian hip hip artist keep giving us bad songs. Aside the beats which is a product of technology and has nothing to do with their creativity, there is nothing melodiously flavouring and palatable among the top songs in Nigeria save a few. The good one abund amongst the alternative singers. Whoever listen to simi smile for me or sheyi Shay yolo yolo will definitely be attracted to it no matter the part of the world he comes from.

3 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by aleniboro(m): 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
Bros, I am a living witness in New Jersey here. At my place of work, the kokoyes, Haitians, Puerto Rico and Indinesian people only know "fall" and "if" from Nigeria. They can play it repeatedly from money till night. It is a good thing.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by aleniboro(m): 7:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
alfredilly:
Fall and if making wave accross US? I can't imagine that. Those songs are poor at best. The tunes are bizzare and lack globally acclaimed melody. I don't know what American are embracing right now but a lot of this Nigerian hip hip artist keep giving us bad songs. Aside the beats which is a product of technology and has nothing to do with their creativity, there is nothing melodiously flavouring and palatable among the top songs in Nigeria save a few. The good one abund amongst the alternative singers. Whoever listen to simi smile for me or sheyi Shay yolo yolo will definitely be attracted to it no matter the part of the world he comes from.
"Good " and "Global acceptability" are not the same. Those too songs have global acceptability. Ask anyone working at Geodis at South Brunswick. They will te you there are only two songs they know from Africa. Some did not even know where ot originated from. Good my foot. Good is relative mehn!

6 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by CaptainGOOD: 7:10pm On Jan 21, 2019
Mike008:

No match for even a drunk Wizkid.
Wizkid is overhyped I chose tekno over him

Media helped wizkid grow.. Coupled with his name helped by. His starture.
So people thought he is really a kid

3 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by tfash96(m): 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
1shortblackboy:
davido over wizkid anyday
will u go sit down on top latrine

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 21, 2019
Go go Africa To The World if we can't make it in best countries rate atleast In artist We Will Do
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by tfash96(m): 7:16pm On Jan 21, 2019
alfredilly:
wetin u dey talk now?Help me 2 summarize am into 2 sentences
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Abagworo(m): 7:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
Yankee101:
Darvido (How they pronounce Davido here) is an American. That helps

Many Nigerians are yet to realize that Davido is an American from Atlanta born to Nigerian parents.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by killuminati(m): 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2019
I couldn't believe myself when I heard them play it grin angry shocked
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by fiercehillz(m): 7:25pm On Jan 21, 2019
Its a pity some of us love to run our artists down or underestimate them at will...but i see no reason a Davido's, Wizzy's or Mr. Easi's song can't be the biggest in the world...must every hit track sound like Diamond by Rihanna or Ed Sheeran's shape of you. If gangnam style, lolly pop by lil wayne, LMFAO's sexy and I know it, and Nikky Minaj's anaconda were worldwide hits then we have afrobeat songs from naija that can take over the world.

9 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by TLION(m): 7:26pm On Jan 21, 2019
gbosaa:
Am I the only one who doesn’t like this sort of Afrobeat and the Davido craze?

Just watched and listened to the song on YouTube.

The song is dumb. Wth is “money fall on you, banana fall on you”....then some nonsense about Christian Ronaldo and Nintendo??

It’s not dumb and silly. Fela is synonymous with Afrobeat. He made the genre popular. This new beat should have another name. This is no Afrobeat.
. Oga shut the Bleep up...this guys are trying watin una want again, if you don't like their music we have brymo, timi dakolo, and others if you don't like is kind of music kindly check other. not to start spoiling what someone worked hard for......nawa some people ooh you just come here dey pour nonsense I can bet my left ball that you can't even hold mic? but come here to judge someone that's has gone far in life get a life bruv?

10 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by shogsman(m): 7:26pm On Jan 21, 2019
koboko69:

Its not exaggeration....
I live in Boston and hip hop stations play fall alot. It has been featured on count down several times. One anchor even uses the beats as his sound track when having his program. People even call in and say i dont know what tje heck that guy is saying but i cant help dance to it.

What's the big deal?

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by koboko69: 7:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
shogsman:

What's the big deal?

Dont ask me useless questions...
Or do i look like your village chief?
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by rukatech: 7:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
That’s true. I listened to it this morning -
FM 92.3 Washington DC/Baltimore area.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emeka Ike Spotted At Swearing In Of Yahaya Bello At Lokoja - Photos / Nosa Rex And His Friends In Car Accident / Beverly Osu Flaunts Bikini Body In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.