Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,347 members, 7,957,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:18 AM

Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report (36162 Views)

Enugu, Oyo Radio Stations Ban Naira Marley Songs Over Mohbad Death / DO YOU AGREE? Davido’s “fall” Is Bigger Than Olamide’s Entire Music Career (see / Davido's “Fall” Is 13th On US Urban Radio Chart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 21, 2019
congrats to kiddo...kiddominaaaaaaaant
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Ra88: 7:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
OBO any day, alll day. For those saying it’s a lie, Bursta Rhymes the American rapper has been all over Davido’s “Fall” and “If”, he even perform the remix in clubs in USA and Dubai. Go search YouTube.

4 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Hermes019: 7:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
I don't like the song,I don't know why,maybe cos the lyrics are sparse and not too meaningful, nonetheless I wish him the best

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Ra88: 7:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
All these Wizkid fans, wetin una know sef

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Hermes019: 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
alfredilly:
Fall and if making wave accross US? I can't imagine that. Those songs are poor at best. The tunes are bizzare and lack globally acclaimed melody. I don't know what American are embracing right now but a lot of this Nigerian hip hip artist keep giving us bad songs. Aside the beats which is a product of technology and has nothing to do with their creativity, there is nothing melodiously flavouring and palatable among the top songs in Nigeria save a few. The good one abund amongst the alternative singers. Whoever listen to simi smile for me or sheyi Shay yolo yolo will definitely be attracted to it no matter the part of the world he comes from.
U don talk am finish
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
TLION:
. Oga shut the Bleep up...this guys are trying watin una want again, if you don't like their music we have brymo, timi dakolo, and others if you don't like is kind of music kindly check other. not to start spoiling what someone worked hard for......nawa some people ooh you just come here dey pour nonsense I can bet my left ball that you can't even hold mic? but come here to judge someone that's has gone far in life get a life bruv?

You are right, I can’t sing to save my life but it’s my opinion, that song ‘Fall’ SUCKS big time.
I’m not spoiling anyone’s work, not everyone will like it. He has got millions of people all over the world as fans and they like the music as well so no need for you to foam in the mouth.
His type of music is dumb in my opinion. If I was in a building and they start blasting that “ money fall and banana fall on you”, I’ll quietly disappear. That type of music and lyrics will traumatise me.
I love Timi Dakolo by the way and I don’t see any connection between his songs and Davido’s type of music.
Timi Dakolo is intelligent, sings intelligently, beautiful melody, good and very creative videos. He is one of the best contemporary Nigerian artistes I’ve listened to.

3 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by 9jaRealist: 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
Niggerians and exaggeration. Maybe its a few radio stations in New york, Chicago and those places where they have a high number of Africans but una go paint am as if its everywhere you go

First, we are not “Nigger - ians” angry

Nonetheless, I heard it on radio while briefly passing through West Virginia.

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by klever18(m): 7:45pm On Jan 21, 2019
no wonder his followers his growing 9.1m on instagram.

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 21, 2019
Who else read the article, cause I had no idea what any of sentences or words meant.
Can any music person in the house explain??
Anyway davidos music has always struck me as Noise and shenaniganism

2 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by alfredilly: 7:47pm On Jan 21, 2019
aleniboro:
"Good " and "Global acceptability" are not the same. Those too songs have global acceptability. Ask anyone working at Geodis at South Brunswick. They will te you there are only two songs they know from Africa. Some did not even know where ot originated from. Good my foot. Good is relative mehn!
aleniboro:
"Good " and "Global acceptability" are not the same. Those too songs have global acceptability. Ask anyone working at Geodis at South Brunswick. They will te you there are only two songs they know from Africa. Some did not even know where ot originated from. Good my foot. Good is relative mehn!
Do you know the role of music? It is what it does to the sole and body. The love, the beauty, the memory and imagination. I love music and I am a supporter of positively evolving global music trends. Some Nigerian song originate out of desperation to break lose from poverty. Not that it is bad to strive but some of you know what is wrong with Nigerian music culture. They are fortunate the world now called them afrobeat. That has imparted a sort of identity that is necessary to bring it into global focus. But truth be told, afrobeat originated from Fela Kuti and it is in no way related to current hip hop. Nigerian hip hop singer are those who struggle to imitate American but ended up producing an odd version. Thank God the world is accepting it and yet that is where the madness is.

2 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by razible5384(m): 7:59pm On Jan 21, 2019
'IF' was once played at half time in a laliga game btw Barcelona an getafe a couple of years back

4 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by whytepawn1(m): 8:14pm On Jan 21, 2019
kally90:
First to comment.
seriously? what have you been smoking?
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by nickz(m): 8:20pm On Jan 21, 2019
fiercehillz:
Its a pity some of us love to run our artists down or underestimate them at will...but i see no reason a Davido's, Wizzy's or Mr. Easi's song can't be the biggest in the world...must every hit track sound like Diamond by Rihanna or Ed Sheeran's shape of you. If gangnam style, lolly pop by lil wayne, LMFAO's sexy and I know it, and Nikky Minaj's anaconda were worldwide hits then we have afrobeat songs from naija that can take over the world.
"shape of you" is actually the worst Ed Sheeran song I've ever heard. 'If' is a gazzillion times better than that crap!
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Originalsly: 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
EmagNig:

“To work the U.S. is big money — even getting music onto radio in New York alone might cost you upwards of $100 or $200 grand,” the Nigerian star Mr. Eazi explained to Rolling Stone last year. That’s another reason why, “at the end of the day, nobody has properly broken an African act in the U.S.”

It’s too early to tell if DaVido can establish a new path from Nigeria to the American airwaves — his team only recently started “attacking US radio properly,”

But there’s no denying that when listeners hear DaVido’s music, they are immediately compelled to figure out who sings it.

Don't like Davido as a person.... but Fall is being played here in NYC. If is not as widely played. But doubt whether Fall will outplay or outlast African Queen which will become a classic. Just hope Davido keeps it real.... and not like sooo many others... believe they have to imitate Americans to get the attention of Americans. Fall ... and therefore Davido....has crossed cultures.....all others are simply put...local champions.

3 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Fash20: 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
The lyrics suuuucks

2 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by durtman: 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2019
aleniboro:

Bros, I am a living witness in New Jersey here. At my place of work, the kokoyes, Haitians, Puerto Rico and Indinesian people only know "fall" and "if" from Nigeria. They can play it repeatedly from money till night. It is a good thing.

Likewise ATL 107.9 one day cant pass witout them playing it.
Pple from d islands like naija music haitians,pple from dominican replc,barbados,trinidad

3 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by ChiefAzubuike(f): 9:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
koboko69:

Its not exaggeration....
I live in Boston and hip hop stations play fall alot. It has been featured on count down several times. One anchor even uses the beats as his sound track when having his program. People even call in and say i dont know what tje heck that guy is saying but i cant help dance to it.
It's part of what we are saying. Fact that its played in Boston doesn't mean it's played everywhere. Who the fuk is davido in the USA? .
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by planetx: 9:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
Niggerians and exaggeration. Maybe its a few radio stations in New york, Chicago and those places where they have a high number of Africans but una go paint am as if its everywhere you go
Like it's been played in Montana or Idaho.
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by mhayorstically7(m): 9:56pm On Jan 21, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
mumu that article was from rolling stones digital magazine.. Saying what you don't know... Ptchew

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by koboko69: 10:00pm On Jan 21, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

It's part of what we are saying. Fact that its played in Boston doesn't mean it's played everywhere. Who the fuk is davido in the USA? .

Ok...bye
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by ChiefAzubuike(f): 10:05pm On Jan 21, 2019
koboko69:

Ok...bye
Who do you think you're talking to undecided
Do I look like your mate?
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by persius555(m): 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
I have always known Americans to be weirdos
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Jaqenhghar: 10:13pm On Jan 21, 2019
mhayorstically7:
mumu that article was from rolling stones digital magazine.. Saying what you don't know... Ptchew
You do have comprehension issues so it will be a waste asking you to reread the article. See how the m0ron was quick to shout rolling stones but cant point to anything the rolling stones said to refute my claim. Id really like to engage you but the question will be " to achieve what?"
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Jaqenhghar: 10:14pm On Jan 21, 2019
1shortblackboy:
i guess u dont know what rolling stones is

I dont. Tell me
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by encryptjay(m): 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2019
Confession time.
I downloaded Fall to must scrutinise and lambast it but after hearing it multiple times, I gree accustomed to it. The pon pon sound gives me joy sha.
A friend of mine that didn't like the song at first too danced to the song on the day he wrote his final exams grin

2 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Raph82(m): 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2019
The key word here is BE NATURAL. One thing that keeps this guy afloat is the fact that he's natural. You don't have to force yourself to sing with foreign accent before Americans can fall in love with your song. He was born in d US, but never force the accent on himself.

3 Likes

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by koboko69: 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Who do you think you're talking to undecided
Do I look like your mate?

Lol...clown.

Off course i nor be ur mate na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fraudster Opens Bank Account With Peter Okoye P-Square's Name (Photo) / Mercy Johnson & Husband Loved Up In New Photos / Kanye West Announces His Intention To Run For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.