Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report (36038 Views)

Enugu, Oyo Radio Stations Ban Naira Marley Songs Over Mohbad Death / DO YOU AGREE? Davido’s “fall” Is Bigger Than Olamide’s Entire Music Career (see / Davido's “Fall” Is 13th On US Urban Radio Chart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by vioment: 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2019
I no even know when i play that song last, if na kpa, supa woman, and odas, dat na yesterday.
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Hoodbilonia: 11:21pm On Jan 21, 2019
and so
abegi
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by henronelly: 11:37pm On Jan 21, 2019
Inferiority complex is your problem.Fall was in top 50 most played songs in USA for 2018
Jaqenhghar:
Niggerians and exaggeration. Maybe its a few radio stations in New york, Chicago and those places where they have a high number of Africans but una go paint am as if its everywhere you go

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Jaqenhghar: 11:58pm On Jan 21, 2019
henronelly:
Inferiority complex is your problem.Fall was in top 50 most played songs in USA for 2018
Whats inferiority complex again? You clearly dont know the meaning or know in what context it is being used. Pls take a seat before you hurt yourself.
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by 1shortblackboy: 3:00am On Jan 22, 2019
;
tfash96:
will u go sit down on top latrine
grin grin
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by jife(m): 4:09am On Jan 22, 2019
After using our sister Chioma's destiny to shine... angry angry sad
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Nobody: 4:43am On Jan 22, 2019
I like this style of music but it isnt really popular in the states yet. I live in the 16th largest city in the US and have never heard it on the radio. But the music industry in the US is money driven and corrupt. With time there will be more exposure. The worst thing he or any Afrobeat artist can do is Americanize this music. Let the music stay authentic and original, people will come. If hip hop gets ahold of it, it will be corrupted.
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by ifyalways(f): 5:20am On Jan 22, 2019
It do feel good to hear 9ja music outside the shores of Nigeria.

I was in a mall @ Seychelles Island and Tiwas music was blasting. I couldn't help but smile while swaying my old hip bones to the beat. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by anonymous96: 6:33am On Jan 22, 2019
Abagworo:

Many Nigerians are yet to realize that Davido is an American from Atlanta born to Nigerian parents.
No.he is a Nigerian born in America..Yah he is an american too but wen u say he is an american born to Nigerian parents, it means his parents were immigrants or something of sorts.There is a difference don't confuse it
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by mockingdove: 6:45am On Jan 22, 2019
This is a wizkid fan
Jaqenhghar:
Niggerians and exaggeration. Maybe its a few radio stations in New york, Chicago and those places where they have a high number of Africans but una go paint am as if its everywhere you go
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Jaqenhghar: 6:50am On Jan 22, 2019
mockingdove:
This is a wizkid fan
hahaha. nah. If you want to insult me pls do so properly.
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by MamaOO: 7:16am On Jan 22, 2019
ifyalways:

I was in a mall @ Seychelles Island and Tiwas music was blasting. I couldn't help but smile while swaying my old hip bones to the beat. cheesy
Same here. I was at the Apple store, in the mall and they were playing Mr. Eazi over the speakers. The other day too, it was Wizkid at the NYX store cheesy
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by TLION(m): 7:51am On Jan 22, 2019
gbosaa:

You are right, I can’t sing to save my life but it’s my opinion, that song ‘Fall’ SUCKS big time.
I’m not spoiling anyone’s work, not everyone will like it. He has got millions of people all over the world as fans and they like the music as well so no need for you to foam in the mouth.
His type of music is dumb in my opinion. If I was in a building and they start blasting that “ money fall and banana fall on you”, I’ll quietly disappear. That type of music and lyrics will traumatise me.
I love Timi Dakolo by the way and I don’t see any connection between his songs and Davido’s type of music.
Timi Dakolo is intelligent, sings intelligently, beautiful melody, good and very creative videos. He is one of the best contemporary Nigerian artistes I’ve listened to.

. Am not disputing the fact that is song is not dumb to you. but what I wanna ask you now is since Timi Dakolo is intelligent, sings intelligently and bla bla......why didn't they play is music over there and rate it how they rate Fall........see the problem of Nigeria is too big you don't need a cool music that's sounds like depression to soul? we need mad jam that's makes you forget sorrows....... and besides
since when you have been listening to good music self as it changed you or have you seen anyone that come.out to say oya ooh I heard one music today and I changed because of the music learn how how to appreciate your own people shey American no get people we dey sing � jagon......see likes of six9ine and the the rest but still we still have people who Sings cool music there so learn how to Appreciate your own thing if you hate it keep it in your mind and let people who likes it appricate it ?
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by jakandeola(m): 9:44am On Jan 22, 2019
ifyalways:

dear did u lived in America
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Ugosample(m): 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2019
fiercehillz:
Its a pity some of us love to run our artists down or underestimate them at will...but i see no reason a Davido's, Wizzy's or Mr. Easi's song can't be the biggest in the world...must every hit track sound like Diamond by Rihanna or Ed Sheeran's shape of you. If gangnam style, lolly pop by lil wayne, LMFAO's sexy and I know it, and Nikky Minaj's anaconda were worldwide hits then we have afrobeat songs from naija that can take over the world.

don't mind then

I hear Nigerian music even in places where I never thought I would
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Ugosample(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2019
Originalsly:

Don't like Davido as a person.... but Fall is being played here in NYC. If is not as widely played. But doubt whether Fall will outplay or outlast African Queen which will become a classic. Just hope Davido keeps it real.... and not like sooo many others... believe they have to imitate Americans to get the attention of Americans. Fall ... and therefore Davido....has crossed cultures.....all others are simply put...local champions.

what do you mean by "imitate" Americans? undecided

una sef don start again undecided
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by Ugosample(m): 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2019
Raph82:
The key word here is BE NATURAL. One thing that keeps this guy afloat is the fact that he's natural. You don't have to force yourself to sing with foreign accent before Americans can fall in love with your song. He was born in d US, but never force the accent on himself.

nothing wrong with an accent tho.

If you are good, you are good.

nothing wrong with an accent.
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by ulmaukpong(m): 11:28pm On Jan 22, 2019
Just to confirm, go to fall comment section and read the comment sections. You'll see the amount of new comments that rolled in the past few weeks all attributing their knowledge of the song to US radio
Jaqenhghar:
Re: Davido’s 'Fall' Is Taking Over Radio Stations In The US - Report by ifyalways(f): 6:34am On Jan 24, 2019
MamaOO:

Same here. I was at the Apple store, in the mall and they were playing Mr. Eazi over the speakers. The other day too, it was Wizkid at the NYX store cheesy
Lol
I basically rarely care about Nigerian musicians when I'm home. Well, except on special occasions but outside the shores of Nigeria , there's this feeling like "oh yes o, awon niyen" grin that rushes through my veins once I hear 9ja music. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nosa Rex And His Friends In Car Accident / Segun Arinze Celebrates 54th Birthday With New Pictures / Beverly Osu Flaunts Bikini Body In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.