Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

How To Identify A Hired Political Crowd. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Identify A Hired Political Crowd. (705 Views)

Nigerian Flags Sell For €7 In Poland As Others Try To Identify As Nigerians / Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians / 'We Were Hired By House of Reps Candidate' - Thug Confesses After Arrest. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify A Hired Political Crowd. by Joevics(m): 8:33pm On Jan 21, 2019
The practice of using money to get outside support to create the illusion of grassroots enthusiasm is a common practice in the Nigerian Political sector. What most don’t know however is that there are firms whose job is to recruit people for political rallies. These firms are quite secretive and work mostly based on recommendations. They have contacts in the local communities, amongst youths and women groups who recruit people for them in confidence.

This is not just limited to Nigeria; the trend is spreading across the world and was evident in the last US presidential election. Here are a few ways to identify a hired political crowd.

1. They wear political T-shirts with the inscription of the candidate –
I have attended several political gatherings, and I know that they don’t distribute T-shirts and caps at the gate. Hence, anyone who wears any political insignia had prior contact with the politicians and their party. Realizing this exposes their tactics, politicians now distribute caps instead of T-shirts for their rallies.

2. When you hardly find females amongst the crowd
This is the easiest way to know if they were hired or not. Look through the photo and check if you will see ladies (Women and girls) amongst the crowd. Getting guys in the streets, joints or schools is an easy feat. Just bring a bus and they will fill it up. (My friends in my undergraduate days did this several times).

This can't happen with ladies. Even runs girls won't enter such a bus. That's why you will see that most campaigns arenas are filled with guys.

Did you notice our protesters are mostly guys?

Sadly most guys don't come out to vote. Females are the highest voters. On the election day, they will either be playing or discussing girls. During the last presidential election, most of my neighbours didn't vote; they were outside analysing the election, while voting was ongoing. Their Wives and daughters voted.

3. People with placards
No right thinking person brings a banner to a stadium. Would you write out a placard when going for a campaign? Most banners displayed in political rallies are organised by the rally coordinators and handed to the paid actors. You just have to scream and show emotion. Next time you are watching a political rally, take a closer look at those waving placards and banners, there is a greater chance they are paid, actors.

4. The same pattern of behaviour
In every political gathering, there are your supporters, few of your opposition who came to watch and then those who are undecided. In a case where 100% of the people in the crowd are dancing, then something is fishy. Not everyone likes to dance or shout violently, so if you notice everyone acting in the same manner, then there is something motivating them.

What do you think? Do you agree that Nigerian politicians hire crowds?

1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Hired Political Crowd. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2019
I hold ur analysis
Re: How To Identify A Hired Political Crowd. by TMKsouth: 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
Was expecting a list of things to look out for, instead just got one flawed point. Judging by the pic u provided in your argument I also wouldn't want to be a woman in the midst of that chaos, scuffling and anticipated hooliganism.

Interesting topic though.

4 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Hired Political Crowd. by senatordave1(m): 11:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
Joevics:
I have seen a lot of "massive crowd" from the PDP and APC camps. However a quick analysis of the photos will show that most of these are hired, and the participants may not necessarily partake in the election.

How do you identify a hired crowd?
look through the photo and check if you will find females amongst the crowd. This is the easiest way to know if they were hired or not. Its easy to get guys in the streets, joints or school.s Just bring a bus and they will filll it up. (my friends did this so many times in school).

This can't happen with females. Even runs girls won't enter such a buses. That's why you will see that most campaigns arenas are filled with guys.
Because they are easy to buy.

Did you notice our US protesters are mostly guys?

Sadly most guys don't vote. Females are the highest voters. On the elction day, most guys will either be playing or discussing football and girls, only a few will come out to vote.
However, women, girls and older men will troop out to vote.

Last presidential election, majority of my neighbors didn't vote, they were outside analyzing the election while voting was ongoing. Their Wives and daughters voted.

Also women are more loyal than guys in politics, if you can get a woman's assurance to vote for you, then they will surely vote for you. However, guys can swear to vote for you and an hour later vote anyone that gives them money.

Compare Akpabios campaign and that of Udom Emmanuel and you will realize what I'm saying. There are lot of female groups in Udom's camp, while the Akpabio crowd is filled with guys.

Well, February is already here. Vote don't fight...
Oga,sharrap.are you for real.akpabio is like buhari in akwa ibom,he pulls crowd naturally.you dont know how to identify simple rented crowd.using akwa ibom totally exposedy you,you ended up saying nothing.
The major ways to detect rented crowds is through their dressings.any crowd that is mostly on matching outfits and colorful attires are purely rented,they were arranged days before.a real crowd looks disorganized,tattered and unruly.you can see the northern crowds.all udom crowds are purely hired
Re: How To Identify A Hired Political Crowd. by senatordave1(m): 11:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
Joevics:
I have seen a lot of "massive crowd" from the PDP and APC camps. However a quick analysis of the photos will show that most of these are hired, and the participants may not necessarily partake in the election.

How do you identify a hired crowd?
look through the photo and check if you will find females amongst the crowd. This is the easiest way to know if they were hired or not. Its easy to get guys in the streets, joints or school.s Just bring a bus and they will filll it up. (my friends did this so many times in school).

This can't happen with females. Even runs girls won't enter such a buses. That's why you will see that most campaigns arenas are filled with guys.
Because they are easy to buy.

Did you notice our US protesters are mostly guys?

Sadly most guys don't vote. Females are the highest voters. On the elction day, most guys will either be playing or discussing football and girls, only a few will come out to vote.
However, women, girls and older men will troop out to vote.

Last presidential election, majority of my neighbors didn't vote, they were outside analyzing the election while voting was ongoing. Their Wives and daughters voted.

Also women are more loyal than guys in politics, if you can get a woman's assurance to vote for you, then they will surely vote for you. However, guys can swear to vote for you and an hour later vote anyone that gives them money.

Compare Akpabios campaign and that of Udom Emmanuel and you will realize what I'm saying. There are lot of female groups in Udom's camp, while the Akpabio crowd is filled with guys.

Well, February is already here. Vote don't fight...
Oga,sharrap.are you for real.akpabio is like buhari in akwa ibom,he pulls crowd naturally.you dont know how to identify simple rented crowd.using akwa ibom totally exposedy you,you ended up saying nothing.
The major ways to detect rented crowds is through their dressings.any crowd that is mostly on matching outfits and colorful attires are purely rented,they were arranged days before.a real crowd looks disorganized,tattered and unruly.you can see the northern crowds.all udom crowds are purely hired.even akpabio greatest critics will agree that he's a crowd puller

(1) (Reply)

Agbekoya Backs Buhari For Second Term. / US Lawyers Charge President Buhari & Buratai To The ICC In The Hague / I'd Prefer To Sell The Refineries - Ibeh Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.