Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? (39162 Views)

Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative / Jack Dorsey Launches Bluesky Social, New Social Network / Which Earpiece Are You Currently Using And How Much Did You Buy It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by Binidefender: 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2019
phonedaddy:
Do you know what the white or black stripes on your headphones or earpiece jack do ?

These mostly are on the jack that enter into your smartphone or music devices. Mostly they are white or dark rings that might look like something meant for decoration. They serve the purpose of protecting the wire that transmits sound to the headphones or earpiece. They are usually two to three rings, one for the left headphone/earpiece and the other for the right and the last is neutral.

In order words, those stripes act as insulators, each one of the white or black band is a contact for a certain wire. One will be left speaker, one will be right speaker, one will be the microphone, and one will be the ground wire. The stripes keep the wires insulated from one another.

http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/687/967946

Do u know what your peniz cap does
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by Osyxcel(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Two rings: no microphone
Three rings: microphone

This is even more relevant than what is up there, as most people don't know this.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by xtophy1(m): 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2019
This is actually very wrong
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by Olayinka777(m): 8:21pm On Jan 22, 2019
truecommerce358:
I have known this since the days of workman, well, some people don't.
The correct word is "WALKMAN" Good old days when men were boys!
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by Platony(m): 8:42pm On Jan 22, 2019
Knowledge is Power indeed.......

Thats how a friend of ours was arguing abt different types of TVs & their sizes d other day during one of our gatherings...

He was seriously saying d one we're watching at dat moment was HDMI TV because its BIG shocked.
D most annoying part is, d guy is a graduate. cry

I was lyk "WTF"?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by Hoodbilonia: 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2019
africa is cursed
do ppl still use wired headset

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by joepepsy(m): 8:48pm On Jan 22, 2019
I tire oo
JohnsonG:
Earpiece is too cheap to repair na..
please allow sellers to sell

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by CaptainStephen(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2019
well I never knew this
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by ADRIAN88(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2019
Thanks oh! Op! Very grateful! But i'm more interested in why one ear suddenly stops working after two weeks please?

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by Daevid(m): 8:54pm On Jan 22, 2019
In a Jack cable the separations might also mean mono or stereo output

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by sureteeboy(m): 8:58pm On Jan 22, 2019
troubleseller:
But this one still dey happen after all the white and black whatever
Low quality Chinese Earphones. (As regarding the picture you uploaded) Get a quality earpiece on Aliexpress and see wonders

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by SmithRussell(m): 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2019
BearHugss:
People repair earpiece
?
Why not?? I've been repairing my earpiece for more that 13years now. . grin grin
Repairin don easy now; back then the GND was not insulated and the L and R na one red insulated strip; very easy to break. .

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by ewizard1: 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2019
So I have "Earpiece Repair Goons" on this forum? I have been laffing at people asking if people repair earpiece. I've being doing that shiii since the days of Palito FM radios. The days when earpiece has just 2 strands of wires in each rubber hose. Red and Yellow coated wires.

Some people would look at me and ask if I am that broke to buy another earpiece, I'll be like "oga, this thing is passion" lolz.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by ewizard1: 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2019
SmithRussell:
Why not?? I've been repairing my earpiece for more that 13years now. . grin grin
Repairin don easy now; back then the GND was not insulated and the L and R na one red insulated strip; very easy to break. .
Correct guy! grin
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by troubleseller: 9:02pm On Jan 22, 2019
sureteeboy:

Low quality Chinese Earphones. (As regarding the picture you uploaded) Get a quality earpiece on Aliexpress and see wonders
Are the ones on Alliexpress not Chinese?
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by ewizard1: 9:04pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
africa is cursed
do ppl still use wired headset

Cursed? That's kinda improper.

One thing is, you can never compare the output production of a wired headset to a wireless. Wired headset delivers the full audio!!!

Same way a wired mouse would be more effective than a wireless one.

Wired - Full and Direct link.
Wireless - Radio signals would fail at one point in time.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by johnwell(m): 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2019
MKULTRA:
No be anyhow earpiece bro
We dey talk of earpiece wey go be like say you dey studio....plus they don't come cheap.

You are.correct, my apple device earpiece went bad, as I visit their shop for replacement they told me 15000, I hurriedly work on the bad one, it has serve me with one ear for six months now
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by MissJoy29(f): 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Thank you for this info. As an earpiece freak, I'm glad I know this now.
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by MissJoy29(f): 9:07pm On Jan 22, 2019
Platony:
Knowledge is Power indeed.......

Thats how a friend of ours was arguing abt different types of TVs & their sizes d other day during one of our gatherings...

He was seriously saying d one we're watching at dat moment was HDMI TV because its BIG shocked.
D most annoying part is, d guy is a graduate. cry

I was lyk "WTF"?? undecided
That's crazy! Lol

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by sureteeboy(m): 9:08pm On Jan 22, 2019
troubleseller:
Are the ones on Alliexpress not Chinese?
Yea, they are. But the quality are different from the ones you'll get around you here. My #1,700 JBM earpiece is 4 months plus and still working as new. My #3,500 Rock Zircon earpiece is almost a month old now, and it works perfectly till date. And, did I mention the sound quality? They are just insane. Depending on your budget, you can either of those, or purchase a Mext M5 earpiece for about 6000, or simply a KZ ES 4 for just #4,800

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by wellmax(m): 9:11pm On Jan 22, 2019
PotatoSalad:
One ring: mono ear piece
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by jaszplus12(m): 9:12pm On Jan 22, 2019
truecommerce358:
I have known this since the days of workman, well, some people don't.
Walkman sir...not work man!
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by OrgasmGiver(m): 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
ewizard1:
So I have "Earpiece Repair Goons" on this forum? I have been laffing at people asking if people repair earpiece. I've being doing that shiii since the days of Palito FM radios. The days when earpiece has just 2 strands of wires in each rubber hose. Red and Yellow coated wires.

Some people would look at me and ask if I am that broke to buy another earpiece, I'll be like "oga, this thing is passion" lolz.
u nor b small pikin. Palito fm. Black with 3 tiny buttons
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by ceaser: 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2019
PotatoSalad:

You didn't quite get it.

2 metal rings: One earpiece
3 metal rings: Stereo earphones/headphones
4 metal rings: With microphone plus/minus control buttons.
By convention, the most proximal metal ring i.e farthest away from the tip is the common lead.
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by litaninja(m): 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2019
You put up an entire post for this?
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by ewizard1: 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2019
OrgasmGiver:
u nor b small pikin. Palito fm. Black with 3 tiny buttons
grin grin grin If you sabi am sef, welcome to the Papa's Club. I love this design more. grin

4 Likes

Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by PotatoSalad(m): 9:27pm On Jan 22, 2019
ceaser:

You didn't quite get it.

2 metal rings: One earpiece
3 metal rings: Stereo earphones/headphones
4 metal rings: With microphone plus/minus control buttons.
By convention, the most proximal metal ring i.e farthest away from the tip is the common lead.
I just summarised OP's post in two sentences
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by DaySpringer: 9:34pm On Jan 22, 2019
MKULTRA:
No be anyhow earpiece bro
We dey talk of earpiece wey go be like say you dey studio....plus they don't come cheap.

So if one side stops working, without any structural damage, then it's from these rings?
Re: Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? by DeepNuggets: 9:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
phonedaddy:
Do you know what the white or black stripes on your headphones or earpiece jack do ?

These mostly are on the jack that enter into your smartphone or music devices. Mostly they are white or dark rings that might look like something meant for decoration. They serve the purpose of protecting the wire that transmits sound to the headphones or earpiece. They are usually two to three rings, one for the left headphone/earpiece and the other for the right and the last is neutral.

In order words, those stripes act as insulators, each one of the white or black band is a contact for a certain wire. One will be left speaker, one will be right speaker, one will be the microphone, and one will be the ground wire. The stripes keep the wires insulated from one another.

http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/687/967946

Fake earphones have only 2 rings

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Worth ₦900,000/$1,999 / Iphone VS Blackberry VS Andriod Users (hilarious Pic) / What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.