Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Scammed By A Nairalander! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scammed By A Nairalander! (621 Views)

Man Scammed By Fake Bank Representatives Who Promised 1 Million - Pictures / How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) / I have been Scammed by Austin Chukuma (Nairaland @Drisklef) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scammed By A Nairalander! by Profitsng(m): 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
I Had a deal to sell a phone to a guy who was interested and sent me a message on whats-app showing his interest regarding the phone i had to sell.

We then fixed a meeting at Mr biggs (just after Just-rite supermarket @ Iyana ipaja),
he checked the phone and all was OK,

Time to make payment, he told his friend to make a transfer to me and he did, then he got debited but i was not credited,
Hoping it was network issue, Thinking that i will get it before i get home, so i left, got home on Saturday and didn't get the alert till Sunday, then chatted the guy up and next thing was for him to block me on whats-app, cos he stopped picking my calls since Saturday night,

So at this point i knew i have been scammed of 40k meant for the payment of the phone he bought from me.
The guy Number is : 07016986480.

Will be glad if anything can be done to track him down and make him pay me the 40k for the phone.
Thanks..
Re: Scammed By A Nairalander! by Larryfest(m): 10:48pm On Jan 22, 2019
Haba the guy no try at all but you sef dey somehow, how could you have just accepted that it was network probs considering the guy na complete stranger that you were meeting for the first time even with all we read on nairaland this days

1 Like

Re: Scammed By A Nairalander! by Profitsng(m): 10:52pm On Jan 22, 2019
Larryfest:
Haba the guy no try at all but you sef dey somehow, how could you have just accepted that it was network probs considering the guy na complete stranger that you were meeting for the first time even with all we read on nairaland this days
Yea, i accept i am at fault, but i did so cos i saw the debit alert on his own end, And i believed he had Made the transfer.

But NO.

and on the other Hand, even if he did it but later Got a Reversal, he decided to pocket the money and keep mute by blocking me on whatsapp and stopped picking my calls.
Re: Scammed By A Nairalander! by LuciferVirgin: 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2019
Profitsng:
I Had a deal to sell a phone to a guy who was interested and sent me a message on whats-app showing his interest regarding the phone i had to sell.

We then fixed a meeting at Mr biggs (just after Just-rite supermarket @ Iyana ipaja),

Time to make payment, he told his friend to make a transfer to me and he did, then he got debited but i was not credited,
Hoping it was network issue, Thinking that i will get it before i get home, so i left, got home on Saturday and didn't get the alert till Sunday, then chatted the guy up and next thing was for him to block me on whats-app, cos he stopped picking my calls since Saturday night,

So at this point i knew i have been scammed of 40k meant for the payment of the phone he bought from me.

Will be glad if anything can be done to track him down and make him pay me the 40k for the phone.
Thanks..

How are we sure he is a nairalander?
Don't you know guests read here too?
Even if he is, do you know his moniker?
No.

Let's analyse this;
A total stranger. You didn't get a credit alert. No pictures. No names or means of identification.
And you were walking home contented grin without your laptop or money?

Your stupidity deserves a medal.

*spits angry

5 Likes

Re: Scammed By A Nairalander! by Profitsng(m): 11:19pm On Jan 22, 2019
LuciferVirgin:

How are we sure he is a nairalander?
Don't you know guests read here too?
Even if he is, do you know his moniker?
No.

Let's analyse this;
A total stranger. You didn't get a credit alert. No pictures. No names or means of identification.
And you were walking home contented grin without your laptop or money?

Your stupidity deserves a medal.

*spits angry
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Scammed By A Nairalander! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2019
No matter the kind of abuse you received from your parents as a child.

When it comes to money, man up and speak your mind. You were not satisfied when the credit alert failed to show. But you passively waived it.

You made excuses for the fraudster. You were being nice and would not bear to hurt his feelings.

Whose feelings are hurt now? Who has been defrauded Now?

You. Next time... Without an authentic proof of payment don't assume payment has been made.

You're not father Christmas!

1 Like

Re: Scammed By A Nairalander! by Profitsng(m): 11:23pm On Jan 22, 2019
TarOrfeek:

When it comes to money, man up and speak your mind. You were not satisfied when the credit alert failed to show. But you passively waived it.

You made excuses for the fraudster. You were being nice and would not bear to hurt his feelings.

You. Next time... Without an authentic proof of payment don't assume payment has been made.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Scammed By A Nairalander! by Mikora: 11:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
Profitsng:

undecided undecided undecided undecided
That guy just told you the plain truth. You have no one to blame but your own foolishness. Are you a kid that you will just trust a stranger like that with all the stories we have everywhere about things like this? Well it has happened and I will just advise you to leak your wounds and learn a lesson from this
Re: Scammed By A Nairalander! by Profitsng(m): 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2019
Mikora:

That guy just told you the plain truth. You have no one to blame but your own foolishness. Are you a kid that you will just trust a stranger like that with all the stories we have everywhere about things like this? Well it has happened and I will just advise you to leak your wounds and learn a lesson from this
Not disputing what he said.
and didn't post for insults,
Just posted so Others can learn.
Re: Scammed By A Nairalander! by sonature1: 12:40am On Jan 23, 2019
Profitsng:

Thanks..

Since you have his number, there's a glimmer of hope. If you have a friend who is a real police officer (or soldier), tell him the story.

As long as the fraudstar still answers his calls, the officer can call him to threaten him. Order him to report to his station or face whatever he sees upon failing to show up. I have seen this work. Just pray it does.

Alternatively, u can use his number to add him on Facebook if possible and track him or his friends from there.

Good luck and make sure u learn your lesson!
Re: Scammed By A Nairalander! by Stocking: 12:55am On Jan 23, 2019
TarOrfeek:

Lol. Can you imagine he is even saying there was probably a reversal of the transaction and the sender decided to pocket the money .
Lmfao .
Dude doesn’t know about fake alarts

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fruit Juice Production In Nigeria / Global Oil Company, Exxonmobil Set To Leave Nigeria For Good / Amazon Sellers, Pls Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.