Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku (23515 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR / Cherubim And Seraphim Members Welcome Obasanjo To US With Music Band (VIDEO) / Ask Obasanjo To Refund $16bn Spent On Power - Oshiomhole Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by bedspread: 9:07am On Jan 23, 2019
anonymous1759:
Useless old man.. Did macron, Trump, Edogan, Obama, Angela Markel came to market themselves to Africa before they became president? Why must Africa leaders stoop so low for the international community... If we're not ready to Govern ourselves or stay independent we should call them back to colonize us.

Africa leaders are the reason the international community interfere in our affairs and also don't value us.. When you give someone too much importantance you Automatically loose your respect.

Obj traveled a lot when he was in office, GEJ did the same thing, PMB, the same And Atiku also going to the United States to prove a point. Obama didn't visit Nigeria for once i don't think Trump will...

Putin and Trump meet on Nuetral ground to show you they've Pride. But Africa leaders traveling upanda like they have no sense of Direction.

They are the ones that Finance a whole lot of things in Africa...

Until the African leaders begin to work out things inwards... that's how it will be...
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by bedspread: 9:12am On Jan 23, 2019
awelekiti:
The only detribalised leader I've ever known in Nigeria is obasanjo. He was tagged president of the igbos and northerners during his tenure as president by my people. They didn't even vote him the first time in 1999. Here is same man who was defending buhari in 2015 all over the world, repairing his damaged reputations and lack of respect for the rule of law which truncated his government in the 80s rebranding him as a true democrat in the western world which led to waiver on his ban by the USA for his stance on religious and ethnic violence in Nigeria. Now, obj is defending another northerner again cos he's seen that buhari obvuously has got nothing to offer, just like GEJ. Gej we were castigating then even did far more than buhari did. Most of his projects...If not all, are what the apc is counting on, as their performance. If not the corruption which marred Jonathan's government and his nonchalance on tackling it, he'd probably have been the best president Nigeria ever had, given those massive projects he orchestrated and executed to some stages.

Be that as it may, politics is all about interests. In as much as the ruling party has been busy attacking baba lately , I'd rather advise they ponder on the message instead of attacking the messenger. Nigerians are crying, the economy isn't working and no investors are coming in . Our debt profile is alarming, insecurity is massive and boko haram keeps spreading like wild fire. How i wish the war had raged like this while obj was in office. We wouldn't have heard about boko haram anymore because he'd have treated their fuckup, as he did their leader back then. Buhari can't say he doesn't know their sponsor...why is he not fishing them out and prosecuting them? Buhari is leaving leprosy and busy treating eczema.until their sponsors are prosecuted and their sources of funds are blocked, boko haram can never be defeated. The federal government controls the central bank, the commercial banks they find it easy to block the accounts of the opposition members in less than 1 hour but has failed to do so to boko haram sponsors who also operate accounts with our local banks. Foreign transactions are always being monitored by the CBN. They ship their amunition into Nigeria through same nigerian ports. I remember a day we moved funds overseas and our account officer typed an acronym. Instead of writing it in full, he just put the abbreviation under payment transfer purpose. Our payment was blocked immediately...taking us 2 months to get it sorted with the CBN. They say the acronym was similar to a blacklisted terrorist organisation globally. We almost lost that deal because we supplied behind schedule. I believe our government knows what they're doing and if they fail to act now, they're merely postponing the evils day and it's the posterity that would suffer it. Boko haram are now extending their base to the north west and north central. Our government have called them different names to deceive Nigerians, except me. They started by saying they're cattle rustlers when they first hit zamfara and my question then was...How many cows do they have in zamfara that I visit regularly? Later, they said they're herdsmen in the middle belt and now, they're called armed bandits meanwhile, it's same boko haram. Nobody is above the law. Nigerians should get serious about this and stop being sentimental. Good morning Nigerians.
GOD BLESS YOU

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by Asshurbanipall: 9:12am On Jan 23, 2019
Cool
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by Gt321(m): 9:13am On Jan 23, 2019
almayda:
International communities will come and vote,will instruct INEC on how to rig in favour of Atiku,will tell madam Amina to support their cause and when PMB finally wins,the will come from all over Europe and America to forcefully remove him...scarcity of intelligence is mounting,I hope PMB is not the cause.
You just display highly level of madness. I wish you speedy recovery.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by jelel6: 9:17am On Jan 23, 2019
Well, it looks like a lot of people will be demystified after February 16 elections.

I really don't know what Obasanjo's ego is really telling him. Personally, I think he's one of those people who you can describe as been loathe at home but revered away from home. He has been able to maintain a good rapport with the elites in this country and the international community over the years but has no relationship, none whatsoever, with the common man in the streets.

He wants to lobby for Atiku abroad? How's that going to increase his acceptance here in Nigeria?
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by Randy100: 9:19am On Jan 23, 2019
faaz24:
What is it with these foreign tours, are the foreigners coming to vote.

Obj should thread softly, he is on a lose-lose situation. If Atiku should win ehn, I think he will write another book from prison
When a boy in mid 20 talks, you will know.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by hush15: 9:21am On Jan 23, 2019
bedspread:
This is why I say it's Criminal to Compare Pa Obasanjo to Chief Tinubu...

There is no Comparison at all...

While One is a Man of Influence, Nationally and Internationally

The other is More of a Lagos Politician....

Lemme further your gospel jare, i use to have my issues with Obj till he came for the christ embassy crossover service. i heard him speak passionately about africa, he was very eloquent, still full of energy and understood that this man has strong affiliation across africa. All he communicated that night was not from any book or written speech but from hos deep. The whole arena got up and was applauding him. and i wondered, this man sha... that night, i realized that no matter what i thought about him, i must give to obj that which belongs to obj which is the respect he deserves. At his age and with his affluence, he is a nothing to loose so he say and does it as it is.

Back to politics, For Obj to support Atiku to Buhari as at today should gives an idea of the bigger threat. And let no man make any mistake, that man is very formidable. He is a man that pursue thing passionately. He will see to it. The only thing that needs to be done is to ensure a free and credible election and am sure the persuasion of foreign allies would increasingly ensure that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by lagdmark(m): 9:26am On Jan 23, 2019
bedspread:
This is why I say it's Criminal to Compare Pa Obasanjo to Chief Tinubu...

There is no Comparison at all...

While One is a Man of Influence, Nationally and Internationally

The other is More of a Lagos Politician....
Tinubu is only NURTW life patron in Lagos a local Champion.
OBJ a general and 2x head of state.+ other international Duties.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by InvertedHammer: 9:26am On Jan 23, 2019
helinues:
Lol

EU, UN, US are now Nigerians that will vote?

Hillary was marketed all over the world than this , she still lost to Trump.

Anyways Ebele to him
/
Nigerian leaders take orders from the West.

That's why their trips to London or USA is always a big deal.

The sooner you realize that you are all modern day slaves, the less the pain. If you piss them off, they will knock your currency down to $1 == N1,000. And there is nothing you can do about it.

grin grin grin

/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 23, 2019
AllenSpencer:
Obasanjo's fall is inevitable

But he is already old, he has nothing to lose

Buhari will flaw OBJ

He thinks Buhari is like puppets like GEJ and Yar Adua.

He will be white washed....

Lol do buhari supporters even know what they say? I don't want to use the z word. you don't know the meaning of white wash obviously. probably you heard if from a chief zombie, and started saying it anyhow. LMAO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by BabaO2: 9:32am On Jan 23, 2019
Nothing he can do, Obasanjo has not such power to influence UN, EU not even AU. At present, Buhari is the symbol of Nigeria, he is more important and respected than Obasanjo at this moment.
White people and world leaders don't tolerate crudeness and repeated inconsistencies. Obasanjo's arrogancy and complexity will surely destroy him completely, he has made repeated serious criminal pronouncements on Atiku and he's struggling to change it suddenly. No sensible leaders of the word will take him serious.
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by bedspread: 9:35am On Jan 23, 2019
hush15:

Lemme further your gospel jare, i use to have my issues with Obj till he came for the christ embassy crossover service. i heard him speak passionately about africa, he was very eloquent, still full of energy and understood that this man has strong affiliation across africa. All he communicated that night was not from any book or written speech but from hos deep. The whole arena got up and was applauding him. and i wondered, this man sha... that night, i realized that no matter what i thought about him, i must give to obj that which belongs to obj which is the respect he deserves. At his age and with his affluence, he is a nothing to loose so he say and does it as it is.

Back to politics, For Obj to support Atiku to Buhari as at today should gives an idea of the bigger threat. And let no man make any mistake, that man is very formidable. He is a man that pursue thing passionately. He will see to it. The only thing that needs to be done is to ensure a free and credible election and am sure the persuasion of foreign allies would increasingly ensure that.

The Man loves Nigeria.. He might not be a Saint but He is a vessel that will produce the Real leadership in Nigeria...

I don't see Atiku as that Destination but He is a part to that Destination....

I see Atiku as a man to prepare the way...

Pa Obj has a target.

If the likes of Sowore,Tambuwal, Saraki, Hakeem, Obi should compose themselves... they hv a future as President of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by kareemkamil(m): 9:38am On Jan 23, 2019
If he likes he should visit hell, Buhari till 2023
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by hush15: 9:40am On Jan 23, 2019
bedspread:

The Man loves Nigeria.. He might not be a Saint but He is a vessel that will produce the Real leadership in Nigeria...

I don't see Atiku as that Destination but He is a part to that Destination....

I see Atiku as a man to prepare the way...

Pa Obj has a target.

If the likes of Sowore,Tambuwal, Saraki, Hakeem, Obi should compose themselves... they hv a future as President of Nigeria

Are you minding those Sowores and co, i like them so people dont get it wrong and i want what they want but they dont understand. They think they can wrestle buhari, people that has not even sealed their senatorial territory or a single state. They think Presidency is where it all ends but they forfot the only reason why buhari is still in aso rock is because his party still forms the majority in the NASS... Saraki is still there because the APC dont have the numbers too to get rid of him. So them that any candidate there and most of them cant think like Sowore cos of what they already used and its not long before he starts getting them irritated with his none calm approach.

Neway, make i no talk much story. Atiku is a means to the next means and if they want their chance at this, they nees Atiku else they have to be paying homage to tinubu is they ever want to be part of the nigeria project forever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by AllenSpencer: 9:46am On Jan 23, 2019
ikennaf1:

Lol do buhari supporters even know what they say? I don't want to use the z word. you don't know the meaning of white wash obviously. probably you heard if from a chief zombie, and started saying it anyhow. LMAO

You have Malaria
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by FFun: 9:50am On Jan 23, 2019
handie:
If he like let him go to the moon to canvass support for Atiku. Na the foreigners wan come vote? February 18/19 will show this man that no man is God..... Respect to Yakubu Gowon, Abdusalami Abubakar and others who have stayed apolitical
E pain am��� grin grin grin cheesy
Shebi una said ebora owu is not relevant again... He cant even win his poling unit according to zombie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by hunri(m): 9:58am On Jan 23, 2019
Buharari or Buhari
IS AN ILLITERATE.... A REAL PUPPET OKAY.
AllenSpencer:
Obasanjo's fall is inevitable

But he is already old, he has nothing to lose

Buhari will flaw OBJ

He thinks Buhari is like puppets like GEJ and Yar Adua.

He will be white washed....
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by sharpwriter(m): 9:59am On Jan 23, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
Nigerian leaders take orders from the West.

That's why their trips to London or USA is always a big deal.

The sooner you realize that you are all modern day slaves, the less the pain. If you piss them off, they will knock your currency down to $1 == N1,000. And there is nothing you can do about it.

grin grin grin

/

Hahaha hahaha cheesy
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by anigbajumo(m): 10:00am On Jan 23, 2019
kabrudrapist:
Good. APC will regret the day they underestimted the ebora of owu.

Sir,OBJ will regret his action just bookmark this page..
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by imoikoko: 10:01am On Jan 23, 2019
If this is true then it is most insulting to us as Nigerians. They better bring those people to come and vote for them. Did USA call or approach us for their last election? Colo mentality.
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by jelel6: 10:05am On Jan 23, 2019
hush15:

Bro, I cannot really disagree with what you said in your first paragraph because it's merely a position you took after witnessing OBJ speak in a religious gathering. He knows so much about African politics, he's exposed internationally and he's a good orator, and many more.

But OBJ is an ELITE. And as all things Elite, they only resonate in the Elite World. He's who can help navigate Atiku's candidacy in Elite world. He can help Atiku win Party tickets, broker peace deals and meetings, sneak Atiku into the US, get Atiku to address the AU, get Buhari to dine with Atiku, But Obasanjo can never get Nigerians to dine with Atiku because he's not, and never was a local politician

How's OBJ going to influence people in Otta farm vote Atiku talk less of people in the north? Obasanjo can support whomever he pleases. He didn't make Jonathan lose the 2015 elections. He didn't make Buhari Win. It's better to have his support don't get me wrong. But Obasanjo cannot make or Mar the Chances of either Buhari or Atiku to be frank because he cannot influence even his immediate family to follow his cue.

I'm hoping for a free and credible elections too. However, It's obvious you can never get the free and fair elections you're praying for because you believe Atiku losing is not a possibility.
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by themanderon: 10:07am On Jan 23, 2019
Foolish Nigerians think its them that decides who becomes President of their country. Boy have I got news for you. Your foreign overlords are actually the deciding factors for whoever rules the shithole.
Do you actually think without their support PDP would have ever thought of handing over power to the opposition much less a man like buhari?
You are actually on a very long thing. Your votes has never and will never count as there are powerful forces behind the scene both local and international that decides who rules you. Just watch and see how the elections will play out.
You think those people junketing up and down to foreign lands are just going for Christmas pudding? No, they actually know what's up while you the simpletons have been made to believe your votes count.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by jaxxy(m): 10:09am On Jan 23, 2019
helinues:
Lol

EU, UN, US are now Nigerians that will vote?

Hillary was marketed all over the world than this , she still lost to Trump.

Anyways Ebele to him

Hillary lost for certain controversial reasons and cos trump had a different focus for the country people bought into not because she was marketed abroad. Growing economies need the right foreign investment and expertise. Look at Dubai then look at Nigeria again.
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by RTSC: 10:10am On Jan 23, 2019
Jiang:

Jonathan lost because the north completely refused to vote for him Not because of some foreign abracadabra, Just tell ur foreign gods they got no power for the north, after all compared to Atiku, PMB is the lesser evil.

In the north we don't believe any human being is better than us
Given the pathetic way your northern leaders regard you people, I believe the reverse is the case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by kernel001: 10:10am On Jan 23, 2019
handie:
If he like let him go to the moon to canvass support for Atiku. Na the foreigners wan come vote? February 18/19 will show this man that no man is God..... Respect to Yakubu Gowon, Abdusalami Abubakar and others who have stayed apolitical

You didn't ask Obasanjo to stay apolitical when he endorsed Buhari, right? Shame to to two-faced individuals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by dokie: 10:18am On Jan 23, 2019
WritePal:
At present, if OBJ backs you, you will win. Buhari and GEJ knows it. Obj has too much international connection and support to make things happen.

Atiku is winning. cheesy

My question is how?
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by Krakboi(m): 10:22am On Jan 23, 2019
As in ehn! It's really building up to an interesting finale
hucienda:
hmmm ... be like say Atiku fit win dis tin.
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by hisexcellency34: 10:22am On Jan 23, 2019
Ask Jonathan, Buhari and others he backed

dokie:

My question is how?
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by omobaba1759: 10:35am On Jan 23, 2019
SMH. come think of it, if the foreigner are not important in all our elections why would he bother himself going there to sell his candidate to them. There many things we don't know that is going on behind the scene .
handie:
Re: Obasanjo To Embark On Foreign Tour For Atiku by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 23, 2019
RTSC:

Given the pathetic way your northern leaders regard you people, I believe the reverse is the case.

I don't give a crap about ur perception

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oluremi Tinubu: We Have Tried Muslim-christian, Let Us Try This One Too / 2023: Why Tinubu Is Best Choice For Nigeria - Bimbo Akintola / Why Tinubu Was Absent From APC NEC Meeting - Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.