Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Nigeria Immigration Officer Please Answer This Question - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Immigration Officer Please Answer This Question (639 Views)

Nigeria Immigration Arrests Nine Illegal Immigrants Heading To Libya From Kano8 / Nigeria Immigration Receives 50,000 Passport Booklets, Task Force Sent To Lagos / Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Immigration Officer Please Answer This Question by Atigba: 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2019
My current passport would expire a year and six months from now.

I presently want to renew it, despite the fact that the date of expiration is still far. I need it to get 2 years permit in where I currently reside.

I want to know if is possible.

Advice please
Re: Nigeria Immigration Officer Please Answer This Question by lamidex(m): 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2019
Where do you reside?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Officer Please Answer This Question by Atigba: 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2019
lamidex:
Where do you reside?

Europe
Re: Nigeria Immigration Officer Please Answer This Question by femijck(m): 4:07am On Jan 24, 2019
Do u really need a new passport now? I may be wrong but you can apply with your current passport, and when it expires, get a new one and apply for transfer of visa label to the new one. Your visa is still valid even when the passport expires. U just need a valid passport to make international travel out of where u stay.

Although I have seen cases where embassy could not issue visa beyond the passport validity. Instead of 1yr, I think they gave the guy 10 months or so but why not check with the country’s immigration first and ask same question.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Officer Please Answer This Question by tunyuz(m): 6:34am On Jan 24, 2019
Hello! Please my passport will expire June this year. Can I apply for a visa with it this month or I should get a new one? Thanx as I await your response.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Officer Please Answer This Question by ifyalways(f): 6:36am On Jan 24, 2019
tunyuz:
Hello! Please my passport will expire June this year. Can I apply for a visa with it? Thanx as I await your response.
No you cant. Most if not all requires a minimum of 6 months validity on your passport.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Officer Please Answer This Question by tunyuz(m): 6:44am On Jan 24, 2019
ifyalways:

No you cant. Most if not all requires a minimum of 6 months validity on your passport.
ok thanks for your swift response.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Officer Please Answer This Question by Atigba: 9:03am On Jan 24, 2019
femijck:
Do u really need a new passport now? I may be wrong but you can apply with your current passport, and when it expires, get a new one and apply for transfer of visa label to the new one. Your visa is still valid even when the passport expires. U just need a valid passport to make international travel out of where u stay.

Although I have seen cases where embassy could not issue visa beyond the passport validity. Instead of 1yr, I think they gave the guy 10 months or so but why not check with the country’s immigration first and ask same question.

At bolded is the reason why I want to renew my passport

The immigration has already given me days to do that or they will give me permit base on the validity of my passport

I non wan short 6 months
Re: Nigeria Immigration Officer Please Answer This Question by femijck(m): 9:58am On Jan 24, 2019
Atigba:

The immigration has already given me days to do that or they will give me permit base on the validity of my passport

I non wan short 6 months

okk
Re: Nigeria Immigration Officer Please Answer This Question by Zaytun11(m): 4:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
Atigba:

I non wan short 6 months

If this is your case, you can apply for new passport

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Follows Lead Of Other Nations And Grounds Boeing 737 Max Planes / Instadubaivisa.com Is Fraud Site / Nigerians Must Go; South Africans Says. #nigeriansmustgo Trends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.