Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:40 AM

I Want To Join A Program To Improve My Psychology - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Want To Join A Program To Improve My Psychology (318 Views)

How Do I Improve My Thin Physique? / How Can I Improve My Egg Quality After 40? / Three Crowns Milk Launches Program To Keep Nigerians Fit While At Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Join A Program To Improve My Psychology by kerryvienne: 2:25pm On Jan 23, 2019
I have been facing a lot of negativity around me these days. The most of the credit can be given to my negative state of mind, which has started hampering my personal life a lot. Can anyone let me know if there is any Positive Psychology course online, that helps you practice the positive energy?
Re: I Want To Join A Program To Improve My Psychology by kerryvienne: 8:23pm On Jan 23, 2019
Something interesting I found:

The importance of discrimination

We don't want our lives to be devoid of meaning, but we don't want too much meaning either. If too many things are meaningful, feelings of overwhelm and complexity kick in, possibly leading to anxiety, emotional vulnerability, and hypersensitivity.

A psychologically stable person is very able to discriminate and does it all the time. It means he or she can give proper weight to things. Proper weight means you can look at a thing, concept, or event and determine how important it is, to whom, in a particular context, at a particular point in time.

"A psychologically stable person is very able to discriminate"
If nothing is meaningful, there is no point in being alive and we speak, again, of a (depressive) personality disorder.

The task we are faced with is creating an optimal balance of meaning. This means we should be able to discriminate between activities that are meaningful (enough) and those that are not.
The fact of the matter is that most people are stuck somewhere between having no meaning in their lives and achieving an optimal balance. They could go with a bit more meaning. This may mean that (1) maybe they are discriminating too harshly and their standards for what can be considered meaningful are too high. Or maybe (2) they are not spending their time on the right things in life. Or maybe (3) they don't know what the right things to spend their time on are for them.

(1) (Reply)

Sperm Not Productive / World Salt Awareness Week 2019 "Let's Take Salt Off The Menu' / Let's Send Sanitary Pads To Women In Prisons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.