Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,045 members, 7,863,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:00 AM

How I Started Maikarto Farm - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How I Started Maikarto Farm (2823 Views)

How I Started My Cartfish Business Without A Pond And With Little Capital / INTERVIEW SECTION: I Started Farming With No Tools, No Capital And Few Seeds / Why I Started Rabbit Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Started Maikarto Farm by PrincewithGod(m): 5:07pm On Jan 28, 2019
You are being advised on what to do and you are going on to do the wrong thing. You will encounter ventilation problems with what you are doing.
Re: How I Started Maikarto Farm by MaikartoGroup: 11:57am On Mar 06, 2019
Been a while! So sorry my birds have kept me so busy to update you guys on the concluding part of my pen construction. Got the birds at 14 weeks precisely on 14th February, no mortality has been recorded on the farm and during the 16 hours trip from ibadan to plateau state. The girls are in perfect condition and will be 17 weeks old tomorrow. Meanwhile, Work has began in earnest on my feeds mill.
Self milling is the way forward for commercial poultry farmers. Picture updates coming soon!!
Re: How I Started Maikarto Farm by DEBJOCH1(m): 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2019
The structure for me is very too high,two to three couch would have being, 1,000 blocks is dam too much.
Re: How I Started Maikarto Farm by MaikartoGroup: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2019
I'm so sorry for deserting this thread...
Poultry farming no be beans ahswear! Anyway, guy must hustle to make ends meet. It's too late to fail!

Meanwhile, my birds started laying at exactly 20 weeks old (3rd April 2019), i changed to layers mash at 5% production. At 24 weeks, performance was 36.6% and gradually increased to 73.2% at 28 weeks old. Performance at at today been 4th September 2019 stands at 90.73%. My target performance is 94% although the rainy season really slowed down production.

I must say poultry farming is rewarding and worth the stress. Meanwhile, I'll be stopping by to share some of the challenges i faced in the course of operating this farm and how i was able to solve the problem so that other newbies can learn from me, the same way i learnt from more experienced farmers before me.

1 Like

Re: How I Started Maikarto Farm by Botanistbbb: 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
It's a wonderful step of faith.......God bless

1 Like

Re: How I Started Maikarto Farm by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:01am On Sep 05, 2019
Haba mana, that's a waste of block and hazardous to your yet to he introduced birds. I assure you with this kind of structure you will regret venturing into poultry, why didn't you do consultation before starting? The structure is totally out of place.
Re: How I Started Maikarto Farm by MaikartoGroup: 7:49am On Oct 12, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
Haba mana, that's a waste of block and hazardous to your yet to he introduced birds. I assure you with this kind of structure you will regret venturing into poultry, why didn't you do consultation before starting? The structure is totally out of place.
nawa oo.. Which yet to be introduced birds are u talking about sir?... Birds wey don dey lay since April grin
Re: How I Started Maikarto Farm by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 12, 2019
MaikartoGroup:
I'm so sorry for deserting this thread...
Poultry farming no be beans ahswear! Anyway, guy must hustle to make ends meet. It's too late to fail!

Meanwhile, my birds started laying at exactly 20 weeks old (3rd April 2019), i changed to layers mash at 5% production. At 24 weeks, performance was 36.6% and gradually increased to 73.2% at 28 weeks old. Performance at at today been 4th September 2019 stands at 90.73%. My target performance is 94% although the rainy season really slowed down production.

I must say poultry farming is rewarding and worth the stress. Meanwhile, I'll be stopping by to share some of the challenges i faced in the course of operating this farm and how i was able to solve the problem so that other newbies can learn from me, the same way i learnt from more experienced farmers before me.

I dont know if you reduced the level of blocks of your pen, but I sure do know that you sounded like some who understood what he wanted to do.

I kinda like and appreciate people who make thorough research prior to starting their projects. Nairaland experts and mentors are too quick. Hehhehe. Even while this man told them he is in Plateau State, they were still shouting. What do you want him do when temperature moves down drastically? Well, like I wrote earlier, I dont know the details, but you may want to share the corrections you made. And I really want to read about your challenges.

If possible to show the building after completion, it may be nice. I always say it....people lack the mind to interprete what they read online. People just Rank Xerox. Oh! Farmer A builds his pen using one level of block round, I must do mine same way. But you dont know the parameters that warranted farmer A to do it such way. It's why they always want to visit successful farms. To do what? Rank Xerox. Instead of them to learn about the parameters for optimum production, and then research the climatic condition of the location of their farms. Then, use their heads and minds to create an atmosphere for optimum production. No way! Theirs is Rank Xeroxing. grin

Well done bro. Hope to read more from you while you share great concepts here. Would have loved you share details about the climatic condition of your area. Good job bro!
Re: How I Started Maikarto Farm by stagger: 12:29pm On Oct 12, 2019
Pistotita:

I dont know if you reduced the level of blocks of your pen, but I sure do know that you sounded like some who understood what he wanted to do.

I kinda like and appreciate people who make thorough research prior to starting their projects. Nairaland experts and mentors are too quick. Hehhehe. Even while this man told them he is in Plateau State, they were still shouting. What do you want him do when temperature moves down drastically? Well, like I wrote earlier, I dont know the details, but you may want to share the corrections you made. And I really want to read about your challenges.

If possible to show the building after completion, it may be nice. I always say it....people lack the mind to interprete what they read online. People just Rank Xerox. Oh! Farmer A builds his pen using one level of block round, I must do mine same way. But you dont know the parameters that warranted farmer A to do it such way. It's why they always want to visit successful farms. To do what? Rank Xerox. Instead of them to learn about the parameters for optimum production, and then research the climatic condition of the location of their farms. Then, use their heads and minds to create an atmosphere for optimum production. No way! Theirs is Rank Xeroxing. grin

Well done bro. Hope to read more from you while you share great concepts here. Would have loved you share details about the climatic condition of your area. Good job bro!

Perfectly said. I have been to Jos once. No okada man rides a bike there without a sweater. Unless such wants to book an appointment with pneumonia and a possible early death. It is that cold.

So the OP's climatic conditions cannot be compared with hot and humid Lagos. No way!
Re: How I Started Maikarto Farm by FarmTech(m): 9:02am On Dec 26, 2022
MaikartoGroup:
nawa oo.. Which yet to be introduced birds are u talking about sir?... Birds wey don dey lay since April grin
Interesting old thread. Have you started milling your own feed mill?
Re: How I Started Maikarto Farm by biggal: 10:50am On Dec 26, 2022
Please let's revive here please

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have U See This New Rearing Cages / Agricultural Products Available In Tons Order Yours / Get Hammer Milling Machine With Cyclone For Anything You Want In Powdery Form!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.