Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) (32891 Views)

Chelsea New Signing Gonzalo Higuain Trains Alone At Cobham (Photos) / Gonzalo Higuain Pictured At Airport Ahead Of Chelsea Transfer (Photo) / Gonzalo Higuain's £49M Move to Chelsea Takes a New Twist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by myettiallah: 7:30am On Jan 24, 2019
Haymaykar:
Good for them...please who knows when ARSENAL will sign new player
Only idiots supports Arsenal..
Arsenal is a crackhead club
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Awesomefred32(m): 7:37am On Jan 24, 2019
grin grin
another morata just landed..

Will that make sarri to stop playing harzard as False nine
grin
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Eberex(m): 7:38am On Jan 24, 2019
Signing him does not mean it will be an easy fix. This is EPL and thus comes with gambling.

Will he make an immediate impact? No one knows yet.

Is he the striker Chelsea need? Time will tell.

But personally, i think he is an upgrade to Morata, but its not a guarantee that he will perform like Kane and the rest

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Femi316: 7:41am On Jan 24, 2019
johnjay4u2u:
Doesn't affect the price of rice.

Will it make ASUU call of strike.

Next topic abeg.
bros thank you jare nie him pocket he dey fight for why we dey kill ourself here
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Leonbonapart(m): 7:54am On Jan 24, 2019
eyeview:
He should get into Saturday's match against Tottenham asap. No time to lose
it's today thursday
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Barrystar5585(m): 8:03am On Jan 24, 2019
OVA200:
Seriously am disappointed at many Chelsea fans no wonder other team makes mockery of us, see a lot of people condemning this signing; someone even said we should go to youth team haaaaaaaaaaaaa look at plain lack of football knowledge.

Higuain is not an exceptional player but we need a proven and experience performer to lead our line for the rest of the season because top race is looking competitive than ever and we can't avoid to miss out, the reason for Higuain is because he know sarriball already and performed excellently under sarri because if we sign another striker it will take a little time before he can adapt to the pattern and 2 weeks sloppiness is all what we need to be out of the top four race Higuain is not a bad option couple with the fact that we decide to take him on loan first i.e if he didn't perform he will go back to where he comes from and let remember winter window is always full with panick buy (that's why arsenal, city, Liverpool, even United decide to lie low) so it all makes more sense that way and the one thing sure is that he can't perform worse than Morata and Giroud or isn't it embarrassing enough that we have 3 strikers and still be playing hazard as false nine.

Today is my birthday and I make first to comment on my favourite club news *feeling fly* WISHING MY HANDSOME SELF A HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
pinchur of you or I don't believe you are handsome. �
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 24, 2019
OVA200:
Seriously am disappointed at many Chelsea fans no wonder other team makes mockery of us, see a lot of people condemning this signing; someone even said we should go to youth team haaaaaaaaaaaaa look at plain lack of football knowledge.

Higuain is not an exceptional player but we need a proven and experience performer to lead our line for the rest of the season because top race is looking competitive than ever and we can't avoid to miss out, the reason for Higuain is because he know sarriball already and performed excellently under sarri because if we sign another striker it will take a little time before he can adapt to the pattern and 2 weeks sloppiness is all what we need to be out of the top four race Higuain is not a bad option couple with the fact that we decide to take him on loan first i.e if he didn't perform he will go back to where he comes from and let remember winter window is always full with panick buy (that's why arsenal, city, Liverpool, even United decide to lie low) so it all makes more sense that way and the one thing sure is that he can't perform worse than Morata and Giroud or isn't it embarrassing enough that we have 3 strikers and still be playing hazard as false nine.

Today is my birthday and I make first to comment on my favourite club news *feeling fly* WISHING MY HANDSOME SELF A HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

WHAT HAPPENED TO GIROUD??
Your people must be right.

Give me the goal tally for Huguain and Morata this season in their leagues.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by oyetpel(m): 8:33am On Jan 24, 2019
OVA200:

So because he knows sarriball means he will gel well with his teammate?

Has he played with any of Chelsea players before? OR shey na all those players wey hin play with for Napoli, na all of them dey Chelsea?

FYI Higuain is a wasteful striker.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by oyetpel(m): 8:38am On Jan 24, 2019
Tchiman:
I beg to oppose popular opinion,.....This guy much to people's surprise,, will deliver at Chelsea!

Reason being that people are already critising him not to deliver, hence no much pressure on him to actually deliver which will make him to play his game!

That's an angle to it.

Another angle is that, if he plays his game and he doesn't score as much as he should, there will be pressure on him.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by HolyTitus(m): 8:44am On Jan 24, 2019
PapaNnamdi:
Higuain
Hazard
Hodson odoi

TRIPLE H to the rescue
sh*t just got real
Triple H; i swear it's gon be real dope especially when they're in a blistering form - but when Willian no wan get acute cruciate ligament injury nko bayii !!!!

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by PapaAdanna: 8:46am On Jan 24, 2019
I see no changes...
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Johnpaul01: 8:47am On Jan 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Very brilliant signing.

Higuain previously play under Chelsea coach Maurizo Sarri at Napoli during 2015/2016, where he finished as a top scorer in Serie A he scored 36 goals that year.

Most important part of the post. This shows Higuain is a perfect fit to Maurizo Sarri's system and we should expect goals from the newly signed hitman.
Jorginho was also perfect for sarri like you guys said, he was sarri's boy, but he has not made 1 single assist this season and only 2 big chances created. Now they have signed higuain, let me bring it to your notice that lukaku (9) has more goals than higuain (8} this season, Ac Milan lost higuain and they went for a striker that has scored 19 goals in 21 appearances from a team like Genoa. What Chelsea need is a midfielder that can create chances, they had that in fabregas but I don't know why a manager that claim to be attacking would neglect fabregas. Kovacic, Kante and jorginho are all poor when it comes to creating chances and giving assists. Get a more attacking midfielder and the goals will come. Liverpool's firminho doesn't deliver good number of goals but their style of play brings goals every now and then for them.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by OVA200(m): 8:47am On Jan 24, 2019
Barrystar5585:
pinchur of you or I don't believe you are handsome. �
grin don't try me bro, if not for my big head I be fine boy if you doubt check my profile.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by OVA200(m): 8:51am On Jan 24, 2019
Njeps:

WHAT HAPPENED TO GIROUD??
Your people must be right.

Give me the goal tally for Huguain and Morata this season in their leagues.
Bro it's not only about goal tally but gelling with the team firminho as a case study but on goal tally level he still have more goals than Giroud.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by bencr7: 8:51am On Jan 24, 2019
oyetpel:

Has he played with any of Chelsea players before? OR shey na all those players wey hin play with for Napoli, na all of them dey Chelsea?

correct guy no be only he sarriball, jorginho were know sarriball wetin he dey play for Chelsea self
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by OVA200(m): 8:58am On Jan 24, 2019
oyetpel:

It's not about players he will play with but playing pattern, kepa, Kovacic and jorginho didn't need to play with any team mates before gelling, where is Moses, Drinkwater, Cahill that have been playing with their team mates before the pattern.
Its not about team mates bro but about understanding the football philosophy.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by oyetpel(m): 9:23am On Jan 24, 2019
OVA200:
It's not about players he will play with but playing pattern, kepa, Kovacic and jorginho didn't need to play with any team mates before gelling, where is Moses, Drinkwater, Cahill that have been playing with their team mates before the pattern.
Its not about team mates bro but about understanding the football philosophy.

So kovacic and jorginho have gelled with sarri pattern?

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Kingbookies: 9:29am On Jan 24, 2019
That's a welcome development to the blues

Join my signature link for massive sure odds games cool
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by OVA200(m): 9:34am On Jan 24, 2019
oyetpel:

So kovacic and jorginho have gelled with sarri pattern?
Absolutely yes better than those that have been playing with the same team mates for years.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by oyetpel(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2019
OVA200:
Absolutely yes better than those that have been playing with the same team mates for years.

funny
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by mayDtolu(m): 10:28am On Jan 24, 2019
HolyTitus:
Triple H; i swear it's gon be real dope especially when they're in a blistering form - but when Willian no wan get acute cruciate ligament injury nko bayii !!!!

I swear ..Make willian get injury...We should b using callum Hudson ...Dah guy is young but a brilliant player!
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Very brilliant signing.

Higuain previously play under Chelsea coach Maurizo Sarri at Napoli during 2015/2016, where he finished as a top scorer in Serie A he scored 36 goals that year.

Most important part of the post. This shows Higuain is a perfect fit to Maurizo Sarri's system and we should expect goals from the newly signed hitman.
just like Mourinho and Eto ... I see
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 24, 2019
landmark86:
My fear is this No 9 shirt
That number 9 is curse in Nigeria I swear, I wish they can change it to 19.
Name it from Shev-Falcao-Torres-Morata all wears this no 9 shirt and play nothing.
so Torres played nothing
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 24, 2019
otabuko:
Shut up please. Arnautovic motor!

Bitter truth. ..heheheangry

Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 24, 2019
OVA200:
Bro it's not only about goal tally but gelling with the team firminho as a case study but on goal tally level he still have more goals than Giroud.

But Giroud has not been regular nah.
How many matches has he started. I think that's the reason he said he doesn't mind coming back to Arsenal, his home.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 24, 2019
lilbest4:
apart from Aguero, add the goals of all those strikers up there together and it won't be close to Higuain's.
Only Messi, Ronaldo, Cavani and ibrahimovic have more league goals than Higuain in top European league since his debut.
People (mostly Messi fans) just criticise him because Argentina failed to win international trophy with him in front forgetting that even Messi also blanked in those finals including missing penalties

And how many of the aforementioned strikers ever played in the EPL. You think this is seria A? No need to argue. Na una go come back here to insult and complain about am.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by mrfm1: 12:13pm On Jan 24, 2019
Great move. No Bleep us up oo grin
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2019
Johnpaul01:

Jorginho was also perfect for sarri like you guys said, he was sarri's boy, but he has not made 1 single assist this season and only 2 big chances created. Now they have signed higuain, let me bring it to your notice that lukaku (9) has more goals than higuain (8} this season, Ac Milan lost higuain and they went for a striker that has scored 19 goals in 21 appearances from a team like Genoa. What Chelsea need is a midfielder that can create chances, they had that in fabregas but I don't know why a manager that claim to be attacking would neglect fabregas. Kovacic, Kante and jorginho are all poor when it comes to creating chances and giving assists. Get a more attacking midfielder and the goals will come. Liverpool's firminho doesn't deliver good number of goals but their style of play brings goals every now and then for them.

Are you sure you have watched Kovacic at all? He has been brilliant for Chelsea. Definitely one of their stand out players. Fabregas is no where close to Kovacic in quality. Very poor comparison.

Former Chelsea star Cole told BT Sport of a player who is capable of making an impact both defensively and offensively: “I think he’s different class.

“We know he isn’t a prolific goalscorer from midfield but when you watch him closely what he does is he drives with the ball.
“Straight away that’s unnerving the [opposition] back four because he’s got that ability to just ghost past players.
“Cesc Fabregas is a great player but what he gives Chelsea on top of what Cesc can’t do is he can drive and take players out of the game from a central midfield position.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/different-class-kovacic-is-better-than-fabregas-cole/c7twrqrv971c1xfzqmbshqi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibrahimovic Reveals What Caused Pogba’s Fight With Jose Mourinho / Kanu Nwankwo Celebrates His 43rd Birthday With Love Up Photo With Wife / Victor Osimhen Rated Fourth Best Striker In Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.