Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore (12748 Views)

Renaming FUTA After Shagari Global Embarrassment, Alumni Tell Afe Babalola / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) / Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 24, 2019
vizkiz:
This guy is full of shìt. "next Facebook creator"

Gutter presidential candidate

...and what are you?

If only you just try to see the video yourself, maybe you would have been better than you comment.

I am disappointed @ your comment!

3 Likes

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by Niorte: 8:42am On Jan 24, 2019
Thumbs up for Sowore

Greatest Futarians and Nigerian students, here is a reason to support Sowore. He understands the potentials in our universities.

FUTA....technology for self-reliance. If I had the opportunity to do my first degree in Nigeria again.....I will choose FUTA again and again.

FUTARIANS have been consistently winning all Microsoft competition around the world.... Don't argue, please google it. I know other Nigerian universities are doing well in other areas.

I'm a proud futarian.

We are Taking It Back!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by DrGabbi(m): 8:49am On Jan 24, 2019
What has Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku and their ilk done to better your lot! Character is what's more important bro. These old fools that have been swindling us and killing our nation with their experience should be sent packing! I understand you may be a paid APC or PDP agent. All we're saying is let's try something new.

sureheaven:
Easier said than done.

Power intoxicates more than alcohol.

You've never held any public position before, you've never held any political office before, you aren't as much as otedola or dangote or Trump.

How many houses have you built, how many properties have you had, where are your investment.

We can't trust your like with no1 position in this country dude. Stop wasting your time.
Go and contest for a lesser political office and let's see your performance.

4 Likes

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by Bacteriologist(m): 8:49am On Jan 24, 2019
sureheaven:
Easier said than done.

Power intoxicates more than alcohol.

You've never held any public position before, you've never held any political office before, you aren't as much as otedola or dangote or Trump.

How many houses have you built, how many properties have you had, where are your investment.

We can't trust your like with no1 position in this country dude. Stop wasting your time.
Go and contest for a lesser political office and let's see your performance.

What a stupid post.

1 Like

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:49am On Jan 24, 2019
The youths and the general population are suffering from Stockholm syndrome, where we have gotten to love our captivity and our captors,
Unfortunately Sowore is a storm whose time has not yet come, it seems the elites plan of clipping the educational system yearly has been a great success.
The closest we can get to sanity is restructuring this entrapment, Yoruba's must hold their leaders to account as would other tribes, otherwise faceless individuals would be rotated over and over like an hamster wheel that goes nowhere

5 Likes

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by MusicSots: 8:50am On Jan 24, 2019
rentAcock:
No sir, the next Facebook creator is in Silicon Valley, USA, Bejing China, Berlin, Germany, Bangalore, India, Vancouver Canada , London UK and not Federal University of Technology Akure. We play too much in this country, some of our schools are still using Windows 94 computers to teach programming while Some don't even have computers but expect you to learn coding by craming. Until we invest massively into IT and skill development, we are not going anywhere and foreign tech companies will country to lure our best minds with blood money kinda salary and residency.

I watched him live. He is saying government should do moreve to make it happen. So u are both saying the same thing.

3 Likes

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by DrGabbi(m): 8:51am On Jan 24, 2019
vizkiz:

No, you're the one full of shit. Address issues and not personality.

1 Like

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by printemps: 8:54am On Jan 24, 2019
rentAcock:
No sir, the next Facebook creator is in Silicon Valley, USA, Bejing China, Berlin, Germany, Bangalore, India, Vancouver Canada , London UK and not Federal University of Technology Akure. We play too much in this country, some of our schools are still using Windows 94 computers to teach programming while Some don't even have computers but expect you to learn coding by craming. Until we invest massively into IT and skill development, we are not going anywhere and foreign tech companies will country to lure our best minds with blood money kinda salary and residency.

Why take his statement out of context?
Watch interview again and understand what Sowore said rather than twist his words.

4 Likes

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by ubeedominic(m): 8:55am On Jan 24, 2019
naunasabi:
Sowore stop using people's head. Just say the next big tech not the next Facebook.

Who's this Dullard!?
He's just using Facebook as an example of the kind of tech nigeria will be inventing if rightly funded.

3 Likes

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by Delaw00(m): 8:57am On Jan 24, 2019
It sucks when it comes to phython or fotran....Alese b like:>
Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by sureheaven(m): 8:58am On Jan 24, 2019
What has Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku and their ilk done to better your lot! Character is what's more important bro. These old fools that have been swindling us and killing our nation with their experience should be sent packing! I understand you may be a paid APC or PDP agent. All we're saying is let's try something new.

I won't join people like you to try error.

Tinubu started as a senator. Buhari was a former governor, a former head of state, a former minister and retired major general. Atiku a former custom boss, a billionaire and former vice president
Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by sureheaven(m): 9:00am On Jan 24, 2019
shocked
What a stupid post.

Kiddo you know nothing about life and leadership.
That you have the opportunity to share same platform with intellectuals isn't enough reason for you to misyearn. shocked
Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by ItzBIM(m): 9:00am On Jan 24, 2019
Pavore9:
Which FUTA? sad

Other Countries that are investing heavily on their educational system are not joking like Nigeria!

If u actually watch the debate u will understand, he said oil is lazy economy that he would infest massively in technology and other sectors.

1 Like

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 24, 2019
rentAcock:

did you watch the video?

2 Likes

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by UncleSnr(m): 9:04am On Jan 24, 2019
vizkiz:

I was expecting you to back up your claim with something meaningful, I was disappointed in myself for having such a high expectation from you. You can't give what you don't have.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by Rheminx: 9:07am On Jan 24, 2019
rentAcock:

Think na...you guys are saying the same thing...i taya for kids on qwerty.

2 Likes

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by 247ibile: 9:11am On Jan 24, 2019
The Government can't be fetching water into the basket
247ibile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pdpNumexk0
Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by kollins3(m): 9:11am On Jan 24, 2019
rentAcock:

I'd once liked your comment but later withdrew it, listen to the clip again, you'd hear him talked about investing in "knowledge economy" .
That could actually be for the intelligent and curious ones with active listening abilities , not for your category anyway.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by calberian: 9:20am On Jan 24, 2019
naunasabi:
Sowore stop using people's head. Just say the next big tech not the next Facebook.

It's an expression. It's like saying ". . . The next Dangote. . . " instead of ". . . the next industrial/biz mogul. .. "

In any case, he was speaking to a mature audience who were expected to catch the drift.

3 Likes

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by 247ibile: 9:27am On Jan 24, 2019
Sowore planned to work massively on technology and sweep the old system left behind. How can a school be teach programming by cramming, who does that.

No presidential candidate have discussed about the use of tech or plan to go green in level on electricity.

THINK
rentAcock:
Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by MajesticIgbo(m): 9:28am On Jan 24, 2019
If the next creator of Facebook can be in Futa then, Sowore should run for the president of the Student Government in Futa.
Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by Gbagbuo247: 9:30am On Jan 24, 2019
[quote author=rentAcock post=75057467]No sir, the next Facebook creator is in Silicon Valley, USA, Bejing China, Berlin, Germany, Bangalore, India, Vancouver Canada , London UK and not Federal University of Technology Akure. We play too much in this country, some of our schools are still using Windows 94 computers to teach programming while Some don't even have computers but expect you to learn coding by craming. [b][/b]Until we invest massively into IT and skill development, [b][/b]we are not going anywhere and foreign tech companies will country to lure our best minds with blood money kinda salary and residency.

Why are you saying no Sir? What is he wins and invest in education like you said ? People like you are the problem of this Nation. You believe that nothing good can come out of Nigeria, and God keep disappointing you people all the time undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by khalleb(m): 9:45am On Jan 24, 2019
Moreoffaith:
This guy is just too intelligent and have a ready made answer for all queations.

Youth of this nation needs to wake up and support either Sowore, Moghalu or Hashim and let's take back our future from all this old gays.
you called it ready made answer I call it auto reply anwser
Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by fsho(m): 9:46am On Jan 24, 2019
I have to be blunt with you. Facebook is a metaphor for 'the next big thing'. Why do you people refuse to reason? Does he have to explicitly tell you that's a metaphor?
vizkiz:

1 Like

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by VaselineCrew: 9:49am On Jan 24, 2019
Sowore, may God bless you and keep you pure in heart so are not swayed by the toxicity of power.

1 Like

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by WebSurfer(m): 9:51am On Jan 24, 2019
rentAcock:
Please speak for yourself , there’re a lot of Nigerians both in Diaspora making magic. Stop making uninformed quotes to cheap Nairalanders who don’t know much about the tech world for cheap likes

2 Likes

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by jideflash(m): 9:54am On Jan 24, 2019
there are too many foolish nigerians that i wish can die. continually dragging others down with their myopic reasoning. Keep giving Atiku and BUhari the opportunities to enslave.

1 Like

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by Olabenjamen22(m): 9:54am On Jan 24, 2019
I know one of my friend that design a social communication site that's even more upgrade in features and other properties than Facebook, but no support from the government. What a shame

1 Like

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by lexy2014: 9:55am On Jan 24, 2019
rentAcock:

Sowore didn't undermine Silicon valley, China or d rest of d locations u have mentioned. What he is saying is that we can tap from d talents& abilities of Nigerians& if FUTA is a university of technology, then its a place 2 start.

Inasmuch as investment in IT cannot b overemphasised, d legends of silicon valley aren't products of universities but guys who had a passion despite d sound education system in their. Any IT student that has passion will always rise above his/her immediate environment. Those are d people Sowore is talking about.It clearly shows were his focus is which is human resources not natural resources. 4 him to talk about that, he definitely knows d responsibilities & commitment involved.

3 Likes

Re: The Next Facebook Creator Can Be In FUTA, I Am Not After Gold - Sowore by BEHEST(m): 10:01am On Jan 24, 2019
Moreoffaith:
This guy is just too intelligent and have a ready made answer for all queations.

Youth of this nation needs to wake up and support either Sowore, Moghalu or Hashim and let's take back our future from all this old gays.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode / Early Pictures From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Yola / How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.