Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. (715 Views)

Madam Titi Surrenders To Jesus In The Lords Chosen, Testifies In Church (Video) / Michael Job (Jesus In Kenya) Death Rumour / Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 8:34am On Jan 24, 2019
Child of God, read this thread all through to increase your faith.. Faith cometh by hearing the word of God.

Straight to the point. No stories ...

This prophecy is not common, it contains where Jesus would come from and the essence of his coming...

1. " In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness."
(Zechariah 13: 1)

A fountain that cleanse sins and uncleanness.

Jesus told that Samaritan woman, if you know who is speaking to you, you will ask him to give you rivers of water that flows into everlasting life....

This is salvation and the Holy Spirit.

Jacob was blessing his children on his sick bed...

He said to Judah....

Genesis 49 vs 10.....

" The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be."
(Genesis 49: 10)

Shiloh shall come from Judah...and unto HIM shall the gathering of the people be.

Whenever we gather, Christians gather in Jesus name..

Next...

3.(Isaiah 11 )
------------
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

A rod out of Jesse... The gentile shall seek it...

Nigeria is seeking him and will seek him.

I still have them many... Stay tuned...

Jesus did not just show up.

He is the Savior and the only way to God.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:04am On Jan 24, 2019
Let me quickly drop this.... Its what Jesus said and it corroborated the prophecies we have mentioned so far...

" I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. "
(Revelation 22: 16)

See?

Jesus is the root of Jesse as mentioned.....

Glory to God.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 1:53pm On Jan 24, 2019
This is EVERYTHING about the trials and crucifixion of Jesus.... Spoken by Isaiah far before it took place...
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted...

Most Jews of those days saw Jesus as being punished by God for his blasphemy....

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

But in the actual sense, it is for our sins...
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

He didn't try to defend himself. ...read the trials of Jesus by Pilate....
Everything played out as recorded...
9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth...

He was crucified with the thieves and the rich were there too.... a rich man actually buried him...

Glory to God.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by OpenYourEyes1: 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2019
"After this period of sixty-two sets of seven, the Anointed One will be killed, appearing to have accomplished nothing, and a ruler will arise whose armies will destroy the city and the Temple. The end will come with a flood, and war and its miseries are decreed from that time to the very end." - Daniel 9:26

"My son the Messiah will be revealed, together with those who come with him. He will bring four hundred years of happiness to all these survivors." - 2Esdras 7:28-29

1 Like

Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
"After this period of sixty-two sets of seven, the Anointed One will be killed, appearing to have accomplished nothing, and a ruler will arise whose armies will destroy the city and the Temple. The end will come with a flood, and war and its miseries are decreed from that time to the very end." - Daniel 9:26

"My son the Messiah will be revealed, together with those who come with him. He will bring four hundred years of happiness to all these survivors." - Esdras 5:28-29

Nice one here.............

1 Like

Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by OpenYourEyes1: 2:44pm On Jan 24, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

"My son the Messiah will be revealed, together with those who come with him. He will bring four hundred years of happiness to all these survivors." - 2Esdras 7:28-29

"like a lion Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet. All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me.They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment." - Psalm 22:16-18
Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by CodeTemplar: 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Nice one here.............
What is esdras?
Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
CodeTemplar:
What is esdras?

It is one of the books that are tagged.. "Apocrypha "

Not canonised with the rest of the scriptures...

I acknowledged his quoting of the book of Daniel..

That's the reason for the dots in my reply... It simply means that I have other things to say.
Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 3:51pm On Jan 24, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

"like a lion Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet. All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me.They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment." - Psalm 22:16-18

Yes sir.

1 Like

Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 6:17am On Jan 25, 2019
" For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his

name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
(Isaiah 9: 6)

1 Like

Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:54am On Jan 26, 2019
Jesus is Lord.

1 Like

Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by OpenYourEyes1: 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2019
Originakalokalo:

It is one of the books that are tagged.. "Apocrypha "

Not canonised with the rest of the scriptures...

I acknowledged his quoting of the book of Daniel..

That's the reason for the dots in my reply... It simply means that I have other things to say.

I kind of like the book because it is full of many scientific truth no humans in those days could have known. I researched last year why it wasn't canonized what I found wasn't really convincing.

Book of Enoch is another apocryphal book with lots hidden truth.
Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

I kind of like the book because it is full of many scientific truth no humans in those days could have known. I researched last year why it wasn't canonized what I found wasn't really convincing.

Book of Enoch is another apocryphal book with lots hidden truth.

The Holy Ghost has his reasons for excluding those books.

Let's trust his judgement.
Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 7:47am On Jan 29, 2019
This one mentioned that Jesus would be born in Bethlehem....

It also spoke about the divinity of Jesus...

" But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he

come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."
(Micah 5: 2)
Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:53am On Jan 30, 2019
He is the promised saviour of the world.

There are other biblical references to this.

These are coming soon....
Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 8:47am On Feb 03, 2019
Jesus is indeed Lord.

1 Like

Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 2:29pm On Feb 05, 2019
Jesus is the promised sacrifice, that took away the sins of the world.

1 Like

Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by jcross19: 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Let me quickly drop this.... Its what Jesus said and it corroborated the prophecies we have mentioned so far...

" I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. "
(Revelation 22: 16)

See?

Jesus is the root of Jesse as mentioned.....

Glory to God.
john 8:58 says before Abraham was I am...,... then how can Jesus said that He is from David offspring.? Matthew 22:43-45 English Standard Version (ESV)
He said to them, “How is it then that David, in the Spirit, calls him Lord, saying,
If then David calls him Lord, how is he his son?” 43
“‘The Lord said to my Lord, 44
“Sit at my right hand,
until I put your enemies under your feet, 45"if then David calls him lord how is He his son" so think! john beloved that gave the prophecy didn't know how Jesus was born .
Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by jcross19: 7:17pm On Feb 05, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Jesus is indeed Lord.
Jesus was and is the perfection of creation.
Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 12:19pm On Feb 07, 2019
jcross19:
Jesus was and is the perfection of creation.

Yes sir.
Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 6:10am On Feb 12, 2019
Accept Jesus Now before you find yourself in hell after death.

Jesus loves you. ..

Jesus told the Pharisee that whosoever do not believe in him is condemned ALREADY.

you don't have to wait for the judgement day. ....as it is now, you stand condemned.

1 Like

Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2019
Accept Jesus Now.

Jesus really loves you

1 Like

Re: Jesus In The Old Testament : He Didn't Just Show Up. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:23am On Feb 15, 2019
In him shall the gentiles rest.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Islam Is All About Mohamed / Climate Change And The Coming Universal Sunday Law / Strange Things Happen To Me Whenever I Pray Alone...pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.