Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Child Sex Education, What Age Is Right? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Sex Education, What Age Is Right? (253 Views)

When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child / When Is The Best Period To Introduce A Child To Sex Education And How? / Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Child Sex Education, What Age Is Right? by Theladysroom: 8:45am On Jan 24, 2019
I don’t recall ever having a conversation about sex with my parents. Even as an adult, the word ‘sex’ and its family members have never been exchanged in conversation. I pretty much figured it out as I grew up and sadly learned from other resources that may or may not have shaped my mind in the wrong way.
As an intending parent, I want to lead the conversation on sex with my children. I should be the first person they learn about it from. And hopefully, it will happen as soon as they are old enough to appreciate the lesson. Puberty starts around 11 for girls and 12 for boys, but children can begin from as early as 7 for girls and 9 for boys. With these body changes, internal questions will arise, and as a parent, you should be the one to answer these questions. Sex is everywhere these days, and children pick up things much quicker than we would like to imagine. So, instead of focusing on what age exactly to have the talk, here are a few tips to make the talk less dramatic.

1. Avoid being dramatic

For most Africans, we can be quite dramatic ☺️. To make things worse, children have a way of asking questions out the blue, hardly giving you any time to compose yourself. Try to react and answer as calmly as possible, so that you don’t scare them off for the next time they want to ask you heart wrenching questions. <<https://theladysroom.ng/child-sex-education-what-age-is-right/

(1) (Reply)

We Solve Ur Spiritual Problems With Our God Given Trado-mystic Powers / You can Live above your Salary in a legitimate way.And Still Retired Proud / The Switch Into Responsible Adulthood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.