Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts (3216 Views)

Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry / How Wireless Charging Works On Android Phones And How To Get It On Your Phone / Chinese Smartphone Oppo's Working On A Wireless Charging Mode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by bongolistik(m): 10:13am On Jan 24, 2019
And it the Meizu latest device the Meizu Zero. Meizu is one of Chinese phone makers that is only known for high end devices just like their fellow Chinese counterpart OnePlus.

Meizu Zero has just debuted as the world first phone that is completely button-less, port-less and that charges only through wireless medium without the conventional wired charging that all known existing phones support.

Coming to the button-less part of the Meizu Zero, the conventional physical power and volume buttons is completely plane with a touch capacitive panel in place. Then for the port-less aspect, there is no any physical port on the device, implying that it makes use of only wireless charging technology that delivers 18W of wireless charging, making it the only device that does not combine physical wired charging with wireless charging and the fastest ever wireless charging smartphone.

The no cut-out surface for speaker sees the Meizu Zero using a piezoelectric transducer under the display to that end.

Meizu Zero spots a 5.99inch AMOLED display that features an in-display fingerprint scanner and it is to powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset

And it comes with dual rear Sony IMX sensor shooter and 20MP selfie camera.

Source: https://www.highteknology.com/2019/01/meizu-zero-button-less-port-less-and.html

1 Share

Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by Iphone5: 10:15am On Jan 24, 2019
How do you power on if it goes off

1 Like

Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by bongolistik(m): 10:23am On Jan 24, 2019
Iphone5:
How do you power on if it goes off
you will use the touch capacitive panel that is plane and in place of the volume and power buttons
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by Mckandre(m): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2019
bongolistik:
you will use the touch capacitive panel that is plane and in place of the volume and power buttons
what if the battery runs down flat? mind u capacitive panels works well when phone is on standby mode,unless u will ve to shake the phone inorder to kickstart it in the form of kinetic means.

1 Like

Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by bongolistik(m): 11:54am On Jan 24, 2019
Mckandre:
what if the battery runs down flat? mind u capacitive panels works well when phone is on standby mode,unless u will ve to shake the phone inorder to kickstart it in the form of kinetic means.
If your phone battery runs down flat, will you be able to power it even with button?

You will definitely need to charge the phone and when you charge the phone, it gains energy. Now since capacitive panel deals with electrostatic energy, touching the panel or long-pressing it will power your phone by using its static energy and the electric field being created by the charged battery to power your phone.

6 Likes

Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by techking: 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2019
wink
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by freshngwaboy(m): 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2019
"bottomless" 90% of nairaland girls go relate.
Assless hoes
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2019
WACK angry
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by calddon(m): 3:19pm On Jan 24, 2019
If and when this phone gets damaged, troubleshooting and repair will be like advanced major medical surgery
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2019
bongolistik:

You be complete clown! I'm sure neither of us understands the jargon you quoted above.
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by fiercehillz(m): 4:19pm On Jan 24, 2019
Apple will just steal this concept and make it more popular just like what they did with the notch thingy
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by afolabiademola(m): 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2019
Have you been Looking 4 Ways 2 Get Rid of your Prostate, Urinary, S/exual Issue, Diabetes & Joint Pain Naturally without Drugs? Then, Visit www./2BtLqNp
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by Bamz(m): 6:52pm On Jan 24, 2019
I'm still waiting for credit-less, data-less mesh communication between smart phones of the same brand. grin

bongolistik
When do we get to the point where you admit you work for Meizu? grin
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by electroilorin(m): 8:59pm On Jan 24, 2019
Nice
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by nedubest(m): 12:49am On Jan 25, 2019
mad ooo
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by princemillla(m): 1:41am On Jan 25, 2019
Cool device. But it should av been made all screen. Just like the latest OPPO.

Tech adv in another dimension
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by bravesoul247(m): 3:04am On Jan 25, 2019
bongolistik:
If your phone battery runs down flat, will you be able to power it even with button?

You will definitely need to charge the phone and when you charge the phone, it gains energy. Now since capacitive panel deals with electrostatic energy, touching the panel or long-pressing it will power your phone by using its static energy and the electric field being created by the charged battery to power your phone.
I like your replies
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by bravesoul247(m): 3:05am On Jan 25, 2019
Mckandre, do you have any other question for bongolistik to answer?
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by bravesoul247(m): 3:06am On Jan 25, 2019
Bamz:
I'm still waiting for credit-less, data-less mesh communication between smart phones of the same brand. grin

bongolistik
When do we get to the point where you admit you work for Meizu? grin
Even if he does work for Meizu, I'm sure you know its not bad as well? Just as you guys tag anybody that say anything good about Tecno, TECNO Marketers
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by Bamz(m): 3:19am On Jan 25, 2019
bravesoul247:
Even if he does work for Meizu, I'm sure you know its not bad as well? Just as you guys tag anybody that say anything good about Tecno, TECNO Marketers

Lol phones made by Asians specially for Africans. grin
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by bravesoul247(m): 3:36am On Jan 25, 2019
Bamz:

and the much talked about Xiaomi as well ba? I guess it's inferior based on your assertion ba?
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by Bamz(m): 4:49am On Jan 25, 2019
bravesoul247:
and the much talked about Xiaomi as well ba? I guess it's inferior based on your assertion ba?

Don't mind me. I just have my reservations about how those guys flood our markets with their products. You'd stop to think maybe if we had a better regulatory landscape, brands won't produce phones that they'd barely use in their home countries.
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by Mansur71: 6:45am On Jan 25, 2019
MTN data

Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by bongolistik(m): 7:13pm On Jan 25, 2019
Bamz:

And don't be quick to forget that Samsung phones are made by Asians
Re: The World First Button-less, Port-less And Wireless Charging-only Phone Debuts by bravesoul247(m): 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
Bamz:

Don't mind me. I just have my reservations about how those guys flood our markets with their products. You'd stop to think maybe if we had a better regulatory landscape, brands won't produce phones that they'd barely use in their home countries.
anyway sha. You have a point

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cannot Restrict Background Data On Gionee P4 / How Do I Trace My Stolen Android Phone / The Gap Between 3g And 4g

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.