Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:59 AM

3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour (11146 Views)

Feeding Of Crocodiles: The Most Dangerous Job On Earth: Can You Do It? / Top 3 Reasons People Go Broke Before Month End - How To Avoid It / Taking Advice About Your Relationship Problems From The Right Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by vioment: 8:06am On Jan 25, 2019
No be lie. Some rich are lucky like yankee #1, no level, just luck, a little street smart, and heavy gra gra.

Some rich are self made from thoughts, organizing, going thru the due process of hard work and obstacle challenges, strategies for expansions, relearning or learning new things, etc like alibaba owner- ma or like bloomberg;

It's all relative, some people are comfortable and content being workers for someone with an already moving business, and there is nothing wrong with that, like regular workers, managers, civil servants, and commissioned workers, many of which exhibit similar disciplines of rich people.

Everybody could be a teacher or a student in relation to time and matter at hand. - vioment.

If your plane is faulty in the air (God forbid), the pilot and the hostesses could be the best teacher at that time, and the passengers could be the best attentive students at that time.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by Elliot2(m): 8:14am On Jan 25, 2019
ShenTeh:
Not everything should make fp.

The op is very wrong. This article is very misleading and capable of destroying people's capacity to reach their potentials.

1. Mentoring and coaching remain 2- one, if you like- of the cardinal points of financial success. Like a wise man said, you stand on the shoulders of those who have gone ahead of you so you can see far.

2. If for instance, I want admission to the university or visa to a certain country, am I not better off being advised by someone who's 'been there done that'? Advising that since they are not in 'your field studying the course you wanted or in the country you desire disqualifies them from holding supportive opinion is total 'bull-come'.

3. You discourage people from heeding the advices of courage and fortune because they may be extreme. Are you kidding? Mediocrity begats self. So do courage and excellence. I would rather listen to stories that challenge my courage, resilience and risk appetite than of loathsome spineless retirement that wants to keep me where I have no business being.
4. You are what you eat. The world is a mind game. What feeds your mind determines what you become.

5. The world over, people pay successful people heavily to listen to their counsel and have them as consultants. You can only go as far, Uncle.

6. The world is in dire need of successful mentors. You will be amazed at how one can from sharing his experience alone, save you from a lifetime of woe and poverty. Please op- and the mod that published this- don't decimate the number of potential multimillionaires in here with this jaundiced opinion.
See wetin ITK dey cause for dis life. I no see where op said we should seek for and listen to mentors. If na by just how much advice given by the rich,we supposed don blow finish.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by Elliot2(m): 8:22am On Jan 25, 2019
whytediamond:
Do not take money advice from the poor. Evaluate whatever advice you get from the rich and see how you can modify it to current trends and you'll almost certainly get there. God bless our hustle.
u dey reason with ur anus.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 25, 2019
godwinstringed1:

Source: https://www.ideaflavour.com/taking-advice-from-the-rich/

Cc

"As I grow older, I listen less to what men say; I just watch what they do".

- Andrew Carnegie
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by NairaMaster1(m): 9:15am On Jan 25, 2019
natureboy2:
You are very correct..

Ok go take advice from poor people.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by kilojoDesigns: 9:29am On Jan 25, 2019
godwinstringed1:

Source: https://www.ideaflavour.com/taking-advice-from-the-rich/

Cc

Yh, I would have to disagree with you
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by millionboi2: 9:34am On Jan 25, 2019
ShenTeh:

The op is very wrong. This article is very misleading and capable of destroying people's capacity to reach their potentials.

1. Mentoring and coaching remain 2- one, if you like- of the cardinal points of financial success. Like a wise man said, you stand on the shoulders of those who have gone ahead of you so you can see far.

2. If for instance, I want admission to the university or visa to a certain country, am I not better off being advised by someone who's 'been there done that'? Advising that since they are not in 'your field studying the course you wanted or in the country you desire disqualifies them from holding supportive opinion is total 'bull-come'.

3. You discourage people from heeding the advices of courage and fortune because they may be extreme. Are you kidding? Mediocrity begats self. So do courage and excellence. I would rather listen to stories that challenge my courage, resilience and risk appetite than of loathsome spineless retirement that wants to keep me where I have no business being.
4. You are what you eat. The world is a mind game. What feeds your mind determines what you become.

5. The world over, people pay successful people heavily to listen to their counsel and have them as consultants. You can only go as far, Uncle.

6. The world is in dire need of successful mentors. You will be amazed at how one can from sharing his experience alone, save you from a lifetime of woe and poverty. Please op- and the mod that published this- don't decimate the number of potential multimillionaires in here with this jaundiced opinion.
You read too much of motivational stuffs.

All rich ppl are not dsame.....Op is right.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by castro316: 9:41am On Jan 25, 2019
Hey bro sorry to sound this way but what you wrote here is rubbish.
1. If you like have 1000 mentors, if you are not ready to be successful you can never change

2. Most poor people the only enemy they have is themselves. No matter what you show them, they can never see the good in what you say. Some might go around mocking you for the advice you give them because they fail to see the big picture

3. Poverty is a mentality. If you dot unlearn that mentality, and relearn rich man mentality, you can never be rich. O matter how much you are given, you will not see that money tomorrow

4. Poor people, they try once and gas out immediately to quick to throw in the towel once things don't go their way

5. You see poor people, they are too proud to take a spanking. They think everything is plug and play. Too quick to blame everyone they find I their way esp this article you wrote this is why I 'come vex' and typed this reply.
Some advice you may not understand them till after 2 yrs or 5yrs.

I have trained a lot of people and I am qualified to tell you my experience I got from these individuals
Some rich people they Can't disclose what they spent close to 15 yrs learning to poor people because they can see thru poor people and see that you are one proud mother fcker, you are not patient to learn, too excited to make conclusions and you talk too much they give you beer and make. You go to sleep

My bro if you want to be rich one word of advice for you (that's if you will take it) be humble, be patient and keep your mouth shut. At time they act like jerks to test your patience and loyalty. Don't talk more than your mentor give him gifts to appreciate him. Its then he will open to you

My mentors Robert T. Kiyosaki, Peter Obi, Adaobi Ariguzo, Nonso Olemeforo, Donald J. Trump, mother theresa
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by News101: 9:50am On Jan 25, 2019
Very misleading article indeed. Everybody wants to be a writer and an adviser once they have data. Look at your grammar & typographical errors.

This article should not have made front page in the first place. Moderators please remove this article from front page. There are better articles on Nairaland than this crap.

Cc Seun
CC Lalasticlala
CC All moderators
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by castro316: 9:54am On Jan 25, 2019
ShenTeh:

I like your post esp 4, 5 anf 6. I encourage you to strive hard everyday. One day you will find your freedom. Wealth is like a mother tongue once you find someone who understands the language it is easier to say more

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by castro316: 9:56am On Jan 25, 2019
News101:
Very misleading article indeed. Everybody wants to be a writer and an adviser once they have data. Look at your grammar & typographical errors.

This article should not have made front page in the first place. Moderators please remove this article from front page. There are better articles on Nairaland than this crap.

Cc Seun
CC Lalasticlala
CC All moderators

that's what nairaland is for the good the bad and the ugly. Surprisingly most responses I have seen here shows that a lot of people on this forum think like the op. Let's mentor them
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by castro316: 9:58am On Jan 25, 2019
ChrisTeck:

"As I grow older, I listen less to what men say; I just watch what they do".

- Andrew Carnegie

We're you refering to pastors? You are damn right..laughing quietly to myself
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by lexy2014: 10:29am On Jan 25, 2019
ShenTeh:

Are u sure u read what d op wrote or u just want 2 tell us u read motivational books?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by lexy2014: 10:32am On Jan 25, 2019
castro316:
Hey bro sorry to sound this way but what you wrote here is rubbish.

1. If you like have 1000 mentors, if you are not ready to be successful you can never change

2. Most poor people the only enemy they have is themselves. No matter what you show them, they can never see the good in what you say. Some might go around mocking you for the advice you give them because they fail to see the big picture

3. Poverty is a mentality. If you dot unlearn that mentality, and relearn rich man mentality, you can never be rich. O matter how much you are given, you will not see that money tomorrow

4. Poor people, they try once and gas out immediately to quick to throw in the towel once things don't go their way

5. You see poor people, they are too proud to take a spanking. They think everything is plug and play. Too quick to blame everyone they find I their way esp this article you wrote this is why I 'come vex' and typed this reply.
Some advice you may not understand them till after 2 yrs or 5yrs.

I have trained a lot of people and I am qualified to tell you my experience I got from these individuals
Some rich people they Can't disclose what they spent close to 15 yrs learning to poor people because they can see thru poor people and see that you are one proud mother fcker, you are not patient to learn, too excited to make conclusions and you talk too much they give you beer and make. You go to sleep

My bro if you want to be rich one word of advice for you (that's if you will take it) be humble, be patient and keep your mouth shut. At time they act like jerks to test your patience and loyalty. Don't talk more than your mentor give him gifts to appreciate him. Its then he will open to you

My mentors Robert T. Kiyosaki, Peter Obi, Adaobi Ariguzo, Nonso Olemeforo, Donald J. Trump, mother theresa

When u start ur write up d way u did, I wonder how u train & mentor people
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 25, 2019
castro316:

Were you refering to pastors? You are damn right..laughing quietly to myself

Not really referring to them, but generally to everyone who dishes out advice. I don't just accept advice without weighing other factors about the person, like his/her current situation and their past too. Some persons are like coaches who don't play, but can give you tips and advice. grin
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by whytediamond(m): 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
Elliot2:
u dey reason with ur anus.

OK, I accept I reason with my anus. Tell me exactly what I should have typed assuming I'm using your hi-tech brain.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by castro316: 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2019
lexy2014:

Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by castro316: 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2019
lexy2014:

Bros I repeat. This post is rubbish....so where should I get advice from? hope you read my post very well before you quoted me?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by lexy2014: 3:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
castro316:

Bros I repeat. This post is rubbish....so where should I get advice from? hope you read my post very well before you quoted me?

I read both ur posts but d introduction 2 ur post got my attention. If u say u are trainer& a mentor, how do u train people with d kind of language u use? If someone says something u don't agree with, does that make it "rubbish"? U don't have 2 agree with everyone's viewpoint but u don't have 2b disrespectful about it either. If u say u deal with human beings, then by now u should understand that life isn't black& white. Its in shades of different colours. Most times, our orientation, background & life's experiences shape our perception of life. So d author of d post wrote what he wrote based on his own experience. If u didn't agree with him, there are a million & one ways of making that known without being disrespectful. Am sure u have trained people on leadership. Leadership is also about understanding people. If u don't understand them, u can't change them. U will only end up judging them&getting frustrated cos they don't c things ur way.

This is an excerpt from d article. Pls go thru it.:

"Thus, because a man is rich doesn’t really qualify him to be the appropriate person to advice you. Pretty much, it’s not bad for a rich man to advice you.

But before you apply his principles, you have to make sure he’s richly a guru in that specific area. Importantly also, this rich must have the major latest experience about your business, ideas or aims.

Ensure to dig out what problems and how they faced these major problems they faced before attaining that status, because they might have forgotten most. Money is mad. It makes you forget many challenges in your old pasts.

It’s not until a rich man gives you an advice before you believe them and start making money right away. Few times, a guru who isn’t even wealthy and you know is seasoned in your area, is best than a billionaire who would encourage you that your stones can still be cooked to soft."

I clearly don't c what he said that is out of place. Where is d "rubbish" in d write up? If for instance I want 2go into farming and I go to Jim ovia or tony elumelu cos they are rich, what type of advice will they give regards farming? If I go 2a retired civil servant who worked as a farm extension officer or an agric expert who isnt rich, his advice will b more useful as regards farming than what I will get from Jim Ovia or Tony.

D author was being realistic at d same time balanced. What he wrote isn't straight from books but based on day to day human interaction. Unfortunately, u weren't able to counter anything he said in ur post. Ur post was basically about d mentality of d poor.

From where do u get advice? D author didn't say u shouldn't get advice from d rich but that u should b circumspect about it. Not everything they say might b useful. Some folks who aren't rich might have more useful advice 4u in particular areas than d so called rich folks. Nothing is cast in stone
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by oblaak(m): 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2019
Camlady:

Nah, Skype only hun. smiley

I'm on a computer at the moment...
Not smartphone.
This boy, they've exposed you on the other thread and you have changed handle. Skype kor, FaceTime ni.. Go hustle Bros.. Leave that girl's Instagram page alone.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by castro316: 5:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
lexy2014:

I read both ur posts but d introduction 2 ur post got my attention. If u say u are trainer& a mentor, how do u train people with d kind of language u use? If someone says something u don't agree with, does that make it "rubbish"? U don't have 2 agree with everyone's viewpoint but u don't have 2b disrespectful about it either. If u say u deal with human beings, then by now u should understand that life isn't black& white. Its in shades of different colours. Most times, our orientation, background & life's experiences shape our perception of life. So d author of d post wrote what he wrote based on his own experience. If u didn't agree with him, there are a million & one ways of making that known without being disrespectful. Am sure u have trained people on leadership. Leadership is also about understanding people. If u don't understand them, u can't change them. U will only end up judging them&getting frustrated cos they don't c things ur way.

"Thus, because a man is rich doesn’t really qualify him to be the appropriate person to advice you. Pretty much, it’s not bad for a rich man to advice you.

But before you apply his principles, you have to make sure he’s richly a guru in that specific area. Importantly also, this rich must have the major latest experience about your business, ideas or aims.

Ensure to dig out what problems and how they faced these major problems they faced before attaining that status, because they might have forgotten most. Money is mad. It makes you forget many challenges in your old pasts.

It’s not until a rich man gives you an advice before you believe them and start making money right away. Few times, a guru who isn’t even wealthy and you know is seasoned in your area, is best than a billionaire who would encourage you that your stones can still be cooked to soft."

I clearly don't c what he said that is out of place. Where is d "rubbish" in d write up? If for instance I want 2go into farming and I go to Jim ovia or tony elumelu cos they are rich, what type of advice will they give regards farming? If I go 2a retired civil servant who worked as a farm extension officer or an agric expert who isnt rich, his advice will b more useful as regards farming than what I will get from Jim Ovia or Tony.

D author was being realistic at d same time balanced. What he wrote isn't straight from books but based on day to day human interaction. Unfortunately, u weren't able to counter anything he said in ur post. Ur post was basically about d mentality of d poor.

From where do u get advice? D author didn't say u shouldn't get advice from d rich but that u should b circumspect about it. Not everything they say might b useful. Some folks who aren't rich might have more useful advice 4u in particular areas than d so called rich folks. Nothing is cast in stone

Bro if you read my reasons for calling this rubbish you will know why. How can you come here with all your ignorance and post such trash. So who are you supposed to get advice from? Some People like this op think that to get rich is plug and play therefore after trying to seek Advice from rich people probably and did not succeed came here to advice others not to do so. What kind of stupid post is that? Hey it is not a must to be rich o so if you are not happy with what I said just continue what you were doing. Success or being wealthy is not for everyone.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by castro316: 6:00pm On Jan 25, 2019
lexy2014:

Let me tell you. Before I got to where I am. My mentor will tell me "you are stupid" I never said a word because teaching sometimes can be frustrating to the person teaching. does that mean I should quit learning? Bro the road to success is very narrow and its not for everyone so if you can't take shiit, enjoy you life of mediocrity
Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by lexy2014: 6:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
castro316:

Bro if you read my reasons for calling this rubbish you will know why. How can you come here with all your ignorance and post such trash. So who are you supposed to get advice from? Some People like this op think that to get rich is plug and play therefore after trying to seek Advice from rich people probably and did not succeed came here to advice others not to do so. What kind of stupid post is that? Hey it is not a must to be rich o so if you are not happy with what I said just continue what you were doing. Success or being wealthy is not for everyone.

I still don't no what ur argument is about& y u so emotional about d issue. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any response u made were u intelligently dissected d points d OP made. I dont c were u intelligently brought out d points that he made which are wrong. D only thing u have done is 2 use foul language which in d end hasn't made any difference.

All d answers to d questions u are asking are in d write up& also my write up, but u are just too emotional to read it or 2 try 2 understand d point d OP was making. Like I said earlier, d OP is entitled 2 his opinion cos he has his experiences& orientation which have shaped his perception. But u feel everyone must c things ur way& if they don't they "ignorant& stupid"? That isn't mature.

As a trainer& mentor that u say u are, u don't seem 2 have d temperament 2 lead people or talk 2 people. If people have a different view from yours, are u going 2 use denigrating words 2 address them? U aren't d one sharing riches, are u? If u aren't, then y d use of all these invectives 4a simple matter?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why Taking Advice From The Rich Might Be Dangerous- Ideaflavour by eventsmallchops: 12:18pm On Jan 28, 2019
@Sir. Eezeribe are you online now So I can give you my contact that you requested for , I want to give it to you then removed it because the last time I posted it here, I was getting unreasonable calls from unknown person and I had to remove it , good morning Sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Stop Being A Procrastinator? / How To Charm Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace By Johnspeak Uwangue / I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.