Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,371 members, 7,958,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:12 AM

2019 Elections: Archbishop Obinna Reveals Who Imo People Will Vote For - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Elections: Archbishop Obinna Reveals Who Imo People Will Vote For (610 Views)

2023 Elections Are An Improvement On 2003, 2007 And 2019 Elections - Reno Omokri / 2019 Elections: Outbreak Of BMC Propagandists On Nairaland (See Clear Evidence ) / 2019 ELECTIONS: Saraki, Dogara’s Supporters Consider ADC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Archbishop Obinna Reveals Who Imo People Will Vote For by mikkywebs(m): 7:52am On Jan 25, 2019
To the Imo Electorate and to Imo Political office aspirants

Beloved Imo People,

On your behalf I thank Almighty God who made it possible for us to gather together as one extensive Imo family to pray for peaceful elections in Imo State and by extension in Nigeria as a whole. Through the acknowledgement of our corporate and personal sins and failings, through the almost desperate quest for political office by various political aspirants, we realize how Imo State like a boat in a sea-storm, is threatened by excessive greed and competition, unjust access to money, exploitation of the people’s poverty, sharing of money often stolen or looted, the people’s money and resort to demonic violence.

Since God is not interested in the death of a sinner, but in his or her repentance, and of course in the restitution of stolen money to their rightful owners, we have penitently asked God to forgive us all corporately and individually, while expecting that those among us hoarding or keeping unjustly people’s money, will sooner than later return them either publicly or discreetly. Indeed, says the Lord our God;

If my people who bear my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my presence and turn from their wicked ways, then I will listen from heaven and forgive their sins and restore their country. Now for the future my eyes are open and my ears attentive to prayer offered in this place. 2 Chron. 7:14-15.

Praying, repenting, restoring stolen goods and seeking God’s forgiveness will not end with today’s special occasion. It is a duty and a challenge that must be carried on to the election days and all through our lives, wherever you go, wherever you live.

Now cleansed and nourished by the word of God and the Bread of Life, Jesus Christ, our food and drink, and in view of the elections we ask and I ask three vital questions:

What shall we vote for?
Whom shall we vote for?
How will we/ I vote?

To the first question –

What shall we vote for?
I answer and we should answer:

a. Vote for the Freedom of Imo People
If we do so we will be voting against the tyrannization and enslavement of Imo people either by so-called powerful men who use money to prevent or sway impoverished or greedy citizens from voting freely, rightly and according to their personal choice and decision. Indeed the PVC, the Permanent Voter’s card should mean People Voting Correctly, People Voting the Conscience, People Voting Christ.

b. Vote for Joy and Unity among Imo People
If we vote for freedom and thus for respect for every conscience, every Imo citizen, we would equally vote for the joy of every Imo citizen and this common joy will evoke a common sense of belonging to Imo State, a state-wide spirit of unity. If, when or where a rotational sense of equity among the three zones of Imo State will aid the overall unity of Imo people, such rotational equity should be welcomed.

c. Vote for Peace in Imo State
If we vote freely, without intimidation, without manipulation or ‘money-pulation’, without violence, if we vote joyfully with a spirit of corporate goodness, equity and unity, then an atmosphere of peace will be new-created in Imo State; encouraging free, joyful moment throughout Imo State and minimizing the need for multiple security teams – governmental and private, as well as indescript vigilante groups.

To the second question –

Whom shall we vote for?
I answer and we should answer, in the spirit of our response to the first question but with fear and trembling:

Read more at https://theleaderassumpta.com/archbishop-obinnas-message-imo-state-electorate-ahead-2019-general-elections/

Re: 2019 Elections: Archbishop Obinna Reveals Who Imo People Will Vote For by nzeobi(m): 7:57am On Jan 25, 2019
vote for freedom i.e vote out Rochas and his stooges.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Archbishop Obinna Reveals Who Imo People Will Vote For by nonsobaba: 8:13am On Jan 25, 2019
The Bishop won't loud it, but it is obvious to everyone in Imo that he has a soft spot for APGA. APGA will win Imo.

(1) (Reply)

Kwara Gained Nothing Under PDP/GEJ- Bukola Saraki(photo) / Reni Omokri Shares A Video Of Buhari Stoned In Ogun State, Nigerians Reacts / Video: How INEC HQ Karu Is Deliberately Disenfranchising Southernerns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.