Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? (2944 Views)

How Has God Been Faithful To You In The Last 9 Months / Omotosho Tope 2019 Prophecies: 'A Governor Will Die After Few Months In Office' / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by johnydon22(m): 12:42pm On Jan 25, 2019
Governor of New york just signed into law a new bill removing the protection on viable unborn babies legalizing abortion up to 9 months.

What are your thoughts on this?

Do you support abortion of a baby even at a viable stage?

Is this morally permissible by your own moral judgement?
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by haladadon: 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
WTF
why would a woman wait for 9 me months before she realize that she doesn't want the child anymore and abort it.

there are so many ways of avoiding pregnancy why are women so bent on abortion.
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by Martinez19(m): 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2019
Immoral. People who would celebrate this are sick in the head. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by johnydon22(m): 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
Martinez19:
Immoral. People who would celebrate this are sick in the head. sad
on what ground is this immoral?
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by hahn(m): 1:00pm On Jan 25, 2019
Share the link to the full story @johnnydon22

Who waits till 9 months and then decides they don't want the baby?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by LuciferCelibate: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2019
I support this.

Why?
Aborting a baby at this stage increases the chances that the mother will die.

Anything to eliminate those useless creatures has my full support.

*spits angry

2 Likes

Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by Martinez19(m): 1:14pm On Jan 25, 2019
johnydon22:
on what ground is this immoral?
A baby at nine months is now a living being. You don't take away innocent lives. People should learn to stand up to their responsibilities. wink

NB: I have decided to adopt scientific definitions rather than the subjective one I used in our last discussion.
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by Athena4: 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2019
LuciferCelibate:
I support this.

Why?

*spits angry
You also part of the useless creatures y'know. This one na monicker number 100. This strike has really done shît to u. Bros go and hustle and get some cool cash.

1 Like

Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by johnydon22(m): 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
Martinez19:
A baby at nine months is now a living being.
What do you mean living being?

You don't take away innocent lives. People should learn to stand up to their responsibilities. wink
Why is killing innocent lives wrong?

NB: I have decided to adopt scientific definitions rather than the subjective one I used in our last discussion.
Which is?
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by johnydon22(m): 1:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
LuciferCelibate:
I support this.

Why?

*spits angry
what the heck?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by johnydon22(m): 1:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
hahn:
Share the link to the full story @johnnydon22

https://californiafamily.org/2019/new-york-senate-passes-bill-legalizing-late-term-abortions/

Who waits till 9 months and then decides they don't want the baby?

It is not a matter of who will.

It is a matter of "it is now legal" therefore, do you think it is right or wrong?

1 Like

Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by Martinez19(m): 1:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
johnydon22:

Which is?
grin grin grin cheesy *runs out of thread* grin
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by Martinez19(m): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
johnydon22:

Which is?
grin grin grin cheesy Not again. I am not built for this *runs out of thread* grin
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by johnydon22(m): 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
Martinez19:
grin grin grin cheesy Not again. I am not built for this *runs out of thread* grin
Hahahahahaha. I don die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by Blakjewelry(m): 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2019
at nine month? that is murder
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by johnydon22(m): 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2019
Blakjewelry:
why?
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by Anas09: 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2019
Blakjewelry:
Is it murder because it's done at 9months or because it is still murder even if it is done at 1month?

1 Like

Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by AryEmber(f): 3:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
johnydon22:
why?
You and abortion sha!
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by Seun(m): 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2019
It’s a lie. You can abort at any time if the baby is not viable. If the baby is 7, 8, or 9 months old and healthy then it is viable and you cannot abort it. You can only induce early labour or deliver it by a Caesarian section. Also the new legal situation applies to when the mothers life is at risk, as I remember it.

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by johnydon22(m): 4:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
AryEmber:
You and abortion sha!
I know right?
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by hahn(m): 5:03pm On Jan 25, 2019
johnydon22:

https://californiafamily.org/2019/new-york-senate-passes-bill-legalizing-late-term-abortions/

It is not a matter of who will.

It is a matter of "it is now legal" therefore, do you think it is right or wrong?

Since it is legal then it is right
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by johnydon22(m): 5:05pm On Jan 25, 2019
hahn:

Legality means right huh? Are you really sure about that?
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by AryEmber(f): 5:06pm On Jan 25, 2019
johnydon22:
I know right?
Now, what point are you trying to drive out gan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by AryEmber(f): 5:07pm On Jan 25, 2019
hahn:

For real?
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by johnydon22(m): 5:08pm On Jan 25, 2019
AryEmber:
Now, what point are you trying to drive out gan?
read the OP again.

Note the questions.

Then think about it.

Then comment again based on the premise the OP raised
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by hahn(m): 5:17pm On Jan 25, 2019
AryEmber:
For real?
johnydon22:

Yes
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by johnydon22(m): 5:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
hahn:

Yes

Slavery was right or wrong?

The holocaust was right or wrong?

North Korea executing people for not supporting the government, morally right or wrong?

What do you think about the moral permissibility of these examples?
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
not good - totally against this !!!
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by Blakjewelry(m): 5:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
Anas09:

Is it murder because it's done at 9months or because it is still murder even if it is done at 1month?
I feel its murder once organs are already formed.
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by johnydon22(m): 5:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
frosbel2:
not good - totally against this !!!

Why?
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by hahn(m): 5:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
johnydon22:

Slavery was right or wrong?

The holocaust was right or wrong?

North Korea executing people for not supporting the government, morally right or wrong?

What do you think about the moral permissibility of these examples?

As long as the constitution of the nation supports it I don't see how being moral or not matters.

It is against the law to engage in homosexual activities in Nigeria. Whether I feel humans are morally obligated to love whoever they want really doesn't matter and won't stop homosexuals getting arrested.

Was slavery wrong? Well at the time it wasn't and it was a profitable business. Is it wrong now? Yes

Was the holocaust even legal ie was it in the German constitution? We all know that was just Hitler high on assholicious.

North Korea executing people for what it probably termed treason was probably right.

Some people will argue that cheating is right because men are naturally polygamous.

We cannot judge everything by the same principles of whether it is moral or not.

What about in situations where it is necessary?

For instance we will all argue that murder is wrong right?

Some years ago I read a story of how a family was caught up in book haram territory. Now there was the mother, father and about five kids and while they were hiding the baby, less than a year, started crying and the father had to close it's mouth to stop it from making noise and in the process ended up suffocating the baby to death.

If he hadn't done that they would have all been killed. It might not be moral but it was necessary.

Just saying
Re: It Is Now Legal to Abort A Child At 9 Months In New York. Thoughts? by hahn(m): 6:00pm On Jan 25, 2019
johnydon22:

Do you think it is right or wrong?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? / African Consciousness Vs European Christian Imperialism, By Dr Ray Hagins / Coming Mark Of The Beast 666 And CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.