Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action (66285 Views)

Femi Falana Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi's Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Antoeni(m): 10:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
I am been told that according to Section 11 of the Interpretation Act, Cap 123, Vol. 8, LFN, 2004, the President can suspend indefinitely but not remove without senate and this is what has been exercised

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by GIFTD: 10:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
He should lie sabi or would had said what?
Tetehjewels:
Cry me a waterfall saraki. Mr President has been handed the right to suspend the CJN by the CJN himself when he admitted in writing that he "forgot " to declare his assets which is against the law.

He thus cannot be a judge in his own case.

Blame the CJN and not Buhari.

Plus the constitution of Nigeria as you rightfully observed is silent regarding suspension but clear when it comes to removal. Thus it places no limitations on Mr President when it comes to suspending the CJN. It only does so when it comes to removal.

Case closed.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by daftpikin: 10:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
Aufbauh:
The suspension of the CJN by PMB is one of the wisest decision this administration has taken since it assumption.
Nigeria is not a Banana Republic and we can't be perpetually impeded by frivolous technicalities in obviously clear case of misconduct.

Saraki and Co can rant till thy kingdom come but the true spirit of the law will have it way.

Just imagine
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by adanny01(m): 10:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
Aufbauh:
The suspension of the CJN by PMB is one of the wisest decision this administration has taken since it assumption.
Nigeria is not a Banana Republic and we can't be perpetually impeded by frivolous technicalities in obviously clear case of misconduct.

Saraki and Co can rant till thy kingdom come but the true spirit of the law will have it way.

Way to go Buhari.

I never thought you had it in you to do the needful. Our laws have been turned upside down and loopholes have been found and created everywhere around the constitution.

The president who enjoys very detailed immunity from the constitution is not protected against criminal prosecution but Judges want to prevent themselves from all prosecution whether criminal or otherwise. Its wrong, the section of the constitution the judges are using to shield the CJN doesnot intend to give such kind of immunity to any Nigerian.

How can the CJN admit to a crime but is defended by Nigerians. Have we sold our conscience for tribalism and political affiliation?

For me, I would never support corruption or a corrupt individual.

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by sleemomymy: 10:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
When SARAKI and co are busy committing political blonder he did not know abi. Now baba don show you say wetin papa take pass pikin no be small you dey here they cry. You are a toner SARAKI.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Philinho(m): 10:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
Aufbauh:

Shut up your mouth and stop conflicting yourself.where is the "true spirit of the law" .Talking like an illiterate..This is democracy for your information .
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by terryflexy: 10:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
If the judiciary can not stand as one and fight for the right thing. I feel sorry for the Nigeria judges, because we the common man is finished.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by propsvila: 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
Aufbauh:

You sound so unbelievable the question here is there a constitutional provision for the president's action or is he acting on his own accord. Simply put it that the Constitution is technically suspended. The Cabal pushing this old man will definitely push him to fire. I expect Niger Delt to retaliate and rebuff this assault. You cannot beat a child and expect him not to cry. Buhari is an error that must be corrected in Nigeria.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
Tribal bigot..

Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
naijapips04:

did you read the C part of that crap?

and that you think Buhari solely appoints a CJN shows the depth of your cranial reserves.

I just explained the c part to you in my own comment and you are still referring me to the c part. Are you such a mega dunderhead like this?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by naijapips04: 10:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
Tetehjewels:

I just explained the c part to you in my own comment and you are still referring me to the c part. Are you such a mega dunderhead like this?

well your understanding is too shallow.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
GIFTD:
He should lie sabi or would had said what?

The CJN himself has admitted in writing his "crime of omission" so anyone making noise now like Saraki is simply doing what I just said, A NOISE MAKER.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by youthgear: 10:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
For A Male House help Or Cook In Port Harcourt Please Call 09065070111
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by naijapips04: 10:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
adanny01:

Way to go Buhari.

I never thought you had it in you to do the needful. Our laws have been turned upside down and loopholes have been found and created everywhere around the constitution.

The president who enjoys very detailed immunity from the constitution is not protected against criminal prosecution but Judges want to prevent themselves from all prosecution whether criminal or otherwise. Its wrong, the section of the constitution the judges are using to shield the CJN doesnot intend to give such kind of immunity to any Nigerian.

How can the CJN admit to a crime but is defended by Nigerians. Have we sold our conscience for tribalism and political affiliation?

For me, I would never support corruption or a corrupt individual.

I hope you have arrested kemi adesuwa that,has over and over again admitted to a crime of forgery?
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by nonsobaba: 10:33pm On Jan 25, 2019
Felixv:

yes..it's sad that a man who is the CJN can blatantly hide money in his account and then say he forgot --what message is that to the international community ----

but I am not surprised at saraki's response ----but what exactly is his next line of action
He doesn't have a next line of action because he knows Buhari is right. He just ranted here and there and ended the whole nonsense appealing to Buhari to reinstate the corrupt CJN.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 25, 2019
naijapips04:

well your understanding is too shallow.

Ei incumbit probatio qui. Please I implore you, take me deeper
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Lifestone(m): 10:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
Aufbauh:

Even Adolf Hitler had supporters for his obnoxious policies. Nigeria is gradually sliding into dictatorship and soon you will be at the receiving end. Yesterday it was Saraki and the judiciary was hailing the Executive on, it's their turn today and I hope it won't be your turn tomorrow. Any society that don't respect the rule of law will soon descend into anarchy.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Fontmanager1(m): 10:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
Omeokachie:
Nigeria died today, aged 58.
You are not far from the truth sir, she just went into serious coma.
Barely twenty something days to a presidential election, you are excercising an authority not conferred on you by the constitution.
I thought Buharis Vp is a prof in law
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by yemiakeem20(m): 10:36pm On Jan 25, 2019
Oya, start dancing...... You can try to initiate impeachment process, if you are man enough.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Dchair2: 10:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
Aufbauh:

Setting a bad precedence that might haunt the supporters of this anomaly
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Evercurious(f): 10:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
Ategberoson:

no mistake. when Kemi was force to resign did you see Yoruba crying as you people are doing

I even fault Buhari for not suspending him immediately. it shows he's not tyrant as people painted him, he must have been bullied for calling himself a no nonsense general and allowing the CJN to stay

suspending the CJN gives Buhari corruption fighting a sound recognition. Buhari deserve second term for this

WILL YOU SHUT UP . FOOLISHNESS PERSONIFIED
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by wealth2al(m): 10:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
naijapips04:

I hope you have arrested kemi adesuwa that,has over and over again admitted to a crime of forgery?

Why are you being deliberately daft. Kemi did the right thing by resigning after explaining what happened.

The CJN admitted both orally and in writing that he actually is guilty of the "crime of omission/forgetfulness" when it came to declaring his assets.

Yet he refused to step aside as is the honorable thing to do in law. He rather chose to tow the path of Judicial rascality by suspending indefinitely the meeting of the NJC just so he would not be suspended.

Ask yourself who is more noble between him and kemi
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
Meritocracy:
The thief admitted to his crime and was punished and the corrupt people thief used his authority to safeguard are crying and the owner of the load are begging to spare him because they don't realise the effect on their unborn generation. I pity those defending thieves.

But why now? Why when the election is few weeks ahead. So are u telling me that buhari did not know that the man was corrupt since early last year before election?, And come to think of it how did they find out if they have not been finding something to get him down in form of "witch-hunt". Buhari should pray the judge should not come back to office, if not his second term will be so hard for him
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by yemiakeem20(m): 10:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
Lifestone:

Even Adolf Hitler had supporters for his obnoxious policies. Nigeria is gradually sliding into dictatorship and soon you will be at the receiving end. Yesterday it was Saraki and the judiciary was hailing the Executive on, it's their turn today and I hope it won't be your turn tomorrow. Any society that don't respect the rule of law will soon descend into anarchy.

Bleep the rule of law.... Someone admitted he forgot to declare his assets..... You are here crying rule of law
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by cooljude(m): 10:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
Aufbauh:

I am disgusted by the likes of you. It's either you guys are too dumb with an IQ of 1 or you guys are worse than the devil.

If the president cannot follow the constitution of this country, then a motion for his impeachment should be made.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by naijapips04: 10:42pm On Jan 25, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Why are you being deliberately daft. Kemi did the right thing by resigning after explaining what happened.

The CJN admitted both orally and in writing that he actually is guilty of the "crime of omission/forgetfulness" when it came to declaring his assets.

Yet he refused to step aside as is the honorable thing to do in law. He rather chose to tow the path of Judicial rascality by suspending indefinitely the meeting of the NJC just so he would not be suspended.

Ask yourself who is more noble between him and kemi

you are quite doltiah. how, does resigning stop you from being presecuted?

kemi admitted to having for forged her certificate. And she was set free by same Buhari corruption fighter.
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by frankmoney(m): 10:42pm On Jan 25, 2019
nameo:
I see the word " gross misconduct".

That is the term for impeachment.

The Senate President should begin impeachment proceeding against the President and delegitimize him if he continues on this route.

The person or persons who advised the President on this action are really a bunch of siilly foools I swear.

By the way, where is VP Osibanjo, who is supppsed to be a Law prof. Shebi he was denying the other day that Buhari did not know any thing about the arrangement of the CJN.
shouting impeachment up and down , do you think it's that easy ? Both APC and pdp can't get 2/3rd of the house required to impeach a president
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 25, 2019
yemiakeem20:

Bleep the rule of law.... Someone admitted he forgot to declare his assets..... You are here crying rule of law

This is why I say his supporters are all extremely foolish.

A man has admitted to his crime and they are still making noise for his sake.

Why did they not blast the man for admitting to his crime? They are rather focused on he who acted based on his admission and suspended him.

All these PDP wailers are chronically and eternally corrupt
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
naijapips04:

you are quite doltiah. how, does resigning stop you from being presecuted?

kemi admitted to having for forged her certificate. And she was set free by same Buhari corruption fighter.

Can you show me where she admitted to forgery?

From memory I can tell you that she never admitted to forgery.

If you can dispute my claim then show me her admission
Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by SirBunky85(m): 10:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
Aufbauh:

I still pity people who hails saraki as political maradonna,I expected him to mobilize his colleagues and impeach pmb but here he is ranting. thank goodness for pmb who looks no face ,obj and saraki thought dat pmb is gej dat dey can threaten or bulldoze to submission

1 Like

Re: Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
onukwube1:
Animal kingdom. Buhari is a disaster to humanity

And the obviously very corrupt and compromised CJN, with loads of cash deposited in his account he somehow forgot to declare, is now a saint? The hatred of PMB will make some of you support others even far more evil becaise you think you are standing up againt Buhari. What is wrong with you people? The CJN never denied the questionable deposits into his account and the fact he erred not declaring them. He claimed he "forgot ".

Buhari gave him the chance to redeem the image of the judiciary by resigning rather than being forced out but he never did now you are here talking nonsense. Why must you guys be so partisan and unreasonable all the time? Did the CJN do wrong or not? Simple question.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Killing Of Girl At Oodua Rally: The Wound On The Body Is A Stab Wound - Police / If You No Wan Vote For APC Go Your House - Thug Threatens Voters In Lagos (vide / APC Zones Presidency To South West, VP To North East - Tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.