Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,223 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:44 PM

US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria (70118 Views)

Twitter Suspension And What It Means For Nairaland / Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect / Photos Of Tanko Mohammed, The Acting Chief Justice Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by baby124: 4:51pm On Jan 26, 2019
Rubbiish:

Face your feminism campaign, instead of embarrassing yourself, u have nothing to offer....empty head!
Wait until UN, UK , start issuing statement, then u will know no one man is bigger than the world...
I see you are a fan. Keep on being a fan. Please don’t forget to follow me. I suspect though that you are a loyal follower with another Moniker. Sounds like you are also in love with me with this level of passion. I have 5 children if you are that desperate to be a side boo.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by dingbang(m): 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2019
I wish Jonathan refused handing over to buhari
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2019
dingbang:
People would have been killed...
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Rubbiish(m): 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2019
baby124:

I see you are a fan. Keep on being a fan. Please don’t forget to follow me. I suspect though that you are a loyal follower with another Moniker. Sounds like you are also in love with me with this level of passion. I have 5 children if you are that desperate to be a side boo.
Continue consoling yourself...I honestly sorry for your husband...
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by baby124: 4:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
Rubbiish:

Continue consoling yourself...I honestly sorry for your husband...
My husband worships the ground I walk on. He’s also a feminist. Pity yourself.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
slightlyMad:
For those chanting this is just a suspension and still don't understand why Nigeria is boiling because of this.
Nigeria's democracy is being threatened

it is because this is the beginning of the downfall of our democracy.
the next president will weigh this act when deciding how to handle opposition.
Then we will end up in a situation where our constitution will be ignored and presidents will begin to do as they wish
this may get as bad as sealing of court premises to prevent judgements, executing oppositions etc.

We need countries like US, France, UK etc to sanction Nigeria
not just tweet, Nigeria is in grave danger
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Rubbiish(m): 4:58pm On Jan 26, 2019
dingbang:
It was the best decision sir...We would have thought buhari is a Messiah and keep on blaming GEJ. It is best we experience it, even though we had to suffer for it...Regardless of what ever happens, buhari will not remain there forever...

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by emmy2244: 5:01pm On Jan 26, 2019
Bubu cabal brain needs to corrected or reset may God Save our dear country Nigeria from the wicked hand of the so called rulers,this is the worst Nigeria has ever had in the history of Nigeria leadership

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 26, 2019
publicenemy:
How many judges has Donald Trump replace since he became president?

A corrupt government telling us how to run our country.

the way zombies are programmed sef.

Trump replaces his Attorney General. which is his appointee. Buhari has full right to replace agf Malami any day any time.

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Rubbiish(m): 5:04pm On Jan 26, 2019
baby124:

My husband worships the ground I walk on. He’s also a feminist. Pity yourself.
I said i sorry for your husband because i knew u must have emasculated him. Any man living with u can't remain d same. u will make him empty...That man must be going through alot...Buhari's supporters are just like him, heartless people with empty head...na wa oo
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by naijapips04: 5:05pm On Jan 26, 2019
publicenemy:

let me try your intelligence. How many?
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 26, 2019
malali:
USA Embassy should not meddle with our elections or sovereignty
When TRUMP shut down the embassy for 35 days where was the voice of the USA embassy
Black people are killed every day in the USA....Where is the voice of the USA EMBASSY
Looted funds are taken to American accounts and used to support American Economy Where is the voice of the embassy
When Trump called our whole continent shit-hole where was the voice of the embassy
When The USA resident journalist was slaughtered in an embassy of Turkey...kashoggi........You were not this loud.....Now all of a sudden we can hear your voice
Trump fired James Comey,FBI director,fired jeff sessions, Attorney general of USA....We are yet to hear your voice on such issues....USA Embassy
Can you please stick to issuing visas and let Nigerians run Nigeria

USA Embassy we know you care.....Thanks for caring.

Zombies and the way they are programmed sef...

FBI director and the Attorney General are trump's apointees. Buhari cancelled also fire the new igp and abubakar Malawi any day any time and no noise will be heard. SMH
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by BlackSpanner: 5:08pm On Jan 26, 2019
Wisdom1234:
SCHOOL OF NURSING FORM IS OUT,Registration and Coaching is on, for past questions and admission assistance, call-09029790982

Abeg which of the school of nursing are u referring to
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by LegacyB: 5:08pm On Jan 26, 2019
US should purge itself first. Your government was shut down for over 35days nothing happened.Now Ure meddling in our own affair. I no blame una after now una go Dey sulk say Russia Dey manipulate una election. Buhari we know. US stay ur lane.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by fortune1968: 5:08pm On Jan 26, 2019
Wetin concern una wit our mata ? nonsense embassy .
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by baby124: 5:09pm On Jan 26, 2019
Rubbiish:

I said i sorry for your husband because i knew u must have emasculated him. Any man living with u can't remain d same. u will make him empty...That man must be going through alot...Buhari's supporters are just like him, heartless people with empty head...na wa oo
Lmao. My husband is not an emotional wreck like you waiting for a thief to come into power so you can eat. My husband is very successful and secure man. Like I said pity you and your supporters. Tell Atiku to return our 40 million dollars. His co-conspirator is in prison in the US. Shame on you. You truly speak rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by wasuka14(m): 5:09pm On Jan 26, 2019
Certainly and in reality to sanitized our country for corruption many heads must roll. That's what we youths of this nation must understand. Onoghe is wrong in all ramification of law no doubts about that.
sgd:
“The Embassy of the United States is deeply concerned by the impact of the executive branch’s decision to suspend and replace the Chief Justice and head of the judicial branch without the support of the legislative branch on the eve of national and state elections.

We note widespread Nigerian criticism that this decision is unconstitutional and that it undermines the independence of the judicial branch. That undercuts the stated determination of government, candidates, and political party leaders to ensure that the elections proceed in a way that is free, fair, transparent, and peaceful – leading to a credible result.

We urge that the issues raised by this decision be resolved swiftly and peacefully in accordance with due process, full respect for the rule of law, and the spirit of the Constitution of Nigeria. Such action is needed urgently now to ensure that this decision does not cast a pall over the electoral process.”

https://ng.usembassy.gov/statement-on-the-suspension-and-replacement-of-the-chief-justice/
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by sleemomymy: 5:10pm On Jan 26, 2019
Nigeria is a sovereign country. The American should keep distance from our domestic issue.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by ezebanty: 5:13pm On Jan 26, 2019
Every News is all about President Buhari and CJN

Did the CJN break the law or not ?
If yes, would it be morally right for him to still preside as he highest officer despite you and i knowing how corrupt this judges are now ?
Please let's forget sentiment here , the CJN knew following the due process will surely favour him . You can't disagree with me there is grand for corruption in the NJC , In a sane clime , the man should have honourably step aside but he faithfully knows the constitution and due process will favour him. Our constitution must be rewritten if we must make progress in Nigeria...

#FLASHBACK#
PDP did same thing to Justice Ayo Salami

God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by LegacyB: 5:13pm On Jan 26, 2019
Viergeachar:
Great.

Buhari must be resisted.

Buharists are loooonatics and lower than animals.
.lol una February 16th go sweet .Buharist in the House pls don’t insult anyone. Our fellow compatriots are in mUch pains.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by somehow: 5:14pm On Jan 26, 2019
Yes, he didn't use force on Onnoghen, a competent court suspended him!
ezkimow:

Was the president civil?
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by LegacyB: 5:16pm On Jan 26, 2019
ezebanty:
Every News is all about President Buhari and CJN

Did the CJN break the law or not ?
If yes, would it be morally right for him to still preside as he highest officer despite you and i knowing how corrupt this judges are now ?
Please let's forget sentiment here , the CJN knew following the due process will surely favour him . You can't disagree with me there is grand for corruption in the NJC , In a sane clime , the man should have honourably step aside but he faithfully knows the constitution and due process will favour him. Our constitution must be rewritten if we must make progress in Nigeria...

#FLASHBACK#
PDP did same thing to Justice Ayo Salami

God Bless Nigeria
Thanks comrade u are very intelligent.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by somehow: 5:16pm On Jan 26, 2019
If Onnoghen respect the law, why did he refuse to honor the summon? A law holder disrespecting summons!
Rubbiish:

Of what use is d court when u are dealing with someone who has no regard for rule of law?

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by guruxxy(m): 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2019
WritePal:
[b][b]Yes! It has started. The US Embassy is the voice of the US government and president in that country on issues of urgent concern. This impunity by buhari - believing he can do anything and get away with it and damn the millions of dissenting voices - must stop.

The US government (I trust Trump. He doesn't like buhari sef) should step up on this. Freeze all buhari and Osinbajo accounts and all cabinet members. Revoke their diplomatic visas and get UK, France and Germany to do same. Let's see where bubu will treat himself next cheesy.

In fact, they should stop buying Nigeria's oil and put an economic embargo on Nigeria. They should stop trading with bubu until his brain is reset and Atiku is sworn in. Let me see how bubu will survive.

Trump should also issue a stern warning to bubu about the next election, get thousands of election observers down here, and the EU and UK should do same. When Atiku wins on May 16, Trump, Theresa May, Emmanuel Macron and Angela Merkel should quickly recognize him as the president-elect before bubu gives further directions to Amina Zakaria and Tanko Mohammed.

If he remains obstinate, they should pressure Saraki and Dogara to get the despot impeached asap. This was never about fighting corruption. This is about the infancy of an African despot.
[/b]
Shey Trump is our father na. Mtcheeeew kiss kiss kiss
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Rubbiish(m): 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2019
baby124:

Lmao. My husband is not an emotional wreck like you waiting for a thief to come into power so you can eat. My husband is very successful and secure man. Like I said pity you and your supporters. Tell Atiku to return our 40 million dollars. His co-conspirator is in prison in the US. Shame on you. You truly speak rubbish.
U can say all u want to defame Atiku...but u know within your heart Atiku is more civilized, will be more respectful of the law than buhari. A man that evaded a debate is not worthy to be a president in saner climes, but with people like u in nigeria anything goes....This CJN issue is not about PDP but national interest. Buhari is setting a very wrong precedent that will affect generations to come, his successors will also emulate this time to come if not nipped in d bud. Who knows, your hubby maybe CJN then to receive it...

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by komodapson(m): 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2019
This thing wey u talk, I go like smoke am ó[b][/b]
Josnac:
I think we should also be looking for whoever supplied the President his last gallon of "burukutu"...

Seems they must have mixed Somalian weed grounded together with elephant shît.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by arrestdarrester: 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2019
By this the whole world can now see that Bubu has failed and APC is desperate
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Fraust40(m): 5:26pm On Jan 26, 2019
publicenemy:

Dead and retired ones.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by Rubbiish(m): 5:30pm On Jan 26, 2019
somehow:
If Onnoghen respect the law, why did he refused to honor the summon? A law holder disrespecting summons!
What are u talking?
Did the summon passed through the due procedure?
Can a junior lecturer summon the vice chancellor of a university?
Can a state governor summon buhari?
Seems u didn't offer government in secondary school.
In saner climes the CJN is as powerful as buhari.
The due process to suumon the CJN were not observed.
It would have been a disrespect to the office of the CJN if Onnoghen had honoured the summon.
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by urahara(m): 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2019
baby124:
US Embassy should not get involved in Nigerian politics. Please face what you are there for, to issue visa.

And you will be the one running to this u.s. embassy for visa when things get to hot if bubu returns
Re: US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria by ezkimow(m): 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
somehow:
Yes, he didn't use force on Onnoghen, a competent court suspended him!

The constitution clearly states how to remove the CJN, there's nothing like suspending the CJN .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Is This True About Our Minister Of Finance, Kemi Adeosun? / Governor Ayade Cries In His Office Over The Condition Of Refugees. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.