Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support (36410 Views)

Retiring Justice Musa Dattijo Muhammad Alleges Abuse Of Power By CJN / Kalu’s Appeal Court: Akpabio, Wike Working To Destroy Judiciary—lamido / How Tanko Muhammad Was "Forced" To Resign As CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
Good points but your argument is like a father who caught the killer of his child and burnt him to death, we all understand why he retaliated but when the cops come he would go to jail, doesn't matter if the child killer was going to hang in the first place.
In short, due process has to be followed,
Next you would tell us Buhari has the powers to remove the Senate president ?

seunmsg:

Sadly, you guys can’t make any point without introducing ethnocentrism into the argument. I openly supported Onnoghen when the Buhari administration didn’t want to confirm him as substantive CJN. I made lots of comments on this same platform calling for him not to be bypassed. I didn’t hate the south south then.

This same behavior is what ruined Jonathan. Yorubas did everything for him to be president and when he go into office, he turned against us and danced to the tune of the same people who opposed him.

My present stand on Onnoghen is not because of his ethnicity. It is simply because he is very crooked and partisan. I can’t stand a crooked CJN because of the enormous power vested in the Supreme Court.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by pedel: 8:07pm On Jan 26, 2019
How old are you? I am just curious. This level of reasoning can't guarantee any real life progress except 'likes and shares' on Nairaland.

kimjongJezebel:

You Yorubas that are always against anyone from the Niger Delta would one day which you never tried it but by then, it would be too late. I used to think you guys hate only the Igbos but I have realised you people hate anyone from the South that isn't Yorubas. Don't worry, you will need us one day
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by bizzibodi(m): 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2019
Oweku:
This Buhari has issues how can he bring in another Northerner as the new CJN?

Is it that no other person from other region is qualify to occupy same position?

From the supreme Court down is been headed by individuals from the Northern region..

Tomorrow they will be shouting 1 Nigeria when they lack the understanding of the word Federal character..

We have had enough..

This image speaks more..
M Tanko is the next most senior justice of d supreme court.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Mujtahida: 8:36pm On Jan 26, 2019
seunmsg:

Sadly, you guys can’t make any point without introducing ethnocentrism into the argument. I openly supported Onnoghen when the Buhari administration didn’t want to confirm him as substantive CJN. I made lots of comments on this same platform calling for him not to be bypassed. I didn’t hate the south south then.

This same behavior is what ruined Jonathan. Yorubas did everything for him to be president and when he go into office, he turned against us and danced to the tune of the same people who opposed him.

My present stand on Onnoghen is not because of his ethnicity. It is simply because he is very crooked and partisan. I can’t stand a crooked CJN because of the enormous power vested in the Supreme Court.
When it comes to this senseless weapoonized fight against corruption it's always the other man who is corrupt. Nobody looks at himself/herself and ask the question: I too am I corrupt?

Now stand before the tribunal of your own soul and judge yourself whether you are clean. It's easy to judge Onnoghen abi. Tell me you have never given bribe or accepted one, tell me that you have never cut corners or compromised the system in one way or the other, tell me you are entirely free from the miasma of corruption that embraces all of us. A society of thieves where one thief stands and condemns another thief. That's why I know this fight against corruption is a shame and a fraud because we are not honest with ourselves. It begins with you not with Onnoghen. Isaiah said ''I am a man of unclean lips and I live among a people of unclean lips". But in your own eyes you are a saint but I know you are not. Your seemingly righteous indignation is mere psychological projection. The thing is in you, you carry the virus, the sickness in your soul too!

People who believe that Buhari is fighting corruption are either ignorant or mischievous or plain stupid. Buhari himself is the living embodiment of corruption.

I do not condemn nor justify the CJN but the hypocrisy of the everyday Nigerian - who in my dealings with on a daily basis act dishonestly because of the corrupt system we have collectively (including you) created- appalls me. If Jesus were to be here in judgment he will not condemn the CJN, he will condemn you Mr Pharisee

Romans 2:22 You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?

I grew up in a detribalized environment being of military upbringing where all the tribes looked at each other as brothers but I have come to realise that in Nigeria the there are no truth as to facts. The only truths are religion, tribe and ethnicity.

3 Likes

Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by contigiency(m): 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2019
Oweku:

Is it that no other person from other region is qualify to occupy same position?

From the supreme Court down is been headed by individuals from the Northern region..

Tomorrow they will be shouting 1 Nigeria when they lack the understanding of the word Federal character..

We have had enough..

This image speaks more..

Stop talking like a school boy. buhari didn't just appoint a notherner. The court order specifically asked him to appoint the next in line as the most senior justice of the the supreme court which he obeyed.

Besides, if you were any of the judges or your brother is the next most senior and buhari ignored you and appointed another person instead of you, just because of religion and ethnicity, would you have been happy?
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Tareq1105: 9:05pm On Jan 26, 2019
kimjongJezebel:

You Yorubas that are always against anyone from the Niger Delta would one day which you never tried it but by then, it would be too late. I used to think you guys hate only the Igbos but I have realised you people hate anyone from the South that isn't Yorubas. Don't worry, you will need us one day

No, Yorubas don't have issues with Niger Deltans but Ipob who always see Yorubas as a threat economically, socially, and politically.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by TOPMAN4LIFE: 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2019
kimjongJezebel:

Don't get it twisted, it is not every Yoruba dt go against south, like me l am a Yoruba and l like IBO and South south people

2 Likes

Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Tareq1105: 9:16pm On Jan 26, 2019
naijapips04:

but a higher court, court of appeal had stopped CCT from proceeding with the trial.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/307638-breaking-appeal-court-stops-cct-from-proceeding-with-onnoghens-trial.html

or do you choose and pick which court orders to obey?

besides there's nothing on the judgment from CCT that compels Buhari to suspend/sack the CJN.

FYI, I know you will grow silent and run away as usual.

Are you not surprised that the head of Administration of Justice could have such amount in his Bank account only to claim he forgot to include it in the Asset Declaration Form?
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by MyGeneration(m): 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2019
kimjongJezebel:

when we used to tell you people, yorubas would come and say don't listen to them that we are saying it because of oil, little by little una eye don dae open.

1 Like

Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Tareq1105: 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:

they know the implication so the are saving their images ..The Sharia clown Tanko is finished

You and I know that they don't have any image left.

All they're protecting is continuation of looting especially at this election era.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Bimpe29: 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2019
I can't wait to see this happening.
PaChukwudi44:
Look at this clown.By next week we will know who truly controls the judiciary.The NJC will suspend you ,together with the NBA they will shut down the courts.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by davtown: 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2019
i degree and declared in da name of jehovah dat any day or tym buhari open his mouth and say one nigeria, thunder from heaven wil strike him in jesus name
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by yktitan15(m): 9:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
Daviddson:
The destruction is mainly coming from inside. Almost every single person in that Supreme Court has collected millions of dollars and pounds in bribe, before, to twist the cause of justice in election matters. Onnoghen gave Buhari perfect alibi to carry out his ethnic cleansing. cool I foresee Mary Odili being dragged next.
and I say if you are appointed a post like this it must be on a fair ground so as for you to be able to perform your duty with being on sided, Non of them is not corrupt, so when the time come for you to b use for their political ambitions and you said no the it is fire for you.
My take is that = if he as a clean hands he won’t have let corrupt practices go by him .
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Dollabiz: 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2019
hmm
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by allisso: 10:12pm On Jan 26, 2019
seunmsg:

Buhari acted on the orders of the CCT. A court order remains valid until it is set aside by a superior court irrespective of how we feel about its legality. Just like Femi Falana advised, Onnoghen should simply appeal the the order. That’s how the rule of law operates.
now explain this

1 Like

Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Vcblinks(m): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2019
Tareq1105:

No, Yorubas don't have issues with Niger Deltans but Ipob who always see Yorubas as a threat economically, socially, and politically.
common shut that mouth is it d ewedu idiots that beat igbos economically see d nonsense coming out of ur mouth.who do most import and exports.go to the east a normal boy boy will feed ur generation.i stay there ooh.d money flow in the east alone is amazing.Then come to d west the igbos are dominating in d import and export by far.is just d useless system made lagos and abuja d main cities and even at that.that dwarf confirmed that most houses in d so called abuja is owned by igbos.the igbos are far ahead of u ooh.so dey do owambe dey decide urself ooh.una no reach go and compare your asses with those paedophiles.igbo no be ur mate

1 Like

Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by tammie24: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2019
kimjongJezebel:

the guy is not Yoruba
He is a northerner!
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Slynation(m): 11:28pm On Jan 26, 2019
allisso:

now explain this
I bet you, you won't see them online anymore......!!
I wonder why some ignoramus are busy defending this tyranny!!
There is absolutely nothing to justify the suspension of the CJN without due process!! The President, The senate President and the CJN preside the 3 arms of government respectively, and each has powers vested on them in their respective areas...it's just like saying buhari should suspend Bukola Sarki after all he's the number1 citizen...Anyways the "sai babarians" won't understand
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by owunabastard: 11:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
seunmsg:
Good way to start his new responsibilities. We must clear out crooked judges from our judiciary. Crooks like Onnoghen have no place in the temple of justice.
before I thought that you are intelligent and knowledgeable, but with your comments on political matters on this forum, I am highly disappointed the way you reason
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Zeezxo(m): 2:36am On Jan 27, 2019
Oweku:

because you lack information

Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Oweku: 3:18am On Jan 27, 2019
somehow:
So you want him to break the law to make you happy abi? When it suits una, una nogo remember rule of law.

Tanko is the most senior!
Get it!

If you want only Southerners to occupy everywhere, tell them to be consistent and occupy opportunistic positions!

Which law, the 1 he has been breaking since he assumed office?

Has the court not granted bail to El zazaky?
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Oweku: 3:24am On Jan 27, 2019
adanny01:

The way your view this is wrong and am sure nothing i say will change the ethnic or political side you hv chosen.

Appointment into certain positions for acting capacity is usually by seniority. Typical example is INEC, CBN, SSS DG, CJN etc. In the case of a temporary vacuum in that highest office, the most senior takes over. But when it comes to appointment especially the CJN, the NJC nominates 3 of the Senior judges that have considerable time before retirement where the president can choose 1.

This one was one of such cases, the president cant just pick anyone, it has to be the most senior irrespective of where he comes from.

Meanwhile, this CJN is just acting pending the case against the former CJN.

Tnks for dis enlightenment.. But does the list of who head which position shows any form of Federal character?
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Oweku: 3:28am On Jan 27, 2019
Zeezxo:
because you lack information

You that have all the information does the position I mentioned shows that this government have federal character?
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Oweku: 3:30am On Jan 27, 2019
contigiency:

Stop talking like a school boy. buhari didn't just appoint a notherner. The court order specifically asked him to appoint the next in line as the most senior justice of the the supreme court which he obeyed.

Besides, if you were any of the judges or your brother is the next most senior and buhari ignored you and appointed another person instead of you, just because of religion and ethnicity, would you have been happy?

That's y u will never see the political aspect of his removal.. You think it because of the asset since God knows when he has not declared?
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Oweku: 3:34am On Jan 27, 2019
bizzibodi:

M Tanko is the next most senior justice of d supreme court.

That is the point.. There will always be a reason to bring in a Northerner until all the position will be taken over by people from same region..

I check all the position on that list and tell me if this government has federal character?
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by allisso: 4:03am On Jan 27, 2019
Slynation:

I bet you, you won't see them online anymore......!!
I wonder why some ignoramus are busy defending this tyranny!!
There is absolutely nothing to justify the suspension of the CJN without due process!! The President, The senate President and the CJN preside the 3 arms of government respectively, and each has powers vested on them in their respective areas...it's just like saying buhari should suspend Bukola Sarki after all he's the number1 citizen...Anyways the "sai babarians" won't understand
bro they are just as lifeless as their hero

1 Like

Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 27, 2019
Ebullience:
…swears in 250 election petition tribunal Judges
… S’Court Justices boycott event, as anxiety mounts over Onnoghen’s safety

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri

ABUJA – The Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Tanko Muhammad, has alluded to a plot to destabilize the Judiciary, saying it was time for Judges to stand and protect its integrity.

Justice Muhammad who performed his first official function by inaugurating Judges that will handle 2019 National Assembly, Governorship & State Assembly Election Petition Tribunals, on Saturday, said the Judiciary Arm of Government was passing through a turbulent period.

While addressing the 250 Election Petition Tribunal Judges at the ceremony that took place inside the Supreme Court, the Acting CJN, said: “As your lordships take the oath of office as Chairmen and Members of the Election Petition Tribunals, let me remind you that this oath is a solemn appeal to Almighty God.

“Therefore, it is to God Almighty that you will be ultimately responsible.

It is from this oath that your duties and responsibilities as Chairmen and Members of the Election Petition Tribunals in your various places of assignment spring forth and has a binding effect on each and everyone of you.

“This is an ethical undertaking to justice as well as to uphold the RuIe Of Law in our courts and tribunals.

“As such, I implore you to discharge this onerous duty diligently and with the fear of God Almighty.

“The judiciary is in the trying time, you must stand, I repeat you must stand to protect and uphold the integrity of this arm of government.

“If any other person is trying to destroy it, we should try to protect it.

“If we don’t protect it ourselves, no one can do it for us. Therefore it is our sacred duty to see that we protect the judiciary.

“I therefore congratulate you on this appointment and I urge you to see this assignment as a call to greater service to your nation.

“I encourage you to uphold and enhance the honour, integrity and standing of the judiciary and I pray that the Almighty Allah wiII bestow upon you strength, good health and wisdom and capabilities in the performance of your duties”.

Meanwhile, other Justices of the Supreme Court, boycotted the event that had few guests in attendance.

President Muhammadu Buhari had in an unprecedented move on Friday evening, suspended the substantive CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, even as he swore in Justice Muhammad to take over the leadership of the Nigerian Judiciary.

President Buhari premised his action on an ex-parte order from the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, in Abuja, where the suspended CJN is facing charges the Federal Government entered against him for allegedly failing to declare his assets as prescribed by the law.

Specifically, the CCT order read: “It is hereby ordered as follows: That the defendant/respondent shall step aside as the Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman National Judicial Council over allegation of Contravening the provisions of the code of Conducts and Tribunal Act CAP C15 Laws of the Federation 2004 pending the determination of the Motion on notice dated 10th January 2019.

“That the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria shall take all necessary measure to swear in the most senior Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria as Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman National Judicial Council in order to prevent a vacuum in the judicial arm of government pending the determination of the motion on notice”.

Meanwhile, anxiety has continued to mount over whereabouts of the suspended CJN, as stern looking armed security operatives from both the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Service, DSS, cordoned off his premises situated within the Three Arm Zone of the Federal Capital Territory.

The security operatives barred journalists and other well wishers from having access to the area.

Every attempt to reach the Senior Special Assistant to the CJN on Media, Mr. Awassam Bassey, proved abortive, as all his mobile telephone lines were switched off.

Action of the security agents has further fuelled insinuation that the embattled CJN who had earlier announced his plan to inaugurate the election petition tribunal judges, could have been placed under house arrest.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/ag-cjn-muhammad-alleges-plot-to-destroy-judiciary-seeks-support/
shut the Bleep up this rousy idiot called nCJN, Na that dry vegetable called our president scattered the judiciary but don't worry you and those fools occupying Ask Rick will be humiliated when the time comes. Ewu Hausa
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by AnanseK(m): 7:33am On Jan 27, 2019
Oweku:

Those shouting he his the next in line, that is the point, there will always be a reason.. Until the whole position will be taken over by people from 1 region..

We have had enough..

This image speaks more..

You need education about how CJN’s are selected. The ranking for the next 20 years is known to anyone who cares to find out. You will also know why your people don’t want to stay and wait at the bench for decades as there is no money there. The few of your people who chose to remain as judges enrich themselves through corruption and miscarriage of justice.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by seunmsg(m): 8:09am On Jan 27, 2019
owunabastard:
before I thought that you are intelligent and knowledgeable, but with your comments on political matters on this forum, I am highly disappointed the way you reason

Thank you for once thinking I’m intelligent and knowledgeable.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by Oweku: 9:04am On Jan 27, 2019
AnanseK:

You need education about how CJN’s are selected. The ranking for the next 20 years is known to anyone who cares to find out. You will also know why your people don’t want to stay and wait at the bench for decades as there is no money there. The few of your people who chose to remain as judges enrich themselves through corruption and miscarriage of justice.

I do boss, they know all this while, they did nothing but wait until a month to election.
Re: Tanko Muhammad Alleges Plot To Destroy Judiciary, Seeks Support by somehow: 9:15am On Jan 27, 2019
El zakazy is said to be a threat to national security. That is a terrorism issue.
Oweku:

Which law, the 1 he has been breaking since he assumed office?

Has the court not granted bail to El zazaky?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo: I Am The Most Qualified Presidential Aspirant In APC / Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Celebrates His 40th Birthday / Bayelsa Election: 3 Persons Shot, Angry Women Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.