Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible (27555 Views)

All You Need To Know About Spiritual Husband Or Wife / Why You Have A Spiritual Wife/husband: The Truth None Has Told You / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by unstoppable51(m): 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2019
From #feedmejesus.com

Nothing has made Christianity in Africa look like a serious joke more than the import of foreign beliefs and practices from African Traditional Religion and several other religions, corrupting the simplicity of Life we have in Christ.

Of all these borrowed beliefs and practices, the subject of spiritual wife, spiritual husband and spiritual babies seem to the most prevalent in this region and other places where Christians still struggle to understand basic Bible doctrines.

In Africa, it is not uncommon to find naive believers running from pillar to post in search of “special deliverance” from “wives” or “husbands” they believed to be married to in the realm of the Spirit.

If you had a dream where you are sitting together with kids on a dinning table and a beautiful young lady serves you food, the most common advice you will get when you wake up will be to meet a “very powerful” man of God to be delivered from a spiritual wife and babies.

What if you happen to have sex in the dream, especially with an unknown short black man? You will be subjected to several days of different deliverance sessions to be freed from the strongholds of a very powerful spiritual husband.

It is widely believed dreams like these will result to problems in marriage, business, academics and serious “bad-luck” in life generally if nothing is done about them.

So you find genuine Spirit-filled Christians entering all sorts of places in a bid to get “divorced” from their spiritual wives and husbands.

But what does the Bible truly say concerning the believer in Christ and spiritual marriage?

First, the believer in Christ is possessed of God spirit, soul and body. He is God’s property bought with the precious blood of His Son.

“For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:20

The above verse says both your body and spirit are God’s own since He paid a price for them.

Having purchased you for Himself, He joined you together with Christ via His Spirit.

“But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.” 1 Corinthians 6:17

Like an already purchased item would be marked and separated so no one except the owner tampers with it, God also marked your spirit, soul and body “mine” so no other strange spirit husband goes near you.

“In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.” Ephesians 1:13-14

You are now joined or married to only one man - Jesus. And by that union, He has delivered you forever from the power and reach of darkness.

“Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.” Ephesians 1:12-13

Peter in his writing also gave witness to this complete deliverance we have in Christ.

“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.” 1 Peter 2:9.

So don’t let a mere dream disturb the peace of your heart nor let any man trouble you with dream interpretations that do not have concrete footing in the scripture.

The believer in Christ does not, cannot and will never ever have any other spiritual husband apart from Christ. This is what the Bible teaches.

Do not take whatever any demon might have said at various “deliverance” prayer sessions as a basis to believe in spirit husbands or spirit wives. According to Jesus, the Devil is a liar and the father of it. He is an expert at presenting lies as truth. Only the Word holds the truth and we should stick to it.

What do you do if you happen to dream of such things today?
[b][/b]

It’s quite simple. You praise the name of the Lord, hand over the dream to God and go about your daily life like nothing happened.

If the Lord drops an interpretation in your heart (not contrary to the scriptures like the idea of Spirit spouse and kids) you pray and run with it. If you do not receive any special interpretation about it, you still trust His Word. Either way, be at complete rest, your Saviour got your back.

Most times, dreams like the two above are just our bodies and mind working together to bring the need for intimacy to attention.

Let no dream of any kind terrify or take away your joy!

Find more revelational teachings and answers to Bible questions like:
1. Can a Christian lose his Salvation
2. What does it mean to "fall from Grace"?
3. How to deal with Strife and much more
From https://www.feedmejesus.com

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by Trustme2(m): 12:13am On Jan 27, 2019
FTC is nothing my people
Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by paxonel(m): 3:56am On Jan 27, 2019
Spiritual wives and husbands do not exist, they are all fictions

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by CodeTemplar: 4:12am On Jan 27, 2019
just the same way wireless technology do not exist and are imaginations of our mind.

27 Likes

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by paxonel(m): 7:26am On Jan 27, 2019
CodeTemplar:
just the same way wireless technology do not exist and are imaginations of our mind.
it does not follow, we all understand the principles behind wireless technology that they are based on sound waves.

But this your spiritual wives and husband fictions have no root in the bible, neither are they seen existing among anyone who has ever delivered ín churches this modern day.

All those deliverance you do in church are all arranged we have done it before.

They are geared at attracting gullible people to these churches.

Have you ever asked yourself how nany educated people who truly went to school are found going to such churches?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by rentAcock(m): 8:27am On Jan 27, 2019
At what point is a dream just a dream? When I was in my teens I used to have several dreams where i was having sex with beautiful girls in my dream and I used to be scared out if my mind because I believed I had a spiritual wife or something. Dreams are created by parts of our brains to increase focus and improve our memory.

8 Likes

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:27am On Jan 27, 2019
Good thread

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by datopaper(m): 8:27am On Jan 27, 2019
It is stupidity that will make one believe in spiritual husband or whatever.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by jurgyvideos: 8:28am On Jan 27, 2019
Great article
Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by Buharimustgo16F: 8:29am On Jan 27, 2019
Bible no they lie. Na only many pastors they lie
Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by emmyreb(f): 8:30am On Jan 27, 2019
Nice article

Canon Camera for sale, check my signature
Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by gbaskiboy: 8:31am On Jan 27, 2019
I remember when spiritual wife and husband trend back then.
As for me Bible truth has liberated me from falsehood promoted by christiandom,

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by elgramz: 8:32am On Jan 27, 2019
Nothing like spiritual wife or husband

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by Emceesaka: 8:34am On Jan 27, 2019
Spiritual father nkor as prescribed by our gullible Church goer
Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by Mizwisdom(f): 8:34am On Jan 27, 2019
If you understand that there's an astral world, you won't say this. I read a bible chapter Tobit, from a catholic bible belonging to a friend. Jewish people also believe it not just Africa

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by Haywize93(m): 8:34am On Jan 27, 2019
paxonel:
Spiritual wives and husbands do not exist, they are all fictions

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by Intrepid01(m): 8:35am On Jan 27, 2019
don't worry...experience is the best teacher...yours is on the way...growing up and back then I'm yhe university I never believed in anything called spiritual attack, I tot they were all bull crap....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by netflicks(m): 8:35am On Jan 27, 2019
I use to have sex that seem to be so real with a beautiful woman in my dream...I did my research and find it to be so bad..still praying my self out of it....

God help me

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by MizyB(f): 8:35am On Jan 27, 2019
1 Corinthians 6:17
But the person who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him. (AMP)

But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.(KJV)

The spiritual husband is not just my husband but is Christ's as well because I have the same spirit as Christ.

But that would be ridiculous right?

The concept of spiritual husband or wife is null and void to the Believer.

Glory to God.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by jubianose(m): 8:37am On Jan 27, 2019
Don't let your ignorance deceive you. We are living in a very powerful spiritual age.
What you don't know, you don't know...

20 Likes

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by Lovine: 8:37am On Jan 27, 2019
Because you don't believe on anything does not mean it does not exist, just wait until you or someone too dear to you experience it

9 Likes

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by Brigges: 8:37am On Jan 27, 2019
paxonel:
it does not follow, we all understand the principles behind wireless technology that they are based on sound waves.

But this your spiritual wives and husband fictions have no root in the bible, neither are they seen existing among anyone who has ever delivered ín churches this modern day.

All those deliverance you do in church are all arranged we have done it before.

They are geared at attracting gullible people to these churches.

Have you ever asked yourself how nany educated people who truly went to school are found going to such churches?

The fact that you don't understand something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Before the principles behind wireless technology were discovered by a scientist, people would have called you an idiot if you told them it was possible. So it is with certain things of the spirit, that you haven't gotten to a level where your eyes are opened to understand them doesn't mean that they are not real

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by Godknowsbest: 8:38am On Jan 27, 2019
Cele no go nearly beat the girl die with brooms all in the name of deliverance
Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by Brigges: 8:39am On Jan 27, 2019
Mizwisdom:
If you understand that there's an astral world, you won't say this. I read a bible chapter Tobit, from a catholic bible belonging to a friend. Jewish people also believe it not just Africa
Very true

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by Truefaith: 8:39am On Jan 27, 2019
ggb
Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by Deapexboy(m): 8:39am On Jan 27, 2019
My dear! Things hard oooo, you will hardly see food self to eat in ur dreams, na spirit way eat belle full na him go get strength for sex na, my colleague is being sex starve, so he sleep with condom in his pocket at least in case he jam any spirit for dream but no way

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by wealthyhenry(m): 8:39am On Jan 27, 2019
unstoppable51:
From #feedmejesus.com

Nothing has made Christianity in Africa look like a serious joke more than the import of foreign beliefs and practices from African Traditional Religion and several other religions, corrupting the simplicity of Life we have in Christ.

Of all these borrowed beliefs and practices, the subject of spiritual wife, spiritual husband and spiritual babies seem to the most prevalent in this region and other places where Christians still struggle to understand basic Bible doctrines.

In Africa, it is not uncommon to find naive believers running from pillar to post in search of “special deliverance” from “wives” or “husbands” they believed to be married to in the realm of the Spirit.

If you had a dream where you are sitting together with kids on a dinning table and a beautiful young lady serves you food, the most common advice you will get when you wake up will be to meet a “very powerful” man of God to be delivered from a spiritual wife and babies.

What if you happen to have sex in the dream, especially with an unknown short black man? You will be subjected to several days of different deliverance sessions to be freed from the strongholds of a very powerful spiritual husband.

It is widely believed dreams like these will result to problems in marriage, business, academics and serious “bad-luck” in life generally if nothing is done about them.

So you find genuine Spirit-filled Christians entering all sorts of places in a bid to get “divorced” from their spiritual wives and husbands.

But what does the Bible truly say concerning the believer in Christ and spiritual marriage?

First, the believer in Christ is possessed of God spirit, soul and body. He is God’s property bought with the precious blood of His Son.

“For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:20

The above verse says both your body and spirit are God’s own since He paid a price for them.

Having purchased you for Himself, He joined you together with Christ via His Spirit.

“But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.” 1 Corinthians 6:17

Like an already purchased item would be marked and separated so no one except the owner tampers with it, God also marked your spirit, soul and body “mine” so no other strange spirit husband goes near you.

“In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.” Ephesians 1:13-14

You are now joined or married to only one man - Jesus. And by that union, He has delivered you forever from the power and reach of darkness.

“Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.” Ephesians 1:12-13

Peter in his writing also gave witness to this complete deliverance we have in Christ.

“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.” 1 Peter 2:9.

So don’t let a mere dream disturb the peace of your heart nor let any man trouble you with dream interpretations that do not have concrete footing in the scripture.

The believer in Christ does not, cannot and will never ever have any other spiritual husband apart from Christ. This is what the Bible teaches.

Do not take whatever any demon might have said at various “deliverance” prayer sessions as a basis to believe in spirit husbands or spirit wives. According to Jesus, the Devil is a liar and the father of it. He is an expert at presenting lies as truth. Only the Word holds the truth and we should stick to it.

What do you do if you happen to dream of such things today?
[b][/b]

It’s quite simple. You praise the name of the Lord, hand over the dream to God and go about your daily life like nothing happened.

If the Lord drops an interpretation in your heart (not contrary to the scriptures like the idea of Spirit spouse and kids) you pray and run with it. If you do not receive any special interpretation about it, you still trust His Word. Either way, be at complete rest, your Saviour got your back.

Most times, dreams like the two above are just our bodies and mind working together to bring the need for intimacy to attention.

Let no dream of any kind terrify or take away your joy!

Find more revelational teachings and answers to Bible questions like:
1. Can a Christian lose his Salvation
2. What does it mean to "fall from Grace"?
3. How to deal with Strife and much more
From https://www.feedmejesus.com

Beautifully rendered sir.

I am so glad I belong to Jesus.

Weh done Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by engrsyer(m): 8:40am On Jan 27, 2019
They do exist my people. Don't be deceived and the only way to send them back to hell is to get continuous closeness to God

12 Likes

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by helinues: 8:41am On Jan 27, 2019
Spiritual husband and wife are just accumulated of thoughts about things we encounter daily.

If you see someone daily and probably like him/her, if you do not have an opportunity to talk to the person, you might see her in your dreams. Hunch dream thoughts ( Spiritual husband/wife).

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by Petersamuel8(m): 8:42am On Jan 27, 2019
i don't believe in spirit wife,husban or children

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Spiritual Wife & Husband According To The Bible by ukaface(f): 8:45am On Jan 27, 2019
hmmmmm
you might be right @ op,coming from the scriptural aspect.
But is there a scriptural backup to people who die and are see. roaming else where. The Bible says after death is judgement, so how do you relate these two,

What I've come to understand is,thiiiiiiiinnnnngs happen in this life. things that we can't just explain even with the bible.
my thought though.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Untold Truth About The Water Goddess / Kukah Gets Pope’s Special Appointment On Human Development / 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.