Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate (9276 Views)

ADP, LP Win Senate, Reps Rerun Elections In Plateau / Babatunde Gbadamosi Arrested For Attending Funke Akindele's Party Amid Lockdown / ADP Candidate Gbadamosi Steals Show As Lagos Governorship Candidates Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by jidowu84: 12:41am On Jan 27, 2019
The candidate of the Action Democratic Party (ADP), Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi (popularly called BOG) was born in England to the illustrious Gbadamosi family.

He was brought back to Nigeria to spend his childhood years in Ikorodu, Lagos, Nigeria where he hails from.

He went back to England in his early twenties, and many years later returned to Nigeria to invest in Real Estate development.

He is today a successful property merchant and Chairman of the prestigious Amen Estate, located in Eleko Beach in Ibeju Lekki area of Lagos.

He is also the owner of Redbrick Homes International Ltd. He is highly Committed to providing enduring homes for Lagosians. He is the Secretary of National Intervention Movement (NIM) in Lagos.

BOG attended the Lagos State University (LASU) from 1986 to 1989 but dropped out mid-way. He revealed this in an interview with a weekly tabloid.

“I attended Lagos State University. I didn’t graduate-there, I dropped out. I never did go back to University. So, I don’t have a degree. Many people find that hard to believe, but that’s just it”

Why did he decide to go into politics after being very successful in property business? He had this to say:

“After a few years in Lagos, I realised that the Lagos I grew up to know is no more the Lagos I came back home to meet. A drive around Lagos makes me sad most days. I see how hard working people willing to make ends meet struggle to survive. Before our eyes, education is degenerating to the point where without adequate finance, kids miss out on the most important part of their development.

“A drive around Lagos shows a traffic jammed city where an average person spends 7 hours in traffic without getting much done.

“It is for the same reason I ran to win the PDP governorship ticket in 2011 and 2015”.

Mr Gbadamosi was a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) before defecting to the ADP in 2018. He was declared Lagos State governoship candidate of the Action Democratic Party (ADP) in October 2018.

He is widely regarded as very brilliant, articulate and eloquent. He wowed members of the audience, as he spoke confidently of his plans if elected governor of Lagos State, in the recent Lagos gubernatorial election debate which was organised by The Platform, a civic discussion initiative of the Covenant Christian Centre.

Ahead of the March 2, 2019 gubernatorial election in the state, Gbadamosi is banking on personal integrity and not party affiliation to realise his dreams. In my own words;
This is the BEST CANDIDATE FOR LAGOS STATE.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/01/26/countdown-to-2019-profile-of-the-adp-lagos-guber-candidate-babatunde-gbadamosi/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by Mynd44: 5:18am On Jan 27, 2019
Errrr…….this guy will take votes from Jimi ooooo.

4 Likes

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by helinues: 5:18am On Jan 27, 2019
3rd materials
Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by uzohrome(m): 5:20am On Jan 27, 2019
He is the best man for lagos state. I have been following all his media chats. Very responsive and also mean well for the people of lagos.

10 Likes

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 5:21am On Jan 27, 2019
I wish this can translate to vote.
Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by olametrix(m): 5:22am On Jan 27, 2019
He has a good profile
Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by elyte89: 5:36am On Jan 27, 2019
If I av my way...I.will.make him my governor straight away cool

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by femi4: 5:37am On Jan 27, 2019
A drop out cannot be the best candidate

4 Likes

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by Humblega(m): 5:45am On Jan 27, 2019
Hh
Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by REDshouse(m): 5:52am On Jan 27, 2019
olametrix:
He has a good profile
what profile does he have that is good....

A drop out for that matter .... Same way you guyz are complaining over Buhari not having Certificate

4 Likes

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by Olutala(m): 5:54am On Jan 27, 2019
We had a President with a PhD what did we get and now one with waec certificate what are we getting? It's down to leadership passion to serve and personality of the leader.
femi4:

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by HigherEd: 6:00am On Jan 27, 2019
How has university certificate helped us in this country. Dimeji bankole Harvard graduate but a thief, ffk Cambridge graduate very uncouth and usually a conspiracy theorist, elrufai graduate of Harvard Kennedy school of govt yet a bigot of great proportion.

I hv no problem with bog's not going to uni. I just hope he can team up with jimi to help deliver Lagos.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by colossus2: 6:08am On Jan 27, 2019
femi4:
A dropout who is not a “dullard” can be.

2 Likes

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by OhiOfIhima: 6:18am On Jan 27, 2019
Olutala:
We had a President with a PhD what did we get and now one with waec certificate what are we getting? It's down to leadership passion to serve and personality of the leader.

Don't even mind dem, they think all down to degree n forgot dat personality n leadership instinct speak a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by SmartMugu: 6:27am On Jan 27, 2019
The dropout part of his life and his choice of political party is an advantage other candidates have over him.
Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by dominique(f): 6:33am On Jan 27, 2019
I salute him for his honesty. A lot of his fellow politicians are going about with fake credentials, nothing stops him from doing same but he chose to be transparent.

Op should have included photos, at least one of his and his party logo.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by otipoju(m): 6:34am On Jan 27, 2019
While he may not be a university graduate like many successful people, he is well educated, understands the problems and has a good idea on how to solve them.

My only issue with him is that he should have started creating awareness for about a year or two in order to become a household name and generate the momentum going into the election.

But of course those "up national" would have been deployed to administer the "funsho williams" treatment on him.

10 Likes

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by braveboy64(m): 6:36am On Jan 27, 2019
Nice move
Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by EloquentMedia: 6:40am On Jan 27, 2019
This name confuses me:is Gbadamosi/Badamosi yoruba, hausa or islamic? IBB is not yoruba naa
so with bello

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by calberian: 6:53am On Jan 27, 2019
By far, the best candidate but, as usual, the least supported. Needless to say but, the worst then gets the most support.

Q: The most support from who?

A: The electorate

And then this same electorate will come out and cry the loudest for four years and when there's a chance to change things guess what, they do the same damn thing all over again.

And y'all wonder why I can't live in the same society with y'all.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by JW214: 6:59am On Jan 27, 2019
During the Lagos Guber debate, someone asked a question about how to manage the issue of doctors leaving the civil service and migrating abroad.

All 3 candidates that spoke before him were answering off point, someone was even referring to his record in the ministry of establishment while the others were talking about someone eating Lagos tax.

Unlike others who announced their London & Harvard degrees, New York attorney profile, he got the question right, analysed the issue and suggested a solution. At this point my attention shifted to him.

I have since followed his campaigns, interviews and publications.

He has contents, he understands the issue, he has
verifiable projects which he refers to as a template to solving one of the biggest Lagos issue, he listens, he is straight forward... but my fear, Lagos is still in the pocket of some individuals as the few people I have interacted with are happy with it.

I hope Nigerians will start voting for competence not party structure.

BOG is fit for the job

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by BabaO2: 7:59am On Jan 27, 2019
uzohrome:
He is the best man for lagos state. I have been following all his media chats. Very responsive and also mean well for the people of lagos.

How is this one different from MColuomo.
apparently, your his rating is because of his abusive mouth, he's obasnjo's stooge and lacks capacity to rule Lagos State, somebody that cannot successfully earn a university degree, you couldn't have dropped out of university in year 4 if nothing shameful happened or lack of capacity.
Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by Mailthaddeus(m): 8:08am On Jan 27, 2019
Anyone who has heard this man speak will definitely vote for him as Lagos state Governor. The way he dissect solutions to Lagos state problems is next to non.
Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by Mailthaddeus(m): 8:10am On Jan 27, 2019
BabaO2:

How is this one different from MColuomo.
apparently, your his rating is because of his abusive mouth, he's obasnjo's stooge and lacks capacity to rule Lagos State, somebody that cannot successfully earn a university degree, you couldn't have dropped out of university in year 4 if nothing shameful happened or lack of capacity.
We pay much emphasis on degree instead of capacity, yet most world billionaires don't have degree. Maybe a visit to Amen Estates will make u change ur mind.

With all Osibanjo degree has he made Nigeria better?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:15am On Jan 27, 2019
he can be the governor when the cabals ruling Lagos are all dead...
Re: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate by delworld(m): 10:04am On Jan 27, 2019
EloquentMedia:
This name confuses me:is Gbadamosi/Badamosi yoruba, hausa or islamic? IBB is not yoruba naa
so with bello
The name is Islamic . Different pronunciations from different tribes as you mentioned. The original transcribed from Arabic should be BIDMOS if I guessed right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Outage Stops Delta Governorship Election Tribunal From Delivering Judgment / Judiciary Tops ICPC Corruption Index With N9.4bn Bribes In Two Years / APC Easter Message To Nigerians: We Are Committed To Your Well-Being

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.