Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

The Gods Must Be Angry!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Gods Must Be Angry!! (312 Views)

Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? / Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) / The Difference Between The God, The Gods And Goddess: Holy Spirits And Angels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Gods Must Be Angry!! by wizzie001(m): 6:30am On Jan 27, 2019
Which of your family members has attained half of what I've achieved in life? Who are you to stand up against me questioning my authority in my own house? If not for me in your life, would you have amount to anything in life?

That's the voice of my dad echoing and trying to stampede and register his authority as always over my helpless mom.

It was 7:13a.m, I was in bed though awake, thinking & meditating, trying to figure out when my post jamb result will be out, I just need to leave this house for good. It's better I'm away than keep hearing your parent arguing and fighting on the simplest of things, things they could sit and iron out in their room without the children hearing about it, that's the most emotional torture a child can ever wish for. It was tough I must tell you.

Phew, I knew my elder sister wouldn't bulge or pay attention to them as usual, she's tough emotionally or should I say un concerned, she is never bothered about anything of such, even if you wanna raise a point regarding that, she will just wave it off like it's nothing. I don't know where they got her from. Being the only boy among them, I wouldn't want anything to happen to my mom, she is not perfect, but I love her.

Pushed off my duvet, sat upright to listen to them more and see if it's something I can wade into or better still leave them to their trade, then I heard my mum, "what do you think you even have, is this the kind of house your mates are building? My father built nine houses before he died, you built a bungalow and you are here cursing my family members, I won't take that from you never.

I stood up and walked briskly to the direction where the noise was coming from, I saw my dad sitting and my mum standing over him lecturing him on how to treat a woman and not just a woman, but mother of his children... I didn't bother greeting, not that they would have answered if I'd done that anyway, I just leaned against the wall with folded arm watching them with contempt and all anger I could muster within me. They didn't care if i was there or not as they both continued exchanging banters, my dad doesn't talk much but when he does, it hits my mom so hard that she raised her voice more telling him if not for her children, she would have left him long ago. I'm sure most people are used to that sentence when growing up, it's sad!

Sigh, I decided to wave in as I don't talk too much myself, not that I don't envy boys who talks too much, but it's not just part of me, this has made alot of my peers to term me as being proud when in secondary school, do i need to say I'm a shy type too. All my friends had girlfriends in secondary school, not that i dont wish for that either, but I couldn't because I did not know what to tell a gal despite my good look, pocket money & intellect. A gal I've had crush on since SS1 walked up to me one hot afternoon In SS3 after church service and told me i smell nice, ��my legs nearly failed me, I was shocked to the marrow, I really embarrassed her cos I was just staring not knowing whether to dance or laugh, she walked away smiling. I avoided that gal till we graduated. Now you have a glimpse of who I am now. I wouldn't say introvert cos some introverts knows their onions when it comes to relating with opposite sex, I would term mine as having a weak balls!

Dad, mum.....i started slowly, they kept quiet like they just noticed I was there, what sort of example are you setting for us now? All the neighbours would say they've started again this early morning, if this doesn't stop I will leave this house and not return again. My mum waded in, don't mind him, it's your dad, he's always looking for excuses and faults, I don't know what I've done to deserve this treatment from him. My dad said in a very low tone, don't bother yourself ok? Just go back to bed, everything will be fine. That's who my dad is, all his friends call him EAZY, a tall, light business man and also a civil servant, he is comfortable and caters for all our needs, drives a mercedez benz, but he is an adulterer, rumour has it that he once dated his secretary, though he always try to conceal it from me whenever I followed him to the office, and the said lady was always overly nice trying to impress me with everything at her disposal except her body ofcourse.

What could she be up to? Was she trying to prove a point to me that she is better than my mum or perhaps trying to tell me she could be a caring step mum? So many thoughts on my mind as a teenager, it nearly messed up my head a bit. I couldn't hold it one afternoon and I ensured I was alone with my dad when I asked the question I've always wanted to ask..

To be continued....

(1) (Reply)

The Best Of Interlocking Stone In Nigeria / Flowers For The Family / Woman Threatens Suicide If Divorce Request Fails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.