Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? (21265 Views)

Which Expenses Should The “Upkeep” Money/Allowance Cater For? / American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test / Men, Please Be Good And Kind To Your Wife If You Wish To Enjoy Your Old Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by asdfjklhaha(f): 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2019
Husbands please will you be happy with your wife,if you discover she is saving from the house keep money? Please give reasons.

I went to spend sometime with my elder sister along with my mum cos she just delivered. And recently her husband was quarreling with her it got so serious that mumsy had to intervene. after everything died down, I asked mumsy what happened she said the man was very angry because his wife which is my sister has been saving money from the upkeep money he's been given to her.

that if she had any left overs she should have told him so he'll add it to the next money he'll give and spend less. he said she's selfish and inconsiderate.

for me I don't see any big deal in it cos as a woman a nursing mother she should have some cash in hand.

please what are your views

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by JasonScoolari: 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
In my own opinion, I think your sister's husband is just acting all up because of you guys there..... I might be wrong though, but which present day Nigerian man go dey vex for such a JEWEL and beautiful OSUSU oriented wife?

Even Dangote sef still dey find money.

186 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by goodmorning40: 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2019
Everything is a problem in today's marriage nawaoo

34 Likes

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by eTECTIV: 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2019
Why would I b angry with her? If she's house keeping and still saving from it den she deserves some accolades.. Na d difference between wife Nd Girlfriend b dat...

150 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by lilmax(m): 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2019
of course you will see nothing wrong in it

if it were your brother, your topic will be different

there's nothing wrong in saving, but it seems she got separate plans for it

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by Biglittlelois(f): 8:48pm On Sep 13, 2019
Marriage get as e be this days, saving from house keep money is now a problem, doesn't he want her to have money at hand in case of any eventualities?

18 Likes

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by Abfinest007(m): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2019
there is no thing wrong with it

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by Acidosis(m): 9:21pm On Sep 13, 2019
So long as the purpose or reason behind the savings is genuine, it's no big deal. But then again, how can you save from house keep money without lying, deliberately overstating costs of goods or reducing stated quantity of goods?

I'm forced to believe you didn't get the full gists. There's no way your sis could save without lying, and yeah, every reasonable spouse detest lies.

154 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by asdfjklhaha(f): 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2019
lilmax:
of course you will see nothing wrong in it

if it were your brother, your topic will be different

there's nothing wrong in saving, but it seems she got separate plans for it
even if he's my brother I wouldn't support him. it's totally wrong. does he expect his wife to be begging him for money to settle petty personal needs? she's a woman for crying out loud.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by LadySarah: 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2019
Hmm nawaoo!
God created things oooo grin grin

You see Why men keep marrying ...and later Come to seek for help on Nl

who doesnt want a prudent wife??

12 Likes

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by bukatyne(f): 9:35pm On Sep 13, 2019
asdfjklhaha:
Husbands please will you be happy with your wife,if you discover she is saving from the house keep money? Please give reasons.

I went to spend sometime with my elder sister along with my mum cos she just delivered. And recently her husband was quarreling with her it got so serious that mumsy had to intervene. after everything died down, I asked mumsy what happened she said the man was very angry because his wife which is my sister has been saving money from the upkeep money he's been given to her.

that if she had any left overs she should have told him so he'll add it to the next money he'll give and spend less. he said she's selfish and inconsiderate.

for me I don't see any big deal in it cos as a woman a nursing mother she should have some cash in hand.

lalasticlala.

dominique

mynd44

Seun

What is the definition of upkeep money?

1. Money to run the home only i.e. food, bills, clothing etc
2. No 1 above + her private pocket money

If 1, the husband is right to be angry because except he is very rich, the money would be barely enough so excess should be declared so proper budgeting and allocating of funds done. He would however be funny if there is no provision for personal allowance for his wife and he expects her to return the excess.

If 2 and your sister doesn't shortchange the home to increase her savings, the husband should tell us what is really biting him.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by LordKO(m): 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
bukatyne:

What is the definition of upkeep money?

1. Money to run the home only i.e. food, bills, clothing etc
2. No 1 above + her private pocket money

If 1, the husband is right to be angry because except he is very rich, the money would be barely enough so excess should be declared so proper budgeting and allocating of funds done. He would however be funny if there is no provision for personal allowance for his wife and he expects her to return the excess.

If 2 and your sister doesn't shortchange the home to increase her savings, the husband should tell us what is really biting him.

You aren't just a healthy living advisor extraordinaire, you're also an icon of fairness.

Kudos.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by timbuk2(m): 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2019
it's a welcomed development sir/ma....

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by Divay22(f): 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2019
Nope
You should even encourage her the more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2019
No, my wife actually does it and the money has come in handy a few times. Actually I always enjoy the surprise whenever she tells me she has 20k, 30k or 50k sometimes saved from the upkeep. And sometimes nothing.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by LordOfTheWeed: 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2019
That man has no sense... If she's not spending it on irrelevant things, I don't think he should have any issue with that...

5 Likes

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by martowskin1(m): 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2019
Why would I when am not a wizard
Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by Y2ffarms: 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2019
Not at all.

We sell quality day old chicks from reputable hatcheries at affordable prices.

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by jkendy(m): 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2019
Only a f00lish man would be angry with such treasure, a jewel of uttermost value of a wise woman who saves out of what she's given.
Is the money not for the upkeep of the family as a whole
Hard times might even come when you'll be rescued from shame out of this little savings.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by OyiboPep: 9:55pm On Sep 13, 2019
Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by GIDIBANKZ(m): 9:55pm On Sep 13, 2019
Your sisters husband is stupid

5 Likes

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by nextstep(m): 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
I think it's wise for every woman to do so.
After all, husband uses his money for beer and other entertainment.

10 Likes

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
Good one

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by Femston: 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
Will like it if she will be considerate about it when the needs arises but will like it less if otherwise.
On the average, I will love it
Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by ednut1(m): 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2019
The average 9ja woman expect you to deplete your resources and even borrow despite her savings nonsense

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by coolfredo(m): 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ok she no work
Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by princeadams11: 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2019
asdfjklhaha:

No reason to be angry as long as the house is running as it should afterall the upkeep is for her to manage the house.

Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by nextstep(m): 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2019
It's wise for every woman to do so, in case of incasity. The husband is mad that she's being prudent and saving... doesn't he know that there will be lean times and fat times?
Re: Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2019
I will seize the money and reduce her upkeep money

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm Confused: My Wife's Pressuring Us To Relocate To Another Apartment!!!!! / Reps Okay Compulsory Genotype Test For Intending Couples / When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.