Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Praying For Your Country In Church: Is It A Solution To Nigeria's Problems? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying For Your Country In Church: Is It A Solution To Nigeria's Problems? (385 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying For Your Country In Church: Is It A Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by ConcNiggress56(f): 7:31am On Jan 27, 2019
Over 80% of the total population practice a religion and we all believe in prayer. I don't know about others but Christians spend a big chunk of their time during church service praying earnestly for our dear country. When Leah Shuaibu's case got into the media, every christian prayed. even the so-called "strong men of God" joined. Nothing has happened up until now. Christians also prayed about bloodshed in Kaduna and benue and it still persists. The incessant level of hunger, homelessness, thuggery, murder, prostitution and unemployment in the land is saddening and it doesn't even look like it will end soon.

I have no doubt that God answers prayer but I am forced to ask, is prayer really the way forward?

written by Temitope Steve for TosteMedia Inc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Praying For Your Country In Church: Is It A Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by MJBOLT: 7:33am On Jan 27, 2019
praying for nigeria can never solve any of its problems because prayer gives false hope and doesnt work

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Praying For Your Country In Church: Is It A Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by Driggs: 7:46am On Jan 27, 2019
Nigerians need to do better..

it is only in Nigeria they pray for good roads, daily bread, light etc..

These are fuckin basic neccesities..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying For Your Country In Church: Is It A Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 27, 2019
ConcNiggress56:
Over 80% of the total population practice a religion and we all believe in prayer. I don't know about others but Christians spend a big chunk of their time during church service praying earnestly for our dear country. When Leah Shuaibu's case got into the media, every christian prayed. even the so-called "strong men of God" joined. Nothing has happened up until now. Christians also prayed about bloodshed in Kaduna and benue and it still persists. The incessant level of hunger, homelessness, thuggery, murder, prostitution and unemployment in the land is saddening and it doesn't even look like it will end soon.

I have no doubt that God answers prayer but I am forced to ask, is prayer really the way forward?

written by Temitope Steve for TosteMedia Inc.

No but voting in the right person
Re: Praying For Your Country In Church: Is It A Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by hahn(m): 9:33am On Jan 27, 2019
Nigeria is proof that prayers don't work

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Country In Church: Is It A Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by LordReed(m): 9:59am On Jan 27, 2019
Praying is a form of stalling for time while you really think of a solution. There's no god coming down to do anything for us individual or as a nation. If we do not rise up and take our nation forward, we will wallow in the doldrums.
Re: Praying For Your Country In Church: Is It A Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 27, 2019
I would have said no, but deluded religious people think the country is in the hands of God. So I guess their God is enjoying the show and waiting for them to receive sense. So yes, we need to continue praying until we pray away corruption and poverty.
Re: Praying For Your Country In Church: Is It A Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by Aphroditee(f): 10:12am On Jan 27, 2019
MJJBOLT:
praying for nigeria can never solve any of its problems because prayer gives false hope and doesnt work

Re: Praying For Your Country In Church: Is It A Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by Uyi168: 11:17am On Jan 27, 2019
Yes!..
Hence we became the headquarter of poverty in the world...
Re: Praying For Your Country In Church: Is It A Solution To Nigeria's Problems? by bobowaja(m): 11:21am On Jan 27, 2019
Lol. Prayer to me is wishful thinking. You want a work done, do it and get it done!

2 hands working is better than thousands hands clamped together in prayer.

(1) (Reply)

Benin On Fire As Prophet Chris Okafor Storms City With Three Day Conference / The Wisdom Of Planning Ahead By Dr. Tunde Ariyibi / 21 Prophetic Messages For The Year 2019..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.