Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,505 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? (833 Views)

My Neighbor Said I'm An Occult Member, Because Of This... / I Am An Atheist. Who Can Convert Me Without Using Religious Books / Meet The Pretty Lesbian Atheist Who Practices Witchcraft (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by Vic2Ree(m): 11:05am On Jan 27, 2019
I'm kind of an agnostic atheist in the sense that I don't believe there are no gods. I just can't see any evidence to believe so. However, I like listening to classic christian worship music (you know the Don Moens, the Michael W Smiths) once in a while. I find the lyrics cringe-worthy now because of my current views on religion but I still enjoy them once in a while. I don't know, is this hypocritical?
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by Fuckuignos(f): 11:08am On Jan 27, 2019
wink You are better than Atiku supporters
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by eddycliff(m): 11:11am On Jan 27, 2019
Fuckuignos:

���
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by eddycliff(m): 11:12am On Jan 27, 2019
Fuckuignos:
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by frank317: 11:12am On Jan 27, 2019
I love good music... Fuccck God. Some gospel music are plain beautiful.

At the end of the say they are all for man to enjoy.

6 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by Blakjewelry(m): 11:14am On Jan 27, 2019
they music is food for the soul, I enjoy good music as long as it catches my attention beside I love really cool music and dons songs fall into that category

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by dingbang(m): 11:16am On Jan 27, 2019
Fuckuignos:
grin
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 27, 2019
I'm an atheist and I like Hillsong United and Bethel Music. I've heard from a bunch of Christians who find that music annoying, but whatever. To each his own grin

3 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by chocboi78(m): 11:22am On Jan 27, 2019
Gospel is a genre of music just like fuji,rock, hip-hop ND so on... Playing gospel songs doesn't mean ure worshipping God.... U can listen to it if u so wish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by janettee(f): 11:25am On Jan 27, 2019
Ewoo. I'm not alone in this grin!..

2 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by hahn(m): 11:27am On Jan 27, 2019
I am the kind of person who enjoys listening to the lyrics of a song and honestly gospel music at this point irritates me.

I was listening to one this morning on the radio and the lyrics were like

This one na my heritage
This one na my culture
This one na my tradition
I go follow Jesus

And I was like, "no that is the heritage, culture and tradition of your ancestors slave masters"

Gospel music is annoying

2 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by SmellingAnus(m): 11:59am On Jan 27, 2019
You are Atheist-Christ grin
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
I was thinking atheists hates anything or everything concerning God especially the Supreme Lord Jesus Christ, never knew they love songs that glorifies and worship His Holy name. This is funny o.
By the way, as a Christian I appreciate "secular songs" that are not against the will of God e.g Uyo Meyo by Teni is a bomb. I also appreciate some of the songs by Falz and Adekunle Gold which promotes good Morales among individuals in the society. As for Asa she is one specially made for her position for life. For the Reggae artist they have good messages in their songs. But the reason I don't take secular songs and artists serious is that most of them are not replica of what they sing especially those having good messages in their songs.
Altogether in all, whether secular or gospel, is accepted by me when it is not against the standard of the Lord Jesus Christ and when it is also certified by the Holy Spirit in and with me.
Now knowing that some atheists also love gospel songs, it is a clear indication that one way or the other they will one day confess the Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. This I pray Amen.

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by tobechi20(m): 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
Vic2Ree:
I'm kind of an agnostic atheist in the sense that I don't believe there are no gods. I just can't see any evidence to believe so. However, I like listening to classic christian worship music (you know the Don Moens, the Michael W Smiths) once in a while. I find the lyrics cringe-worthy now because of my current views on religion but I still enjoy them once in a while. I don't know, is this hypocritical?

you don't need reason to justify your feeling flow with your heart
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by tobechi20(m): 1:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
hahn:
I am the kind of person who enjoys listening to the lyrics of a song and honestly gospel music at this point irritates me.

I was listening to one this morning on the radio and the lyrics were like

This one na my heritage
This one na my culture
This one na my tradition
I go follow Jesus

And I was like, "no that is the heritage, culture and tradition of your ancestors slave masters"

Gospel music is annoying
. no, you don't get it. s

culture is way of life. following Jesus is her way of life
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by finalboss(m): 3:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:
I'm an atheist and I like Hillsong United and Bethel Music. I've heard from a bunch of Christians who find that music annoying, but whatever. To each his own grin
i like bethel, but ever heard of jon bellion ?

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by hahn(m): 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
tobechi20:
. no, you don't get it. s

culture is way of life. following Jesus is her way of life

As introduced to her ancestors by white slave traders

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by frank317: 5:04pm On Jan 27, 2019
Agrogbeide:
I was thinking atheists hates anything or everything concerning God especially the Supreme Lord Jesus Christ, never knew they love songs that glorifies and worship His Holy name. This is funny o.
By the way, as a Christian I appreciate "secular songs" that are not against the will of God e.g Uyo Meyo by Teni is a bomb. I also appreciate some of the songs by Falz and Adekunle Gold which promotes good Morales among individuals in the society. As for Asa she is one specially made for her position for life. For the Reggae artist they have good messages in their songs. But the reason I don't take secular songs and artists serious is that most of them are not replica of what they sing especially those having good messages in their songs.
Altogether in all, whether secular or gospel, is accepted by me when it is not against the standard of the Lord Jesus Christ and when it is also certified by the Holy Spirit in and with me.
Now knowing that some atheists also love gospel songs, it is a clear indication that one way or the other they will one day confess the Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. This I pray Amen.

Confessing Jesus and listening to gospel music is just actions that makes no difference. At this stage I am forced to believe that everyone is somehow an atheist. Theists just chose to believe in a God they have never seen. That does not mean that God exists, it only means they just believe.
If God exists he should show himself for all to see, if this cannot be done, then no one has seen him and if non one has seen him that means both believers and unbelievers do not know if he exists, the believers just chose to believe.
U can confess Jesus from now till tomorrow, it still makes u no different from an atheist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by 1Sharon(f): 7:59pm On Jan 27, 2019
Vic2Ree:

This is not a big deal
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 27, 2019
finalboss:
i like bethel, but ever heard of jon bellion ?
Ahh. I like Jon Bellion too smiley
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2019
frank317:

Confessing Jesus and listening to gospel music is just actions that makes no difference. At this stage I am forced to believe that everyone is somehow an atheist. Theists just chose to believe in a God they have never seen. That does not mean that God exists, it only means they just believe.
If God exists he should show himself for all to see, if this cannot be done, then no one has seen him and if non one has seen him that means both believers and unbelievers do not know if he exists, the believers just chose to believe.
U can confess Jesus from now till tomorrow, it still makes u no different from an atheist.
like I will always say; Truth is Truth and False is False. Your belief does not change anything but give you a proper understanding on a better foundation on which to stand. We Christians believe in the TRUTH which is the LORD JESUS CHRIST and this Truth has AN ETERNAL MEANING BOTH IN THIS LIFE AND IN THE LIFE TO COME.
SHOW ME YOUR MIND OR SOUL AND I WILL SHOW YOU GOD SO THAT YOU CAN SEE AND TOUCH HIM.
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by LordReed(m): 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2019
I recently heard a band perform on Ellen Degeneres called Chvrches (pronounced Churches), they were so awesome my daughter stared at screen admiring the lead female singer (she said wow she's so beautiful and her body is so beautiful too! LoL) and lost in the beauty of the song called Miracle. I thought to myself I enjoyed listening to these guys so much meanwhile when I was a Christian I probably would never listen to a band called Atheism or Godless. LoL

My guy enjoy, that is freedom resonating in your mind.
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by LordReed(m): 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2019
Agrogbeide:
like I will always say; Truth is Truth and False is False. Your belief does not change anything but give you a proper understanding on a better foundation on which to stand. We Christians believe in the TRUTH which is the LORD JESUS CHRIST and this Truth has AN ETERNAL MEANING BOTH IN THIS LIFE AND IN THE LIFE TO COME.
SHOW ME YOUR MIND OR SOUL AND I WILL SHOW YOU GOD SO THAT YOU CAN SEE AND TOUCH HIM.

Belief only lets you understand the fairytale better because by now you are fully invested in following it.
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
LordReed:

Belief only lets you understand the fairytale better because by now you are fully invested in following it.
Same way you are enjoying the atheistic fairytale.
Re: I'm An Atheist Who Loves Gospel Music. Do I Promote Un-reason? by LordReed(m): 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2019
Agrogbeide:
Same way you are enjoying the atheistic fairytale.

LMFAO! Sorry to burst your bubble ain't no such thing.

(1) (Reply)

Idolatry In The Catholic Church Is Gradually Being Destroyed - Photos And Videos / Uprooting The Tree Of Non-achievement. / What Do Christian Adherents Have To Say About This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.