Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) (14490 Views)

Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final / US Open 2019 Men's Final: Rafael Nadal Vs Daniil Medvedev Discussion Thread / Rafael Nadal's 80-foot Luxury Superyacht In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Viergeachar: 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
My man!
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by maestroferdi: 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
And Rafa choked!
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by theoldpretender(m): 4:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
Nadal is still Master of Clay....other surfaces, nothing for him.
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by miketayo(m): 4:44pm On Jan 27, 2019
lordempire:

You are right but considering that he is older and the younger ones can meet up

Roger is the best to ever played tennis and it's not even close.. check Roger's record when he was at Djokovic's age.
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by hucienda: 4:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
Meet Nadal in Paris come summer.
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by CeeKay17: 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:
I said "i" not we ok?

But nonetheless let me indulge you
1. On the grounds that he has beaten the other 2 contender in more than they beaten him I.e better head to head.
2. On his peak he is almost impossible to beat it's often described as playing tennis against a wall
3. He thrives on all surfaces compared to the other contenders who has favourites (Nadal clay and Fed grass).

Bonus point he has won all the 1000 masters series event 9 out of 9 Nadal and Fed are stuck on 7/9

Lastly and obviously he's my fav so it's possible I'll be bias but that's normal isn't it?
Djokovic's favourite surface is Hard court. Federer is equally good on clay just that he had to face Nadal there so many times
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Ogaga87(m): 4:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
lordempire:

Murray just announced his retirement.. Circumstances can halt dreams
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by perdollar(m): 4:59pm On Jan 27, 2019
nadal wl get his own pound of flesh in Roland Garros
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by perdollar(m): 4:59pm On Jan 27, 2019
nadal wl get his pound of flesh in Roland Garros

1 Like

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by youthgear: 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2019
For A Male Househelp Or Cook In Port Harcourt Please Call 09065070111
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by koyeni(m): 5:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
Congrats to Novak

Check my signature
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by goslowgoslow(m): 5:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
theoldpretender:
Nadal is still Master of Clay....other surfaces, nothing for him.
Nadal has won on at Australia once, he has also won twice at US open and he has won Wimbledon I think twice. So what do you mean by there is nothing for him on other surfaces? Do you think it is easy to win just one grand slam?
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Ovie56(m): 5:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
CeeKay17:

Djokovic's favourite surface is Hard court. Federer is equally good on clay just that he had to face Nadal there so many times
It'll look that way since there are more hard court event than the other two combined but I still stand on my point he thrives on all surface 4 slam on grass and he was able to dethrone Nadal in Monte Carlo something fed wasn't able to do, you think it's conicidence that Federer now skip the whole clay season?

1 Like

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Venerable612(m): 5:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:
That's your opinion there's no official criteria for determining the best ever

It’s not an opinion. A simple google search Will advise.

Fed is the GOAT tennis player. If Novak doesn’t have injuries and keep his game up for the next 3 to 5 years... he may well surpass Federer’s feats.

Novak is a fine player too btw.

1 Like

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
See as this guy battered my Nadal cry

We will catch him on clay angry

1 Like

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Ovie56(m): 5:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
Venerable612:

It’s not an opinion. A simple google search Will advise.

Fed is the GOAT tennis player. If Novak doesn’t have injuries and keep his game up for the next 3 to 5 years... he may well surpass Federer’s feats.

Novak is a fine player too btw.
A simple Google search will show me different people's opinion but it's still their opinion there is no official yardstick for awarding the best ever it depends on how you want to argue your case for example Fed always choke against Nadal only 3 slams separating them Nadal has more 1000 master series Title Nadal has an Olympic gold medal Fed doesn't even have bronze and you'll sit there be telling one is the greatest
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Venerable612(m): 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:
A simple Google search will show me different people's opinion but it's still their opinion there is no official yardstick for awarding the best ever it depends on how you want to argue your case for example Fed always choke against Nadal only 3 slams separating them Nadal has more 1000 master series Title Nadal has an Olympic gold medal Fed doesn't even have bronze and you'll sit there be telling one is the greatest

It’s a public opinion, held largely by Tennis analysts world over - and, yes, Federer has the highest grand slams... of all time.

What other statistics do you want?

In the open era he held the number 1 spot for 310 weeks...
From 2004 to 2008, Federer went 237 consecutive weeks being ranked number one in the world, a record that may never be surpassed.

Yu can come back to argue when Nadal and Djokovic wins up to 20 grand slams. For now - please sit with ur opinion.

1 Like

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Pusyiter(m): 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
RogerFederer1:

Roger is the greatest
Only for now
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Ovie56(m): 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2019
Venerable612:

It’s a public opinion, held largely by Tennis analysts world over - and, yes, Federer has the highest grand slams... of all time.

What other statistics do you want?

In the open era he held the number 1 spot for 310 weeks...
From 2004 to 2008, Federer went 237 consecutive weeks being ranked number one in the world, a record that may never be surpassed.

Yu can come back to argue when Nadal and Djokovic wins up to 20 grand slams. For now - please sit with ur opinion.
Who is arguing with you? 237 weeks over infant hewit Nadal sarfin and toddler Djokovic, shior king of the week era tongue tongue tongue tongue let him win an Olympic Gold, complete the 1000 master series overturn the deficit in the head to head between him and Djokovic and the embarrassing h2h with Nadal he will be the greatest ever untill then he's just one of many Tennis greats

You and others writers included can go and kill yourself
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by smeag0l(m): 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
Even though I like Fedeter more, I feel djokovic will eventually win the most grandslams with the rate at which he's going. Federer may well have won his last grandslam last year as age is not on his side. DjokoVic will likely win two more this yearcry
lordempire:
Is Djokovic going to be greater than Roger Federer?
Like for Djokovic, Share for Roger Federer!

1 Like

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by CeeKay17: 8:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:
It'll look that way since there are more hard court event than the other two combined but I still stand on my point he thrives on all surface 4 slam on grass and he was able to dethrone Nadal in Monte Carlo something fed wasn't able to do, you think it's conicidence that Federer now skip the whole clay season?
Federer would have at least 6 french open titles if it weren't for Nadal. He has lost 4 finals & 1 semi to Nadal at Roland Garros. Federer is only skipping the clay season now because he's too old. Djokovic is an all surface payer, but so is Federer as well. Mind you, Federer has won 12 slams outside Wimbledon.
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by azpekuliar: 8:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
lordempire:

Until they meet up.
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
watch as djokovic meets up with nadal, overtake him, meet up with federer, surpass him, and become the best of the best in tennis!

ohh, much more majors cominq for this Serb #djokovic!
#teamDjokovic!
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by CeeKay17: 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyinlomo Quadre Now A Student Of Florida International University, USA / NBA: Ime Udoka To Become New Houston Rockets Head Coach - Sources / Joshua: I Am Under Pressure Ahead Of Wembley Showdown With Alexander Povetkin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.