Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Is Religion A Scam? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Religion A Scam? (1553 Views)

Russia-ukrainian War: Is Religion A Scam?(photos) / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? / Is Religion The Problem Of The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Religion A Scam? by sonmvayina(m): 9:13pm On Jan 27, 2019
omgtzsammie:
To the atheist in the house yhall are fools psalm 53:1 said xo, to anyone arguing with fools yhall are fools too prov 13:16.. Religion indeed issa scam, relationship with God requires no religion buh a personal experience..

But God is within.. It is a journey of discovering yourself.. It is a journey from ignorance of self (slavery in Egypt) to spiritual enlightenment (the promised land).. It is espected that you should have arrived there by age 40....

Yoi better set off now if you are not yet on the road...
Re: Is Religion A Scam? by musicnmagic(m): 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
Yuceeluv:
To focus more and work harder to succeed so i won't need to dwell on how or how not, Mr A or Mr B made their wealth.

K
But you didn't answer my question
Re: Is Religion A Scam? by Niflheim(m): 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2019
@op,

How much money has god collected from every single church that has been paying him tithes and offerings for the past 1000 years? What has been the impact of the collecting of the cash? When will he(or she or it), stop collecting cash? How can someone who asked for cash from your christian great grand father and your christian grand father plus your christian father plus yourself, your future children and great grand children not be a scammer? Where is all the money going to?
Re: Is Religion A Scam? by budaatum: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2019
Niflheim:
@op,
How much money has god collected ......?
Nothing, zero, zilch!

Niflheim:
Where is all the money going to?
Definitely not to gods! But try Bel and the Dragon for a clue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Religion A Scam? by BluntBoy(m): 9:03am On Jan 29, 2019
Yuceeluv:
Christianity is not a scam.

Whoever quotes me and asks me for proof, you will grow 'iron gamu(bear bear)'. I don't have time.

Thank God salvation is personal.

Gamu? Did/Do you live in the North?
Re: Is Religion A Scam? by LordReed(m): 9:24am On Jan 29, 2019
luvmijeje:

Wahala. You are the first person that I'm seeing coming out boldly to lay claim to being an Atheist. That's good. Na wa o.

You've got to be kidding right?
Re: Is Religion A Scam? by Yuceeluv(f): 7:03pm On Jan 29, 2019
Was born in Kaduna.

BluntBoy:

Gamu? Did/Do you live in the North?
Re: Is Religion A Scam? by kumulus(m): 10:57pm On Jan 29, 2019
Appreciate/Celebrate those who seek knowledge, fear those who find it!
Re: Is Religion A Scam? by ivoryfile: 7:27am On Jan 30, 2019
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A SCAM!

RCCG HOLY GHOST SERVICE
Re: Is Religion A Scam? by BluntBoy(m): 9:35am On Jan 30, 2019
Yuceeluv:
Was born in Kaduna.

Was born in Kebbi. But I didn't grow up there well enough to understand Hausa. However, while I was serving, I had a Northern friend who was always saying "gamu" grin

Nice to meet you.
Re: Is Religion A Scam? by Atewo400(m): 9:55am On Jan 30, 2019
BraveAtheist:
All religions except atheism, specifically new atheism. Since I converted I've learned so much.
undecided undecided
oga no go make mistake oo
atheism is not a RELIGION
Re: Is Religion A Scam? by sonmvayina(m): 11:24am On Jan 30, 2019
ivoryfile:
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A SCAM!

RCCG HOLY GHOST SERVICE

Yes I know, it is a personal relationship with insanity

1 Like

Re: Is Religion A Scam? by Yuceeluv(f): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
grin awwn...I too wasn't able to grasp the language until after my secondary school. I was a boarder plus our house was the kind they referred to as; 'kule'. Not sure I spelt it well shaa.

Nice to meet you as well smiley

BluntBoy:

Was born in Kebbi. But I didn't grow up there well enough to understand Hausa. However, while I was serving, I had a Northern friend who was always saying "gamu" grin

Nice to meet you.

1 Like

Re: Is Religion A Scam? by alphaNomega: 11:16pm On Jan 30, 2019
musicnmagic:
Looking at things from a very realistic point of view
Religion has done more harm than good
Although i dont doubt the fact that God exist
Because personaly in my life i have seen some positive signs in time past.

But i came up with this thread because of things happening in this modern day.

Some terrorist group seems to originate from some religious beliefs, pastors enriching themselves at the expences of the poor members n compromising the real gospel, so much hate towards a particular group of people if they have a different religious belief from some others.

Eg, Christians hating muslims or reverse as the case maybe.

Concluding in all these, one question comes to mind
Is religion a scam?

YES
Re: Is Religion A Scam? by Omooba224: 12:26am On Jan 31, 2019
BraveAtheist:
All religions except atheism, specifically new atheism. Since I converted I've learned so much.
I didn't know atheism is a religion. Would you mind elucidating that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophecy For The Year 2022/2023 By Messenger Great Asibor / Beautiful Picture Of Jesus And His Father / Why Are Nigerians Quick To Praise God For Their Ill-gotten Wealth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.