Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc (25809 Views)

'I Couldn't Have Children Because My Parents Were Brother And Sister' / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by tete7000(m): 10:37am On Jan 28, 2019
If you don't want a normal life, you can then live an abnormal and insane life. It's your choice...
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Abu4shizo: 10:37am On Jan 28, 2019
Trust your guts,work hard towards that area you got passion for, pray and it'll come to reality one day. above all, this is Nigeria don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by SpeedGod: 10:40am On Jan 28, 2019
Go to school first , after school you can decide not to work or marry. Because you can use still your school training/certificate after your football career. Cheers.
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 28, 2019
Op just reduce ur age to 16, then join an academy

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Jman06(m): 10:46am On Jan 28, 2019
Football is one profession that has led many Nigerian youths to their doom! You keep playing it year in year out in the streets, hoping that someday a big club will sign you. Then you get to a certain age and realize that you have lost out as most clubs prefer younger players. You then begin to hide your real age and take all whatnot to appear fit. By the time you realize that you have completely lost out, you are probably in your 40s and with no other skills to fall on. You then join the association of retired street football stars and newspaper stand football analysts.

So, my brother, at 19 you have to be very careful in this your football aspiration. If you know you are not that fantastic in it and lack the connection to push you up the ladder, then I'll advise you to drop that ambition and look for something else. But if you insist, make sure you combine playing football with learning other skills or vocation.

10 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by stanliwise(m): 10:52am On Jan 28, 2019
futurist369:
is it a must every great footballer must have started practicing since childhood?
sadly the answer is simply Yes.
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by lexy2014: 10:57am On Jan 28, 2019
nnadychuks:
Hello, I'm a Nigerian, 19 years old. I've had this feeling burning inside me for the past three years; I don't want to follow the steps of my parents(study, work, marry, have children,etc..) I'm thinking of playing football like Cristiano or Neymar but people around me make me feel like I'm crazy and they make me feel like something is wrong with not wanting to live a normal life.
Is there anything wrong with me not wanting a normal life?

What is not normal about playing football? Messi, ronaldo, neymar all live normal lives...they studied football, play football (which is work), they are married, they kids, they also have e.t.c. U are reading or listening to many of these motivational speakers. U will end up getting more confused
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 28, 2019
nnadychuks:
Hello, I'm a Nigerian, 19 years old. I've had this feeling burning inside me for the past three years; I don't want to follow the steps of my parents(study, work, marry, have children,etc..) I'm thinking of playing football like Cristiano or Neymar but people around me make me feel like I'm crazy and they make me feel like something is wrong with not wanting to live a normal life.
Listen
If you want to be a footballer then fine,be a footballer
Don't let nobody determine your future because that is your passion and dream.
Your parents won't be there when you are suffering the Consequence's of not following your dream.
My advice(follow your heart)

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 28, 2019
kekakuz:
good you admit your ignorance. am sorry and i withdraw my words
thank you... we learn everyday
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by motherfucker: 11:15am On Jan 28, 2019
nnadychuks:
I don't know, but before I'll leave my parents home I'll be at least 23. Then it might become normal for me to live like them

Read my reply below.

Are you in school already? If you want to abandon school and chase football, na sorry be your name because there is no guarantee you will become a footballer with wealth.

There is nothing wrong about your desire but the question is, do you have what it takes to succeed as a footballer or you are driven by the lust of stupendous wealth/riches? You know yourself and what you can do anyway, but the worse thing you can do to yourself is deceiving yourself.

Now listen up, my elder brother wanted to sing or become a music star and instead of going to school, he chose to sit at home singing and composing songs. I could remember my late mum telling him to go back to school but he refused. He kept singing.

Did he become good at singing or composing songs? ABSOLUTELY YES! I can beat my chest that my brother can compete with any musical star anywhere in Nigeria. He is that good!

Did he become popular and wealthy? NOPE! WHY? because it takes more than talent to succeed at your chosen field. You need to be rugged, you need to be an entrepreneur of sort, be enterprising, be smart, be sharp, be foresighted... network the hell out of your industry and have a MENTOR(S).

Otherwise, you will end up miserable.

My advice is go to school and still chase your dream. Get that degree!

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Chichanwa(m): 11:20am On Jan 28, 2019
nnadychuks:

OP, you are not alone...I still feel the same way

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 28, 2019
Too young to be thinking about marriage and kids. The time for that will come.

Go ahead and put your aspirations to action. But always have a backup plan....a very good backup plan.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by alizma: 11:27am On Jan 28, 2019
nnadychuks:
above 18yrs, you are adult. in as much as you are not going into crime, Pls live your life as it will make you happy.
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Baselm: 11:30am On Jan 28, 2019
nnadychuks:

At 19 if you are still dreaming of becoming a professional footballer, them its a mere dream. Are u the most talented footballer on your street,community or state? if u have exceptional footballing qualities, ur parents would have known, even if they don't, people would have spoken to them. U should be in an academy, A feeder team or should have signed ur. first pro contract.

I'm not saying you should live a regular life, but u might start considering your other talents, it just might not be football.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by GreatAchiever1: 11:40am On Jan 28, 2019
nnadychuks:

Study, work, marry and children are all part of a normal life, footballers when they were young in the football academy they go to school and study.
Well I feel u should also have something ongoing in case football no work out.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by berbs: 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
nnadychuks:

Endeavor you contact Denrele Edun to advice you appropriately. Cheers
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by umoo(f): 12:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
I'm touched by your story. The 1st thing you need is to accept lord Christ Jesus as your personal saviour & Director (pls hear me out before you turn out). This now ushers you into talking to an All Knowing God about it. Destinies are different & also people's cases too.Many may have failed at it but your story might be different. If you are passionate as you implied, ask God( not your pastor or priest) for what he thinks-- if he's answer is Yes. Ask him for secret strategies( remember many have failed at this venture). Thank him. Do as he says. Return his glory later. In Gen 26, there was famine in the land, everyone wanted to run out, including Isaac but because he had a relationship with God. God told him to stay back in the land & do as he says. Isaac had a 100 fold harvest in the same land there was famine. Just DO GOD jare & soar where many others have failed.
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by chisomada: 12:20pm On Jan 28, 2019
get games for today game just subscribe for the game call or whatsapp me

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Timfreds(m): 12:23pm On Jan 28, 2019
I once had that dream of not living the ordinary nominal life, but the reality of life and Nigeria bring me to now struggle to making the NORMAL standard life a man need to lead.
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by baby124: 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
You better go to school and at the same time, try to follow your dream. You have to be a very talented footballer to drop all for football. Except you are gay, you can have a football career and raise a family too.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by mechanics(m): 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
That's serious o, he should go for counselling.
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by FlackoJodye: 12:51pm On Jan 28, 2019
Haymaykar:
Guy my advice for you is to follow your dream and not that of your parents....cause if you follow theirs when things might be going hard for you they might not be there....as for me am just 18 years and am already 6.5ft tall...but I have just started following my dream on becoming a good basketballer...
im just like you to man can I send you a DM
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by FlackoJodye: 1:01pm On Jan 28, 2019
umoo:
I'm touched by your story. The 1st thing you need is to accept lord Christ Jesus as your personal saviour & Director (pls hear me out before you turn out). This now ushers you into talking to an All Knowing God about it. Destinies are different & also people's cases too.Many may have failed at it but your story might be different. If you are passionate as you implied, ask God( not your pastor or priest) for what he thinks-- if he's answer is Yes. Ask him for secret strategies( remember many have failed at this venture). Thank him. Do as he says. Return his glory later. In Gen 26, there was famine in the land, everyone wanted to run out, including Isaac but because he had a relationship with God. God told him to stay back in the land & do as he says. Isaac had a 100 fold harvest in the same land there was famine. Just DO GOD jare & soar where many others have failed.
ur stupid
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by skuribeebo: 1:39pm On Jan 28, 2019
You are just a lazy boy. And u will regret it veery sooon.
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by LeonMacJames(m): 1:56pm On Jan 28, 2019
nnadychuks:

One thing you should know is that, you're the only one holding yourself back from your ambitions...

And also, your inspirations Cristiano and Neymar aren't they living normal lives ? First you have to be sure of what you want, is it money you seek or peace of mind, or both.

These things are very much possible if you do what you love and love what you do... Whether normal or abnormal, always be ready to take quantum leaps, risks and knowledge, if your ambition is strong, eventually you would find what you're looking for, but if you're impatient you may end up in the wrong path.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Jolade27: 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2019
What i wil tel u z dat u need to kr8 a path dat u think z gud for u, coz if u r waiting for motivation from people around u, my guy u wil wait tire. Just brace up and do ur thing.
Like me, i hav decided to start something dat nobody thought of in Naija, i waited too long bcoz i want ppl to motivate me, but now, no time to check time
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Boss13: 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2019
Jman06:
Football is one profession that has led many Nigerian youths to their doom! You keep playing it year in year out in the streets, hoping that someday a big club will sign you. Then you get to a certain age and realize that you have lost out as most clubs prefer younger players. You then begin to hide your real age and take all whatnot to appear fit. By the time you realize that you have completely lost out, you are probably in your 40s and with no other skills to fall on. You then join the association of retired street football stars and newspaper stand football analysts.

So, my brother, at 19 you have to be very careful in this your football aspiration. If you know you are not that fantastic in it and lack the connection to push you up the ladder, then I'll advise you to drop that ambition and look for something else. But if you insist, make sure you combine playing football with learning other skills or vocation.

The problem is that the sport is not properly developed for grassroot talents. At 19 he should be playing actively in the Nigeria premier league and not thinking about it. However, at that age, you still find players gaining their first break.

The OP needs to think it through because his clock started yesterday and he has to work thrice as hard to achieve his goal

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Slynation(m): 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2019
nnadychuks:

Work hard u will achieve ur dreams...!!
if ur parents is financially buoyant as well it will be a plus in case of unforeseen circumstances!!
But if i will advice you oo, get a jamb form this year, apply for a course related to exercise or less stressful course, go to school and join the school football team, from there if u'r good someone will take u up from there...A friend of mine did same thing, he's currently playing in Belgium division II
Believe!!
Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Fidelismaria: 3:02pm On Jan 28, 2019
grin

Lol

Op is really funny

Playing football is still a normal life nothing special about it

When I saw this thread I was expecting to see things like : invent a time machine, travel at light speed, stop human from aging, explore the solar system and galaxies

Lol

I wish you well tho

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2019
Eco99:

So you want ordinary people to motivate you to live an extra ordinary life...

Keep waiting
E go wait tire.. He is probably Jon Snow..cos he knows nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law / Hilarious Lies You've Ever Told Your Parents! / A Lady Ran Away With My Pregnancy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.