Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,077 members, 7,957,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:12 AM

Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court (18071 Views)

Onnoghen: CUPP Releases ‘Leaked’ NJC Resolution, Says Onnoghen To Retire / Undeclared Assets: Onnoghen To Forfeit Huge Sums, Houses / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by WebSurfer(m): 9:09am On Jan 28, 2019
emmykk:

Good am from delta state at ughelli am from isoko north,now all the claimed that the CJN has this and that should have to be ascertain in court.

Those evidence against him should be tender before the suspension but it seems the president is after tribunal Judge.

To me until the CJN is proven to have committed any crime against his work ethics he should be CJN.

You will recall that saraki was not found guilty at code of code tribunal on assets matters if he had step aside or impeached to face his CCT then when he is found innocent what will happen?
You cannot be my brother from same place and think like this bro.. we usually have conscience and keep to what is right

It’s more than glaring to know this CJN is guilty and you can understand they really need to clear him out suspecting he might be a tool for these corrupt PDP people.. if you were in his shoes, trust me you will take thesame action...
We are just on Nairaland but who knows the info they have

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by MrTan19: 9:09am On Jan 28, 2019
Get Paid #5,000 For Every Email You Process. (Email Processing System)
Congratulations! You're about to change your
life for the better. Take a look and read some
of the info that I am presenting to you.
If you are serious and motivated like I am, this is your
once in a lifetime opportunity!
Add me and Message me on Facebook (https://facebook.com/israel.onyegbula)
This is not a Ponzi, Pyramid or MLM Program.
Follow our simple system & do the following below:
Step 1: Check your E-mail inbox daily.
Step 2: Send out the info we supply for you in
your training materials.
Step 3: Get Paid #5,000 Per E-mail sent out!
Step 4: Make #10,000 to #20,000 a day!
Every email processor will earn #5,000 for every
e-mail that is processed online.
Instant LIFETIME Access HERE Join Now.
Much Success,
ISRAEL
Whatsapp me On 09039578153

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Princedapace(m): 9:18am On Jan 28, 2019
K0y3:
I do not totally agree with you, fine the house shouldn't be boy boy to the President but in this current dispensation things are not right too much impunity from the opposition which in turns makes the govt take drastic measures.

Judging with france, the US and even south Africa that you referenced. Will it be possible for the opposition with their numbers in the minority to take charge of leadership of the house? Saraki and dogora should and would have stepped down when they decamped to the minority and still could not make up as the majority with their numbers but no the opposition hailed and claimed there was no place in the constitution that says only the majority shld take charge of leadership of the house. This is impunity from the opposition and total disregard to the ruling party. But yea this is Nigeria

Also, as for the CJN, I'm sure you will agree with me that in these countries you referenced again, he would have resigned or step aside pending the outcome of his investigation. But no, the opposition governors backed and supported him not to appear in court, which on its own it's a double count charge. Which are being partisan as the CJN plus not appearing which is against the rule of law. Yes you can argue that how can a whole CJN appear in a cct and I'll say reason he ought to have stepped aside or resign.

Personally I think the opposition as something to gain if the suspended CJN remains which is an undue advantage against the ruling party similar to the ruling party controlling both the legislature and judiciary against the opposition.

This is politics playing out and I don't expect the ruling party to relax until the opposition takes control of the other 2 arms of government even while not in power before the elections.

Obviously buhari is not a dullard afterall

U pointed out the opposition ruling the legislature. In fact, in many countries, the opposition has always taken control of the legislature. That to me is the best way to apply the principle of check and balances. Also, APC didn't have 2/3 majority to remove them, if they do, they would have done so. It is about following due process. Trump faces fire from the opposition controled national assembly. The national assembly is very powerful organ of the govt that the opposition usually uses to check the president in a presidential system of govt. Even in the UK, the House hit hard at the prime minister often.

Also, why suspend the CJN when there is no provision for that. The provision made was for removal and not suspection. This is becus it is impossible to suspend the president of Nigeria. The president and the other two arms have the same power. They are all independent. So can u wake up one morning and hear that the national assembly has suspended the president? How would ur ear take it? Buhari has committed impeachable offences but the house couldn't remove him bcus they needed to follow due process. The due process was impossible to remove him. Removing the CJN is like forcing the Kqno state governor out of office becus of the allegation of corruption agaisnt him. It doesn't make sense. The law frustrates sometimes but it just has to be obeyed for peace in any land.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by dadark: 9:24am On Jan 28, 2019
chai....na in nigeria you will see somebody that did something wrong pleading not guilty....

nawa....

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by bigtt76(f): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2019

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by kerzhim(m): 9:38am On Jan 28, 2019
WebSurfer:
I’M FROM THE SOUTH BUT LET US PUT PARTISAN POLITICS ASIDE AND ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS

IS THERE SUPPOSE TO BE ANY FORM OF JUSTIFICATION FOR ANYONE FOUND GUILTY AGAINST THE LAW?

WHY DO CERTAIN PEOPLE PUT SO MUCH ENERGY DEFENDING THIEVES WITH GLARING EVIDENCES ?

I’M TIRED OF SHARING THIS COUNTRY WITH CRIMINALS AND STUPID PEOPLE WITH NO MORAL BRAINS
We are so much deep into curruption up to the extent that we no longer know what is right to do. Change is the most difficult thing to deal with, its like stepping out of your comfort zones. Only God can see us through.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by maasoap(m): 9:47am On Jan 28, 2019
shortgun:

I wonder what you guys are on? OK let me it make simple.
You said the man stole money, you have your evidences(including his alleged confession)
Good!
This doesn't make the man guilty.
Follow the process, get him convicted, send him to jail. Every one will be happy.

I wonder how you will feel if you or any one dear to you will be convicted without trial or by allegations and you are not allowed to defend yourself.
This is not about the CJN, its about you n i, its about our children unborn.
This is barbaric. Only a detector will act the way Buhari has done.

The damning evidence against him which he clearly admitted was enough for him to step aside. How could he be a judge in his own case? He was suspended and nothing barbaric because he hid 3 million dollars in numerous accounts. Only God knows what they will find in addition.
Shouldn't you too fear for the future of your children the way these corrupt people are looting this country. Crying in defence of someone who deserves hanging! SMH!
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by DMerciful(m): 9:53am On Jan 28, 2019
You are from the South but prefers the president to shield northern thieves
but prosecute your people. A child who is not careful what killed his father will kill him!
WebSurfer:
I’M FROM THE SOUTH BUT LET US PUT PARTISAN POLITICS ASIDE AND ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS

IS THERE SUPPOSE TO BE ANY FORM OF JUSTIFICATION FOR ANYONE FOUND GUILTY AGAINST THE LAW?

WHY DO CERTAIN PEOPLE PUT SO MUCH ENERGY DEFENDING THIEVES WITH GLARING EVIDENCES ?

I’M TIRED OF SHARING THIS COUNTRY WITH CRIMINALS AND STUPID PEOPLE WITH NO MORAL BRAINS
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by WebSurfer(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2019
DMerciful:
You are from the South but prefers the president to shield northern thieves
but prosecute your people. A child who is not careful what killed his father will kill him!
Until you stop being trubalistic and sentimental, nothing will work out with you
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Deepthoughts: 9:56am On Jan 28, 2019
disturbedman:
If this Bureau De Change Onnoghen and his PDP paymasters indeed are for Nigeria to prosper and do the right thing, this "forgetting" and "mistaking" judge will resign on the weight of allegations against him.

You say you don't have a private business and you don't have another side job, but you have millions of dollars, pounds and euros in your numerous accounts! And when you're asked to defend how you got the billions, you run like a headless chicken from one court to the other to stop your prosecution! To show you're guilty of the allegation, you suspend the JCN you head from sitting indefinitely!

If na me be Buhari, I go put you straight in jail. But e do well sha.

SenseWillNotKillMe
please can you tell me if there any law that requires anyone been accused to resign?,n if there is why has danladi of the CCT remained as the chairman?,no one is saying onoghen shouldn't be tried but let the law be followed,after all the CCB act itself states clearly that where someone has accepted a mistake in his/her assets declaration form,the matter should not be referred to the CCT immediately but the mistakes should be cleared, it's now clear that the ex parte order granted by danladi was fraudulently procured as no one moved for it,it was not argued in court n it doesn't bear the name of any lawyer who sought it!,so for God's sake on what basis other than hate n sentiments are you people supporting buhari over this very dangerous illegality?.
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by SirBunky85(m): 10:26am On Jan 28, 2019
Clerverly:
I thought the Supreme Court na him inheritance? Why is he running away from staying put?

May God Punish anybody that supports corruption!
I thought d nairaland senior advocate of Nigeria-salamrushdie said dat nothing happened in d first place? why den is onnoghen challenging wat never happened?
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by K0y3: 10:52am On Jan 28, 2019
Fine, agreed in some countries the opposition heads the legislature but in that case, they are the majority. There is no country in this world where the opposition it's in the minority and still heads the leadership of the house

In the US you referenced, leadership of both the lower and upper house changes as the majority and minority varies. Presently the leadership of its lower house is headed by the democrats cus the last series of election saw them become the majority, the Republican speaker did not hold on to the leadership, Republican paved way for democrats. Dogora and saraki shld have done the same when they became minority.

Princedapace:

U pointed out the opposition ruling the legislature. In fact, in many countries, the opposition has always taken control of the legislature. That to me is the best way to apply the principle of check and balances. Also, APC didn't have 2/3 majority to remove them, if they do, they would have done so. It is about following due process. Trump faces fire from the opposition controled national assembly. The national assembly is very powerful organ of the govt that the opposition usually uses to check the president in a presidential system of govt. Even in the UK, the House hit hard at the prime minister often.

Also, why suspend the CJN when there is no provision for that. The provision made was for removal and not suspection. This is becus it is impossible to suspend the president of Nigeria. The president and the other two arms have the same power. They are all independent. So can u wake up one morning and hear that the national assembly has suspended the president? How would ur ear take it? Buhari has committed impeachable offences but the house couldn't remove him bcus they needed to follow due process. The due process was impossible to remove him. Removing the CJN is like forcing the Kqno state governor out of office becus of the allegation of corruption agaisnt him. It doesn't make sense. The law frustrates sometimes but it just has to be obeyed for peace in any land.
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by DMerciful(m): 10:53am On Jan 28, 2019
If you refused to see that northerners are shielding their people and you are sacrificing your people because you think you are enlightened, then that's foolishness because you are gradually going into servitude
WebSurfer:

Until you stop being trubalistic and sentimental, nothing will work out with you
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by PointB: 10:59am On Jan 28, 2019
Fuckuignos:
I’m not that rigid. He echoed all I hv bn saying here and exposed the hypocrisy of many. If you cannot for once condemn the CJN and his band of recalcitrant SANs who has turned Nig’s judiciary to Ariaria business district, you hv no moral right to condemn the president’s action

Actually, in Law, procedure trumps substance.

The CJN could as well rape a thousand women, and murder another five hundred men, but he remains 'innocent' until proven guilty in court of law (not in the eye of the media, people, or president). Buhari cannot and should not resort to self help. What he's doing is lynching a suspected thief. That in itself is illegal.

The system spelled out how to deal with 'culpable' CJN. Buhari should follow the spirit and letter of the constitution.
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by WebSurfer(m): 11:02am On Jan 28, 2019
DMerciful:
If you refused to see that northerners are shielding their people and you are sacrificing your people because you think you are enlightened, then that's foolishness because you are gradually going into servitude

This is your opinion...

If you actually have a good psychological relative brain,
You will not think towards this direction
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by DMerciful(m): 11:24am On Jan 28, 2019
Do not let the self deceit of being enlightened allow your people go into servitude. If everybody is treated same way then it's justified, is called equity and anything short of this is unacceptable
WebSurfer:

This is your opinion...

If you actually have a good psychological relative brain,
You will not think towards this direction
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Princedapace(m): 11:46am On Jan 28, 2019
K0y3:
Fine, agreed in some countries the opposition heads the legislature but in that case, they are the majority. There is no country in this world where the opposition it's in the minority and still heads the leadership of the house

In the US you referenced, leadership of both the lower and upper house changes as the majority and minority varies. Presently the leadership of its lower house is headed by the democrats cus the last series of election saw them become the majority, the Republican speaker did not hold on to the leadership, Republican paved way for democrats. Dogora and saraki shld have done the same when they became minority.

It boils down to due process bro.. Like i keep saying this, Nigeria is a shithole. How can we allow the ruling party to lead the national assembly? It means they are in charge of the two arms. U keep hearing stuff like 'federal might'. This tells u that the fedderal govt brags about influencing elections and we smile about it. PDP is guilty of this too.

The current leadership makes no meaning becus the senate for instance needs 2/3 majority to carry out decision. None of the two parties have that as we speak.

So, if the country wants the majority to lead the chamber, it should be added to the Constitution. We shouldnt be doing things out of say, say. If we want it, we should add it to the constitution. It is not there. One of the biggest problems of Nigeria is lack of obedient to law.

Our leaders behave as they like and we should discourage it becus the leaders are already secured. If we keep supporting nonsense and war breaks out, na we all go pay for it while the leaders, both apc and pdp will take night flights out of the country. Currently, the constitution does not mandate the majority house to present the leader of the national assembly. If the national assembly members dont like the current leadership, what should they do? They simply get the 2/3 majority and vote the leadership out. That is what the law stipulates.

Since the senate and house of rep have not done so, it means legally, they have accepted the leadership.

We dont like to obey court. Buhari is known not to obey court orders, how come he rushed to obey another court order against the CJN? That means the president is saying he wants to be selecting court orders to obey. That is not nice becus Buhari will not be president for ever. He will leave one day. He is only teaching the next presidents how to act. We cant continue like this. If we think our constitution is not okay, he should request for the review. Just as they keep telling those interested in restructuring to follow due process.
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by orisa37: 11:52am On Jan 28, 2019
Supported.
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by marvinsync(m): 1:17pm On Jan 28, 2019
WebSurfer:

we are not defending the CJN

we are defending the constitution, the president can't just suspend the CJN

have u heard anyone say the CJN is innocent?
no! the topic and issue has always been the president is going against due process

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Exit Date Yet For First Batch Of N-power Beneficiaries — FG / Okonjo-iweala Has Sleepless Nights Over Unemployment In Nigeria / Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.