Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,030 members, 7,835,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Ozil Signs For Real Madrid - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ozil Signs For Real Madrid (7914 Views)

Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal / Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal / Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by RuuDie(m): 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2010
jalether:

You can't be serious. . . just tell me that was a joke

No joke man. . . . . Ricardo Carvalho was MOTM - even if he didn't anything else besides score that goal!
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by jalether(m): 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2010
RuuDie:

No joke man. . . . . Ricardo Carvalho was MOTM - even if he didn't anything else besides score that goal!

That's where you got it wrong.

The concept of deciding MOTM based on who got the winning goal is extremely misleading as it doesn't neccesarily reward the best performer on the

pitch but rather who was lucky enough to score the winning goal. . . . Ozil, based on actual performance for 90 mins, was MOTM.

Your logic is akin to saying solskjaer was MOTM at the 1999 UCL final simply because he scored the winner (note, he wasn't even on the pitch for 90 mins)

whilst conveniently ignoring Peter schmeichel's exceptional performance that kept united in the game. (that's the best e.g I could find btw, but you get the drift)
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2010
So if the winning goal was an own goal, Who would the man of the match be?

How come Enyeama was MOTM when Nigeria lost to Argentina and not Heinze who scored the winning goal
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2010
This is from Marca, A Madrid based paper

http://www.marca.com/2010/09/11/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1284236040.html

Attempted translations below

Mesut Özil debuted at the Bernabeu in the official party. . Like Sami Khedira and Ricardo Carvalho. The goal became even luso. . But if the Real fans smiles when reviewing the game is thanks to the German of Turkish origin, the best player in the game.

In a match greyish, Özil took all the bulbs. Neither Christian nor rehabilitated recovered Benzema. German playmaker was the headlight of a mother who was born when the ball went through his left foot. He acted more like almost forequarter as a midfielder, initially by the right wing, but the physical side allowed him to change frequently. For example, in the play of the goal, a counter in the style of the Germany World Cup where he attended Christian before they're turned to Carvalho.
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2010
I wanted to laugh at the english before but saw the original language. Good for our boy
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by RuuDie(m): 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2010
dayokanu:

So if the winning goal was an own goal, Who would the man of the match be?

How come Enyeama was MOTM when Nigeria lost to Argentina and not Heinze who scored the winning goal

Well in this case, it wasn't an OG!

You can re-translate Boole's laws of logic for all I care. . . . or is Marca now the official decider of who MOTM should now be in La Liga games!!?

Maybe Enyeama was PEAK or MTN naija MOTM - certainly not in Argentina.
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by RuuDie(m): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2010
jalether:

That's where you got it wrong.

The concept of deciding MOTM based on who got the winning goal is extremely misleading as it doesn't neccesarily reward the best performer on the

pitch but rather who was lucky enough to score the winning goal. . . . Ozil, based on actual performance for 90 mins, was MOTM.

Your logic is akin to saying solskjaer was MOTM at the 1999 UCL final simply because he scored the winner (note, he wasn't even on the pitch for 90 mins)

whilst conveniently ignoring Peter schmeichel's exceptional performance that kept united in the game. (that's the best e.g I could find btw, but you get the drift)

I really do appreciate the fact that you recognize the concept - & I also agree with you that in many instances, it is flawed. . . . . but that is just how it is sometimes and we have to accept it.

As per this discussion, I'm not doubting Ozil's ability; he is indeed a good footballer and yes, he had a very good game against Osasuna but how much of his talent are we gonna get the chance to see in a RM shirt, I wonder - when Kaka returns, what becomes of him!!? Already I reckon he is behind Khedira, Granero; even Canales & Pedro Leon in the pecking order but Dayo seems to think he is all that (as he does of anything German of course). . . . . dude just made the biggest mistake of his career.
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Sep 15, 2010
RuuDie:

Well in this case, it wasn't an OG!

You can re-translate Boole's laws of logic for all I care. . . . or is Marca now the official decider of who MOTM should now be in La Liga games!!?

Maybe Enyeama was PEAK or MTN naija MOTM - certainly not in Argentina.

Enyeama was voted budweiser MOTM according to FIFA.com. Mind you FIFA is the organiser with no affiliation to Nigeria or Argentina

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=249722/match=300061460/index.html

RuuDie:

As per this discussion, I'm not doubting Ozil's ability; he is indeed a good footballer and yes, he had a very good game against Osasuna but how much of his talent are we gonna get the chance to see in a RM shirt, I wonder - when Kaka returns, what becomes of him!!? Already I reckon he is behind Khedira, Granero; even Canales & Pedro Leon in the pecking order but Dayo seems to think he is all that (as he does of anything German of course). . . . . dude just made the biggest mistake of his career.

I have told you that Ozils is not competing with khedira for positions just like a Zidane can compete with an Essien/Mikel obi for positions on a football field. his competitors are Kaka and Canales. He is behind Kaka and way ahead of Canales.

No one is under any delusion about this and I have said that until Kaka becomes fit, he would get his chances
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2010
Are you watching Ozil in this match again?
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by RuuDie(m): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2010
dayokanu:

Are you watching Ozil in this match again?

Yes man. . . . i watched the UCL game - RM vs Ajax & yes ur man was fantastic; but i'll attribute that more to Ajax's seeming inability or unwillingness to play, they let RM have it all their way. But did you watch the Sociedad vs RM game your man hardly got a kick of the ball. . . . & thats another thing that would count against your man; when the "miss ball don't miss leg" guys are on the turf, Ozil hides. 2 more games like this & i bet u he is history even before kaka shows!
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2010
Which Madrid player played well against Sociedad. That was a scrappy match and BTW why didnt you favourite Canales or Leon start over Ozil.
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by RuuDie(m): 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2010
dayokanu:

Which Madrid player played well against Sociedad. That was a scrappy match and BTW why didnt you favourite Canales or Leon start over Ozil.

Calm down. . . . . JM is basically trying to keep an unchanged team; a carry-over of the "seemingly" impressive game against ajax.
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 10:05pm On Sep 20, 2010
Didnt canales start over ozil in the first game? How come he was dropped in favour of Mesut, If your unchanged team point is to hold water?
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by RuuDie(m): 11:26pm On Sep 20, 2010
dayokanu:

Didnt canales start over ozil in the first game? How come he was dropped in favour of Mesut, If your unchanged team point is to hold water?

U act as though u don't know JM's policy ---- u don't cut it, u are off d team! Canales didn't perform well in that game; Ozil is still in there 'cuz he's done well in two games. . . . the next game is crucial, if he starts & doesn't play well then i bet u he's going 4 a spell on the bench.
Big issue here is not in his talent (or lack of it) but the he's playing for a club & manager desperately looking 4 success even if it comes at the expense of budding careers. The general RM enviroment is not very tolerant. This is where lots of people assume he's made a blunder moving to RM.
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by RuuDie(m): 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2010
Ozil got subbed. . . . another game like this & he's headed for the bench!
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 11:22pm On Sep 21, 2010
Higuain, Dimaria were also subbed, We can assume they would be starting from the bench too
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by RuuDie(m): 12:22am On Sep 22, 2010
dayokanu:

Higuain, Dimaria were also subbed, We can assume they would be starting from the bench too

Man, do not deviate from the obvious. . . . . Ozil didn't have a good game & thats why he was taken off.
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 6:52am On Oct 20, 2010
So what do we say about Ozil now?

Over the weekend he had 2 assists

Yesterday scored a goal.

Mr Ruudie, Where are the Canales, Pedro Leon and Van Der Vaart that would bench Ozil?

Comments awaited
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by A40(m): 7:13am On Oct 20, 2010
Tbh I have been pleasantly suprised by Ozil and if he keeps this up there would be no room for Kaka who IMO is already past his peak and Mourinho as we all know is not sentimental actually no coach would bench Ozil now
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2010
Make Ruudie show him face now.

A40,

You always know with german players they never shy away from a challenge. See as Ozil and Khedira have become instant favourite at Bernabeu
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by chic2pimp(m): 2:45am On Oct 21, 2010
There is no doubting, Ozil is the real deal. In the current Madrid squad, only a fit and in form Kaka can relegate him to the bench.
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 8:18am On Oct 24, 2010
Bang bang bang.

Ozil scores another, Where is ruudie.

If this guy was English he would already be knighted. He has more skills in his right boot that the whole English professional footballers alloyed together
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 8:25am On Oct 24, 2010
[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/Gnz4n85vUSU&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

Check that first touch and how he skipped past the defender
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by Mobinga: 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2010
^^Huh?? Nothing Special there
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by DrKitaun(m): 11:45pm On Oct 24, 2010
A-40:

Tbh I have been pleasantly suprised by Ozil and if he keeps this up[b] there would be no room for Kaka who IMO is already past his peak [/b] and Mourinho as we all know is not sentimental actually no coach would bench Ozil now

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 5:03am On Nov 09, 2010
Where is Ruddie?

See ozil mesmerizing during the Madrid derby

Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by DrKitaun(m): 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2010
shocked shocked shocked

ozil !!!!
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by tkb417(m): 1:25pm On Nov 09, 2010
no coach would bench Ozil

and someone said he wont play well in UTD cos of the formation

then fcking change the formation if you have a talent in ur midst

we lost another good player

Ozil by far is one of the best players in the world right now. canales what?
is Ruudie high on somethn?
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by jalether(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2010
I'm I the only one that notices/admires Ozil's superior football intelligence

His decision making has been nothing short of perfection
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2010
Where is Ruudie.

With the statements he made about Ozil, He should be sacrificed to Sanponna
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by chic2pimp(m): 12:02am On Dec 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Where is Ruudie.

With the statements he made about Ozil, He should be sacrificed to Sanponna
No worries, He'll be here anytime soon grin
Re: Ozil Signs For Real Madrid by medjai(m): 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2010
Ozil was totally drowned in the el-classico, he had to be taken off. He is begining to tread the path of Higuain, failing to show up in big games. He was also ineffective in the world cup s/final for Germany against Spain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paolo Di Canio Sacked By Sunderland / Newcastle United Vs Liverpool - (1 - 3) On 26th July 2020 / FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Burnley (2 - 1) On 30th January 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.