Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya (27370 Views)

Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by tuborme: 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2019
Konquest:
How did Onnoghen get $3million undeclared in his 5 domiciliary
accounts as far as 2011? This is over N1 billion in his account.

Some of Walter Onnoghens's collegues who have worked for over 50 years in
the legal system don't have up to $10,000-$20,000 in their bank accounts!

Onnoghen has to prove the source of this and obviously he will have to
remain suspended. Right now he is still the substantive CJ, but on suspention.
A new acting-CJ is now in his place.

Dennis Aghanya's anti-corruption moves must be applauded by all Nigerians
around the world instead of these corrupt people criticising him
and trying to shield him because they will be exposed as well!

Security agents must move to protect him until agents of corruption
in the Judiciary and in politics who pervert justice are brought to
book.

Out is called turnovers....zombie....not cash drop

Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by jrusky(m): 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2019
Lovemaester:

u are the bigger fool, I have no interest in corruption and by the grace of God I will never be part of one, the efcc has come out to say ganduje is under immunity and cannot be tried just like fayose was, diezani was accused multiple times during her time as minister yet she was not sacked by gej, while babachir was accused by opposition and was sacked immediately by buhari, only illiterates would follow ur line of thinking

And Baru $25 billion fake contract that ended up in handshake is also under huminity?

Oh the Mr Grass cutter too is under huminity?

Maina a.k.a pension looter is also under huminity?

Sorry Daura N23billion loot is also under humunity?

Bro pls always connect the sense cord that connected your brain to your mouth before talking or typing nonsense. All I'm saying is think, use your God given sense to reason ok

Babachir was sacked but still went home with loot. And to you you are making sense?
Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by Brightest04(m): 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
If you're surprised I'm not.The real Nigerians who want better future for themselves,their children and the unborn ones will rightly defend the action of President Buhari,only those who're bend on destroying the economy for their own selfish gains will kick.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by HtwoOw: 9:25pm On Jan 28, 2019
rusher14:
Those PDP guys would stop at nothing.

They did it to Bola Ige, Azazi and I can bet my last Naira, same were responsible for Badeh.

Nigerians may continue to buy their propaganda but 16years of rule should tell you the traits of a party.

Even if you buy new brain for some people, it won't work in their head

Who in their right minds will dispute this fact

The last whistle blower on ikoyi million dollar had to leave the country for fear of his life

Since ganduje video did APC threaten anybody?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 28, 2019
Afospecialk:

What does Fulani, Yoruba, Hausa or Ibo has to do with a corruption that has clear evidence?

I can understand why you are crying bcs he has a clear evidence against PDP last hope ?

War against corruption just begins

read my comment again and again. I mentioned only fulani. Prove me wrong if you can. Mention just one fulaniman accused of corruption and prosecuted so far. I don't need many examples, just one person. See the way you're thinking. PDP or APC no difference between them, just a change of name. Those in the PDP for 16 years migrated to the APC and began the game of kettle calling pot black. Some are already returning to the pdp. I'm waiting for that one example of a fulani man prosecuted since 1960 for corruption related cases.
Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by KULESTGee24(m): 9:52pm On Jan 28, 2019
He dismissed arguments that the petition did not follow due process, noting that Nigerians should be concerned with the facts and evidences presented on the case “instead of leaving substance to chase shadow.”

As much as we re concerned with those facts and evidences, we still call for d freedom of our Judiciary. Why must the presidency interfere?, Its therefore raises suspicion. Dirty politicians playing dirty politics, both in the PDP and APC.
Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by omega2128(m): 9:56pm On Jan 28, 2019
rusher14:

All fingers point at Omisore but he was a PDP person at the time of the incident.

It has taken over 12 years, yet you wish to find a way to blame a party that was formed less than 5 years.

Try to use the thing between your ears.

lol
omisore was deputy governor of bisi Akande
omisore learned all his tactics from AD which metamorphosed into APC.
APC is not party of 5years, for your information.
I can reason why you guys are called zombies
Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by rusher14: 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2019
omega2128:

lol
omisore was deputy governor of bisi Akande
omisore learned all his tactics from AD which metamorphosed into APC.
APC is not party of 5years, for your information.
I can reason why you guys are called zombies

How old is APC?

Lying zombie.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by HeroicMeastro: 10:54pm On Jan 28, 2019
lawman88:
total trash. nobody is threatening him. why cant he investigate babachir, maina, uzor kalu, ameachi, aisha buhari's aid. he should be gunned down
Clown!
Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by TheRealestGuy(m): 11:47pm On Jan 28, 2019
Konquest:

^^^^^
^^^^^
I have a contrary opinion overall90.

Onnoghen has over $3million dollars [over N1billion] in his 5 bank accounts
undeclared to the CCB, and you say 1 billion bribe is NOT posible?

The corrupt guys are desperate and will go to ANY EXTENT to shut
anybody up using threats and financial inducements!

No wonder the attacks against the prosecution of Onnoghen's case
have been very vociferous in the media, and online via social media
propaganda.

Onnoghen has admitted in writing that indeed he failed to declare
his assets fully with is a crime.

Most Buhari supporters are so ignorant and even more adept at making unfounded claims.

That was the amount found as turnover in his account not available balance.

Did you also know the CJN was in very enviable private practice before he joined the government?

Did you also not know that the substance of a matter currently with the appeal court is same one the presidency has hastily overridden using a fraudulent court order?

Did you also know that every CCT declaration is valid for four years and he last declared his asset in 2014?

Did you also know that the maximum punishment of the CCT is to bar the convict from holding public office?

Wake up!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by COCKCROW: 12:48am On Jan 29, 2019
That is why Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB is right by giving the correct name to Nigeria, ZOO or Zoogeria. IPOB ride on
Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by Konquest: 1:03am On Jan 29, 2019
Wilstino:

This absolutely a lame thing to say. The fact that his colleagues does have such amount does not mean he can't have it. What if he bought a land in ikoyi or maitama back then and later sold? I'm sure you know amount... I am not holding brief for him but all we are advocating is for due process and rule of law to prevail. If the appropriate channel and process were follow no one will complain and surely he will face the law as required.
^^^^
^^^^
@Wilstino

Did you know that even some senior lawyers
such as Mr Femi Falana, SAN and a Mr Robert
Clarke, SAN
and others have of recent accused the
Judiciary of corruption... NOT all judges but some
when it comes to delivering political court judgments?

They also said this is an open secret in the legal
profession and that it is some of the lawyers that
act as link people between the corrupt politicians
and judges in the exchange of bribes and financial
inducements!

I agree with your summation about the fact that
he may have investments in property which he
then flipped... even though the property market
in many high-brow areas are not as robust or
liquid as they used to in terms of providing
cash flow.

Now do you honestly think that he made $3 million
legitimately (equivalent of over N1 billion) as of 2011? I hope he can prove his case properly and I'll be
GLAD for him because Onnoghen is a likeable man.
I came to like Justice Walter Onnoghen before he
was sworn-in as the CJN when he told those
ethnic jingoists that were threatening the FG for
not confirming him as the CJN on time to allow the
President to properly swear him in without
threats (Onnoghen said the behavior of those people was embarrassing to him).

But just like in Kenya, Ghana, and the United States
where Judicial/legal officers have been arrested
for corruption, the Nigerian Judiciary must be
sanitized so that folks can have more confidence
in the rule of law.

All the best!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by Konquest: 1:33am On Jan 29, 2019
TheRealestGuy:

That was the amount found as turnover in his account not available balance.

Did you also know the CJN was in very enviable private practice before he joined the government?

Did you also not know that the substance of a matter currently with the appeal court is same one the presidency has hastily overridden using a fraudulent court order?

Did you also know that every CCT declaration is valid for four years and he last declared his asset in 2014?

Did you also know that the maximum punishment of the CCT is to bar the convict from holding public office?

Wake up!

^^^^^
^^^^^
The reports do NOT refer to turnovers but ACTUAL
cash in his 5 bank accounts. Onnoghen even said
he had the money at HOME but had to move the
monies to the bank (Standard Chartered Bank),
when he realized that it would be wrong for a
judicial officer to keep such large amounts of
money at home.

It was $3 million in those 5 domiciliary accounts
as published in Sunday Punch of Sunday last
week!

Yes... he was in an enviable practice before joining
government... but it still doesn't explain why he
DIDN'T declare those accounts... among his assets!

I agree with your other summations in your post...
absolutely.
Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by IbrahimDamola: 4:49am On Jan 29, 2019
Dennis Aghanya the efulefu is a fraud. Just looking at him, you'll know he is a criminal. I learnt he dupe kogi students in 1997 during his youth service by promising them fake UNIZIK admission.
Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by ultraGM: 8:21am On Jan 29, 2019
omogidi234:

This is a question we should ask him, obviously, we know Onnoghen is gone and FG needs to try him for money laundering after he has resigned or so but, how did this guy come about those information?

Freedom of information
Court backing
Presidential backing
DSS Backing

You can be employed as private detective by the Government working independently with partnership and full cooperation with government agencies.

In US some private organization do carry out espionage, crime bursting and many other classified operation for the government. Even journalist at times.
Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by omogidi234(m): 8:35am On Jan 29, 2019
ultraGM:

Freedom of information
Court backing
Presidential backing
DSS Backing

You can be employed as private detective by the Government working independently with partnership and full cooperation with government agencies.

In US some private organization do carry out espionage, crime bursting and many other classified operation for the government. Even journalist at times.

I will accept this based on number 3 & 4.

Many thanks.
Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by CioAngels(f): 9:26am On Jan 29, 2019
Konquest:
Onnoghen: My life is under threat, says ex-Buhari aide, Dennis Aghanya
Published January 19, 2019

The Executive Secretary, Anti-Corruption and Research- Based Data Initiative, Dennis Aghanya, has raised the alarm over threats to his life following his petition against Onnoghen for failing to declare five bank accounts with about $3m.

The former media aide to President Muhammadu Buhari told Saturday PUNCH on Friday that a number of people have asked him to disown the petition against the CJN for a huge amount of money.

He said those behind the threats were “the people who are telling Nigerians that the petition does not have merit.”

He declined to identify the people making the threats.

Aghanya said, “Since this petition came to light, they have been sending friends and families to me and at the same time issuing threats. They are giving me two options: If I don’t accept, I would go down six feet. If I mention the amount they are offering, it is something a hungry man would accept, something they cannot resist, big money, as much as a billion naira.”

According to the activist, those faulting his action should instead encourage the CJN to defend himself at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

He stated that the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, did the right thing by ensuring the prosecution of Onnoghen for concealing five domiciliary accounts in Standard Chartered Bank.

He dismissed arguments that the petition did not follow due process, noting that Nigerians should be concerned with the facts and evidences presented on the case “instead of leaving substance to chase shadow.”

Aghanya again denied that the petition against Onnoghen was politically-motivated, noting that many other investigations were also being carried out by ARDI against other government officials whom he declined to identify.

When asked if he feared for his life, Aghanya said, “I’m human, but then, it is God that gives life. Because I am a good Christian, I don’t feel bothered. If I were to be killed, do you know the kind of enemies I have had to contend with since I was born? The enemies would come, they would rise, do all sorts of things, but if God is with you, all those things would be in vain.”

SOURCES: https://punchng.com/onnoghen-my-life-is-under-threat-says-ex-buhari-aide-dennis-aghanya/;

Pictures of Dennis Aghanya are directly below:

Who are you? Liar. You have sold your conscience for money. You will be treated like others before you by dumping you disgracefully. Remember you are a southerner. Fools.
Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by CioAngels(f): 9:28am On Jan 29, 2019
Your life is under threat by you.
Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by Konquest: 10:45am On Feb 08, 2019
Omoyele Sowore, presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC), says he was the first person to expose Walter Onnoghen, the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), as possessing accounts containing unexplainable funds.

Sowore said this on Wednesday night while featuring at a town-hall meeting tagged 'TheCandidates', broadcast live on the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) with the support of MacArthur Foundation.

He made the statement while answering a question on how his administration would tackle corruption, if elected.

He explained that for any anti-corruption war to succeed, it must be fought indiscriminately.

"There must be consequences, you know... for people to know that it is not alright to be corrupt and still get a chieftaincy title," he said.

"Look at the judiciary. Look, Nigeria has been playing around with corruption for a long time, but you know, as an individual, I have been fighting corruption for the last 12 years with SaharaReporters.

"The Chief Justice of Nigeria who is under trial now, I was the first person on SaharaReporters to put out his account that he has money that he cannot explain. Do you know what happened when I did it? The EFCC issued a statement that I was wrong. Now, when it is politically expedient, he is underoing trial."

Onnoghen is currently being tried at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) for fraudulent asset declaration, with latest revelation about his bank account detailing a series of dubious payments to the tune of bundreds of thousands of dollars.

SOURCE: http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/23/breaking-i-was-first-prove-onnoghen-has-money-he-cant-explain-says-sowore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by Konquest: 10:50am On Feb 08, 2019
"Corrupt Nigerians Don't Need Amnesty"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqmTOnfddiQ[37:46]
1 day ago - Uploaded by SaharaTV
Corrupt Nigerians Don't Need Amnesty They Need To Be
... I'm A Political Activist, Not A Politician, Says Sowore...

"Sowore Rips APC, PDP Establishments In Fiery Retorts"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiXmQf84Oso[1:29:57]
Jan 28, 2019 - Uploaded by SaharaTV
In less than 19 days before the pivotal Presidential Election in
Nigeria, AAC Presidential candidate Omoyele ...

^^^^
^^^^
Brilliant videos!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: My Life Is Under Threat - Dennis Aghanya by Konquest: 11:00am On Feb 08, 2019
Omoyele Sowore's comments on corruption in the Judiciary

"Look at the judiciary. Look, Nigeria has been playing around with corruption for a long time, but you know, as an individual, I have been fighting corruption for the last 12 years with SaharaReporters."

"The Chief Justice of Nigeria who is under trial now, I was the first person [2 year ago] on SaharaReporters to put out his account that he has money that he cannot explain. Do you know what happened when I did it? The EFCC issued a statement that I was wrong. Now, when it is politically expedient, he is underoing trial."

SOURCE: http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/23/breaking-i-was-first-prove-onnoghen-has-money-he-cant-explain-says-sowore

"Are You Corrupt Atiku Abubakar?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tBibQU31WQ[2:45]
Jan 24, 2019 - Uploaded by NTA News
are u corrupt ... Channels Television 17,116 views. New
... I Support FG's Probe Of Justice Onnoghen, Says ...

^^^^^
^^^^^
That country[Nigeria] needs to be cleaned up with regards to corrupt
politicians, corrupt jopurnalists and corrupt judicial officers!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Reinstated Abdulrasheed Maina, Fugitive Ex-Pension Chief – FG / Military Jet Hovers Over National Assembly / Tinubu Intensifies Consultations, Visits IBB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.