Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,382 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. (8823 Views)

Lagosians Groan As VIOs Violate Sanwo-Olu's Directives On Morning Operations / Babatunde Gbadamosi Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today / Obafemi Hamzat Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by naptu2: 10:22am On Jan 29, 2019
Sanwoolu says that the Oba is an individual.

Jimi Disu says that he is not just an individual. He is the Oba of Lagos. He says that he doesn't think that then Oba should be endorsing candidates.

He says that it's just like Sanwoolu. If he is elected, he is no longer just an individual. There are certain things that he can't do.

Jimi Disu suggests that Sanwoolu can appoint Agbaje into his government. Sanwoolu says that it's possible, but it will be in an advisory capacity.
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by MuttleyLaff: 10:22am On Jan 29, 2019
obyback:
Pdp states that are not in "bondage" how are they doing?
Whats my own, as we lay the bed, we all will lie in it. Ye! Ye, ye, ye, ye!!.
He's just confirmed where to look for money to further enslave. I cant laugh anymore

1 Like

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by MuttleyLaff: 10:23am On Jan 29, 2019
I doubt he will walk the talk, as you hope Disu, and you know it

1 Like

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by naptu2: 10:24am On Jan 29, 2019
Jimi Disu says that a recording of the show will be on his blog by tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by obyback: 10:26am On Jan 29, 2019
naptu2:
Jimi Disu says that a recording of the show will be on his blog by tomorrow morning.
Thanks naptu2 for the job well done. I know how difficult it is to do these updates

3 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by naptu2: 10:27am On Jan 29, 2019
naptu2:

I will post a link to the recording once it becomes available.

4 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by shosky1794: 10:27am On Jan 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
It pains everyone the land grabbing by that tin god, it always is the elephant not in the room that has to covertly be mentioned

But this one was not grabbed by anyone. The state govt have the intention of converting it to a medical park(or whatever they call it) but work on that has been very slow. So the land still belongs to the Lagos State government
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by naptu2: 10:27am On Jan 29, 2019
obyback:

Thanks naptu2 for the job well done. I know how difficult it is to do these updates

Thank you. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by naptu2: 10:30am On Jan 29, 2019
shosky1794:

But this one was not grabbed by anyone. The state govt have the intention of converting it to a medical park(or whatever they call it) but work on that has been very slow. So the land still belongs to the Lagos State government

naptu2:
I forgot to explain Jimi Disu's comments about the nursing school.

When Jimi Disu asked Jimi Agbaje the question about the nursing school on Sunday, I said that it was one of his favourite topics. I listened to his show in 2014/2015 when he interviewed Akinwunmi Ambode and the nursing school was one of the issues with which he tackled Ambode.

The Lagos State Nursing School was on Awolowo Road for many decades. The complex is almost opposite Creek Hospital (military hospital) and it is just before the ramp that takes you to Ring Road Bridge (on your way to 3rd Mainland Bridge).

However, the school was moved to Igando c2012 and
the complex in Ikoyi has been abandoned. The walls are covered in dust and weeds are growing in the premises.

There is a rumour that Bola Tinubu bought over the complex from the Lagos State Government and it is that rumour that annoys Jimi Disu very much. He often challenges APC candidates that they should explain what has happened to the complex and none has given a satisfactory answer.

Jimi Disu said that the nursing school was built at that location because it is close to the General Hospital Lagos, the Island Maternity Hospital and the Massey Street Children's Hospital and this makes it easy for student nurses to get practical experience. He is angry that the school was moved to a far place like Igando.

However, on the other hand, I've also heard a different story.

I remember that Bola Tinubu fell ill when he was governor and he had to go to the United States for treatment. Many people criticised him for going abroad for treatment. When he returned he said that he was working towards establishing a hospital in Lagos that would be like the hospital in which he was treated.

He later came up with the idea of a medical park (the Obasanjo led federal government also had a similar idea). The idea was that Nigeria had many medical doctors that were practicing abroad. These doctors were among the best in their field. Therefore, the government would provide infrastructure (land, electricity, etc) for these doctors to come back to Nigeria and set up practices where the major ailments that were afflicting Nigerians would be treated.

Basically, it would be like a large park where surgeons, dentists and other Nigerian medical professionals that are based abroad would be able to practice for a few months every year. This would reduce the need to go abroad.

It was initially proposed that the park would be in Lekki, but it was later decided (during the Fashola era) that it should be at the nursing school complex. There are billboards on the walls of the nursing school that advertise the medical park idea.

However, the complex has been abandoned since c2012 and its decrepit state is annoying a lot of Lagosians.
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by obyback: 10:31am On Jan 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Legislation etcetera that makes it criminal not to provide accessibilites in public places etcetera would have been more convincing, dont you think. Nobody gets properly grilled by Disu, its always padi-padi, chuckle chuckle smiling chit chat with him
Sanwo-Olu has just admitted that "Uncle" Jimi has been so nice to him.... can you believe that
I've heard enough, already late stepping out and work is calling
I think every interviewer has their own style, Jimi's way is for your to read between the lines as a listener, if you are not smart as a guest, you get exposed and disgraced even in this padi-padi style.
Ambode was totally exposed when he came on the show 4 years ago
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by obyback: 10:31am On Jan 29, 2019
double post
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by Ajibel(m): 10:31am On Jan 29, 2019
I think a one hour thirty minutes show wont probably do so much justice for him to go deeply into his plans.

On the surface, you'll see someone who is ready and prepared alongside with his deputy to get working once they win and they're sworn in.

Unfortunately, some questions I'd have wanted them to touch on couldn't be asked, maybe due to limited time.

But overall, I cant wait for this two to be elected and come in so we can see what they've got in their arsenal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by Mrtesso: 10:37am On Jan 29, 2019
Naptu2, thanks for this written concise rendition of today's program with Mr Disu. U didn't miss a thing.

Now, my question for u is this; Do u believe any of the things they just said and claimed they'll do?

Do u believe their eloquence in their speeches and responses resonate with their conscience and actual intention?

I'm asking for ur personal opinion. Do u have a modicum of faith in their words?
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by naptu2: 10:37am On Jan 29, 2019
Pictures from the show.

1 Share

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by naptu2: 10:45am On Jan 29, 2019
Mrtesso:
Naptu2, thanks for this written concise rendition of today's program with Mr Disu. U didn't miss a thing.

Now, my question for u is this; Do u believe any of the things they just said and claimed they'll do?

Do u believe their eloquence in their speeches and responses resonate with their conscience and actual intention?

I'm asking for ur personal opinion. Do u have a modicum of faith in their words?

It's interesting that you asked this question because it reminds me of something that I was thinking about last week (and something I wrote about last year).

Some people were arguing about debates last week and I was thinking about what they were saying. My view was that debates are very entertaining, but not as important as some people think they are.

It then reminded me of a similar argument on Nairaland in 2011. There was a presidential debate that was organised by NN24 in 2011. Most people believe that Ibrahim Shekarau won the debate. However, another person said that his victory at the debate did not mean anything. He said that Shekarau was once a teacher and therefore he is good at public speaking. A week later, the person created a thread about Shekarau's tenure as governor of Kano State and it was not really impressive. Yet Shekarau won the debate.

I created a thread about MKO Abiola last year and in that thread I wrote about a politician that I know. I wrote that the people trusted him because they knew him personally for a long time and that newer politicians who appeared and gave the people money or spoke "big English" usually failed because the people did not trust them.

In summary, it is interesting to listen to debates and interviews, but debates and interviews do not guarantee a candidate's performance on the job.

The candidate might just be good at public speaking or terrible at public speaking or he might be an insincere person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by dfrost: 10:50am On Jan 29, 2019
naptu2:

Jimi Disu suggests that Sanwoolu can appoint Agbaje into his government. Sanwoolu says that it's possible, but it will be in an advisory capacity.

Uncle naptu2, has he won already? That's too early in the day to start thinking of appointing JA or not.
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by dfrost: 10:52am On Jan 29, 2019
naptu2:

Thank you. smiley

Thanks naptu2. In a meeting but following the updates from you.

Well done boss.
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by naptu2: 10:52am On Jan 29, 2019
dfrost:

Uncle naptu2, has he won already? That's too early in the day to start thinking of appointing JA or not.

Jimi Disu likes asking those kinds of questions (in a jocular manner) to see if he can trip up his guests. But to be fair to him, he used the word "if", but they were going so fast that I ommitted it.
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by dfrost: 10:59am On Jan 29, 2019
naptu2:

Jimi Disu likes asking those kinds of questions (in a jocular manner) to see if he can trip up his guests. But to be fair to him, he used the word "if", but they were going so fast that I ommitted it.

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. Waiting for the link.
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by MuttleyLaff: 12:46pm On Jan 29, 2019
shosky1794:
I know that after you've now read naptuu2's rejoinder you are happy to retract your remark that this one was not grabbed. This man's greed is insatiable.
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2019
vengertime:
Ok
Jimi bias...u must high on weed...it's u who is bias...person wey invite agbaje and others too nawa
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by Kaysalas(m): 1:35pm On Jan 29, 2019
naptu2:

I will post a link to the recording once it becomes available.
Kindly do same for the fashola interview if you have it
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by naptu2: 1:43pm On Jan 29, 2019
Kaysalas:

Kindly do same for the fashola interview if you have it

I have. Check the thread.

Edit: Here it is http://jimidisu.com/audio-babatunde-raji-fashola-at-the-discourse-with-jimi-disu/

1 Like

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by Kaysalas(m): 1:47pm On Jan 29, 2019
Waoh! Thnx
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by shosky1794: 2:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I know that after you've now read naptuu2's rejoinder you are happy to retract your remark that this one was not grabbed. This man's greed is insatiable.

Naptuu2 rejoinder didn't say anything different from what I said. The land still belongs to the Lagos State government. They are supposed to build a medical park on it and that has not changed. It's only when you see something else on that piece of land that you can start accusing anybody. For now, your accusations are baseless.
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by MuttleyLaff: 2:13pm On Jan 29, 2019
shosky1794:
Naptuu2 rejoinder didn't say anything different from what I said. The land still belongs to the Lagos State government. They are supposed to build a medical park on it and that has not changed. It's only when you see something else on that piece of land that you can start accusing anybody. For now, your accusations are baseless.
"There is a rumour that Bola Tinubu bought over the complex from the Lagos State Government and it is that rumour that annoys Jimi Disu very much. He often challenges APC candidates that they should explain what has happened to the complex and none has given a satisfactory answer."
- by naptuu2 today

Did you notice a difference in length all of a sudden with your nose?
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by shosky1794: 2:42pm On Jan 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"There is a rumour that Bola Tinubu bought over the complex from the Lagos State Government and it is that rumour that annoys Jimi Disu very much. He often challenges APC candidates that they should explain what has happened to the complex and none has given a satisfactory answer."
- by naptuu2 today

Did you notice a difference in length all of a sudden with your nose?

So your accusations are based on rumours. Even Jimi Disu himself got the information that the place is to be converted to medical park and there are different sign boards indicating this in the former nursing school.
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by MuttleyLaff: 2:51pm On Jan 29, 2019
shosky1794:
So your accusations are based on rumours. Even Jimi Disu himself got the information that the place is to be converted to medical park and there are different sign boards indicating this in the former nursing school.
There is no smoke without fire. Take it out of naptuu2 too, don't be facing me only.
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by vengertime: 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
Jimi bias...u must high on weed...it's u who is bias...person wey invite agbaje and others too nawa
he's program is now boring, its not about who he invited or not.
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2019
vengertime:
he's program is now boring, its not about who he invited or not.
u want him to do ur bidding...wats is boring in his program...jst have an open mind simple...one tin I like about Jimi is his originality
Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by vengertime: 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
u want him to do ur bidding...wats is boring in his program...jst have an open mind simple...one tin I like about Jimi is his originality
very funny, putting originality next to Jimi Disu is an insult to the word originality

Re: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Live On Morning Digest With Jimi Disu @ 9am Today. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
vengertime:
very funny, putting originality next to Jimi Disu is an insult to the word originality
wetin u sabi oder Dan bigotry...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EXPOSED!! Rauf Aregbesola's Educational Qualification Is WAEC / CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . / Insecurity: We Didn’t Apologise For Inviting Buhari - Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.