Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG (15142 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by kaen1317: 8:08am On Jan 29, 2019
Mass action can send you back to Daura

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by AllenSpencer: 8:08am On Jan 29, 2019
His Excellence President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) is a blessing to the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Man is to dogged, radical and charismatic

Damn! He got guts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by Aderemi575(m): 8:08am On Jan 29, 2019
Onnoghen is a goner.
Look for something else.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by AllenSpencer: 8:08am On Jan 29, 2019
kaen1317:
Mass action can send you back to Daura

Stop watching too much cartoons. It's impossible

Victory for Buhari is a constant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by yemmight(m): 8:08am On Jan 29, 2019
It's only in Nigeria that people will come out and protest in support of the corrupt persons. The man has even agreed to his mistakes. Just like this statement read, no amount of protest will stop justice and no amount of protest and campaign will stop PMB from returning to ASO ROCK.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by ShenTeh(m): 8:09am On Jan 29, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by ClearFlair: 8:10am On Jan 29, 2019
surevik:
When did this entity start saying saying anything reasonable... King of lie himself

Please cry. We want to see tears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by oopascal: 8:10am On Jan 29, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
WOW
THIS IS GRAND-MASTER GRAPHICS DESIGN TRAINING LIKE YOU NEVER HAD BEFORE – NO THEORY. NO BULLSHITS. 100% PRACTICAL TO MAKE YOU A PRO THIS YEAR IN 4 WEEKS!

Thanks to social media and the app-store economy, design skills are more valuable than ever.
Are you interested in learning more about how to communicate your creative ideas in a way that will capture the attention of your audience? THEN THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU!

This training takes you from Design novice to professional creative through intensive practical training.

WHAT YOU WOULD MASTER AFTER THIS 4 WEEKS PRACTICAL-DRIVEN TRAINING

- The Breakdown of Curriculum that covers EVERYTHING you would practically learn during the training period can be obtained on the website link in banner or better still reach our customer care to request for curriculum sent to you via email

FEES: N28,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: Monday, 21st of January, 2019

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Marathon Training (Weekends and 3 times a Week training also available but with higher charges)

CERTIFICATION: Certificates issued At End of Training at a little extra cost

VENUE: IKEJA LAGOS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

INTERNSHIP AND JOB SUPPORT: We provide ONE to TWO MONTHS INTERNSHIP after training that enables you to sharpen your skills and competency after the training. We also provide mentorship support for up to months after training as well as jobs recommendations & referrals

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

Contacts and Website on Banners

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by AllenSpencer: 8:10am On Jan 29, 2019
yemmight:
It's only in Nigeria that people will come out and protest in support of the corrupt persons. The man has even agreed to his mistakes. Just like this statement read, no amount of protest will stop justice and no amount of protest and campaign will stop PMB from returning to ASO ROCK.

God bless your mother

I beg tell them again

Atiku just sharing his loot.

God is using him to give us back what he looted from our treasury.

I bet you, he will will give his life to Christ when landslide defeat hits him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by sureheaven(m): 8:10am On Jan 29, 2019
Good one from FG, the future of many of those talking trash against the FG for suspending the CJN have been mortgaged and bastardized by these corrupt entities at the helm of affairs. shocked

No matter what the foolish, ignorant and stupid masses do or say, it won't change the decision of FG.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by kufre2010: 8:11am On Jan 29, 2019
Nobody is stopping you from fighting corruption we are complaining about the selective fight

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by Bibors(m): 8:11am On Jan 29, 2019
Balderdash as usual.
Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by jlinkd78(m): 8:12am On Jan 29, 2019
F
Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by DSDLIVEREPORT: 8:13am On Jan 29, 2019
I wonder what Lai's regret will be when he is old retired and nearer to his grave .Especially when he reads most of these stuff. For me I strive to do what I won't regret.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 29, 2019
Stubborn Government

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by rusher14: 8:15am On Jan 29, 2019
kufre2010:
Nobody is stopping you from fighting corruption we are complaining about the selective fight

Get a full dossier on those you wish to prosecute and send it to the Attorney General's office.
Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by Emma1Oj(m): 8:16am On Jan 29, 2019
Buhari heart that is as strong like rock is what these pple are fighting for to revert the decision he has already made.. I guess they are still a learner, they should go and ask Dasuki what Bubu did to him despite supreme court rules. If them like let dem protest from now till 2020 buhari will neva listing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by rusher14: 8:17am On Jan 29, 2019
DSDLIVEREPORT:
I wonder what Lai's regret will be when he is old retired and nearer to his grave .Especially when he reads most of these stuff. For me I strive to do what I won't regret.

Good.

What would Onnoghen's regret be?

Forgetfulness or making CCT the highest court for matters relating to code of conduct?
Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by JimD(m): 8:17am On Jan 29, 2019
Buhari has shot himself in the foot. Now he has attracted the attention of the EU and the US

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by Hexbee: 8:18am On Jan 29, 2019
Sai baba next level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by southpole: 8:21am On Jan 29, 2019
Omeokachie:
Moment I saw it was a statement issued by Lai Mohammad, I decided not to waste my time reading up lies.
Read it for your own understanding so that tomorrow you will not make the same mistake onnoghen made

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by AllenSpencer: 8:21am On Jan 29, 2019
JimD:
Buhari has shot himself in the foot. Now he has attracted the attention of the EU and the US

And what will the EU and US do?

What did they do in Congo recently? They only wailed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by nick50(m): 8:21am On Jan 29, 2019
There is a plot to rig the election if u know u know

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by southpole: 8:23am On Jan 29, 2019
sotall:
What else do you expect from APC propaganda and lieing machine?

Tyranny and dictatorship has supporters also, I am not surprised
Free your mind by being objective, you will live long
Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by anjola88: 8:23am On Jan 29, 2019
interesting

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by AllenSpencer: 8:25am On Jan 29, 2019
nick50:
There is a plot to rig the election if u know u know

Buhari does not need rigging to win the coming election

Can't you see his confidence

GEJ was already sharing dollars around this time in 2015.

Buhari is over confident. International observers will see with their eyes

You always forget Buhari is a movement up North with dogged followers in the West.

North Western alliance has already sealed his Victory.

He needs no rigging or even campaign. Atiku is a light weight for Buhari to be sweating.

Who knows Atiku? He is averagely popular among the elites and unknown at the grass root.
Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by southpole: 8:29am On Jan 29, 2019
topstone4:
You mean mass action can't change the course of SELECTIVE Justice?
It is only a mad man that will want to try all criminals at the same time. If you doubt me go and wear all your clothes at the same time without being selective and walk in the street let hear what people will call you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by gare(f): 8:30am On Jan 29, 2019
[quote author= post=75217237][/quote]

So you mean to tell me there is no looting in this Government, a simple question for a simple answer

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG by hush15: 8:31am On Jan 29, 2019
NewsMuncher:
The Federal Government, yesterday, dismissed the groundswell of opposition to its suspension of embattled Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, over his non-declaration of assets, insisting that no amount of mass protests would change the course of justice.

The government also boasted that more Nigerians were in support of the suspension of the CJN than those opposed to the wielding of the sledgehammer against the chief justice. Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who spoke at a world press conference on the matter in Abuja, declared: “More Nigerians are with us than are with them on this issue, going by the feelers that we are getting from across the country.

Those who want to protest against the suspension of the CJN should feel free to exercise their rights, within the limits of the law. The minister, however, took a swipe at Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its sympathisers for using the suspension of the CJN to celebrate corruption and attempting to make a mockery of the effort of Buhari’s administration to sanitise the polity.

Mohammed said: “The opposition, in its reaction, is guilty of engaging in hysteria and for overheating the polity. Conveniently, they have anchored their failed campaign for the 2019 election on an issue that is totally unrelated to the election.

“By their reaction, they have made their tattered umbrella available for shielding alleged corrupt persons. Their leopard can never change its spots. PDP is corruption personified and it’s only reason for seeking a return to office is to complete their looting of the national treasury. “The attack dogs unleashed by the opposition have been engaging in incitement and other actions that can threaten law and order. There is no cause for alarm, as the law enforcement agencies are alive to their responsibilities.

“Contrary to the cacophony of voices that have been muddying the waters, the CCT was acting within its powers in ordering the suspension of Justice Onnoghen as Chief Justice of Nigeria, and President Muhammadu Buhari was right in carrying out the order. “The suspension of Justice Onnoghen is a consequence of his breach of the Code of Conduct for Public Officers and has nothing to do with the forthcoming elections, neither does it signify the onset of dictatorship or tyranny as some have insinuated. It amounts to irresponsible extrapolation to say that the suspension of Justice Onnoghen is the onset of dictatorship.’’

The minister argued that rather than blame Buhari for his fate, the embattled CJN should blame himself for his misfortune. Mohammed said having admitted that he made a “mistake” by “forgetting” to declare his assets as required of him as a public officer in Nigeria, Onnoghen should have simply stepped aside as soon as he realised he had erred in that regard. The minister said it was also wrong for the embattled justice to have dodged summons by Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, and refused to appear before it, having known that it was the same court that had exclusive power to try him for the offence.

Mohammed drew attention to the ruling given by Onnoghen in 2013 in which he declared that it was only the CCT that had the exclusive right to try offences bordering on assets of public officers and no other court in the land. He said: “It is unfortunate that in the ensuing debate, the talk about due process has overshadowed the talk about the substance. Procedure cannot or should not trounce substance. That brings me to the role of the National Judicial Council, NJC.

“Some have argued that the Justice Onnoghen issue should have been referred to the NJC to handle. They would have been right if Justice Onnoghen had been accused of professional misconduct, which is what is within the purview of the NJC. “The allegations against Justice Onnoghen go beyond professional misconduct. It is the alleged breach of the Code of Conduct for Public Officers. And only one body is statutorily empowered to deal with this: The Code of Conduct Tribunal. “Interestingly, Justice Onnoghen himself has elucidated on this. In various judgments, he upheld the provisions of the law concerning the CCT. In one particular judgment he delivered on July 12, 2013, Justice Onnoghen held that the CCT had exclusive jurisdiction (emphasis mine) to deal with all violations contravening any of the provisions of the Code of Conduct Bureau. “Let me put this in a layman’s language: All breaches of the Code of Conduct for Public Officers must be handled by the Code of Conduct Tribunal

Pure and simple. In other words, Justice Onnoghen’s judgment held that the provisions expressly ousted the powers of ordinary regular courts in respect of such violations. “In a case between Ismaeel Ahmed and Nasiru Ahmed, Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, Chairman of the Kano state chapter of the party, and Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, which has been reported by the media, Onnoghen, while interpreting Paragraph 12 of the Fifth Schedule of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) as regards CCT’s jurisdiction held that, “…the said paragraph 12 provides as follows: ‘Any allegation that a public officer has committed a breach of or has not complied with the provisions of this Code shall be made to the Code of Conduct Bureau.” “The judgment, which was delivered at the Supreme Court with suit number ‘SC.279/2012’ before Justices Onnoghen and others, also held that the provisions of the law are clearly unambiguous. Justice Onnoghen said the provisions are, “so construed literally meaning that any breaches of any provisions of the said 5th schedule or matters of noncompliance with any provisions of the Code shall be made to the Code of Conduct Bureau that has established its Tribunal with the exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any violations of any provisions under the Code.’’

“Is anyone still in doubt that the CCT is the right court to try the alleged breach of the Code of Conduct for Public Officers levied against Justice Onnoghen? Is it not clear that challenging the jurisdiction of the CCT to try him is an abuse of court process by Justice Onnoghen? “As for those who argued that the CCT is wrong in ordering Justice Onnoghen’s suspension, are they aware that Justice Onnoghen himself disagreed with them? In the judgment I referred to earlier, he wrote: “The tribunal to the exclusion of other courts is also empowered to impose any punishments as specified under sub-paragraphs (2) (a), (b) & (c) of paragraph 18 as provided in sub-paragraphs 3 and 4 of paragraph 18 while appeals shall lie as of right from such decisions to the Court of Appeal.” In essence, the CCT is right to have directed Justice Onnoghen’s suspension, and the President did the right thing by acting on the orders of the CCT.

Needless to say that in many of the cases of professional misconduct against judges that Justice Onnoghen has presided over at the NJC; judges have been suspended while still undergoing trial! “In particular, the opposition has latched on to it, threatening fire and brimstone and concocting all sorts of imaginary scenarios and generally muddying the waters. In what I will call the theatre of the absurd, the main opposition party, the PDP, even suspended its electioneering campaign for 72 hours! Of course, you must have seen my reaction to that. ‘’I said there is nothing to suspend in a campaign that never took off in the first instance! So much for the opposition’s hysteria. “Today, I have called this press conference to set the records straight and redirect the discourse. Contrary to what the opposition and their ilk have been saying, this is not about the forthcoming elections; neither does the suspension of the CJN signal the beginning of dictatorship. President Buhari is an avowed democrat, and this he has proven time and time again. This administration stands firm on the rule of law.

This whole issue is about the country’s highest judicial officer, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, being accused of a breach of the Code of Conduct for Public Officers, and the legal and moral conundrum surrounding that.” ‘’It is about the suspicious transactions running into millions of dollars to the suspended CJN’s personal accounts, all undeclared or improperly declared as required by law. ‘’It is about the Hon. Justice Onnoghen himself admitting to the charges that he indeed failed to follow the spirit and letter of the law in declaring his assets.....

More:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/onnoghen-mass-action-cant-change-course-of-justice-lai-mohammed/amp/

just like i posted on facebook. If we dont vote these eeediats out, mass actions and protests wont change anything post elections. the only solution is to vote and i still remain that for now, PDP is still the way forward.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki And Ekweremadu’s Marriage Of Convenience Might Not Last – Sen Sodangi / 26,000 APC Members In Edo Decamp To PDP / 2018 World Cup: Buhari Appoints Ambode Into FG Delegation To Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.