Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact (2091 Views)

Why Many Christians Will Miss The Rapture! / Some Muslims Will Make Heaven While Some Christians Will Not. / Christian Weapons Of Warfare (8 Powerful Weapons All Christians Must Use)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact by damiso(f): 10:29am On Aug 18, 2010
Before anyone comes here to castigate me,i am a christian,a God loving bible believing christian,i attend one of the most popular pentecostal denominations in Nigeria and i do not hate wealth or riches.But i hate the fact that alot of our 'supposed'teachers seem to cash in on the inherent 'hammer' or 'get rich or die trying' attitude of most nigerians/black people by potraying the salvation experience as an express ticket to be rich or 'blessed' as they seem to call it. God is not the lottery,tithe and offerings are not tickets to such,(rejoinder: i have nothing against both so pls do not dwell on just that part of the post).I hate it the way Success or fulfilling destiny is seen or measured in monetary terms or in terms of material acqusitions.

I know God does indeed wants us to lack for nothing for but why do we(myself sometimes included so i am not judging just trying to be introspective) always seem to label people that do not have money as not having fulfilled destiny.Someone said that Destiny is not Place in itself but a cumulation of many things.Can someone tell if Mother Theresa did not fulfill destiny?She was not wealthy and basically did not have wordly possesions.Mary Slessor is not remebered and taught in Nigeria History for the wealth that she possesed.To me a teacher who is dedicated and is able to succesfully impart knowledge and shape a child has helped in fulfilling the destiny of those children and might not be necessarily rich.A father who is a cab driver and shows milk of human kindness to a man who boarded his taxi and in turn the life of that man was saved helped destiny if that man he saved in turn was a scientist and found the cure to bowel cancer.All i am saying in short is that sucess cant and should never be measured in financial or material terms especially as a christian.

It just sometimes makes me wonder when i sit in church and hear stuff like 'There must be something wrong if by the end of next year every memeber of this church has not bought their own property' grin.Eccelesiates 3 tells us that there is a time and season for everything under the Sun,and everyone's times and seasons are different.If someone who is easily swayed by mass euphoria now does not buy property next year,does that mean that God does not remain God.Everyone will not own property,FACT.Whe i tell people this, they say i dont have faith.O i have faith,but my faith in God is not predicated on things that can be seen as Hebrews 11 illustrates,dont get me wrong i am not supporting mediocrity,but who says not being wealthy (in terms of money cos wealth is relative,some people are wealthy in other resources apart from money) makes you mediocre.I am tired of pastors slating hardworking people and sometimes making them believe that the sole aim of being a christian is for God to bless you and make you rich.Its just a fringe benefit and that wealth is even not meant for you to flaunt and make others feel that they are doing something wrong.Thank God for people like Bill gates(who is not even christian) and pays like 90% of the world's Polio bill.

I will not stop attending my church but i will not stop pointing some deficient doctrines and i dont care if they label me a rebel,God alone is my standard.
Re: All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact by Okijajuju1(m): 11:11am On Aug 18, 2010
What ever happened to the word of your God according to the bible in the books of;

God speaking thru David in the Palsms:
Ps 112:1-3
Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.

2 His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.

3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever.
KJV

This means If you fear God, Obey his commandments, then you shall neither be barren nor poor. Wealth & riches were used here so I'm sure the bible was refering to Money, gold and the likes.

God speaking thru the bible in the book of Isaiah:
Isa 45:3
And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
KJV

Now he is talk bout giving the money of evil people to the christians. Monies of Yahoo boys, Ogu Ego (blood money), Politicians, e.t.c. Basically, christians should be having "Arab Money".

God speaking thru Paul to the Phillipian Christians :
Phil 4:19

19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
KJV

I guess he was talking bout "Jehova Jireh" here. The God of provision

God: 3 John 14

14 But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.
KJV

I'm sure every pastor has used this line to hustle their congregation severally. Look I could go on & on showing you instances where the bible promises Christians wealth and riches, so whats ur point exactly?    undecided You are talking bout Mother Theresa?! She was a wonderful woman but I wonder what she has to do with anything, she chose to be broke. Commiting her life to a humanitarian course, thats way different from hard-working christians who work 9 - 5 jobs and yet still live hand to mouth.
Re: All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact by damiso(f): 11:37am On Aug 18, 2010
Okija_juju:

What ever happened to the word of your God according to the bible in the books of;

This means If you fear God, Obey his commandments, then you shall neither be barren nor poor. Wealth & riches were used here so I'm sure the bible was refering to Money, gold and the likes.

Now he is talk bout giving the money of evil people to the christians. Monies of Yahoo boys, Ogu Ego (blood money), Politicians, e.t.c. Basically, christians should be having "Arab Money".

I guess he was talking bout "Jehova Jireh" here. The God of provision

I'm sure every pastor has used this line to hustle their congregation severally. Look I could go on & on showing you instances where the bible promises Christians wealth and riches, so whats your point exactly? undecided You are talking bout Mother Theresa?! She was a wonderful woman but I wonder what she has to do with anything, she chose to be broke. Commiting her life to a humanitarian course, thats way different from hard-working christians who work 9 - 5 jobs and yet still live hand to mouth.

God shall supply all your needs does not mean all christains will be wealthy.Needs are basic neccesities of life.Most times we to do not need stupendously wealthy to meet our basic needs,We WANT to be rich. I am not saying that My God(your words) does not make people wealthy because i belive he alone giveth the power to make wealth , i am just saying that the decision to be a christian should not be based on that premise alone as one might get disappointed if the so called riches are not forthcoming.Mother theresa example was too say that sucess was not based on riches as i feel she was succesful.
Re: All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact by omobadan(m): 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2010
Damiso, you're quite right. I think the problem with us as a people is our lack of contentment. When we spend too much time in church instead of working hard, we end up thinking God will make us wealthy.
@ Okija_Juju, the problem with using the bible to justify what has been holding us down, is that it plays into the hands of those churches that sell prosperity to the poor. The reason why the doctrine of "All Christians will not be rich" is so true is because non christians are rich and wealthy! Even bad people are rich! What we should be teaching our people is to work hard and God will definitely help.
Re: All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact by UyiIredia(m): 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2010
'the poor you will have with you always' >>>> anyways the prosperity mandate is in tandem with the get-rich-quick attitude present in societies
Re: All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact by yommyuk: 11:45pm On Aug 18, 2010
Ecclesiastes 9:11-12
I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior does not always win the battle. The wise sometimes goes hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. IT IS ALL DECIDED BY CHANCE. BY BEING IN RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME. People can never predict when hard times might come. Like fish in a net or birds in a trap, people are caught by sudden tragedy. Why?
The answer lies in Ecclesiastes 7:13-14
Accepts the way God does things, for who can straighten what he has made crooked? Enjoy prosperity while you can, but when hard times strike, realise that they both come from God. Remember that nothing is certain in this life.(Food for thought hey!)

That is why Apostle Paul wrote in the Book of pHILIPPIANS 4:11-13 THAT "Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost NOTHING or with EVERYTHING. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do all things through CHRIST who gives me strength.(Amen)
Re: All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact by Joagbaje(m): 7:38am On Aug 20, 2010
Every Christian is rich already, preachers only let them know what belongs to them. It is part of the gospel. It is Not by force. At least they have a right to know. If you tell people they have dominion over , sin , over Satan, over, demons why is it a matter to tell them of their dominion over poverty and lack. They are the seed of Abraham for God sake!
Re: All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact by yommyuk: 10:11am On Aug 20, 2010
In a sense poverty and Lack can be demonic and satanic.
One may be indulging in a sin that may lead to lack and poverty
Another may be experiencing demonic influences that can also lead to lack and poverty.
Therefore is it essential to reveal to people the source of lack and poverty which most of the time can be sin, satanic and demonic influences.
By overcoming the root cause leads to dominion
In regards to being the seed of Abraham, that is a different issue entirely.

@ Joagbaje
My question is rich in what?
The list is board.
Re: All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact by Joagbaje(m): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2010
yommyuk:

@ Joagbaje
My question is rich in what?
The list is board.

Rich in all that the enemy stole. Eternal life is a life of fulness. Reigning in dominion, poverty, sin, death, failure,sickness.
Re: All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact by ellagold(m): 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2010
All christians will not be rich! Fact.
Remember a woman whose husband (a prophet) left debt for the family after his death, of course he was a prophet but then he wasn't a rich man. So that's a typical example that all christians will not be rich. shela!
Re: All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact by yommyuk: 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2010
@ Joagbaje
He who joins himself with the Lord is one Spirit with him. For us to live is Christ. He who has the son has life. The life of Jesus manifested in our body bears good fruit in every good work that we do. Our ultimate treasure is Christ. The Father who owns all things knows how to entrust resources to those who will give glory to his name.

(1) (Reply)

Why Did The Magi Bring Gold, Frankincense And myrrh to Jesus? / Which Calender Was Use During Methuselah Days To Ascertain His Age. / O' Christians Why Do You Consume The Flesh Of The Swine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.